All Comments on 'Detroit up in Smoke'

by MSTarot

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
No .... No.... why!

Why did you have to kill them? It's just so sad. You didn't give them a chance to change or grow up. Or to see the car as evil that they had to break free of.

Blind_JusticeBlind_Justiceover 8 years ago
Cyber noir - love it!

The good: The story oozes style. The setup, the tech, the language and of course the fate of the protagonists - that's classic Cyberpunk. You've got that nailed. Taking cues from Bonny and Clyde - why not?

The not-so-good: I wouldn't have minded a bit more sex, and what was there felt surprisingly impersonal, especially after how they met. The chemistry was there, and you didn't milk it. Lost opportunity.

The ugly: Holy hell, did you forget to edit? You dropped words. You mangled tenses. There were two instantces I had to go back and re-read what you've written, just to make a little sense of it. Cost you a point there.

Verdict: Great story, needs another edit pass, at least.

JAUNTYOLDONEJAUNTYOLDONEalmost 6 years ago
Some things never . . . .

Some things never die. This being said there will always be a "Bonnie and Clyde" if not for real then in stories told by old men to inspire a few of the' Young Lions' to try their luck.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous