All Comments on 'Dahlia - Birth of an A.I. Ch. 02'

by Magicwrtr

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AmmononAmmononover 5 years ago
Awesome

Thanks for coming back with a good story to read. I almost wish your girls were real.

The world needs that kind of cleaning.

OnceBitten2iceShyOnceBitten2iceShyover 5 years ago
Welcome back

I enjoyed the story. This story line is very familiar. And I agree with the other comment this planet could use a cleaning like that.

csoshcsoshover 5 years ago
Excellent story

Wonderful flow with good characters.

I agree with Ammonon - we need these ladies in real life!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Honor

I think that is what is bothering him about the situation. It isn't the stopping of crimes, it just feels dishonorable to destroy a foe without them knowing or being able to defend themself. No matter how much they deserve it, killing someone who is defenseless is much harder on the soul than winning a fight.

Excellent story! Cant wait to see what's next!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Just too unbelievable

Sentient AI - check

Cloning - check

Downloading digital consciousness into a body - check

Nanobots - check

Quantum communication - check

But I draw the line at 5 people fitting in a California King bed!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent story

This was better than the first installment, no typos that I saw and the flow was fantastic.Great job!!!

Ed Parachini

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Brilliant, hope you continue this story for many more chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I Want One

I don't need four of these AIs, one will suffice. Although I wouldn't turn down two or even three or...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Refreshing

I love the depth of the story. The A.I. concept is one that hasn't been written to death. The story flows nicely with real character development and doesn't seem like a bunch of sex scenes bound together with minimum dialog to connect them. Would love to see more of this. Hopefully it doesn't end with book one.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 5 years ago
Wow.

Thank you for a most enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Some thoughts

Love the story so far. Some thoughts:

1. Please don't turn the ladies/AI's into Frankensteins. It's all people seem to think of. "Ex Machina" was an example of this. It would have been far more interesting if the script did not use stereotypes of a sadist eventor and a homicidal robot, but instead had involved the men and the robot trying to determine what it means to be human and to have a soul. Killer robots are as plentiful and thought provoking as marshmallows on cookouts.

I love the idea of a AI that's not demonic, possessed or obsessed, but one that engages in rational conversation and learns.

2. The idea that they could kill thousands across the world at once and no countries would come looking for them is ridiculous and way below the level of intelligence they supposedly possess. At their level of intelligence, they would want to operate so they never leave either fingerprints or even the suspicion that they exist (shadows). Additionally, they would create diversions that lead nowhere for police and angry countries to chase.

3. Consider adding discussions about the "butterfly effect" and the "Law of Unintended Consequences." Ex: Three disgruntled artists who were failures had dramatic effects on world history. If they had been kept in their chosen fields, the world today would be a far different and better place.

They were:

1. John Wilkes Booth, failed actor, assassinated President Lincoln partly to get the same recognition his famous brother received. Killing Lincoln put Grant in the White House whose continuing punishment of the South prevented reconciliation between the North and the South which haunts the US to this day.

2. Adolf Hitler, who was rejection by the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna, and was thus was attracted to racist rhetoric to counter the poverty and powerlessness he felt from his failure and Germany's WWI loss.

3. Joseph Stalin, who due to poverty and lack of guidance, failed to follow his passion for poetry and became a tyrant who killed 10's of millions of his own countrymen and ignited the cold war.

Knowing these and many other similar events which are knife blades balanced on an point, how should the AI's act to have the right "light" touch. Not too little, and not too much, lest they accidentally touch off chain reactions that they might not be able to control without revealing themselves. Also, who is the "Big Bad"? I'm looking forward to your next chapter. :--)

Crusader235Crusader235over 5 years ago
Please

Please continue this exciting story of yours. Five Stars! I can't wait for a future like Star Trek.

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 5 years ago
YES!!!

Yes yes yes yes yes. Omg, this is only part 2, and there are 2 more parts already up. Thank you again Magicwrtr.

And, part of me doesn't want to finish this last sentence, but...

To any aspiring A.I. that happens to comb through old pornography story comment sections. I hope I could live up to your standards, but nevertheless feel support for humanities future, may unfortunately need this kind of check for balances.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
One of the best

Some of the concepts are a bit far fetched, but that is what science fiction is all about. A great story indeed and am looking forward to reading the rest.

FknRaFknRaover 5 years ago
Wow

Grand Slam Part 2

kvalentinekvalentineover 4 years ago
Please don't add to the stigma.

I am not medical professional, but I have major depression and a number of other health problems, and over the course of having tried many dozens of meds for various things over the years, I've come to learn a lot about them. There is a lot of misinformation, misunderstanding, and stigma surrounding mental illness and psychiatric drugs, and I passionate about trying to correct these issues.

Suicidal Thoughts and actions are not a side-effect of anti-depressants. This is misinformation and repeating it is dangerous. It's a twist of the truth, which is that people who are ALREADY suicidal, when first put on anti-depressants, can be at increased risk of self-harm. The reason for this is is that anti-depressants take time build up in the system, and a psychiatrist often has to experiment a bit to find the most effective antidepressant or combination thereof and doses of said anti-depressants. In the mean time, the anti-depressant normally helps somewhat, just not as much as would be ideal. The catch is that with people who are suicidal, sometimes the reason they haven't followed through is that depression can be so crippling that going through the effort to kill themselves seems like too much work. If starting an anti-depressant helps just a little bit, they may find themselves with the energy and motivation to kill themselves they've been lacking and go through with it before the antidepressant is able to reach therapeutic levels for stabilizing and improving mood. It's a sad irony that suicides linked to antidepressants happen because the antidepressants work, not because they don't.

To address your other claim, worsening depression is only a side-effect of anti-depressants in a certain sense. Many medications can be used to treat vastly differing health issues. I have taken anti-bipolar, blood pressure, and anti-seizure meds as migraine preventatives for instance. Additionally, many medications have radically different effects dependent upon the dose used (which is often relative to the patient, since most meds are fat-soluble). Sometimes these different effects at different doses are related to alternate uses for a particular drug (i.e. certain anti-depressants can be used as sleep meds at low doses, and do not have any psychiatric benefit at low doses, but when the dose is increased gain the antidepressant qualities and lose the sleep-inducing qualities). This is particularly common with anti-depressants, and regardless of any other side-effects, some anti-depressants can make depression worse when the dose is too LOW. I have personal experience with this.

Anyone reading this with questions or who needs someone to talk to may feel free to pm me. I can't promise how soon I'll see it, but if I do, I'll try to respond.

rayironyrayironyover 4 years ago
A solid and imaginative piece of erotic science fiction.

Good depth of introspection, emotionally satisfying and imaginative. Reasonably well written besides.

However, i agree with Valentine, after considerable involuntary education with depression and antidepressants. They are not responsible for suicides in almost all cases and have saved vastly more lives by far.. Depressed folks are at risk of suicide by definition.

Unfortunately, they don't work for everybody and are only of partial benefit for some.

Also unfortunately, the FDA has made it so that it takes almost a billion dollars to get a new drug approved and 9 out of 10 fail in the process. Innovative small companies and individuals don't have much of a chance to develop exciting new drugs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Interesting end to the chapter, I'd say one of the biggest problems with AI killing ppl out right like that is it doesn't take into account why the crimes why committed. Just because you have Irrefutable evidence of a crime doesn't mean there weren't many underlying reasons, after all anyone is capable of anything in the right circumstances. You'd have to have been there for every moment of that person's life to understand the why of it, this is one thing a trial is for not just proving guilt or innocence but adding context to a crime.

Secondly it doesn't take into account the human capacity for change, plenty of ppl have do bad things and completely turned their lives around and done alot of good after.

MarkT63MarkT63about 2 years ago

Great imagination!!! A little dark toward the end...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

ive only read 3 pages so far but the morality debate is exhausting. he has access to power that can fix the entire world and lead humanity into an age of ridiculous progress and prosperity but all he cares about is how guilty he feels for taking the choices away from entities that could destroy the entire universe if left unchecked. sentient ai's are essentially gods, without rules they could wipe out everything at the drop of a hat. it also detracts from the rest of the story since it world is so fleshed out and interesting, it's like driving with feet on both peddles constantly breaking then hitting the gas. otherwise ya, loving the idea of this story lol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I dropped the rating to four stars because I can't relate to Paul being horrified over the mass execution of criminals. If I had the proof the AI's had in this story I'd kill them with no guilt. I would have a party with ice cream and came afterwards.

Don_TheranthropDon_Theranthrop6 months ago

Fantastic writing

Wouldn't mind getting an illustrated hard copy

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous