All Comments on 'Deployment Pt. 03'

by javmor79

Sort by:
  • 234 Comments
DragonFistingDragonFistingalmost 10 years ago
Good ending

4.5 star for the story, but rounded it up to a five. At least 2 of the 3 did try to rekindle the relationship. Sometimes the grass isn't greener.

DragonFistingDragonFistingalmost 10 years ago
Weird part of my post got cut.

What I meant to type was that out of 4 service friends that I had, three ended in divorce. Two tried to get back together with my service friends. What they really had was a fling, and when it burned out, they realize that them and their fling, are not compatible. One tried to pass off the child as my service friend, but the paternity test proved otherwise.

CreeperclawCreeperclawalmost 10 years ago
I LIKE IT

Wonderful conclusion. Everybody goes home happy and I got to see some bitter remorse from the cheating ex and a great deal of pride from Jason. I'm only sad Mr. Mike didn't get a beating... oh that would have been so sweet.

kdcee79kdcee79almost 10 years ago
Really good story

You've done an excellent job with this story over the 3 chapters, highlighting some of the extreme difficulties married servicemen, women & their spouses can face when separated by overseas duty. I'm not sure about American services but I know in my country there are many service & civilian organisations that will help the remaining spouse overcome many of the problems shown up in this tale. I wonder if available why Alicia & Jason did not approach the Naval base chaplain, before the deployment started, to see if he could arrange something to help & support her while Jace was away, especially when the deployment was extended twice. Great. 5*****

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Excellent

Great finish. He knew there could be no more romance with her and stuck to his guns, no matter how much she tried to get him back.

Just one point I want to mention. How come the ex-wife always winds up with a wealthy new husband in the end? Something I've noticed in a few tales.

It takes nothing away from the ending, however.

Five Stars Plus

DragonFistingDragonFistingalmost 10 years ago
betrayedbylove

Survey says that woman value security and resource in a man. They are genetically made to find the best resource for their children and themselves. Not everyone is hardwired that way, and some can beat that part of their genetics. Just like some men don't cheat, because they are afraid of what they will lose.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
@DragonFisting

I see your point but you're thinking way too much. Many authors use this theme when they aren't portraying the ex-wife in a despicable way. If she a low-life she winds up alone and diseased. Just something I've noticed.

By the way, cool name.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Loved it

A great ending. Five stars.

javmor79javmor79almost 10 years agoAuthor
Apologies and thanks

I wanted to apologize to the people who were waiting for this final chapter. As I explained, I got busy at work. Making a ton of money and getting a promotion trumped finishing a story for Lit. Not that you guys aren't important, but making money always wins. LOL

I also wanted to apologize for mis-titling this story. It was supposed to be Deployment pt 3. I hope that I didn't cause any confusion with that.

I want to thank all of you for reading my story. I will read all comments and emails now that things are settling down.

There is one comment that I did get to read that I feel obligated to respond to. Someone said that a year long deployment was not realistic. I wanted to say that the Mount Vernon was the name of my ship, the year long deployment happened to me TWICE in my time on the ship, and the satellite phone scenario was what I did to keep in touch with my wife (on my second cruise). The infidelity was fiction (to my knowledge), but the daughter situation was a recurring nightmare that I had when I was underway for so long. I always use bits of real life when making up a story. I'm not a person that can create a new universe and get you to believe it (like Star Wars). My imagination isn't that big. I just wanted to clear that up. Thanks you all.

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
Well ended...

I said in the first part that the marriage was over...To save their daughter from all that caos was the best thing and the only thing to be done...

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 10 years ago
Not bad

but overall, nowhere near as strong as the other stories by this author. Perhaps because of the pressure of time?

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Five Stars

I was really conflicted here.

Part of me likes a happy ending (which we DID get), and sort of hoped they'd get back together.

Another part wanted him to punch Mike's lights out.

Still another part wanted to slap her silly. She cheats on him, tells him she's going to divorce him to be with Mike, then after he goes through years of hell casually informs him that he was supposed to FIGHT for her? Wht didn't SHE fight for THEM?

I'm glad he got happiness, frankly I would have liked the ending better if she ended up lonely and alone.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Ammendment

I just re-read first two parts, and see that my recollection was wrong, that she didn't ask for the divorce, and DID ask him to fight for them.

BUT...

She CHEATED on him!

That alone is bad enough, but she blames HIM for not being there, like it was his fault!

And she let the other man into their daughter's life! That's a HUGE No-No! Even if you are divorced, you NEVER bring your new partner into you child's life until you get serious, and she WASN'T divorced.

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
DEPLOYMENT DOESNT LAST FOREVER

aftermaths tend to linger on and on. TK U MLJ LV NV

grogers7grogers7almost 10 years ago
your best work so far

Perhaps, too real for the fiction that many are looking for. Looking forward to more of your stories.

nonethewisernonethewiseralmost 10 years ago
Good ending - but I still wanted revenge

I gave it 5 stars because its well written, little extraneous stuff and Jason held his own. But I still would have liked to see revenge on Mr. Mike.

PearDrop3PearDrop3almost 10 years ago
5* Well Written

However, like most other comments, I would like to have read that "Mr Mike" got decapitated or worse. Other readers have commented that Jason's wife should have ended up all alone, well, she did in a way. She lost Jason, "Mr Mike" and Jason only remained as a friend, (not a friend with benefits), because of their daughter. In fact, the only real friend she was left with was her daughter, and she's getting married.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 10 years ago
Average characters. Great tale!

Hubby stuck to his guns, no matter how much his self-respect took a nosedive. He still had the presence of mind to NOT take Wifey back after she sabotaged her relationship with Mr. Asshole. I still don't get why she wanted Hubby to "fight" for her. I loved how he explained it to her in this paragraph, though:

"BULLSHIT! You gave me some sanctimonious speech about accepting that dipshit as a part of your life and not making an ass of myself. YOU CHOSE HIM! You chose him over me the moment you opened your legs!"

When she did that, there was no more marriage to "fight for". Wifey was your garden variety self-centered sociopath who wanted to have her cake and eat it too, and who delivered ultimatums to the man she supposedly loved. Only a man with no self-respect whatsoever would have fought for a marriage like that.

My only complaint: Mr. Asshole deserved some comeuppance, even if it was just karmic. The sack of shit actively worked his way into Wifey's bed and Daughter's heart, knowing full well that her Hubby was overseas serving his country. He acted like a predator, not giving a shit that she was married. Predatory scum like him deserve some form of payback, and no; the "broken heart" he "suffered" when Wifey didn't accept his marriage proposal doesn't count. What's to stop him from trying with another military wife while her Hubby is deployed overseas? The next one might just come home early and beat the living shit out of the sonuvabitch.

Still 5 Solid Stars.

VanadornVanadornalmost 10 years ago

Good job - glad to see it finished. :)

-V

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
it was good

I think they should get back together and fall back in love before they a daughter gets marry so they can be one big happy family again and get back at Mr Mike

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Much better now that it's finished

There's a huge difference between the story as it sits now, and the story we were left with after part 2 concluded. We know Jace better - as a strong, resolved man. And, it doesn't hurt that Alicia got a bit of 'com-uppance'.

If you had a problem with feedback after part 2, it's probably partly due to how the story appeared to be ended (in a most unsatisfying way) at that point. Even just giving us a "to be continued" as a last line of part 2 would've made a big difference... setting our expectations that there was more to Jace (and his story) than what we had seen up until then...

Give another story a try. You've certainly done well enough to give it another go. Thanks and good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

some how this story should have not ended this way alicia admitted she was wrong and that jason should have taken her back. another chapter please to where they do get back togther please

harleydancerharleydanceralmost 10 years ago
Good One

Thank you, a really good read. It's only downfall was Mr. Mike not getting his ass beaten for setting to steal another mans wife and family.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Finally a new author

that's worth reading. A good entertaining read, all three chapters. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Good illustration

Divorce with kids is Hell, because one or both people get stupid and fuck up, years of their lives will turn to shit! That is why people that fuck around with other people's marriages need to be destroyed, especially if there are kids involved. I grew up with kids that have been scarred for life by cheating parents and the snakes they were fucking. I have zero tolerance for adulterers. If they involve themselves in my life in anyway, they come to regret it. Adultery hurts everyone in society, that is why the traditional punishment for this was stoning. Make them pay for their actions against society. Let God forgive them for their sins.

Bd4554Bd4554almost 10 years ago
Very good read

I'm always amazed when a wife says her husband should have "fought for her." The time for that, if there ever was one, was BEFORE they got married. If he has to fight for her this time, how could he ever be sure that he wouldn't have to do it over and over again? There's no way a sensible husband could ever trust a wife like that. Much better to just cut her loose the first time, as Jason did in this story. Painful, but wise.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
fight for?

Fight for her?

That is one of the stupidest ideas ever.

To think he should fight for what has already been lost, what she gave to another.

Yes, in real life people are that stupid, so that is not saying the story is bad.

Painfully realistic, but not bad.

eightytuneseightytunesalmost 10 years ago
Why Do Some Think That They Can't Trust The "Ex" Again

Hello to all:

I've read so many stories wherein the hurt husband says "I couldn't trust her again". But I get conflicted with the idea that it is trust that keeps them from reconciling, yet it isn't trust but that the love evaporated because of the cheating. The truth be told that love is what makes the "partnership" work, so when one partner cheats the love evaporates and hate comes out.

From my personal side, my ex left me (took custody of our 2 children=son was 11, daughter was 9 at the time), and then went and lived with a guy for 11 years. He was a real nobody, couldn't seem to want to work full-time, they both drank too much; (when we were married we drank too much at times too, so I am not above blame too). After she left I quit drinking, quit smoking, lived healthier, good home cooked meals, and started towards a lasting relationship with my son and my daughter who are now 33, and 31, and we are so o o close now. When my son was around 14, he came to live with me full-time; he had enough of their drinking / smoking. Whenever he came back from visiting his mother, he smelled like smoke. Even his hair was filled with the smell of smoke, so he immediately had a shower. Then about 1 12 years later my daughter also came and lived with me full-time. And like in this story, my ex was stupid enough to say to my kids that they refer to him as "FATHER". When they told me that, I told them as along as I'm alive he will never be their father. At the end of her relationship, she phoned me to tell me she thinks about me. I told her one word in reply "DON'T". Never again did she call except about our children.

So as in this story, Alicia got caught and had to pay the price.

It takes a lot to forgive, which is love and understanding and finding the inner strength to want to continue the marriage .

Regards

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
You forgot to number this.

It comes up in the wrong order!

Please re-submit!

thc1776thc1776almost 10 years ago
Nit pick

"Deja vu all over again" was a line from Yogi Berra (Yankees catcher and manager). Yogi Bear was a character in "Huckleberry Hound" a kid's cartoon TV show. I presume the bear was named such as a play on the well known (at the time) catcher's name.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
A very harrowing, engaging, life-like tale

Thank you for your contribution. The emotions experienced by the protagonist were very realistic.

Your character is a better man than I. He kept his head and won his daughter back.

That's all he needed to do.

What became of the ex is irrelevant, because he pushed through the shit-storm his life had become until he was finally free of her emotional hold over him. His revenge is that she knows he was ALWAYS the best of all 3 adults, and that he has survived her betrayal, and that he doesn't need her to be happy. She can only settle for her second (third) choice now. She's the failure and has nobody to blame but herself.

Everybody, including me, would love to have mike crucified... he would deserve it, but this story is more like real life. Unfortunately.

One last thing to other commentators: STOP ASKING FOR RECONCILIATION!!!.. It would be wrong, in any universe. Jason would NEVER be able to do that, and he is better for it., so is the daughter, and so are we as an audience..

Thanks for the tale again. 5 stars all the way.

chytownchytownalmost 10 years ago
Life Goes On*****

Damn good story real life drama. Thanks for sharing.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 10 years ago
This story satisfied many readers.

I was left wanting. Why? I guess because it was a straight line with no turns, deviations, or twists.

He found out she was cheating. He divorced her. He was sad. She had a guy, as they usually do, and eventually realized her husband was better (as they usually do.) But he had been in the middle of the ocean when she was horny, so she had no choice but to cheat. He found someone else. So did she. The end.

I shaved my legs for this?

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 10 years ago
Realistic story.

I appreciate the way he wrote the wife - it was all hubby fault that she cheated on him. This woman could be a PapaToad or JPB wife. Not psychotic enough to be a SS06 wife.

PultoyPultoyalmost 10 years ago
Good story premise

I like the idea this story presents. I'm sure it happens a bunch and it is grievous to realize our service people and their families are suffering such a scourge. Especially since their initial sacrifice just making war for us here at home is so hard on them.

There is something just not quite fulfilling here. It falls short of a really well told story, even though the storyline is top notch.

I think you just lost your initial punch for this story and when you got back to it, too much had happened in your own life to really recapture what you wanted to say and do initially when you started it.

There were quite a few grammatical errors all over the story. That distracts me as a reader some, but I've given five stars on poor grammar when the story telling was superb.

Overall, the storyline is really yet to be explored well, I think. Hopefully, HardDaysKnight will be able to put his shoulder to the wheel when he finishes shaving his pudenda (after he's done with his legs).

Thank you for writing and for the effort. Life getting in your way while you write for free is acceptable and I appreciate your good efforts. I think you have it in you to tell a really great story, so don't quit trying. It'll be so interesting to follow you.

