Decisions

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,722 Followers

"It's Bill, he fell off the roof and fell five stories to the ground. They took him to the hospital but the EMT's said he probably wouldn't make it. He was unconscious when they took him."

"Oh my God! Maybe I should go to the hospital and be with Judy. Are you ok?" I asked.

"I'm fine, but I saw him slip on the shingles and fall. He would never wear the protective rope, like he was suppose to. He'd been warned about it before, but he rarely followed the safety rules. He thought he was too macho."

"Who else was there on the roof at the time?" I asked.

"Ted and some other guy had just left the roof to bring up some supplies. It was just Bill and I on the roof. I was the only witness to his fall. I explained it to the company's safety people and the police. They asked what I was doing there, since there was no electrical work to do on the roof. I told them Bill was an old friend and I had brought him up the safety rope and gear but he wouldn't take it."

****

Epilogue:

I played the good friend and sat by Judy's side at the funeral. She thanked us for being there for her, in her time of need. She has since moved on with her life.

Jim and I don't talk about Bill's death or the revenge statement that I had made. He never asks me if it's over. All I know is, it's one secret I will carry to my grave. Recently we got a surprise and I'm pregnant with our second child. I decided to be a stay at home wife and mother.

For us, life is good. I do have to wonder if Jim had anything to do with Bill's fall. It's just that one night he was playing with Sarah and hugging her. He smiled at her and I heard him say that nobody would ever hurt his family again.

I'm sure he didn't know, I was standing in the kitchen and could hear him at the time.

*

Thank you for reading my story.

Comments are welcome and appreciated.

DG Hear

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,722 Followers