All Comments on 'Desperate Measures Ch. 02'

by jack_straw

Sort by:
  • 55 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Reassurance?

You're ok honey. There is no god to torture you some more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Fear Not

While there certainly is a God, the same one who gave your heroine the strength to do what she had to do, His interest is not in punishment or torture. She repaid his confidence in her ability to righteously pursue what was required when she turned to prayer for foregiveness. We are assured that that forgiveness will not be withheld from the truly repentent.

Blue88Blue88over 17 years ago
Good work

Very well done. Sometimes you eat the shark, sometimes he eats you. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Bullshit

Bunch of limp wristed readers kissing JS's ass, like the story, you make me sick.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
Great Story

I've tried to think what she could have done differently but the needing large sums of money to pay her bills shut down all avenues I could think of. I doubt anyone would condemn her knowing the full story. And god does forgive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Masterful Work Captain Jack

It would have been easy to tip this into a dark vein but you maintained an emotion of quasi acceptance forced by consequence and driven by a caring wife and mother.

Although the 3 black guys were unnecessary in my mind the balance created a story of emotion and depth of circumstance few could have brought home so well.

Thanks Author

With High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Very Human - Very Real

She did what she had to do for those she loved so truly you wrote a story of a loving wife. It also made sense that she would discuss those clients who really impacted her new work life. Thanks for an outstanding story.

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Was This A Confession?

It sure wasn't sexy. And there's no way that the rest of her family couldn't have figured out what she was doing. The math would not have added up. My ex-daughter in law was doing the same thing, and it was so as to alleviate the "financial pressures" she and my son had as the result of crushing debt. He tried to tell me she was a real-estate agent handling million dollar houses. Bullshit. She wasn't good at hiding her emotions. No "Poker Face". And real estate agents, licensed ones are on state lists you can access thru the internet.

I followed her one night to a "House", and after a half hour, I knocked on the door, was let in and saw her there. I took a picture with my cel tel camera, and left, holding my gun on the "houseboy" and went home to my son. He cried like a baby, and admitted knowing the whole thing.

I got a good lawyer, and got my grandchildren(both of them) out of that house, after exposing my own daughter in law and son to their minister, whom they had planned to call as a witness. He threw them out of the congregation for being liars and "licentious folk". Methodists; ya gotta love them.

My grandson, 12 was no fool, and knew also, in that way that children do. He is totally disgusted with both of his parents, and told the judge about "sex parties" they had with "another couple" in the home when they thought that both kids were asleep. I guess they weren't. I sued the other couple and had them jailed for felony endangerment of minors. I got enough to put the kids thru college.

Are there yet any fools out there who think this is all "no harm, no foul"? I sure hope not. It sure isn't!

bornagainbornagainover 16 years ago
Katie

she should be the one that was buried not brett her soul is going to have a lot of explaining if she wants to get on the other side of that gate to heaven and hadnt they ever heard of Long term insurance it would have saved her alot of embarrsing questions.

catomanytalescatomanytalesalmost 16 years ago
very hot!

I wonder why all of these supposedly horrified people were reading part 2 of a clearly-labeled erotica story in the Loving Wives section about a wife who became a prostitute? I think you should take their vicious remarks as a compliment, jack; it means you touched all the right nerves, but in their twisted and repressed hearts, they can only express the intensity of their arousal in the negative terms of disgust and disapproval. I thought this was very well done--you clearly understand this fantasy and its appeal, and you should be proud of the quality of your execution here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Bull Shit

This story is just bad, nothing really works. It is not well written nor thought out, and all the assholes that think themselves to be experts in the judicial field because they watch Jerry Springer (or similar) need to do a little more research into the real world before writing crap stories like this.

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
Extremely Controversial

You have done an excellent job of turning a very bad situation into almost a paean of glory. Unbelievable was Brett's reaction. Very believable was the reaction of Owen and I can not help feeling the wife deserved to find a safe harbor. What bothers me is that there are lot of people on a site like this who feel that she should pay the ultimate penalty and then go to Hell. What could she have done better?