Best regards,

-Pultoy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
great story

Enjoyed it a lot. Perfect ending; I suppose I would preferred Alicia to be alone and find no-one to love, but that me being mean!

PultoyPultoyalmost 10 years ago
Huedog2

Speaking for myself and not HDK, I have 8 Loving Wives stories. In 1 there was no cheating. In 1 there was reconciliation and 6 of them there were no reconciliations.

Are you SURE you've read me? It would seem you might need another blunt.

My apologies to Javmor79 for usurping his comment page for my personal message.

-Pultoy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Thanks for ending this story, yoU ended it with a solid 5

The first few chapters were so so. But you close it out beautifully.

patilliepatilliealmost 10 years ago
Nice ending

liked how you wrapped this up. Good job.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 10 years ago
Good question from Hue about HDK and Pultoy.

@Huedogg2

Because they've either never been cheated on RL and have never felt that sense of bone deep betrayal, or they just have no self-respect. Those are my guesses, anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Irondragon and Huedogg - two of the biggest turds on the site

how about the answer is because HDK and Pultoy are writers without an agenda, they spread the field and delve into different scenarios. Not all stories are the same you fucking morons.

This is an excellent tale. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
dog bites man

Boring even to skim. She cheats, and they break up. Why don't you write a story about a tree with green leaves it would be just as surprising and interesting.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 10 years ago
I can't speak for Pull-toy, but

somehow, ID was able read me like a book. I have no self respect. I toss stories out in an attempt to lure married men into accepting the cheating their wives do and to always accept blame for making them cheat. I am committed to destroying the manliness and pride of males everywhere, and from the looks of the prevailing theme in LW of late, my plan is working perfectly. I would brag about it, but having no self respect precludes me from enjoying that one pleasure.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Not Yogi Bear

Yogi Berra

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
you can always count on huedogg and irondragon

To be the dumbest fucks around. Do they even read any of the stories on this site? Cause every comment they make suggest otherwise. Don't get your panties in a twit you two twats, your wives will be feeding you your creampies soon. Closet cucks.

bruce22bruce22almost 10 years ago
Glad to see you finish it.

It was great that he got his daughter back in his life. That first contact after the cheating was brutal! Her cheating ended the marriage for him. Perfect. She makes a speech that would be appropriate to a slut getting two hot guys to knife fight for her "love". Thanks for finishing the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
5*****

The most important he found other wife! He did not reconciliate!

Only problem, why do not try kids with Sarah. The newest blood test can show the Down syndrom, Edwards and other chromosoma deffiencies at the embrios above 35 years old pregnant women!!!!!!!!!

Duna

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Just perfect

Your ending gave him the space to unload his pent-up shit on her, draw his line clearly, and yet left them able to build a satisfying friendship. Well done.

cap5356cap5356almost 10 years ago
great story

very well written story and i can see how that could actually happen in real life. keep up the good job writing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
2*s

After 2 descent chapters ,you gave the mob a Happy Ending !

This was a piss poor excuse for an extra chapter.

What happened?? After these months ,you did a rush job stereotype finale !!

Javmor79, it looks like you just lost the thread and slapped the end together.Decided to give them a crowd-pleaser...

I am not a

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
adulterous whores are almost always dellusional

this serves as a good example

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Re Cheating Exes

While in general I am NOT in favor of taking back cheating exes, one major argument against it is "once a cheater, always a cheater."

If that's true, then if he meets a wonderful woman, who loves him, is great in bed, etc., etc., but she cheated on her former husband, then he should dump her? And lose out on a potentially great relationship?

So IF he can trust that someone who cheated on someone ELSE not to cheat on him, why is it inconceivable that he can find a way to trust HIS ex?

Again, I'm not saying he SHOULD, just questioning why it should be so out of bounds.

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
SOONER OR LATER

you all must recognize and accept the inevitable. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
As someone who was in the Navy I can tell you it;s hard to have a family a kid and a wife if you're gone 1/2 the time or more.

Those who never been in the service have no idea what it's like. I think the ending was fit. It seems to be how things would be , end, for those married and then divorced where there is still some love. She cheated, lots of Sailors do the same, so it happens. The thing is life goes on!!! God bless the men and women in the service to our country and we should honor them and respect them and this country should do EVERYTHING they can to help them when they are in and when they get out. W?O them the country would be even more in trouble and w/o them things would be much worst!!! One thing, Mr. Mike should die!!!! What a shit, hitting on a woman who has a husband in the service. They all think she is an easy piece of ass since she is so lonely . I hate those guys!!

