Discoveries of a Young Man Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I could hear the yelling from the other end all the way from where I stood, though not what exactly was said.

Mel sounded agitated, but also like this was a conversation she had had before. Maybe many times. It gave her agitation almost a defeated sound. It made me feel bad, sad even. Here I was ogling her, subjecting her to my fantasies. But she did after all have a husband and kids. A life. While the conversation was not sounding like paradise, it was nothing but one instance. It wasn't right to not respect her life.

"Is that this weekend too? Sure. It's fine, you can borrow it. See you at home. Bye."

I heard her hang up and hurried away from the door. Maybe I could poke a bit and see what the gist of it was. If not for anything else than to be her friendly coworker. But first, we had to wrap up our work before the weekend.

I waited a few moments before I returned. I knocked and entered. Mel was over by the window, with her back to me. Giving me the perfect view of her ass. It was just astonishing. I had not noticed her hot cheeks hugged by sweatpants before. But here I was, barely able to look away. She was just about done vacuuming the windows, which meant the mopping was all that remained.

"Need any help?" I asked, leaning forward against the front of the desk.

"Wow, you finished fast! No, I'm good actually, thank you though. Can't wait to get out of these awful pants however."

"I wouldn't mind it either," I said, without thinking. She looked over her shoulder again and looked at me questioningly. "I mean, erh, eh, like out of my pants. At home. At the dorm. Sorry."

I pointed my thumb awkwardly over my shoulder towards the door. She went back to vacuuming, with a small smirk as she did.

"I'll be done in a few," she said, somewhat dismissively. I took my cue and went outside, grabbing the paper bin on the way out. The way she paused and looked at me... I was fucked. She probably caught me.

I'm not even sure why I was so afraid of getting caught? Well, of course, there's the creep factor. And the unwarranted attention from a kid almost 20 years her junior. And of course, the husband, kids. All that. And who knew if she was even interested in that kind of attention? I was not a huge hot frat boy or a ladies man. I wasn't anything special. And interested in what? I wasn't even sure what I wanted. I knew I wanted to see her hot cougar body, but that was pretty much it. If only there was a world where I got to see what she looked like without those sweatpants, and not lose my job to an HR incident, or get slapped in the face by a woman in her mid 30s.

It was not like the girls at my age. You could go all in and try your luck. At least to a certain extent. Mel was different. She had a steady job, probably lived a healthy life, had a family, had a hot shapely ass that filled even a pair of sweatpants, nice wide hips, a sexy voice, even some freckles, and... wait, I think I trailed off. What was I saying?

I was leaning my head against a window out in the corridor, trying to cool my head.

"Mind getting the garbage? I'll fix the trolly," Mel said behind me.

I looked over at her. She looked tired. We were over three hours early, but maybe the week had zapped her energy.

"Yeah, sure. Need a ride home? You look tired," I asked.

"It's alright. I need the exercise, I'm an old woman!" she teased, with a half-smile.

"You're not that old? You're what, 35? " I said, genuinely trying to make her feel better. 38 was not old at all. My mother was way older than that.

"35? Where'd you get that from, young man?" Mel asked, planting her fists at her sides, looking at me with a serious face, as if I was about to get scolded.

"What, erh, I don't know. You look 38, I don't know," I mumbled.

"Aren't you a flatterer," Mel laughed, easing the tention. She seemed to cheer up a bit. So I went for more.

"And besides, you're in great shape, by the looks of it."

"By the looks of it? You like looking at old women?" Mel teased.

"I mean... erh... you're not old, though!"

She smiled at me stammering, not answering immediately, and I blushed. I stepped too far, no doubt. I couldn't even keep eye contact. I just realized how brazen I'd been. Or maybe I was overthinking it. Probably. Hopefully.

"Thanks for that, good to hear."

Mel turned and pushed the trolly away, and disappeared down the hallway. My eyes fixed on her ass.

