All Comments on 'Dawn over Sun Valley Ch. 04'

by small_town_girl

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Wonderful....just wonderful

Such a sweet romance. Pushes every romance button in the perfect way. I can't wait for the next installment in this story. I am holding my breath hoping it's all works out for these two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Very enjoyable romance. Perfectly written for this category.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
loving it

keep it going

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Oh yes. Keep it coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Dear gods

Keep this story going. I particularly liked the references to one of my favorite movies. Nice way to incorporate it in to this tale and provide an avenue to allow Leanne to start questioning everything she thinks she knows about relationships.

PeperePepereover 8 years ago
Misplaced Guilt

She has to stop taking responsibility for her father's actions and really get into Joe, lock, stock & barrel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very Good

Very good story, well written, my kind of story. Just worried as to why she came there to work and what Joe will do when he finds out who she is and why she hid the fact. Again; great story. I love the characters.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 8 years ago
STG and her magic

STG loves to interweave some tension and future angst into a story and this is no execption. Drama, hawt secks, what more could we ask for....the next chapter maybe :-))

mysteryman196mysteryman196over 8 years ago
My opinion? Well this.....,

sucked! LOL. I'm most definitely kidding! So many complications with the budding relationship between Leanne & Joe. The buildup to the obvious conflict between the two protagonists still seems to be quite a distance away. Will Leanne start "snapping" at Joe because of the place she's let herself in, realizing that this really shouldn't be? Where is Leanne's feeling of guilt and responsibility in what her father did coming from? Only 2 weeks left in November, so the end is in sight. Keep them coming, Annie. 5 stars from me.

FloribundaFloribundaover 8 years ago
Rapture!

initially your chapter made me think Rapture by Blondie, especially when they went dancing together... and I just loved it!

But then you brought up The Princess Bride yourself...possibly one of my most favourite ever books, and I lost the love....

I'm not sure why... sorry.

I;m sure that with the next chapter I will be loving it as much as ever!!! xxxx

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
S_T_G is now an accomplished romance author!

Keep up the good work S_T_G.

You have found the proper venue for your stories.

You seem to be a master at weaving a tale that keeps the readers amazed, but also wondering what will happen next.

Please don't stop writing in this venue just because the contest is over.

You have "captured" a large bunch of Lit readers with this story, and we are going to expect some more great romance stories from you in the future.

Nice job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Lover it

I would desire there was an optionnel 6th star!

A frenchy from Montréal

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlover 8 years agoAuthor
...

@kjohns2001 - thanks! ...and, careful. Sh*t is about to hit the fan!

@Anons - thank you all! could i beg for you to create a member name and post your comments under it so that it's easier to have a conversation? please...? :)

@Pepere - your comment made me realize i must not have done a very good job explaining why Leanne is doing what she's doing. i will strive to fix that in the next chapter.

in short: she's not feeling guilty about what her father did, but she expects Joe to hate her for being Bill's daughter - or if not 'hate' her exactly, still refuse to continue a relationship with her, which i believe is a reasonable assumption. (would you be willing to be in a relationship with the son/daughter of your mother's killer? would most people you know be open to that?)

she had agreed to help her father because she felt it was the right thing to do; she hadn't expected the complication of falling for his victim's son.

thank you again for pointing this out!

@MJ - i'm working on it! and thank you :) xoxo

@Mysteryman196 - gosh, you almost gave me a heart attack! LOL

yes, things are going to get dicey in an epic way, if i do say so myself :)

we can't have it all be sweet honey and roses, now, can we?

@Floribunda - yikes! i knew it was tricky, referencing such a pop-culture icon. people have such strong feelings about those, and it's easy to miss the mark, at least with some. i'm sorry i did with you in this case :(

the reason i wanted it in so much was that i wanted them to start talking about the L word without talking about the L word, and this was one (cute, i thought) way to do it. in all honesty i didn't think about it until after i'd written the first-time scene when he says 'as you wish' for the first time. confession: my husband sometimes uses this phrase with me... since we're both such huge fans of the movie. so it kinda slipped in there, and then it stuck in my mind and i went - A-HA! he could mean 'i love you' with that, like Westley! now, if only i could get Leanne to understand that... and from there, the road to the movie-watching scene was short :)

thank you for sticking with me even when this specific scene chafed. i appreciate it!

@Anon 'S_T_G is an accomplished romance author' - ahem. i wouldn't say that quite yet. but i will say i'm enjoying this genre very much so far! thank you for the kind words :)

@Anon 'frenchy from Montreal' - merci! :D

senilissenilisover 8 years ago
Perspective from an Old Codger

I never thought about reading a romance story here at Lit would capture my attention. I was browsing around the various categories, looking for something different when I happen to catch the title and rating on this story. STG, you just knocked a very old fart out of his chair with this story. And here I thought romance writing went out with the Walkman. Your story and writing style has changed my whole perspective of true romance writing style. I recognize that there is only so much a writer can perpetuate in a story line, but this old codger can only hope there will be many more chapters. Five Stars!!!

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 8 years ago

"

"Um, you - you said you'd quiz me on it." She was going to faint. Or catch fire.

"

then

"

she realized he was doing this on purpose; was trying to ease her into it. Her heart swelled. She met Joe's eyes boldly, and spread her legs wide.

"Prepare to be amazed, cowboy."

"

I grinned so big at these words - you've captured her sexy innocence in so many ways, and lines likes these just make me happy to be reading your tale :)

The Princess Bride? And they role played it? Really? You're sucking me in, you know, I'm totally lost in these two. (so much happy smiles)

dammit... he's gonna take it HARD - 'As you wish'? Well hell he's proclaiming his love and she's already dodging. While he is the experienced one, it would suck for him to be so love-struck that he doesn't see the signs :/

Loving this story!

Jason

DahliaWitchDahliaWitchover 8 years ago
Actually

I absolutely loved the reference to The Princess Bride. Anything related to that always makes me smile.

establishedestablishedover 8 years ago
Excellent writing!

I echo the thoughts expressed by others. I usually have become bored with some of the stories, but this is so well written, it keeps me from sleeping until I have finished the chapter. Well done!

winterreisserwinterreisserover 8 years ago
Killer. .. . I think not!@

The fact that her father, driving in a drunken state, killed Joe's mother does not make him a kiler by definition which would have to be with intent which hardly seems the case here.

Twenty years on seems a rather extreme case of visiting the sins of the father onto the child!!! Surely Leanne is in this case is assuming a whole load of guilt by association? OK it's a story so it is acceptable I suppose to create this mental problem for the character Leanne and did she not come to this particular Farm by chance and not by design?

As I remarked it is a story and one has to have sympathy for the poor struggling Author!

swrdswrdover 8 years ago
perfect

loved the erotic sex scene and the Princess Bride reference is a lot to look forward for!

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Great!

Wow!

Incredible this story!

I have seen the movie "The Princess Bride" many times and I love it. Apart from the romance story, I really like the phrase "Hello, my name is Iñigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die". I do not know if in the original version it was the same name of the character and if they were the same words, many times, with the translation they change the words too much.

I'm going to continue reading this great story.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet, and forever), is not my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Even if you hadn’t given us the “Princess Bride” reference I’d have voted 5 ⭐️, so that’s a 10 then!

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4uabout 1 year ago

In your introduction, you mentioned this was a genre you hadn't written before and not sure how it would go. I'm usually a reader of intrigue and action, as well as the erotica on here. And here I am binge reading this because you have the elements right, setting, intrigue, humour, 2 great characters. Not to mention heating up the bedroom, by the pond with their sexuality. A good book is hard to put down, Anne, you have achieved that status for me. Cheers, Andy

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClass7 months ago

When male and female personalities align, sparks are possible. In this case, not only do we have sparks, but a roaring flame. Then you go and include Princess Bride in the mix. Joe and Leanne have a monster conflagration approaching. Love the story and love the writing. Moving on to the next chapter.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous