All Comments on 'Dark Handsome - Conclusion'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 125 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow!

Story of the year candidate, here. This is as good or better than any story on the site. Top marks

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great finish to a great story.

Five stars. More if I could.

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
My second dog, that I had as a teen then into college, was that EXACT mix.

Farmer family friend of ours had a male Boxer. The neighboring farm had a purebred champion Black Lab bitch that they were going to breed with.a male purebred champion Black Lab. Boxer got loose, ran over to the neighbors, found a bitch in heat, and did his thing.

Boy were the neighbors mad ! Dumped the whole litter of pups on our family friend’s porch (they were weaned properly, they were mad not cruel).

My dog was all black and appeared at first glance to be a “Lab” until you looked close. She was all black with short coarse fur (like some Boxers), and face looked like a lab. Sized between a Boxer and Lab. I think most of her life she was about 35lbs. Maybe 40lbs. Man, I miss that dog.

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
Oh ya. Forgot.

Awesome story as usual. Thanks.

And set in Califoria no less. Not all over the south-east US.

That drive from LA to Washington is LOOoong. Not sure they could make ir in one day.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
Q is the man!

That says it all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Brilliant.

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonover 5 years ago
Amazing!

Such a great story. I absolutely love the way you flesh out your characters so much and so thoughtfully that they feel incredibly real. Thanks for putting a smile on my face! You ARE the man!

PairadoxPairadoxover 5 years ago
Exceptional...

...as usual. Excellent conclusion, wrapped up all the threads that remained dangling. While I always enjoy your writings, the added benefits of the editing seemed to shine through.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
Nice and dangerous fun!

Except for the rape and murder.

Hollywood is definitely rancid and your depiction was scary as well as close to the truth.

Really enjoyed your characters and story!

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
Congrats...

on another great story. It's a pleasure to read your work.

john1946john1946over 5 years ago
Just WOW

All your stuff is fun to read, but this was “over the top” great. Great plot, action, a believable love story. Wonderful job. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Brilliant. Thanks for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Loved it

5*

boatbummboatbummover 5 years ago
Another Superb Outing!

And already claiming it's well-earned top ten spot in the Romance Hall of Fame!

Thanks so much for another delightful tale, Q, and many thanks to Randi for the editing!

BigGuy33BigGuy33over 5 years ago
Spec...

...tacular!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Another....

Great story by a great author! I think I will go back and read Stumpy and Olive for a much needed comedic break after this thrilling and shocking story about Hollywood and it's darker side. Story was great and I enjoyed the characters you brought to life. Thanks and have a great day!

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 5 years ago
One of the best *****

Awesome story - thank you!

KRD19254KRD19254over 5 years ago

Q, all that can be said is YOU are the Master. 6*

mopar_guymopar_guyover 5 years ago
Bullshit

I am a six foot tall man. That is seventy-two inches. My pants have a thirty-four inch inseam. If someone shoved a thirty-six inch baseball bat up me it would touch the inside of my skull. Just saying.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
Q's brilliance on display.

You tell a story like no other, my friend. Top marks from me, and thank you for the delightful tale. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
......

THIS IS FUCKING GREAT

GrimmerGrimmerover 5 years ago
5

Damn skippy! Seriously one of the better tales I've read.

dummy2069dummy2069over 5 years ago
Just WOW!

Nuff said.

IrfonIrfonover 5 years ago
Yet another....

....one of qhml1's - 5 star stories !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story! Entertaining in all the right ways.

Just one little complaint. Isn't a "familiar" the witch's animal sidekick? In Bell Book and Candle it was Kim Novak's cat.

The story was interesting and hyper-real in the way that really involving fiction is. Every story needs a whore with a heart of gold as well as a Prince Charming and a Princess. The subject matter was very timely, ripped from the headlines. And we all love a happy ending!

R.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: Familiar

My knowledge is very much on the beginner level, and I may be corrected, but in Vodou (VooDoo) a "familiar" is a spirit that resides in what is commonly called a "VooDoo doll."

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
GREAT STORY

Yes, I meant the all caps. Fantastic story, well edited. My only gripe was a minor detail, no farm that small that isn't raising massive crops is self sustaining. I was raised on a small farm, I know.

detroitdave

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
6 stars

one of your best damn good story how about some more Rocky Raccoon please

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thank you

Great story. Thanks for another late night!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ending Rocky

The comment below reminded me about the time I had "Rocky Raccoon" and I couldn't figure out why that irked me! So I re-read the 2-part story again and found ... you haven;t finished it and it is another of your block-buster greats. every bit as good as this 5* wonder.

So.... Will you please find time and put us 'Rocky' fans minds at rest?

VBR

19pvc44

GHreaderGHreaderover 5 years ago
This one was hard to put down...

Until I had finished both sections.

I know when I see a new story by qhml1, it will be well worth the read.

Thank you for sharing.

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyover 5 years ago
A really nice read

I have to admit that it started out like just another gumshoe story and although I'm a bit of a sucker for them I found some of the set up to be a little cliché. I soon got totally sucked in though and I loved it, reading both parts in one sitting, however late it ended up being. The characters seemed a little flat but very likeable and the pacing kept the story interesting and just unpredictable enough to keep me guessing.

I have to admit that your writing always seems to please me, with some lovely use of language seeded throughout. I particularly loved this sentence "...We were lying in her bed after another exhausting round of lovemaking, which paradoxically I didn't think I would ever get tired of, when she offered a suggestion...", as it was such a nice turn of phrase about just relaxing. It expressed everything about the scene without going into a lot of detail and even hints at the characters personality, state of mind and emotions. It's such a neat, poetic and efficient sentence, and it wasn't alone in the tale, which shows the talent you have.

I thought you talked about future events and events your protagonist wasn't privy to a little too casually though, while still remaining with present events, and this did distract a little while I was trying to figure out where the story was going. I would suggest in the future that if you're telling a story from the perspective of your protagonist then events should be recounted in the same way. Perhaps write something like "...Tom later told me that..." or "...We would later find out that...", so that it could be read as narration. Writing down events that haven't happened or that the main character wasn't present for as if he was confuses the issues and will put the reader on edge trying to get a handle on things. But that's just my opinion of course.

I only spotted a couple of errors where it seemed minor words were missed out and there were a couple of run on sentences that I think were far too long personally, although they still worked fine. But that was the extent of any mistakes I took notice of so take it from someone that's very anal about these things, I mean it as a genuine compliment.

In conclusion it's a great story and I look forward to reading more by you. Definitely 5 stars.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 5 years ago
Great stuff, well done.

Thanks Q, for another great story and a couple of hours of pure enjoyment. Thanks for posting.

arrowglassarrowglassover 5 years ago
Totally awesome story!

I like the way you write...and sure enjoyed this tale! Thanks for sharing your talent!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

What a great story. Thank you.

gentleman_princegentleman_princeover 5 years ago
BDSM

I loved this story as I have all of yours that I have read so far. I have only one complaint. When you described the movie on the thumb drives you mentioned BDSM and intimated that what was shown was from that genre. The motto of the BDSM community is "safe, sane and consensual." What was shown wasn't bdsm; it was snuff porn. I and any members of the BDSM community who read this story would appreciate it if you would remove that reference. The community gets enough bad press without being associated with murder. If you would like more information about BDSM, I recommend the site fetlife.com. Other than this, I love your stories and look forward to new ones.

I would be happy to tell you more about BDSM. Feel free to contact me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Damned good story

I really enjoyed this one.

You have a good feeling for rhythm and speaking; It just flows off the screen.

Thank You

73

HP

NicealloverNicealloverover 5 years ago
Feel good story

Like. A comic book but aa bit too predictable! Everything is perfect for the hero!

SonofCalliciousSonofCalliciousover 5 years ago
Well done, again.

Predictable? In some areas, yeah. All in all, a good tale and I rated it a 5.

I hope Randi keeps her pins handy if that is what it takes to get you to use an editor. Huge improvement in the readability of your stories. Thanks for an enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow what a love story!

I may have read this before or a similar one! Well written with enough but not too much sex. More Please

LA Cajun Guy

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Another great story

I go on this website looking for great stories and your stories have always been some of the best. Your characters always stand out. I love other writers also and, as you can tell from my moniker, I'm still looking for DQS1

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 5 years ago
I Thoughly enjoyed this story and perspectives

I throughly enjoy reading your stories and the entertainment. You always have an interesting perspective that makes me think. Yes I have been in few adult strip / dance establishment and the women are there for a variety of reasons. Just as you portrayed in this story I found in my younger days to be true (haven’t been into such places in 20 years - so yes I am old but also married and children so no time or desire). I had some interesting conversations with dancers when not real busy or they just wanted to talk. One of the hottest woman I recall wasn’t on stage but a waitress and she pulled many an eye from the stage and made really good tips - never had a chance to talk to her but she was always busy the two occasions I visited that establishment.

I have you in my favorite authors so always good to check your authors to see what you missed that they have written - I just caught this gem of a two part story because I checked. Really appreciate you writing and sharing your storytelling talent.

Please keep writing and I will keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Loved It

A little expanded, could have been a regular mystery/thriller. 5*s.

DogFuzzDogFuzzabout 5 years ago
Oh Yeah!

You touched all the bases. Good guys, bad guys, mystery, suspense, love, friendship and loyality. All together with a well delivered story line. Thanks for sharing. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Fantastic! !!!!

Great job. Some of your best work! !!

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
He knew they were into shit and didn't screen memory immediately! ?

Not a good guy knew shit and didn't do immediately federal not local already knew a lot of cops and other people involved

Head slut tried to proposition him had proof burn her immediately

Know it story but he waffles too much

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
LA to Washington drive.

You can fly from LA to Washington in an afternoon, but driving takes the better part of two days. Otherwise as always loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good story

Interesting plot and well developed characters. Disappointed to find that after two editors it still had at least 18 errors and 2 incorrect names used. 4 stars but it deserved 5*.

penneydog55penneydog55over 4 years ago
Wowee!

You Nailed it! Brilliant, Fantastic and a great read on a cold wet night!.5 Stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

rayironyrayironyabout 4 years ago
Another compelling story. Thanks!

Pretty good editing too...

Grin, Randi's "awesome"

in the newer sense of the word.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great Read

Regardless of what the detail nit-pickers wrote, it is a great story. I sometimes notice some details that are confusing, but unless it is critical to the plot, I ignore it. 5*

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Awesome!!!

I really enjoyed this story. I've often wondered why more LW authors don't incorporate ex- porn stars into their stories. I for one would read them!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
an0n...

Jeez , dontcha just luv a HAPPY ENDING ????

🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 ......

RanDog025RanDog025over 3 years ago
OUTDID HIMSELF AGAIN!

10 STARS! lol WHAT A GREAT AUTHOR!

Red8_2PlayRed8_2Playover 3 years ago
What's not to love!

Thank you for sharing with us amazing stories.

You add just enough spicy scenes and mix a bit of mistery to make it a page turner.

5 stars all the way!

Please keep posting, I'm definitely a fan.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

Another fun and well written story. Love, sex, mystery, bad guys, good guys and a happt ending what more could you ask for?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Read this again but rating already 5* probably from me. Great Love Story!

Wow again! I would like to meet Jasmine and Sharon! Dark Handsome a great guy to admire as a real man! Great story! Need more!

Baton Rouge Cajun Guy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Working my way through your writing and love it

I've been reading sexy stuff on this site for at least a decade, got a dead bedroom, so I love literotica. It has helped.

I discovered the romance stories and holy shit, there is some fantastic writing there. For me, at least, it is just not about the sex, it is about the stories and holy moly do you deliver. I'm semi disabled so I read a lot, stories like yours keep me alive. Well done and please, please, please write more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
again, mostly fluff...

sorry.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 3 years ago

Excellent series. Very much enjoyable. Thank-you

alexetlaurealexetlaureabout 3 years ago

Excellent ...very nice story

StubbyoneStubbyoneabout 3 years ago

This was a wonderful story, full of excitement with great characters. It evoked lots of emotion. Who doesn't like retribution for the bad guys and a happy ending. One of my very favorites. An easy 5-😊😊😊😊😊

AFoolRushesInAFoolRushesInalmost 3 years ago

Damn that's good. Branch the stories, we want more.

wish_thinkerwish_thinkeralmost 3 years ago

This should be sold on Amazon

RRC2RRC2almost 3 years ago

Simply incredible.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very well done.

Not many stories that have detracting faults l but this is one.

Bill

campomancampomanover 2 years ago

Q you tell a great yarn. Loved it!

James_DuncanJames_Duncanover 2 years ago

Damn good story, damn good, although I am a sucker for poetic justice for bad people as well as a good love story, combine the two and you got a winner as far as I'm concerned.

linnearlinnearover 2 years ago

Nice ending. I'm glad the bad guys got caught, I suspected what was one flash drive when said in the first part that one girl disappeared.

pug_of_crydeepug_of_crydeeover 2 years ago

The biggest shame is the ending where the woman that he tried to protect and (at least temporarily) lost his career over, tries to manipulate him, instead of at least fondly remembering someone that came to her defense. Still worth 5 stars, though.

marvinedwardmarvinedwardover 2 years ago

I love your stories. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story but the last few paragraphs left me thinking that qhml1 was getting bored and wanted to wrap it up.

Mike the Irishman 🍀

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I had begun this a couple times but just couldn't get into it. I finally just trusted Q and did finish the tale. It may not be my favorite of his stories but I'm still glad I read it. Thank you Q.

somewhere east of Omaha

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

Very, very enjoyable. Thank you for writing the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another great one, 5*

Horseman68Horseman68over 2 years ago
More Super.

Great read from great writer.

Old_LionOld_Lionover 2 years ago

DAMN! You got me! I honestly thought you were going to make it Dark & Sad with "Sharon" being the murderer. A revenge murder, perhaps "An eye for an eye" I'm glad I was wrong!!

No1_OfConsequenceNo1_OfConsequenceover 2 years ago

Very well written story, I enjoyed it immensely.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The previous part was much better. This one ended just a bit too sweet IMHO.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Outstanding. I can't say anything else about this story. Just Outstanding! Five very bright Stars.

TassieTykeTassieTykeabout 2 years ago

Another 5, very enjoyable.

BabalooieBabalooieabout 2 years ago

What can I say? This is great stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A Spectacular story. Needs More smashing by both couples.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really fun! Thanks!!

dawg997dawg997almost 2 years ago

I liked it a lot! Great story, good characters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A masterpiece at all levels, including decency, morals and solid advice. Good to know that there are still some extraordinarily good guys.

Hi Randi! If you read your own reviews, you'll see my initials. Thank you for helping as editor. It makes a much more pleasant reading

Two 5* ratings, back to back.

BJ

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersalmost 2 years ago

As has been said, great story, great morals, just wish it would happen for real.

Runner4069Runner4069almost 2 years ago

Definitely one of your best work IMO, and I've read a large chunk of them so far!

Oseafe090Oseafe090almost 2 years ago

You're one of my favourite authors. Big fan. You should really get published. As in real books. With the kind of quality you have, I'd buy your books! I think you're wasted here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story telling. Great plot building (mostly). Great romance.

Sometimes it touches me as a tad hypocritical, the male protagonists watching their women pole dancing from the 'good guys' perspective. Pole dancing is a very exhausting activity aimed at pleasing spectators looking through the male gaze exclusively. Slightly degrading, and very unfriendly, towards the female half of our species. But that may be just me..

A small detail: 600k (6000 hundred dollar bills) make a single stack of 3 feet, at most. So the stack in the vault, measuring 3x3x4 feet (two thirds of the six ft heignt) would add up to 60 such stacks easily. Plus the extra foot, that would be over 5 million bucks, at the very least! Sounds like a one order of magnitude mistake. Just sayin.

Tx for your fantastic contribs to Lit!!

BrasskittyBrasskittyover 1 year ago

Please continue with storys like this one. Thanks for creating, developing and writeing.

missouridocmissouridocover 1 year ago

Excellent story! More, more!

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

Nice story. Very well told.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Dark Handsome Previous Part
Dark Handsome Series Info

SIMILAR Stories