All Comments on 'Damaged Goods'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 139 Comments
GriscomGriscom6 months ago

It seems like Ginny had been engaged in a threesome interruptus when Vince crashed through the wall, not just a regular affair. So I have trouble believing her regret.

jazzharpjazzharp6 months ago

Another good one. I always like your stories, but the change of narrator was unlike you. Still gave it a 5.

InfosaugerInfosauger6 months ago

@Griscom: I believe she didn't know about the threesome. I believe Nolan wanted to warm her up and then let Joe join in the fun.

However, I would like to know, what happened to Ginny, Nolan and Joe.

TajfaTajfa6 months ago

Very good but what happened to Ginny?

She was about to have a threesome. That takes planning so even if he had turned up early it would have happened another time. Why?

Liked it 4 stars.

demanderdemander6 months ago

I liked this one. Sorta bare bones. He's lucky to have found a woman like her. A note: That's a short amount of time for the crime. D

Karn9Karn96 months ago

Great story, love the ending. 5*

johntcookseyjohntcooksey6 months ago

‘We live two lives - the life we learn with, and then the life we live with after that.’ - paraphrased from dialogue in the movie ‘The Natural’ between Roy Hobbs (Robert Redford) and Iris (Glenn Close). A dark story with a hopeful outcome for Vince and Heather. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks

Moonbat74Moonbat746 months ago

Really, really enjoyed this. Funny, dark and touching.

Daggy1965Daggy19656 months ago

Really enjoyed this

Buster2UBuster2U6 months ago

10 big blazing stars for a very heartwarming story. Very well done and realistic. thanks for the effort. Buster2U

Seeker81Seeker816 months ago

Really enjoyed the story. 5

Just_WordsJust_Words6 months ago

5*****! because I can't give it more. That was excellent and a far cry from the usual fare here. Thank you for that. It was a great story written very well.

gatorhermitgatorhermit6 months ago
Too bad Joe wasn’t in the room yet …

The basketball player sure paid a high price - ironic because he likely had lots of opportunities to get laid. Sad but well written story. Five stars.

Slick742Slick7426 months ago

Thanks for a good read. SK742

FD45FD456 months ago

It was a ‘slice of life’ tale that I enjoyed very much.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19696 months ago

Wouid have liked to have known more about who Ashley was with. otherwise good, just needed more words to build out the initial incident and Heather

Regguy69Regguy696 months ago

Nicely done. You write believable dialogue and express emotions well. I have enjoyed your writing for some time, please do another one.

BeBopper99BeBopper996 months ago

5***** Great story! You might have the most unique LW device of using a pick up truck through a wall to break up a cheaters in a motel room. Your husband guy was a good hardworking man who was betrayed and damaged by an entitled bitch. Always avoid the entitled narcissitic bitches as following: actresses, athletes, cheerleaders, beauty queens, models, TV personalities, and so on. They all live on one-person planets. Write On!!!!

BrentJWBrentJW6 months ago

Good, believable story. No plot holes for me, and a good read.

servant111servant1116 months ago

Excellent tale lots of pathos and a good hook. Good read overall

5 stars

ManoBlueManoBlue6 months ago

This was meant to have alternative stories for Ginny, Ashley, the escort and even Dee

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

In the comments section i saw someone request a part 2. Ginny side of the story and what happened to Nolan and Joe.

Calico75Calico756 months ago

Good story. Well written. I was thrown by the change in narrators, but I caught on fairly quickly.

PondLife2023PondLife20236 months ago

Excellent story. Some real justice for the cheaters. Some pretty accurate description of the after effects on the victim of the cheating. Not quite enough hurt on the bitch but we can’t have everything.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Thought provoking and an enjoyable read, well worth 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I couldn't care less about Ginny, Nolan and Joe.

This was a story about Vince's journey. He caught her, he reacted, he jettisoned her, he carried the weight.

That's all that matters.

Ginny could have gone into that motel room with the whole basketball team, it didn't make any difference at that point.

What matters is that she went there, not thinking about Vince at all. On their anniversary no less.

She said she wishes he turned up ten minutes earlier? It was a great thing he didn't. A year cooling your heels is so much better than being shackled to a faithless bitch. The emotional baggage would have been his to carry either way. It wouldn't have stopped Ginny at some later time. Nolan wasn't going to give up if he'd lost the opportunity that day, and she would have gone back soon enough.

It was the best outcome. Punishment for her, life-altering retribution for him, and a journey for Vince that eventually led to love, contentment and family.

Very realistically written. I consider this one of the best I have read here in a long, long time.

Thanks.

As Borat says, "High five!"

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Im sure THAT word is Fuck!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Bare bones, but strikes a chord. No wasted words. I like that.

5/5

silentsoundsilentsound6 months ago

P.S. Ginny just seems tragic as she appears to really love Vince.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A very good and rare btb romance, a real pearl among the tons of flat cucking wives tales. Maybe a little too difficult to believe that after what he did it, he was a free man with almost no time in jail. Anyway, a rare realistic description of how men can react in such cases like a wife betrayal. For this rare good romance btb, even though a very extreme btb, the very well deserved 5 full stars.

sem999sem9996 months ago

One of the best stories I have read on this site.This is how normal man react .

5 stars because can't give more .

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I enjoyed his solution to the problem, although I would've gone for something less spectacular.

You did a good job of making me feel his emotions,

GardenshedGardenshed6 months ago

Very good story, liked the humor and the darkness of Vince being so broken. Plus a happy ending. Thanks for writing. 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

appears that Heather will spend her life walking on eggshells afraid to set him off. Its greatcoat she loves him and does not want lose him but she can't go out with friends alone? Afraid to be seen in any way that HE may read something into it?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The way this ended made it an easy 5 ⭐️

.

A perfect example of how to build a story. Just fantastic!

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

4 stars for a decent BTB story and recovery.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu6 months ago

Nice. Good story.

That stupid MC hit the jackpot in Heather.

That Heather is one true loving wife.

This kind of stories make me feel real good.

It is unfortunate that this is an erotic site. Full of stupid cuck stories.

And no I ain't the romantic type but I do like people who treats fidelity seriously.

Be it on the work place or marriage.

Thank you @moreandmore.

OldGuy1946OldGuy19466 months ago

5 little gold pointy things. Excellent story, well written. Very funny phrasing of the MC's thoughts. Keep up the good work.

.

OG

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Too bad, he trashed his truck to make a point.

l0ver0tical0ver0tica6 months ago

Yeah. Liked this one. 5 stars...

LoneandlevelLoneandlevel6 months ago

I've always enjoyed your stories, loved the inventive plot machines, understated humor and terse style. If you had a weakness it was character development but you got a lot in to this one; I really felt I got to know a little about the MC.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Excellent! Well written and true to life. Loved it!!!

Frank66Frank666 months ago

Realism with a capital R. Very well done, thoroughly enjoyed this story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Don't give very many fives bot, this one deserves it.

inka2222inka22226 months ago

@hindsight - funny, I have the opposite feeling. Wrap up was the best part of the story (aside from the BTB part of course). It was touching and realistic and heartwarming. She got something (or rather someone) valuable and she treasures him even if he's imperfect. That's how real relationships work (those that do). And I'm with @gator - "Too bad Joe wasn’t in the room yet". I hope Ginny's further life is crappy.

inka2222inka22226 months ago

Also, thank you to the author. Easy 5 stars, good job!

RanDog025RanDog0256 months ago

Well written and lived. 5 BIG ASS STARS!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good story. Pretty much summed it up with what was written.

Tomh1966Tomh19666 months ago

Not just awesome. Fucking awesome.

Good follow-up potential here. Maybe something indirect like he averts a friend's wife from cheating or something.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Excellent writing. Good story. Hope you revisit one day and flesh out the ending.

DquiotiDquioti6 months ago

Great story, love the way it reads.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Had a little trouble rating this one. I almost bailed thinking it was going to simply be another divorced misogynistic idiot working out his demons.

I really liked the turn it took. Like others I thought the transition to the formula “happily ever after” ending detracted from the story. That is until I read that part again. It really wasn’t but I thought it was unnecessary. 4*

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

@whackdoodle: LOL. You’re pretty funny. Somehow you see the selfish actions intended to damage a marriage as not worthy of punishment. But when someone gets hurt trying to defend their marriage from those who would do damage to it, that defender is the criminal. Btw, sex is a physical action just like being struck by an air conditioner. Both the basketball adulterer and truck driver will suffer with permanent disability for the rest of their lives. One physical paralysis and the other emotional distrust. Had the basketball player not seduced the wife he would have been able to reach his potential. Had the husband not tried to defend his marriage, he would still have been damaged. The basketball player is the criminal and his narcissism cost him his career. It was just delivered by the husband.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well written.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Even though it was not what I expected from the yellow bird I still liked it

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now6 months ago

Yes!

This was a great story.

I think he should have told Ashley about seeing her with that other dude - so she didn't wonder why he left. It's your world, though - your story, your characters. I was just lucky enough to be invited to the party.

acupacup6 months ago

What was there was excellent, but it felt like a lot was missing between the end of the story and the epilogue.

poopybrodypoopybrody6 months ago

Impressive, very real.

Pinto931Pinto9316 months ago

Good story but I felt there was lots of it missing.

juanviejojuanviejo6 months ago

CINCO ESTRELLAS!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ6 months ago

Very good. Nolan and Ginny got what they deserved. Joe could have used some pain as well. Good that he got his life back with a better woman.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion6 months ago

Loved it. I think all of us can feel Vince's pain. We all may be a little damaged to some degree.

AethurAethur6 months ago

I think I'd utter "God dammit!" or "Mother fucker!" or some version of either/both of those. Enjoyable story. Heather seems like a unicorn, though. Thanks for sharing! 5*

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker6 months ago

Yes sir, like the man said, LOVED IT. SHORT, SWEET, AND HONEST. 7 stars, the Bear approves. More, please, sir.

The BEAR

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc6 months ago

Pretty good stuff! You did a great job creating Vince's psyche in my mind. 4.5*

woodrangewoodrange6 months ago

Best one yet.a friend did something similar.spotting a strange car in his drive, did the checks in house came out got in his truck and pushed car through garage door into LW car and both into swimming pool.now happily devorced

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart6 months ago

4, above average. A good story but felt kinda short. Felt like the author got bored and decided to hurry up through with it by changing the viewpoint character to end in a dozen paragraphs. No dealing with the emotional stuff that had been part of the story or showing Vince and Heather's blossoming love. Wasn't bad, still quite good, but felt like it should have been a longer story.

SatyrDickSatyrDick6 months ago

[27.11.23]

Top Shelf!

11/10!!!!!

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThree6 months ago

Well done.

Another solid from one of our best writers.

Delightfully worked plot.

Both fresh and traditional.

I also thought the word was 'fuck'.

But 'shit' works for me too.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well-written, interesting without wasting words. Quite funny in places too. I enjoyed it, especially the change of narrator at the end which was a very neat way of avoiding a load of stuff about how he controlled his jealousy.

I must say that I have a lot of sympathy with Whackdoodle's comments today. Like so many Lit 'heroes' the MC appears to be a potential danger to himself and anyone he meets. The way he took over the purchase of his wife's car made him appear a real jerk. These 'whiter than white' husbands, who are actually complete pests, litter LW. But the scores confirm that our simple-minded readers can't get enough of 'Disney for dudes' (I just love that expression!)

inka2222inka22226 months ago

Heh, whackdoodle is in her usual role, defending disgusting assholes and assailing honest people and - like most people like that - lying though their teeth to try to make their point.

/

MC explisitly is written to have INTENDED TO SCARE, not to cause injuries. Injuries were just a fortunate karmic outcome. MC committed a small offense from legal standpoint, you don't get "life in prison" for it (funny how stupidoodle's pacifism changes to "put down like a rabid dog" when it suits her). And the whole comment assumes modern misandristic so-called "morality" as a standing point as if it's the only valid one. Guess what, 1 billion Muslims (and for many thousands of years, nearly every human) considered adultery to be worthy of capital punishment, for VERY VERY good reasons. Because (unless you're a brain frozen far leftie), anyone with a brain can see that allowing free adultery, results in a society with a ton of women fucking a few slick good looking guys who are good ad seduction.... guess what happens when 80% of guys on the losing end band together to object? Revolutions are never nice.

ibuguseribuguser6 months ago

Nice one. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Overall good and well done; plausible and believable. Well, except for the whore claiming she didn't know why she wanted to get her brains fucked out by two athletes. Like claiming you don't know why you ordered a double hot fudge sundae.

\

Extra credit for leaving one of the assholes in a wheelchair and the whore with a sore reminder every time she smiles into a mirror. A fallen dove? How about a snake with false teeth?

PowersworderPowersworder6 months ago

It was a good story, but I had mixed feelings about it.

Vince threw away college to support Ginny and their unborn child. It was sad that they lost the baby, and awful that Ginny then rewarded him for his sacrifices by cheating on him... on their anniversary no less.

-

I'm glad he got a happy ending, but it being narrated from Heather's perspective was quite jarring and didn't feel as cathartic as it could have been. I think it would've been better to flesh their romance out a bit more, but keep it all from his point of view.

BSreaderBSreader6 months ago
It

Was interesting

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Wasn't it Eric Burden and the Animals that made that song famous?

muskyboymuskyboy6 months ago

Felt like the wife didn't really have all that much pain when compared to Vince. I would have like a follow up on her in the epilogue.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Story is great, but you need to watch videos of air bags. The inflate and then immediately deflate. It would not trap his face against it for any length of time.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

@Monagamous_Now: Ashley did get MC to upgrade his clothes, but after MC was upfront about his background, Ashley turned up to the date with backup/chaperone even though she had been the one to set the time and place (public place) for the date. She never picked up on MC's reticence with the group discussion. She went on a date with another guy three days later and only called MC about a week after their first double date. Not exactly soulmates - she wasn't upfront about her dating schedule, why bother trying to rescue the tenuous relationship.

26thNC26thNC6 months ago

Great story that makes you really feel Vince’s pain and struggles with his temper. No feelings of sorrow for the basketball star Logan, or the cheating wife. Logan paid the price for seducing a married woman, and will be reminded everyday of what could have been. Cheating bitch received some serious pain and lost her marriage for her stupidity. I’m glad you gave Vince his hard won happy ending with Heather.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good writing

But there was content missing towards the end. Four solid stars.

JPB

oldmanbill69oldmanbill696 months ago

I just added to my favorites!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

"I'm a big girl and can take care of myself." -So do it!

\

"I saw Joe Clark poking his head around. How'd he know you were going to be there?" - Threesome?

\

I don't know why he got upset at seeing her with another guy. They were barely dating, let alone exclusive.

\

No need to switch POV, why not stick with Vince until he meets Heather? If you don't want to get too repetitive, just have him say something like, "For the next few years I moved from town to town until I found myself in New York and met Heather." Finish as here, except from his POV.

\

@demander, I don't know how much it's used in real life, but maybe a potential "temporary insanity" plea encouraged the DA to be generous.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I loved your story. Different, well-written, and easy to follow. Keep coming back with more.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Thank you.

I used to be like Vince many years ago, then I slipped up and tied the knot.

34 years later I had enough, and ditched the lady dog.

I still chuck rocks at my feces for wasting all those years, but better days are coming, for sure.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Gets bonus points for bot going for the usual trope of MC finding his sweetheart right away. This kind of betrayal takes time to put behind, many writers miss that. The Ashley thing was very realistic for someone like that trying to go back to the dating game. What was extremely unrealistic, was thinking driving a truck onto anything is a legit choice under any circumstance. Only a braindead person would do that and he is not written like that.

ttt59ttt596 months ago

Reminds me of Garth Brooks song, "Mama's in the grave yard, papa's in the pen!"

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

I guess it worked out for him in the end!

5

RePhilRePhil6 months ago

That one was very heartfelt. Thanks for going for reason rather than rancour. 5&Fav. As usual for your writing.

Chimo1961Chimo19616 months ago

Do we ever really heal?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I Liked this story because it sounded REAL Life.

Words and Language not of the upper class; they seemed vaguely familiar.

I was one year out of Radar Technician military course now at my first Duty station.

The young lady I had given an engagement ring to six months prior Invited me to

not see her any more; backed up by a near insane hulk boy friend.

I had very little interest in civilian incarceration; OH YES - I wanted to killed his neanderthal ass, I was capable of that; Somehow I made out like a bandit though sick (depressed) for two months.

Insane Hulk Boy Friend few years later was shot dead by the police for banishing a pistol while trying to steal another car off his uncles car lot. "Uncle" was part of the "East Side"

KCMO I would like to add my name here but know better.

tralan69ertralan69er6 months ago

@Anonymous

RE: "I'm a big girl and can take care of myself."

You have the brain of a nitpicker, not a trait worth a nit pick.

You sound like someone else around here with the same trait.

tralan69ertralan69er6 months ago

Thank you moreandmore a very good story as usual from you. 5 *****

usaretusaret6 months ago

I liked it, smacks of reality.

dgfergiedgfergie6 months ago

Simple, starlight to the point story. Vince was a good guy and not into sharing. I think most guys are like that. Obviously his actions were a bit extreme but I can understand them. It's sort of like that Eagles song where the sings about knowing what woman can do to a man's soul. I've had the experience a woman can really screw man up and I ain't talking sex. 5 stars

Schwanze1Schwanze16 months ago

Reminds me:

Papa Loved Mama

"He never hit the brakes and he was shifting gears"

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...