sdc92078sdc92078almost 10 years ago
Woman who cheated on her ex

I'd hope that I found out about her past before I fell in love with her so I could avoid that happening, but if I did and decided to take a chance on a relationship with her, she'd have to accept that I'd be looking up her ex to hear his side of the story and that her phone, computer, car, etc., might occasionally be talking to me about her behind her back.

elling50elling50almost 10 years ago
Forgiveness

This story should be retitled to make it clear that it is the third story in a series. The series is very well written and depicts in a very realistic way the emotions involved. I think Jason gave up to soon. Alicia said she developed love for Mark. This was the turning point for Jason deciding his marriage was not worth fighting for. But there is love and there is love. There is the infatuation created by loneliness and illicit intimacy, and there is the dedicated love you want to nurture and fight for. Jealousy can be a very destructive force. Forgiveness and communication on the hurt and emotions involved could have given emotional growth and increased bonding and created a stronger and better marriage. Too sad that Jason let that opportunity slip away.

elling50elling50almost 10 years ago
Pac Widows

I have some sympathy for the Pac Widows that are on the stroll when their hubby is on deployment. IF it is with the hubbys concent and knowledge. It may take some stress out of the lonly life, and make for some exciting story to tell hubby.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
mine's?

Mine is complete and doesn't need any apostrophe s.

honey_licker1124honey_licker1124over 9 years ago
WOW!

Did anyone get the number of that semi- that just run over me? I commented yesterday about "Text Messages" and your poem, but after I started the Deployment series, I waited until the end to comment. I don't think I've read a series on here that tore me up like this one has, like another commenter on Pt. 2. I felt the pain.

I was a little confused as to the title as Pt.01, Pt. 02 and then this one, but in looking at the dates of submission, I was able to figure it out.

I pretty much agree with the few comments I read because I can't go through all 62 of them. First of all, amazing story telling. I was a little drug around by the explanations of the Naval service in the beginning, but not being military but living the last 25 years next to the largest Army helicopter training facility, I was able to follow. And I say thank you to all who have or are currently serving in the military. I barely missed Vietnam because of college, but I have many ex-military friends and am now losing many veteran friends to death.

You must have been Navy, as well as you explained it, the ups and downs, the good and the bad. Two things I'll add and hush: Both hubby and wife were at fault. Wifey for falling for the "Jody" who came to seduce the lonely military wife and getting between her legs. Jason was at fault for NOT fighting for his family when he got back. So much pain could have been saved. And as you mentioned in your poem, we serve a God who sent His Son to forgive us when we were unfaithful to Him. (Read the O.T. book of Hosea) I was really hoping that they would get back together, but I guess they fell in the wrong 50% group.

Second, I would have found Mr. Mike and beat him to a bloody pulp, and then come back home and put my family back together. Well, that's what I think I would do. We don't really know what we would do until it hits us square in the face.

In conclusion: 5 stars on all three parts and you are being listed as a favorite author by me. Keep it coming!!

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
People change

Some grow up on their own, some have it forced upon them.

He was wise to remember that she told him she loved Mike. He was also right that she did not try to initiate getting back together till after Mike was out of the picture and she was alone again.

btw: "Call me when you finish your list."

What list? I went back several times and could not find any mention of them making a list. Did I miss it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Simple tale well told... Verses a story with twists and turns

HDK was right. The story lacked the twists and turns that characterize his work and some of the other great authors in Lit. BUT it is hard to beat a simple story masterfully told with passion and clarity as this is.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
The right ending -

He held to himself first and protected himself -

Could it have worked - sure - would it have - not likely - he held on to what was important for him this time -

She learned that she made too many mistakes and paid the right price for them and for the learning she did - too bad she did not know how to learn before the big bad part.

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
Why didn't you fight for me?

There may be a truism in this recurring statement in Loving Wives stories. I really don't understand how a woman, who is charged with the protection of the marriage just as much as the man, can throw that out at him when "she" is the one who didn't fight for anything. Marriage is not a one way street. That is why we get married, to have someone to pull together with us and help lighten the load. This bitch was a whiner and she probably never should have been married to a service man. But then again, I think that with the mentality that was attributed to her in this saga, she would have run no matter what if she was given the chance. Make her sad, she fucks around, make her mad, she does it in front of you. To her the only feelings that count are hers. She didn't even care enough for her 8 year old daughter to keep the asshole she was fucking away from her. That should have caused her a lot of problems in divorce court.

And as for being lonely, well she did have her daughter, he was in a war zone and had no one of any consequence. Buddies on a ship don't really count, they are really just co-workers. Thanks for not making him take her back or even feel sympathy for her as she tried to play him throughout the whole thing. We all know where she can find sympathy, it's in the dictionary between shit and syphilis. Nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
disappointed

disappointed that you did nothing to the guy he new she was married to a sailor and took advantage of her and the daughter to she knew you were in the navy and would be gone for times I was in long beach and saw guys just waiting for ships to pull out so they could look for the wife the slim bastereds

maddictmaddictabout 9 years ago
Was it your intention ?

I don't think it was your intention, but I was carefully considering Alice's perspective on this tragedy I was casually reading. Loving two men is not easy to consider if your one of them. Don't behave like this in front of Savannah when Mike's here. Wow how can I deal with this. Why didnt you fight for me ? Hell I was fighting for my own sanity at this point. I think its just a story but well written, and a place I couldnt cope with. Then a chance to return to a life he still thought of. Good ending too ! The way you titled the story's I almost bypast deployment _

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 9 years ago
Reality

Divorce happens. Divorce in the military happens a lot. Few divorces are amicable. When children are involved it's even worse. Do all cheaters get burned? No. Do all the bastards or bitches who break up marriages get burned? No. The majority of divorcees just muddle through as best they can. I think that this is a very realistic story of divorce for a military family. Would I like it better if the cheating slut and her lover were burned at the stake? Hell yes!!! But I know that not every divorce ends that way. So I will live with a story that reflects reality and give it the five stars it deserves.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Strong story but I want to know the back story re: Mike and Alicia

You wrote a very realistic story addressing a common problem with young people in the military. It is very hard on a young wife left alone while her husband is deployed. I wondered about how Alicia and Mike got together and how she justified introducing Mr. Mike to her daughter. We know almost nothing about Mike. He clearly loved her and wasn't just a player. Alicia seems out of touch with reality. She let Mike move in with her and her daughter and lived as man and wife. Why would she turn Mike's proposal down? How could Jason possibly come back to her after the divorce while she continued to live with the man that came between them?

That irrationality is common. She is displacing her guilt by blaming others for not stopping her from what she did. I think the back story of how she met Mike and their life together could be interesting. I understand that it may be hard for you to write if this series is based on your real life.

Thanks for your work. You are one of the best writers at creating real characters not cardboard cutouts. 5 stars

reasonable man

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1*

so they are all a big happy family? really? fuck you for wasting my time.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Thoughts

I’m glad he’s NOT being all “noble” and telling Savannah not to disrespect Mike.

While he shouldn’t interfere (and I take him t his word that he isn’t), it isn’t HIS responsibility to help Mike’s relationship with Savannah.

I wouldn’t feel bad for her! I hope “Mr. Mike” is “no longer in the picture” because he cheated on her, so she can know how it feels! Darn, I just read what happened, I was REALLY hoping he had cheated on her!

“Why couldn't you FIGHT for me?” – As I said in the other chapter, why didn’t SHE fight for them instead of falling into the arms of the first guy that sweet talks her?

“I've just been trying to figure out how I got here." – You got here because you couldn’t keep your legs together.

“It was like Déjà vu all over again (Yogi Bear reference)” – Um, that’s Yogi BERRA reference!

Alicia has no right to treat Sarah with disrespect – SHE didn’t steal her husband like Mike stole Jace’s wife.

And I STILL think that Mike deserves a major beat down!

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
@thc1776 Re: Nit pick

Yes, you are correct, Yogi Bear was inspired by Yogi Berra.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
@Pappy7 Re: Why didn’t you fight for me?

I agree.

As I’ve said several times, the time for the marriage to be fought for is when she is tempted and/or decides to cheat.

If SHE fights and doesn’t cheat he won’t need to!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
yeah, right...

she wanted him to fight for her... to keep a whore that had told him she was in love with another man...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Why isn't this "Deployment Part Three" or "Deployment Conclusion" instead of the name you'd ordinarily give a preliminary beginning to the main event???

I read it first! So now how can I read the other parts?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Yep...

"Mr. Mike" deserved to get his ass beat. She only said that he better not do it in front of their daughter. So wait for him elsewhere...

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
A LOT OF BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO MILITARY MEN

who are off defending our country not all of them are good. TK U MLJ LV NV

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Re-Reading

“I didn't want to parade a slew of girls in front of my daughter.” – So you DON’T do that! You don’t have dates when your daughter is over.

“I didn't want to appear to be gloating.” – Why not? I certainly would, LOL!

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that.” – Maybe I’m just a miserable prick, but I not only think that was the PERFECT thing to say, I would have just let her go and be miserable alone.

“mine's” – AGAIN, it is “mine”!

I'm sorry, I know I'm going to sound like a typical BTB asshole, and I don't want her sold into sexual slavery in a Mexican brothel, but it wouldn't bother me to see her lonely and alone!

And I have to repeat my earlier comment that she was WAY out of line treating Sarah disrespect, especially after telling Jace not to make an ass out of himself with Mike!

c1992wc1992wabout 8 years ago
The modern naval/military man who is married is better off by far....

than the naval/military man in the days of Sailing vessels.

The strange part though is that the scant records that are kept of those days indicate those families stayed together and the breakups were much less than the 50+ percent that is the norm now. Yes, it is true that those were different men and women then with a with a set of values unrelated to those that our youngsters adopt growing up here in utopia.

At the end of the day the naval/military mindset is pretty much the same as the general population. The only reason the percent of divorces are higher in that environment is that there are less children/property/face saving concerns gluing a marriage together.

Technically well written story, Javmor, it's just a pity that all your characters are miserable down deep and just spending their life 'making the best of a bad situation' ..... Lasting love is possible!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
It was over way before he came back.

"I stopped seeing him a week before you returned", even though he called from the ship a month before, saying that he was coming back home.

I guess she thought that she could squeeze a couple of more weeks of pleasure before his return.

heydog52heydog52about 8 years ago
YOUR STORIES ARE REALITY PERSONIFIED ......5

When I 1st started reading your stories, they left me with a deep since of sadness. After reading this story I understood that you are a serial realist. True, not all stories have a happy ending, but wow. You are a super great writer; however, I will never read anything you write when I'm in a bad or sad mood. Your stories are just so sad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Good story.

Good story with pretty realistic results.

She acted like a goddamned entitled whore and hurt everyone including herself.

Hopefully she became a decent human being instead of a scumbag.

Really liked your main character.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Old sailor

I served in the Navy too. USS Samuel Gompers AD37. I was an ET. Maintained and serviced radar gear. I remember WestPacs and the WestPac widows that were around San Diego, especially at the Westerner Bar in National City. Your use of shipboard jargon makes me think you were an ET S well, at least a sailor. The widows around San Diego were in all shapes and sizes, and age as well. When I was young in the early 70s, I used to see them and hated what they were doing when their husbands were deployed. Divorce was very high in those days too. Found realism in your tale. Good work, keep up the writing, among the best on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Just Another Sailor

Yep, deployment for any length of time can be, "A Royal Pain in The Arse." It can make or break a marriage, engagement, or relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Bullshit

I get upset when I read comments by dipshits. I don't care if you have been in the navy or not. Your statements are full of shit. You haven't learned a goddamn thing in your life. I'm 72 been married 49 years am a veteran and a retired cop and live isn't easy. It's give and take. But you make things work. You don't divorce over shit like this!!!

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754over 7 years ago
Wow, Powerful and emotional tale

Adultery is bad enough, but to pursue a spouse of someone on active duty who is in harms way is the lowest form of disrespect. Even if the couple had an agreement beforehand, I still would never consider being with a lady whose husband is serving our country. I consider their service to this country a sacred honor. Marriage in itself is a sacred union, but those who serve our country should be respected and their families upheld with the same honor. The sacrifices they are making, both those serving and their families are hard enough.

Mr. Mike got off scot free. That is my only beef about the story.... In this case, violence would be not only just, but demanded.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Please

Powerful and emotional are two words that should never be used to describe this hack. Condescending. Self-important, pandering, those are the right words. Cuck, cream pie expert and ass licker. Those are some more good words. Third class version of Swinger Joe. A wannabe but never there imitation of Luedon. Not important enough to waste any more time with.

Lex1Lex1over 7 years ago
@anon

And yet, you did waste time. Lol.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Reading Yet Again!

"I believe that was the first moment that I forgave her." I would NEVER forgive her, not in a million years! And I wold laugh in her face about Mike not being in the picture!"

"Because I was still in love with another man." - Funny, that didn't stop you from FUCKING him!

"How am I ever gonna get over you?" - I don't know and I don't care!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Boo Hoo

In the Navy away from Stateside and only got to call home once a week. He should have been in the Navy in the 40s-50s. No phones, no email nothing but letters when they arrived maybe every couple of weeks. What a candy ass. I didn't feel overwhelming sadness for him since he didn't love his wife enough to try and get her back. Even to hold the family together. Hated the Happy Ever After ending. Long story and a quick ending. Sorry but only a 3 from a former Sailor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Gsrbage

No surprise this Navy wimp acted like a spineless pussy..... Terrible last chapter, no way a man takes her back on any level....

dissmissdissmissover 7 years ago

Wow ... I was loving the drama as this story unfolded, and yes, I did think they were heading for reconciliation.