I walked out with the garbage. The garbage was in a separate small shed type building, at the opposite direction of where they're wardrobes were. As I shut the door and locked it, I glanced up. I was so happy I drove because it looked like it was about to start raining. Poor Mel, having to bike through that. I was thinking of again offering her a ride, but I felt I'd pushed my luck enough today. Still, by the time I made it back to the main building, the rain was pouring.

"You think I could maybe catch a ride, after all?" Mel asked as we both stood in the doorway. Standing this close to her made my heart race.

"Yeah sure, no problem," I beamed.

"I'll have to leave the bike behind tho, not too happy about that," she muttered, looking over at her bike chained up.

"Nonsense, I got a huge trunk. I'll throw it in the back for you," I said, waving it off. It was no problem at all.

"Thanks! You worked pretty fast today. Excited to call it an early day?"

"I'm just a motivated worker," I joked. She laughed with me. It felt good to make her laugh..

The ride was a bit awkward at first. We never really talked about much other than work. But all that was of course normal. After all, we barely knew each other. Only for two months, we'd known each other. I searched my brain for something to break the ice with.

"So, anything planned for the weekend?" I asked, glancing over at her.

"Nah. David is going to a poker game on Saturday. And he's taking the car. So I guess I'll hang with the kids," she said. "How about you?"

"Er, nothing really. Work out, wait. I don't know. Sounds cool to hang out with the kids though?"

"Yeah, it is. They're the best. But sometimes, a woman might need a little break. But Dave provides, so I guess I'll watch the kids," she said, starting to look out the window as she finished her last sentence.

We rode a few more moments in silence. I didn't really know what to say. I also didn't want to step out of line. Sitting next to a woman such as Mel made me really nervous. And like I said, we did after all barely know each other.

"What are you waiting for?" Mel asked, now looking over at me.

"Huh, what?" I asked confused.

"You said you were going to work out and wait."

"Yeah, I don't know. I feel like weekends are just waiting for the next week. Like all my classes, work, and all that is happening during the week, not the weekend," I explained, a bit flustered.

"I guess that is one way of looking at it," Mel laughed. I chuckled too. It was weird.

"Don't you have parties to go to? Boys to play beer pong with, girls, and all the whatnot you guys do in college?"

"Nah, I'm more of a homebod. Parties are too noisy, dude. You never went to college?"

"Nope. Or, I did take some courses in muscle and physical therapy, but I never used it, so I guess it doesn't count."

"Sure it counts. Why don't you use it then?"

"Hubby doesn't think it's appropriate. I don't know what fantasy world he lives in, but here I am. Besides, it has been way too long, I would have to get back in the swing of things," she explained. "I dropped out when I got pregnant with Hope, my eldest."

I glanced over at her. She looked so tired, leaning her head against the window, staring at nothing in particular.

"No, I think it is best to just stick the ride out. Gotta raise kids, so... yeah."

Again. An awkward silence. But we were close to her house. It was not the most appealing of neighborhoods, to be honest. I pulled into her driveway and we both got out.

"I'll get your bike out," I said.

I opened the trunk and yanked out the bike. Meanwhile, I heard a door slam open.

"Who the hell is this?" I heard some grumpy growling from the other side of the car, talking to Mel in a very accusing tone.

"It's just a coworker giving me a ride. It started to rain," Mel answered.

I came around the car and handed her the bike. David was a big, bald man, with a mean look, and a thick beard. He had to be at least 6 foot 2 or something. And he stinked. Even from where I stood I could smell the alcohol. I extended my hand, and he shook it, only without stopping staring down Mel.

"You don't have a jacket? I recall getting you a jacket," he said, laughing without humor. He gave me a short nod and turned to walk inside, and yelled to whoever was in there. "Better not touch my cola!"

Mel looked awkwardly at me. I just brushed it off and handed her the bike.

"See ya around," I said. Mel waved me farewell as I drove my merry way.

12