Cupcakes Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yep," Rig puffed out his chest, "I'm good."

Georgia snuggled against him and watched the sun sinking. "I feel like when the sun sets I'm going to have to wake up from this and go back to my real life."

Rig frowned, she was right. She'd have to go to work tomorrow at the very least. He felt something like panic well up at the thought of being separated from her.

"At the risk of sounding crazy and obsessed I don't want to let you go." He kissed the top of her head, drawing in her sweet scent.

She lay in his arms, relaxed and warm, her thoughts drifting. This was so easy, so right. She'd resolved to just go with the flow and let things develop, but the flow was moving really quickly. The thought of being away from him was uncomfortable, made her feel anxious. Was that normal? Healthy? Sane?

Rig felt her tense, heard her heartbeat pick up.

"Tell me what you're thinking Georgia." He coaxed.

She took a long moment before answering, her heartbeat getting faster. Finally she cleared her throat, "I am so out of my element here. I know I've already said this but I barely know you. It shouldn't be so hard to imagine separating myself from you." She shook her head and groaned. "I don't want to be alone tonight, the thought of not falling asleep next to you. . . " Her voice trailed off.

"Then don't," He moved from behind her, shifting them so they were facing each other, "Yes it's crazy and it's fast, but why are we fighting this so hard? We both just admitted we don't want to let go right? Let me keep holding you, let me fall asleep beside you, let me wake up to that beautiful smile." He kissed her suddenly, boyish in his excitement, "I'll make you pancakes for breakfast, or scrambled eggs, or whatever it is you want!"

Georgia laughed as he kissed her face, promising food and snuggles and whatever she might wish for. "Ok, ok!" she attempted to fend him off.

"Ok?" He jumped up, pulling her to her feet, "Your place or mine?"

"Are you kidding?" She choked on an incredulous laugh, "Your family is nice but I can't imagine they'd appreciate you bringing home a woman you just met to stay the night."

"They'd be thrilled but I understand if you aren't comfortable, I'm more than happy to stay at your apartment." He turned his full charm grin on her.

Georgia gave him a doubtful look, "One way or another let's get packed up, it's getting dark out here."

They quickly packed up their picnic, then spent several minutes hunting for Georgia's panties. Rig had no trouble finding them with his heightened sense of smell, but let the hunt drag on as they giggled together over the memory of him flinging them aside. He finally plucked them out of the grass and held them up, smiling and winking as he tucked them into the pocket of his jeans.

Georgia blushed and protested but the way he claimed her panties, like some kind of trophy or prize, gave her an odd thrill of pride.

Rig glanced around as he opened the driver's side door. Jason was still lurking out there, he'd have to go have a chat with him when he got back to the house and warn him off from further peeping.

As they pulled out of the parking area Jason moved back from the treeline where he'd been watching them and shifted. He ran back through the woods, getting home just a couple minutes before Rig's truck pulled up.

Jason watched from his living room window as Rig hopped out and helped Georgia down. It looked like she got a phone call because she waved him on and put her phone to her ear.

He had no idea how this human mate thing worked, but he knew most humans had no idea werewolves were real and found the idea terrifying when confronted with it. The way Georgia so casually interacted with Rig when he'd shifted was a shock. Hadn't they just met? How was she accepting all this so quickly?

Despite the Alpha's assurance that everything was on the up and up Jason couldn't help being suspicious. Rig was up to something, maybe trying to gain rank by pretending to have a human mate? He needed to find out the truth for the good of the pack. Alpha Miller would be grateful for his initiative when he exposed Rig's plot.

First things first he had to find out a little more about this human woman. Was she comfortable with weres in general or was it something her and Rig were scheming? He watched her pace in front of Rig's truck as she spoke on the phone. Now was a perfect opportunity, while she was alone. Jason watched until she hung up, then jogged towards her.

"Hi!" he called, smiling and waving in a friendly manner as he approached. Georgia looked startled but returned his greeting.

"So you're here with Rig eh? Everybody is really excited he finally found you."

Georgia felt her stomach flip, like she was on the edge of a very steep drop. Was she the topic of some kind of town gossip? What were they saying about her?

"Oh, well, I don't really know what to say, I'm sorry." She looked toward the house, willing Rig to come out.

"I'm Jason by the way." He held out his hand.

"Georgia." She hesitated a moment before shaking his hand.

"I must say you seem to be adapting quickly. From what I understand most humans freak out when they find out about us."

She felt an icy chill sweep from her head down to her toes. This wasn't like the kids playing pretend, there was something big and ugly here that she couldn't quite grasp, but her intuition was screaming at her that it was dangerous.

"Uh, find out?" Again glancing at the house, screaming in her mind for Rig to please come out already.

Rig was chatting with his mom as he packed a bag. Zipping it shut he felt a sudden wave of panic and an urgency to get to Georgia.

"Something's wrong." He straightened and moved quickly out of his room.

"RIg? What is it?"

"I don't know but I think Georgia needs me." He sprinted down the stairs as the panic hit him again. His mom trotting after him.

"Yeah, the whole werewolf thing." Jason gestured nonchalantly, "So is he the only wolf you've seen so far?"

Georgia backed up a little, hitting the fender of Rig's truck. She wanted to dismiss this guy as a harmless crackpot but she couldn't stop the panic that had her firmly in its grip.

"I'd be happy to show you mine, give you some perspective. I know the movies like to make it look real dramatic and painful and all that but it's really easy and painless once you get the hang of it." He pulled his shirt off as he spoke, noting with interest the way Georgia was shaking her head and pressing herself against the vehicle at her back.

Rig flew through the house, whatever was happening was freaking Georgia out enough that she was transmitting panic to him even through their tenuous bond. What could be scaring her so badly in his front yard?

He threw the front door open and ran to the driveway just as Jason shimmered and shifted. Everything ground to a halt, moving in slow motion. Georgia screamed, the high pitched, all out scream of someone completely terrified.

Jason froze, the look on Rig's face was pure murder, he knew without a doubt he'd just made a huge mistake. He turned and bolted, praying Rig went to his mate first and gave him a head start.

Georgia turned, blindly and ran, colliding with the passenger side mirror on his truck and falling backwards to the pavement. She landed on her tailbone with an audible crack, then her head hit the pavement and she lay still.

12