It was physical miles keeping them apart that made her affair possible, but then she did know that his being a sailor would mean sea trips, perhaps really long ones, and loneliness for her. But then she did have a child and there was, presumably a network of other mums in similar conditions .

Mr Mike knew she was married, so why don't men like this back off instead of trying to win something that is not on offer any more.

The ending worked for me. Jace could never go back after all the pain.

Good story, thanks for sharing, 5 *.

spredmspredmover 7 years ago
Good story

I think her could have forgave her if she hadn't said that she loved both of them,I think that broke his heart beyond repair

JackmoftenJackmoftenover 7 years ago
No Way!

I couldn't be anything but my daughters dad, not a friend to my ex the way she went about finding someone else and replacing me so easily.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
great story

The terrible thing Alicia did was to use Savannah to determine which guy to choose. If Savannah rejected her father and their relationship fell apart, then Mike would have been an easy choice. It didn't work out that way.

One puzzle; even though Savannah hadn't seen Mike for a year, Alicia tried to claim that her daughter loved Mike. Why did she think that? He was just a guy she saw a few times, who gave her a few presents. Her claim that Jason had better behave around Mike, or Savannah might be deeply offended was unrealistic. It did demonstrate what a manipulative bitch Alicia really was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
&√ anon 7-26-15

So Mike is a nice guy. SORRY I DO NOT AGR

Whether or not he was a ''player'' he actively pursued a married female with a young daughter at a time when the wife was most vulnerable.

Mike's INTENT WAS TO DESTROY NOT ONLY THE MARRIAGE BUT ALSO HUSBAND'S RELATIONSHIP WITH DAUGHTER.

YOUR DEFENCE OF A WORM WHO WOULD PIURSUE THE WIFE OF A MAN SERVING HIS COUNTRY AND ON DEPLOYMENY IS REPREHENSIBLE

√&

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 7 years ago
Dredged Memories

Came back from my 2nd tour in 'Nam to find my fiancee' had traded up. She traded me in for a 4-F dentist.

This was a very well written story. The emotion came through.

KRD19254KRD19254about 7 years ago

A few things, they got married prior to his enlistment and had a daughter. He had to enlist for 6yrs active to get all the schooling. He should have been up for E6 on separation; as an FT I made E6 in 6 and frucked-E7 in 8.3 but never wore the hat due to less than 2yrs left - total 10yrs active with ~6mo TAD inland. Told the canoe club to shove it at the hump and went into aerospace, getting my BS/MS-EET.

His shop guys sure let him down...

Jason was right - when she took Mike back the 2nd time and it took Mike 5yrs to propose - she had problems (but also once she married she lost his alimony - the greedy bitch). Jason needed to stay away from the slut, she has problems that appears his daughter also recognized. And yes Jason's focus always was and should be his daughter. Jason was right to never trust her again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Friends with a backstabbing cunt?!

No thanks, I can do without friends like that!

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 7 years ago

keep your friends close, enemies closer.

i think he should have took a hand to mike

KRD19254KRD19254about 7 years ago

Take it from a fellow USN-10yrs FT-CPO selectee, who was also burned by a Vietnam WestPAC, you can never really go back. Once she has decided the other guy's dick is better than you, all the doubts, uncertainties, and UN-trust just keep popping up even if you want to rekindle the marriage.

My EX followed me to WestPAC but stopped in HI to shack-up with my best ex-classmate sailor, he stabbed me behind my back at Great Lakes - but she had to be willing. The only difference in this story is we never had a child (amen, so-mote-it-be), but she was my high school sweetheart - 5yrs went for shit.

He had to move on - he could never trust her again. She did not deserve his trust, the pitty to all this is she was always there to torment him - as to the what-IF's.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
The Same, but different

This story doesn't break any new ground as far as the plot is concerned, but its execution is much better than average.. Part of that execution is in how the husband's anger/rage/hurt is portrayed, as well as in how deeply the wife's regrets are shown to be..

It's the authors story and the wife's actions, including her regrets, must be what the author intended. Given that, I think the husband made a mistake in not at least exploring a reconciliation.

The other question is, just how many men left alone for twelve months would stay faithful? As a guy, I think it would be tough.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjavmor79@javmor79
2303 Followers
I enjoy my job as much as anyone else, but I LOVE writing. It's a fun escape. Real life leaves me precious little time to fully enjoy my hobby. I apologize to people who have to wait weeks between chapters of my stories. I enjoy reading erotic stories, but find that when I ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Deployment Pt. 02 Previous Part
Deployment Series Info