All Comments on 'Crescent City in The Rockies Pt. 01'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 84 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Nice work loved the story and tapping foot waiting for next installment

MaresEatOatsMaresEatOatsover 6 years ago
Yours, by this beginning, ....

...would have been a most worthy addition to the previous group offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Update. Update..

Update.. your story is like a breath of fresh air, in the pile of crap posted these last days. From what i see your talent is at the same level as the others. I even dare to say that your go west story is the best one from what was posted that day. I hope the second part will live up to expectations. Also i ship the doctor with the chinese girl. She is a whore with honor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not going to do any comparing

Just write the fucking story. No need to explain shit. The stupid fucking intro costs you a star. The stupid IR crap costs you another. Three left, and that's generous.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 6 years ago
Blackrandl does a selfless and oft thankless job organizing the Legends for which I'm profoundly grateful, however ....

She may have inadvertently cheated the readership by not inviting you to contribute to bounty of stories that the illustrious and select scribes provide. My main two demands for next legends day ?

1) Jimbob44 be ushered into Legends status

2) A patroen page be created so grateful readers like me can thank those that make this special event happen and a semi-annual highlight.

As for the story ? This is 2nd Western by I've perused by Jimbob44 and the favorite of the two. The first had a nimble plot but the climax centered around violence and action .

That's fine but the restraint shown in this one substituted multiple diverse characters of all creeds and colors into spotlight and nearly all developed in some manner from various introductions - it's not the destination, tis' the journey goes the aphorism. So far Jimbob44 has made this "stage" trip first class.Ergo the obvious rating.

Full marks * * * * *

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I remember your last "western"

Some cuck shit, wasn't it? Probably more here.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 6 years ago
@ last je' accuse cuckshit comment - Just accept it .

So you came back for 2nds of alleged seconds of 'alleged cuckshit ' ? Cue Brokeback Mountain heartening quote - " I WISH I COULD QUIT YOU " . But that character was gay - it was his fate . He couldn't quit Brokeback Mountain and you can't quit cuckshit authors. Not everyone can be a Marlboro man . You and Jake Gyllenhaal ain't making the cut . Deal with it .

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

That was incredibly homophobic of you. Why don't you do the world a favor and eat a bullet and save us from your racist, classist, gay hating ass?

ju8streadingju8streadingover 6 years ago

i like where this is going. please continue

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 6 years ago
Thanks for the Western

Randi adores Westerns, which prompted the idea. This story is, if inspired by the others, a worthy continuation. The Western genre keeps giving. Qhml1 just posted the next chapter of his continuing Western saga in Novels, and I will post the next chapter of mine as soon as I am feeling up to it. I will happily read any Western posted and hope they keep coming, from this author, and others.

TigerladyandhimTigerladyandhimover 6 years ago
Loved Part 1

Excellent story and enjoyed the characters.

It is worth the time with lesser able authors in Literotica to come across a gem like this.

Look forward to the rest.

Thanks for your efforts

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 6 years ago
Wow.

Very decriptive and

thoughtfully written

in the spirit of the era.

Looking forward to the second part.

Excellent job JimBob!

Top ratings from me.

m1a1m1a1over 6 years ago
Fine job

Love the story thus far....excited to see where it goes. 5*

BBeinhartBBeinhartover 6 years ago
Delicious!

Wonderful yarn. I hope the fates are kind to Dr. Jordinaire, Merilee, Nguyen and Jennie. The mind boggles already.

*****

RePhilRePhilover 6 years ago
Hey Buddy GREAT STORY!

The idiots that run this site are not literate and wouldnt be able to identify a good story even if it shit in their mouth lol (too rude?), we all know that. Thank god for the readers that drive this site. You should have been invited as should others, better yet it should have been an open forum. What motivates these ”Trump-ian” hosts is a mystery

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
no, not the typical DeGarde Soap Opera at all!

Actually, I want to say that with as much life as you have infused into your previous universe of stories, No reader here should be surprised at how deftly you can operate in a new setting.

This was a great read, and like others, I am eagerly awaiting chapter two.

If you have avoided "legendary" status in the past, is must only be because of the niche you purposefully placed yourself in. No issue there. But by stretching out of that comfort zone? We all realize how talented you really are, Thank you for this. I hope it has been as rewarding for you as author, as if has and will continue to be for us readers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
RePhilled with jizz is right

the closet cases that live on this board 24/7 keep it solvent and despite being only semi-literate are the true arbiters of quality. cc unite!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
This has the makings of one of your best stories ever!

Well done, well researched, delightful to read. Can't wait...

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 6 years ago
JimBob44

You are clearly talented enough to warrant legendary status, but you will never reach that pinnacle unless you bend the knee and submit your story to Randi (who now refers to herself in the first person, appropriately enough) for inspection and approval before submitting it to this site. That, or include a scene where a defenseless woman is beaten with a pickaxe handle. Either one will earn that coveted gold star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One of The Best

JimBob44 is one of the legendary writers on this site. Just look at how many readers comment on his stories (good or bad). He is one of my favorites and every time he submits a story a smile comes to my face. He is unique.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@swingerjoe

legendary on a free fuck story site? well, after reading the intro it does seem like the author feels a certain way about not being included or he wouldn't have brought it up....

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Oh, for fuck's sake.

You people need to get over yourselves. Just read the fucking story and get a life. Swingerjoe needs help for that obsession. Who gives a shit about fucking "legendary?" Do you like the damn stories, or not? Don't fucking read them if you don't and shut the fuck up about it. If you do, thank the writer and the lady that gave you the story and move the fuck on to the next one. What a bunch of horse shit. Sorry JimBob44. You wrote a good story. I gave it a four.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Really good

Five. Yahoo! Nice touch, the civil war, the old west and that's the way it was.

Finish the story. Got to be some shooting & just killing, an election and running the bad guys out of town.

Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The last guy said it for me.

I'm just here to read stories. I don't give a rat's ass bout your little war, Swinger Joe. I'm just glad to see good stories, like this one, and I'm damn sick of you, whether you're talking your shit as anon or Swinger Joe. RPL

Sidney43Sidney43over 6 years ago

I thought you captured the time period you were writing in very well. The use of language and sentence structure made it easy to fall into the story of the West after the civil war. There were a few mistakes, but nothing serious so it is a good read. Looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Eggs

Do you think JimBob was trying to use period language, or has he just never seen the word Huevos? Perhaps it was Freudian, in that he doesn't have any.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 6 years ago
I think you have found your true niche..........

While I have enjoyed your tales of small town La.......I think your westerns will bring you an even greater readership. Well written and well paced story ....I am looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great read...

now hurry the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Looking forward to the next chapter

Great job here. This is the best story I have read of yours. Looking forward to the conclusion.

TakeALittleTimeTakeALittleTimeover 6 years ago
Very enjoyable

At first when JimBob moved his stories from Louisiana, I was apprehensive. I felt like I had a good grasp of his characters and settings. However, things change and this is a change for the better. Moving away from the stilted Cajun dialect is welcome as it had become a bit cliched.

Anyway, the only real fault I can find in this story is the reference to basketball, which was not invented until 1891.

I am definitely looking forward to the conclusion, even though I'm pretty sure how it will end up. :)

jezzazjezzazover 6 years ago
Absolutely great.

Very much looking forward to part 2.

WyldcardWyldcardover 6 years ago

One of your strongest submissions to date!

Writing is always a work in progress, and great to see your improvement.

It was a fun read, you've provided characters, potential conflicts, and the stage is set for the next chapters. Looking forward to them.

arrowglassarrowglassover 6 years ago
Really good read!

Now...just have to wait for Ch. 02!!! I would like the main character except for the fact he not only left his first wife and the third child, he left HIS own other two children too without a thought about their future...scum!!! Really interesting story though!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Shame on a slave who would lower his standards and fuck a white whore.

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 6 years ago
Hey @Arrowglass...

Dare I refer you to paragraph 4...

"He had met and married Annette Tulle and had fathered two boys and a girl. His three children had perished, victims of the Ague."

So, they were all DEAD already. Do you often suffer...such reading comprehension issues much?

@JimBob44...

Loved it so far. Keep it going.

jesemmojesemmoover 6 years ago
Good Story

I hope you're bring Merrilee back into the story. I'd like to see more interaction between them. I don't think Billy is going to justify her needs.

Good read and looking forward to the next chapter.

Rolando1225Rolando1225over 6 years ago
QUITE ENTERTAINING

I love this story. It's quite entertaining. The plot, the writing, and the fine sense of humor are for sure first class. Thanks for the story. Looking forward to reading part 2.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Hoping

for many chapters.

arrowglassarrowglassover 6 years ago
Thanks GrandpaM...I had forgotten that!!!

Forgetting more every day!!!

Impo_64Impo_64over 6 years ago
A good story in the old west...

A good story in the old west...Makes us wait anxious for part 2...4*

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 6 years ago
Great

Laughed at the typo (sorry). I assume Ung the Robe is the Asian cloakroom attendant? Looking forward to part 2.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 6 years ago
Wonderful story

A captivating, wonderfully told story. I truly loved every word of it. I’m anticipating the rest of this interesting tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent! 5 Stars -OldCrow

JimBob44,

You should have been invited to participate, you certainly have the talent for writing a good story and a western at that. I have read and enjoyed all of your other stories. Thank you for all you contribute.

WyldcardWyldcardover 6 years ago
Moving the safe

Hi, one thing came to mind and went back to re-read the moving of the safe. I assume you're trying to imply Nguyen created an improvised block & tackle, but simply looping the rope around a few static beams, you're not getting a mechanical advantage.The rope is still moving the same distance as the safe is being lifted. In fact, you're adding friction to the system, so making it harder to pull.

It would be better to say she brought a pulley down with her set it up on the main beam, then used that to move the safe. Note that even a 4 wheel system would effectively mean she's trying to lift at 200lbs, which is greater than her own weight. Probably would need another girl to help. It would also have to be secured to the beam which isn't trivial.

Either way, the scenario as described isn't physically accurate or possible. If you ever do an edit, something to clean up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Setting the Stage

I like the introduction of the cast of characters and the plot/subplot lines. Just enough of each to make me wonder how you will weave all of that into the story. The episode of the two bad actors planning to skip town after being set up seemed rushed to me. Not enough build up. Great read. Looking forward to the next chapters.

kimi1990kimi1990over 6 years ago
So, author, is this what you intended?

You intended to invite personal attacks on other authors? That's the kind of comments you like in your columns? If not, you should delete them. If so, I'll have something more to say. You deserve the benefit of the doubt, for now.

dinkymacdinkymacover 6 years ago
Great story!

Thanks for sharing. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
really liked it

One of your best.

jtaylor

26thNC26thNCover 6 years ago
Love it

I think the reference to hoops is that of rolling a metal hoop with a stick, not basketball. Also, I hope the good Doc comes upon his two black friends again during his adventures. A dentist, named Doc, with a Colt .45, how could this go wrong.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
ASIAN INSCRUTABLE ACTIONS

but not that they are unwise to ways of life, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A great beginning.

A vibrant, evocative and well described setting, well drawn characters and some interesting plot threads ready to take up in ch2.

You've laid all the groundwork for a fascinating story.

Thanks for a fabulous read. Can't wait for the next instalment.

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 6 years ago
Thank you

An excellent beginning, JB44! The pacing and writing were spot on. Westerns aren't that appealing to me but I'm really looking forward to your next chapter!

Killian

InsigniaInsigniaover 6 years ago
A trip outside Degard

Is a good way of expanding your repetoire. Well done. There are some trouble spots like moving the safe and some hurried transitions but this is entertaining. I am not sure how you tone down the racially insensitive parts without diluting the character. Its a well worth finishing and I look forward to the next installment.

patilliepatillieover 6 years ago
Well that was just fantastic!

You are good my friend, good story and great sex. Love your descriptions and characterizations. Cant wait for part two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Please continue this series. It's the first I've read by you that I know of and greatly enjoyed it! :).

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 6 years ago
Sweet mercy! This was fantastic!

I cant believe i read through 4 chapters already, i didn’t want it to end.

Cant wait for more chapters.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
... This was good!

Surprising writing from JB44. 'Guess you have to take the man outta Nola for him to try new things.

Was expecting him to focus the whole story around Dr Dan and Merilee, and, although those two are probably still the main characters here, the Nguyen Moo arc toward the end was a very welcome surprise to this tale.

Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long for the second part of this story - I'm genuinely interested in seeing how this will turn out.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 6 years ago
I want to see where it goes

This first part is quite slow, and wordy. I suspect that the pace may pickup, and that the plot will tighten the characters. Hoping that part two isn’t months away...

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 6 years ago
Thanks, and by the way, just as the Doc is going to clean up this town.....

There is some anonymous fool dropping N bomb on Randi. Might want to show the troll to the door?

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 6 years ago
As a true legend , allow me to say this.

SJ, you are claiming that Randi has no right to determine who the legends are, yet you pronounce JimBob44 qualified to be a true legend. That is not for you to decide! You lack humility, which Harddaysknight has in abundance and which is one of the many reasons that he is a true legend. Just ask him. Personally, he questions the legend list once you go past Harddaysknight's name. These pretenders have pissed Harddaysknight off, too. He asks that commenters start a petition here on Lit to have the moderators grant Harddaysknight Legendary Status and insist that no others be included! Sure, other writers have higher scores and more fans and even write better stories, but this Legend thing is getting out of hand. We cannot allow it to remain arbitrary. It needs to have real meaning.

To that end, Harddaysknight is declaring Harddayskinght the only true legend, ever, anyplace, at any time. Harddaysknight knows his shit! By the way, Joe, this is called referring to yourself in the third person, not the first person. Look up "illeism". Harddaysknight is truly a legend in his own mind! Long live HDK! (Can I have an amen??)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
huevos rancheros

Try "huevos rancheros" instead of "wavos rancheros". Unless you put "wavos" into spell check it will complain.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 6 years ago
Thank you, FD45!

I really put myself out there... I mean Harddaysknight took a chance and was rewarded with an amen! Harddaysknight now considers Harddaysknight the one true legend and dismisses all pretenders!

stev2244stev2244over 6 years ago
Amen

I'm in a generous mood today, HDK.

Impo_64Impo_64over 6 years ago
Amen...

Amen...Not one but two "Amen"...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5-Stars (again) OLD_CROW

JimBob44

You say: “**Author's Note: I write these stories for my pleasure; I post them here for your enjoyment. I do thank you for reading my stories.” I read your stories for my pleasure and so far you haven’t failed to deliver. Please keep the stories coming. You branched out and we discovered you had a talent we never would have suspected. Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Damn

Damn good western. Five stars! Can't wait for thefuture chapters. Thanks for this one.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 6 years ago
Louisiana to Colorado

I met one of my first girlfriends in Grand Lake, Colorado, where she worked Summers during college. She hailed from Baton Rouge, where her father was a professor at LSU. I’m a native Coloradan, but after falling for Ms. Boudreaux (names changed to protect the innocent/guilty), I thoroughly, and as it turned out, more permanently fell in love with southern Louisiana. Probably accounts for some of my fondness for JB44, however your adeptness with dialogue and language, and wonderful characters well transcend any such superficial considerations.

Anyway, an interesting start to the story. Lots of possible plot threads as is always the case with your work, with each character having an interesting backstory to tell. But isn’t that the case with real life? Thanks *****

oxynam25oxynam25over 6 years ago
Don't forget about Louisiana

I love most of your stories. This western stuff has been great except for that one really bad cuckold story. That was really weird. Don't move on permanently from your Louisiana scene though! I love all those characters and the way they show up in other stories. It feels like a real place and it always makes me smile to see characters show up from another story I read.

You ended one story really harshly and in another story you gave that character that suffered a fantastic ending. Stuff like that is amazing and I hope you continue to do that after this writers go west ends.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Typical incoherent garbage by jimbob !

Just 1* !!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Terrific!!

A tale rich in characters and depth with multiple possible plot lines. Five Star+

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
SJ

Don't be too hard on SwingerJoe. He's just a little frosty because the only swinging in the Old West was done from a Vigilante 's rope. Read this again and enjoyed it just as much as the first time.

Danno_61455Danno_61455over 5 years ago
TOUGH CHOICES TO MAKE

I am thoroughly engaged by the pace and direction of this story. After compltint I will need to read other stories you have posted.

My tough choice lead refers to which of your wonderful charters is most engaging for mr. Even the restaurant owner was crafted so as to make her an interesting entry. I suppose, now forced to choose just on, I like the future of Jennifer Dumble. She has said so very little while communicating many human needs, Or perhaps married lesbians who fill their needs in secret beyond the husbands bed have always tripped my trigger.

It is a fun read and I look forward to more hairy female characters in heat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not So Much, Moo Tuy

"That night, Moo Tuy demanded to know why the handsome doctor had requested her, over any of the other girls." "They are prettier than you, they are smarter than you, they are not as lazy as you," he taunted."

We also have "huevos rancheros" in San Antonio, just a hop, skip and a jump from the Bayou. Second time reading and just as good this time. Signed: BTW

PapaMikePapaMikeabout 4 years ago
It is not

"deport" when a train or stagecoach leaves a station, it is "depart."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
everybody needs a good bath

I like the way your mind works this story was well thought out I liked it a lot now for part two

WisquejacWisquejacover 3 years ago

Fun and interesting so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
PapaMike: It's not "depart" either.

The verb is "disembark" or possibly "debark." Today it could also be "detrain," but that wasn't in use until the 1880s. Either way, it wasn't about what the train was about to do, but rather about the passenger exiting.

It's a good story anyway. Don't let one verb in one sentence detract from the four pages of interest.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Would have given five stars , but the coal burning whore cost you two .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Oof

One star for mudsharks

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Excellent job!!! 5 stars!!!

blackknight314blackknight314almost 2 years ago

Good job, thanks for sharing your work!

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades2 months ago

I have enjoyed the start of this series. Good Job, Thanks for your writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.