All Comments on 'Coyote'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Great story! More,please!!

jiminabjiminabover 12 years ago
Good one

Nice read thanks. I almost crapped on you for putting this in LW until I realised it,s not LW. Sorry. We have lots of coyotes here. On a cold winter night I go out and hear them howling to each other, don't have any sheep so I like them. But I do keep my dog in at night. Again, thank you. Jim

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
Wish I Could Have Shown My Grandfather This Story!

He ran thousands of sheep at a time in several different herds with permits to graze in three states. A tame coyote, though? Gramps would have snorted at un'. I'll believe it when I see it. Good damn story though, thanks

xtremeddxtremeddover 12 years ago
Amazing story...

mm,

I'd watched a 50-60 lb. coy/dog for four years. It had taken (killed) at least two small domestic dogs. I shot its pure coyote mate then it lured a neighbors big female Gold Lab away followed later by his daughters Pit Bull. They would run with the coyote. When I saw them the did not look tame they ran with a slinking predatory movement. Not good. Never had a shot the big male it but I later shot the Gold and Pit.

Coyotes are survivors ghost like in the suburbs as well in rural ares.

Said that to say this. Your story may be "far fetched" but perhaps, not to me...

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 12 years ago
Wonderful!

Magmaman, you are the master storyteller.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Good read, well spun out. There is a new variation of coyote now back East. National Geographic had a brief article on it. It, overall, is about 15% bigger, more muscular, heavier and NOT afraid of humans. There have been a few attacks reported, they were single animal attacks. They think it, the Western coyote, has breed with wolves or large domestic dogs breeds as it moved back East.

hodunkhodunkover 12 years ago
WHAT A STORY !!

Man you sure write a great story! I love it and look forward to your next tale. your the best!

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Great Story

MGM is a really fine story teller. Thanks!

bigguy323bigguy323over 12 years ago
Coyotes are vermin and should be shot on sight.

No exceptions...

extemporeextemporeover 12 years ago
Is it just a story?

Whether there is some factual basis or not, it is just an excellent, excellent story

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
Good One

The rancher vs. wild animal thing has been going on forever. I have never seen a coyote, but I do know wolves. I have five wooded chain linked acres in the back that contains two males and three females. They use the doggy door which my kids have renamed. The neighbors have told me they consider the howling to be a serenade. One of my greatest joys is to sneak around with them in the dark. My wife has commented that I have the same look that they do occasionally. I haven't asked if that is a good thing or a bad one. I do know that is a very special thing to observe and live with them.

curioussscuriousssover 12 years ago
Very good

Having moved to the US only in 1996, I really know nothing about coyotes, but this sure was an interesting story.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
This kind of story

is one of the reasons that people have become so unrealistic about animals in general, and predators in particular.

Aren't they just SO cute? Yeah - right - and I believe everything that Walt Disney showed in Bambi.

It's called anthropomorphism - giving human characteristics to animals. So animals suddenly have compassion, mercy, judgment. Right? WRONG.

This story will get good scores, for it is well written. But it belongs with the 'whore with a golden heart' stories - among the fairy tales and mythologies.

magmamanmagmamanover 12 years agoAuthor
RE: "This Kind of Story"

There is some truth to what this anon suggests. People tend to see animals with human traits. Thus the Coyote that appears to be almost laughing? Look closely, they nearly always look like that.

I hear the mention of "nature" when some, well meaning, would reintroduce predators into areas converted to livestock production.

Those very same folks that fence their home gardens to keep the Deer out, and trap the Rabbit that comes in at night to feed think it's perfectly all right to allow predators to roam unmolested in ranching country.

The flaw in that thinking is not understanding that human beings are a part of nature, also.

The other flaw is trying to kill every Coyote one sees. Do that, and the survivors have litters of 7 to 8 young rather than 2 or 3. Better to have a few around, kept skittish, than many in learning mode.

Far better to put a round between their legs if they dare to come down off the hillsides. A dab of fear, respect helps to keep things loosely under control.

What is funny is some of you folks that live in the city have Coyotes living with you right there in your yards and many of you do not even know it.

MGM

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Oh

Shit

JLRemoraJLRemoraover 12 years ago
What a howl

Seen a few coyotes, never had to shoot one, though. Did shoot and kill a couple of mountain lions. Them are pesky cats, dangerous too.

Good story and well written. Has a touch of old post wisdom. Took me back to my granddad's ranch, where I spent my summers. Good memories. Or so as I remember them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Well done!

I enjoy reading your stories because you are able to give a different slant to each. Your subject matter seems fresh and different. Not the same old lines and storie plots.

Thank you.

amartamartalmost 12 years ago
lovely story

while the comment about anthropomorphism is to some extent true -- members of the canine species have can have some surprisingly human traits.

CoyoteMadeMeDoItCoyoteMadeMeDoItalmost 12 years ago
loved it

No need to ask why i loved it ;)

I'm a realist but still a huge fan of coyotes, they want to live too. I guess i like them for their adaptability & determination to exist in spite of the odds(like me) But I also own dairy goats & other livestock. They want to live too! I'm Always prepared to protect them from anything.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Heh. Enjoyed it.

This is an enjoyable story. I don't have any experience to back up that enjoyment, but it was well-written and has a very human sense to it. JLRemora has something there about old post wisdom.

TonyKiwiTonyKiwialmost 10 years ago
Great story of man and beast

Now if we could just get our woman to behave as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Best so far

I've read several of your stories now, and this is my favorite so far. Thanks.

Barry

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
LOVED IT

Don't know why it belongs on Literotica, though.

Come to think of it, I come to Literotica for entertainment and enjoyment; and in that way, this story is better than most of what is on Literotica. The story and magamaman's comment (9-18-11) were intriguing reading.

I live in a small town in western Oklahoma. Late at night (maybe 11 or 12) a few years ago, I saw a red fox sauntering down the sidewalk of the main street of town (which was otherwise deserted). Several times I saw them nearer the outskirts of town.

Coyotes are common in western Oklahoma (which is not sheep country). A farmer once remarked, "If you're going to keep a cat, you have to keep a dog."

Paul in Oklahoma

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 3 years ago
Change of pace

Found what I was looking for, a good story that wasn't page to page sex. I'm not against sex, I've jerked off to many a story, but sometimes it just too much. It's always good to find a real story to read, and this is one of those.

Had a friend that lives in Houston that had her little dog taken out of their back yard by coyotes. So yes, they are smart and they are survivors and will be with us because they adapt to man.

Not sure I totally believe the story but I did enjoy it, thanks

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Coyotes are smart critters that is why they are survivors. Much smarter than domesticated dogs. They have been known to do some unusual things.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A wonderful story, especially on a site like this!

The coyote is my spirit guide. They are bright, adaptable and loyal. They are also monogamous, unlike many other canines and most people. In legend, Coyote is a trickster and a thinker. For me, coyotes are a sign of good fortune and a good omen.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Been a couple of years since I first read this story and just happened to stumble on it again, so I reread it. Still think it's a good story and will probably read it again sometime in the future, lol.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...