What alternative existed?

jiminabjiminababout 14 years ago
Just to vote

Read this story before and loved it. Just read it again but this time I voted. Still love the story. I am sure desperation is what turns most females (and males?) to prostitution. Thank you. Jim

Mandy01Mandy01about 14 years ago
Outstanding tale of inner strength and self sacrifice

What can anyone say they will do until being confronted with tragedy. Was the husband affected by his wife's confession? I dare say he was; but not finding any other solution to their problem he had to agree with her decission. A wonderful tale of wow that ended as well as it possibly could

My thanks to jack_straw...an entertaining read

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

1 + 2 =one Great Read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

1 + 2 = Idiot !

Jringo21Jringo21about 13 years ago

Great story. It was sad but uplifting in the end.

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago

I gave this piece of shit nothing, I personally did not like it, and the ratings were all to high for this one.

surrenderme72surrenderme72over 12 years ago
yes

I think it is a wonderful story. What a gutsy wife to sacrifice for her husband. I enjoyed reading this very much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
sad

What a great wife, I would have married you in a heart beat, I was married for 41 years and was faithful to my wife, never once steping over the line, I got hurt on the just that truned my life up side down, and my wife took averything we own and walked out of my life and never looked back, now thats a whore for you, As for you my dearest you were a strong lady that loved so much that truly gave of yourself for the sake of others, so have nothing to be ashame of, hold your head up high for you are one fine lady

phil2213phil2213almost 11 years ago
Interesting and devastating story

One never knows the hand they will be dealt til they are reading those cards. This story showed great poise and sacrifice on the wife's part in caring for her loved ones by sacrificing her dignity and self. No spouse could've been more loving under such circumstances. The writer was thorough and explicit in demonstrating the tragedy a family could endure in the worst of circumstances. It is easy to judge and say that this wife was immoral but she had a higher purpose and she did the best she could in the worst of circumstances. I was reminded of an old addage " Never judge a person til you walk a mile in their shoes".

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Stars

I have never voted before, but the Stars for voting for this story should go to 10. It was really good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I start with

1*. can we get 9 more

wonder203wonder203over 10 years ago
Strenghth

It is amazing how strong some people can be. This woman you made up made me want to actually meet her. It was one of your best stories. You built her character well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
What a story

I never thought that an erotic story could make you come up with a lump in your throat. Hats off Jack_straw,-whoever you are.SALUTE.

SigintSigintabout 10 years ago
Yeah, Take the Ignorant Comments

As compliments. You moved them. Some made up such fanciful tales that they should post them. I went into this expecting one thing, kept an open mind, and was rewarded with something well-rounded. Very rare here. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I'm

sure her "First, Best Love" would've been thrilled to discover just exactly what she had been doing to "pay the rent" had he awakened by some miracle. Indubitably. No, if he was like myself, and my wife -considering male prostitution is also a thing, so the reverse situation is possible though unlikely- he would be utterly heartbroken, shattered to the point of preferring to have died than to awaken and be forced to live the rest of his or her life with such agonizing heartache and betrayal hanging over the remains of their love. Death. Before. Dishonor. And adultery IS dishonor, no matter the reason for it. I'm sure I'll be castigated for my views, called callous or intolerant, or some other, equally false and equally unfounded name meant to imply insufficient sensitivity to the feelings of others. Castigate away. I do need a good laugh. ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A Long Way From Reality

To get a sense of perspective on this story readers should read

"Ten Tips For The New Prostitute'" by Irresistiblebeauty

on Literotica.

Kerry312Kerry312about 9 years ago
lol

just a cheap slayttern

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 8 years ago
Long comment.

This will be a long comment, but it's jack_straw's fault for getting me so interested in his characters. Which means that, as usual, he spun a good yarn.

Brett and Kate spend 5 years in a city, making connections. Then Kate works for 6 years as a high class call girl, meeting her Johns in public places. During that time, she never meets anyone who recognizes her as Brett's wife while she's out working? A bit of a coincidence, yes?

Kate was "gratified" that her Johns showed up at Brett's funeral? "Never met you, buddy, but I'm awful sorry you're gone, 'cause your wife's a great lay and now I'll have to stop banging her?" And how does Kate introduce them to her 9 year old daughter? I know she considered them friends, but that's still pretty raw.

Do you suppose Kate ever admitted her ulterior motive for the trip out West, even to herself? Brett's improving health was a disaster for Kate: it meant she would need to pay for his care even longer. She was past 35; her days as a high class call girl were numbered. What would she do when that wasn't an option any more? I think she hoped the trip would be one last great memory for him, but would also hasten his end, and thus the end of her "desperate times." And it worked.

I sympathize with Kate, and certainly don't condemn her. But there are real women and men out there who face the choices she did and worse, yet keep their values intact. Reading this story reminded me just how heroic they are.

dyonysosdyonysosabout 8 years ago
Hmmmm

When you read the story it becomes very clear that she more then enjoys her lifestyle not only financially but allso sexually and this for me is hard to swallow

Call girls,prostitutes ,whores never or very rarely enjoy theyr jobs,orgasms are something they keep soly for theyr partners

The story is good ,very good but the sexual side is really not very believable and being with her husband and daughter in the day and working 3-4 johns,group sex at night would leave a very noticeble mark on her aspecially at age 35

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Crying😭😭😭

Good reading. I love this story so much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Love it

I have read this story a few times and it still holds my interest

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 6 years ago
Loving wife.

I loved this story, But was hoping you wouldn't have killed Brett, Owen i didn't like at all because of how he used his influence to get free playtime with her. even knowing why she had to do it, and her finacial situation, That doesn't show much character in a man, But in the end you rewarded him with her. Five stars if you had killed Owen instead, but I guess you needed something to fill in the fourth page.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 6 years ago
Boy you couldnt have failed at your objectives if you tried

Bummer ending? Get this straight idiot, if he died in the crappy nursing home, and a lot of folks do-they just give up, he would never had to live with knowing his wife was cuckolding him (OK wittol if you're picky) and that she was a prostitute. Nothing wrong with being a prostitute, but not what he signed up for.

He still ended up dead, she ended up with a douche who used his office to get free pussy from her, and lost ground with her mom, as she should have.

Still you write so well it was an engaging read, but I really had to ignore a lot of things I know from being around the adult entertainment lifestyle to buy the ending.

I also had to drop any sense of omniscient view, as there are obvious problems generated by her decision you did not even address.

The one really GREAT thing you did was make her a sympathetic and acceptable character! I mean even if she was deliberately obtuse to a lot of negatives, she had to survive mentally and emotionally.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 6 years ago
The only idiot was me

For using that word to describe you. I was wrong, and FWIW, I apologize.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

For most of the story, dspite of her rationalisations, it mostly seemed like she jumped gleefully into prostitution to have an excuse to fuck around on her husband.

A downer, but at least the husband never found out what a slut and whore his wife had become before his death,

I feel bad for the mom that got an inkling of what her daughter had become.

Not exactly a likeable protag

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I never understood sympathy for prostitutes

There are literally thousands of jobs out there pay reasonably well, and that don't require high qualifications. As difficult a job as prostitution can be, its sometimes the lazy way out. Don't want to work nine to five, so I'll just lay back and spread em.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Well written

But in the end, just another story about a cheating wife. A whore by any standard.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Can't save it

She was a cheating whore, and all the sorry in the world can't change that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Raising someone others child

Well, I do agree, she cheated and she was a whore. But under this circumstances these facts are not negative in any sense.

She did alle these because of the love for her husband and because there was no other way to prevent losing everything and have her husband vegetate in a cheap nursing facility.

She never humilitated or disrespected him under these circumstances.

Sorry for writing as Anonymous. I'm trying to activate my account since July 2019, but didn't get support from LIT, Manu or Laurel. If you want to help me create a Thread in the Tech-Support-Forum, contact me: infosauger@gmx.at

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

When it comes down to it we ALL whore ourselves out in one way or another- being paid for a job. Even worse than that is a holier - than - thou whore making comments about fictional characters in a story.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobalmost 3 years ago
Well done

It is hard to say that I enjoyed a story with such a somber ending. But this is a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I wonder if Jack_Straw's purpose in this is to illustrate how a life of prostitution, regardless of motive, hardens a person. At the end, even Kate admits that she sold "a large piece of [her] soul."

Kate killed Brett, just as surely as if she'd tied a bag over his head or pushed him off a cliff. She did it kindly, with a trip he enjoyed instead of a bullet to his heart, but she killed him, she knew it, and she wasn't sorry. "Even if [it] did [kill him], it was still worth it," she said.

What kind of woman is "gratified" to see her johns at her husband's funeral? How do you suppose Kate introduced them to her young daughter: "Ashley, honey, this is Uncle Clayton, Uncle Owen, Uncle Milton, Auntie Nadine, ...?"

I think we're supposed to think better of Kate because she quits whoring after Brett's death. I don't: she quit because she was 36, had all the money she needed, and "had scratched whatever itch [she'd] had for casual sex."

Perhaps the ways Kate changed are part of the price she had to pay for her choice. I notice she never does say that she loves Owen, or even Ashley, after Brett's death. I pity Kate, and I can't condemn her for her initial choice, but her subsequent choices and attitudes reveal a hardened, selfish woman. Jack_straw's intro to the contrary, this is at least as much of a "downer ending" as "Working Girl."

skruff101skruff101over 2 years ago

She wasn’t doing what she had to do, she was doing what she wanted to do. Bretts accident was a godsend to her, the perfect excuse and justification for taking up her new career.

Making her out to be a latter day ‘Joan of Arc’ where the giving of her body is the ultimate sacrifice for her family smacks of desperation.

She did it she enjoyed it, the bleeding heart nonsense just to make her a more sympathetic character gave the impression ‘she doth protest too much’.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Decent

Decent story,needs must.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Her mother and other bastards who are judging her, do they fo anything to make her life easy!! WTF with her bitch mother

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Glad she had a good ending!!

Her mother should go fuck herself!!

underdog1underdog1almost 2 years ago

Wow, I would have to say if not the best I've read so far, it's in the top 2 or 3. Excellent story line and told from a firsthand perspective that made it really come to life. Take a bow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

excuse me a moment.... sorry I just threw up in my mouth a little

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Heartbreaking. I don't get all the haters in the comments. Yes she did something immoral, but she did it out of love in an impossible situation. Hypothetically if a wife slept with someone to protect the life of her husband and/or children, does that make her a cheating whore? How is this that different with a quadriplegic husband and crushing debt? She could see how terrible his remaining life would be. Let go of the internal rage and hate!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

After her husbands death, it’s to bad that she couldn’t have had a heart to heart with her Mom, to explain what she had to do to keep her family together. Any reasonable mother would forgive, and be understanding

LJ7352LJ73524 months ago

Five great big stars.

FaShUnPhOtOgFaShUnPhOtOg3 months ago

In the early 2000’s, I provided pastoral counseling services to two women, both strippers. One admitted to turning tricks to special clients, the other denied it, though I suspected she was lying about it. Neither woman had gone to college and only one finished high school. Both got pregnant and dumped to fend for themselves by their asshole baby daddies. The only “decent” jobs they were qualified for included asking, “would you like fries with that?” It was difficult paying the rent, affording daycare and bus fare. Neither could afford a car.

Out of desperation they turned to stripping and all that went with it. I can easily understand how a mother can be so desperate that she’d give her body to protect her children. Because I could empathize with them, I treated them with respect and compassion. I never looked down on them. To this day, I understand the plight and why a woman can be so desperate as to rent her body out. Mind you, doing this out of desperation to protect one’s child is not the same as doing it to get enough money for your next fix. Two different classes of desperation. One is understandable and can be accepted, the other not accepted. But our responsibility in both cases is to show compassion and help them get the resources they need to heal.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

What sort of woman treats her Johns like family friends at her husband's funeral, in front of her nine-year-old daughter?

Kate killed Brett. She knew damn well that the trip she planned would reverse his recovery and lead to his death. But she was afraid that his recovery might lead to his being able to resume their life together, and that was the last thing she wanted, so she made sure it wouldn't happen. Oh, she did it "nicely," a pitiful sop to whatever was left of her conscience, or perhaps because strychnine in the soup gets one caught too easily. But she decided on his death and made it happen.

Kate had my full sympathy, even after she made the difficult decision to sell herself. Then she became a hardened whore with a heart of stone, her occasional attacks of guilt and her self-justification notwithstanding. She is a standing insult to all the women and men who have loyally loved their spouses through desperate situations. They are heroes. She is not.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous