All Comments on 'Discovering a New Reality'

by BuckRivers

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
LeaHarvey1821LeaHarvey1821over 9 years ago
Wow, funny erotica, who could have guessed.

I knew what she was going to think when she was lowered, but when she was pulled out and then SURPRISE, I started snickering and laughing. You have just the perfect amount of humor and sexual tease to keep me interested. I hope you continue with this story. You left it in the perfect spot to continue. Well done.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
hilaristurbing!

BR, i gotta agree wholeheartedly with LH1's comments. Terrific imagineering and for a short story, well written characters.

The lack of taste stimuli though is confusing as smell is much more complex. When people talk about 'tasting' food or whatever, almost invariably they are actually talking about 'smell'.

And of course most of what we are actually tasting are a combination of natural enzymes dissolving tissue structure and byproducts of bacterial and fungal life cycles.

With brain damage or a disease such as Alzheimers, smell is generally the last memory left to us.

This is why pornography results in dissatisfaction and eventual addiction to new and increasing doses of erotic stimuli. As there is no taste or smell available. These are the key stimuli to enjoying sexual relations.

ShadowsucksShadowsucksover 9 years ago
well... want a lesbian's response?

I generously gave you 3 stars because you write well, but completely without emotion. There's no authentic feeling, nor any perception or understanding of a real woman's reaction to your story. This reads like male oriented porn. Does nothing for me. I like Allyourbase stories, read LesbianChickLit & AVixenLiterally, Colleen Thomas. Just a few who are true wordsmith of lesbian erotica. This story isn't lesbian sex, it's male fantasies lesbian pornography. To quote Gertrude Stein, "There is no there there." If women are your target readership, you need to up your game. This is actually quite insulting to me. Since you post & write lesbian sex I assume you aim for a female lesbian audience. If so, you need to research & learn what female sexuality is about. This is SO NOT IT.

Erin

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
interesting point

Shadowsucks brings up a good point, perhaps a valid one. My first introduction to pornography was perhaps a half-century or so ago. Mostly my father's and from friends.

What passed for Lesbian porn in those days ,publicly available was written by male hacks, paid a penny or two per word. Using pseudonyms. Intended for mass consumption by men.

To avoid prosecution of the publishers, the women characters were always punished for their sins. Or would be turned into good little cock whores after being raped by Master Dick.

Actual Lesbian porn written by women was still underground to avoid active persecution and prosecution from authorities. Probably not mass marketed until well into the 70's.

This is a generalization on my part but usually I can tell some of the differences between Lesbian genre stories and characters written by either a male or female.

Usually, not always. I think I have enough experience as a man with women to tell the stylistic differences with better then average probability of guessing correctly.

What I find interesting about my own enjoyment of stories in categories I have no prior personal sexual experience.

No matter the author or their sex, the story must have a coherent believability, humor and humanism, well-developed characterizations, adult dialogue, with consensual and sensual relationships.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Second

Like Lea I hope you continue with this story. I would love to see how they "punished" Lynette that evening, plus how her additional time in the globe develops--Lynette had 200 hours in it for example.

BuckRiversBuckRiversover 9 years agoAuthor
Author Response

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback and comments on this story. I enjoy seeing feedback, and might consider adding another chapter at some point since this one has the potential to expand.

I find the feedback comments about "the market I'm writing for" to be thought-provoking. I guess maybe someone can target their writing toward a particular market, but it seems to that that makes for a weaker product. It seems to me that a writer should always be writing for themselves, and if other people like it, all the better. I think markets find writers more than writers find markets.

As for me, I don't write for a lesbian market or a male market or anyone else. I just write what I think is fun, and I post it up here to see if other people like it and to hear their reactions. I don't think I could really do it another way.

GrrrreatImaginationGrrrreatImaginationabout 9 years ago
Wonderful!

I really liked the stream of consciousness that Hillary followed in the egg. Good writing throughout.

The dialogue and narration you used did a great job of painting both the scenes as they unfolded, and Hillary's thoughts, experiences and reactions.

I really liked how you used the little nuances of 1st impressions to have Hillary segue into the BDSM scene with the Dr, and then again at the end when you reveal that she'd been entirely accurate.

I agree that there is lots of opportunity to continue this story or even to branch off from it. Obviously, you could take us to the Dr's place that evening for a series of scenes (and chapters) with both Lesbian and BDSM themes. That series could go on (don't stop!).

Another way would be to pick an audience member who reacts so strongly to the Data Display segment. S/he would be so aroused they might even orgasm in their seat, amazingly unnoticed as everyone else was riveted to the Display. Then, that person would be preoccupied for the rest of the evening, even the week/end. Would s/he seek out Hillary? or the Doctor? Might they find someone else before they could get that far, or be found by? Themes could include Toys & Masturbation, Voyeur, Lesbian, Erotic, BDSM, and Non-Consent/Reluctance (hopefully more Reluctant than NCR ;-) ).

You've got lovely writing. I'm glad you enjoy writing, and I'm really glad you enjoy sharing it with us. Thanks! Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
More please!

Keep going... It is just getting good

thomas_deanthomas_deanabout 4 years ago
Sacrifices in pursuit of science

Meet Hillery, a teaching assistant at a university. The backdrop is Dr Mullaney's scientific conference demonstrating a new apparatus. A daring sort, Hillery has previously experienced sensory deprivation and enjoyed it. At this conference, Hillery volunteers for a slightly different experiment.

The tub in which Hillery would be suspended can transform mental images into a physical experience. Normatively, the science created could enhance physical therapy, video games and occupational training.

In the gel Hillery lets her mind wander first to innocent personal scenes with her mother, her boyfriend a wedding but then to more exotic imaginings being tied face down over the barrel to be raped by a pirate crew, and then to spread eagled on a bed for a lesbian threesome with Dr. Mullaney, armed with a strap-on dildo and Dr Mulaney's aide Lynette.

Hillery hadn't realized that the the gel in which she was suspended reads her mind not only to create a virtual reality for her but to broadcast on screen the mental images for the benefit of attendees at the conference.. Unable to face the shocked audience, Hillery moans, "I can never go out there again ... I'm a laughingstock. My career is over." Drafted as a researcher on Dr Mullaney team, Hillery can not experience in reality what she imagined.

The author makes an interesting point about excessive intrusion into personal thoughts. In the pre - electronic age, this was a familiar theme in Alfred Hitchcock Presents and Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone and Night Gallery. Do we really want anyone else to know out fantasies? Do we really want to face our own private day dreams?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBuckRivers@BuckRivers
As an introduction, I like to chat and roleplay. Some days I prefer one over the other, but I'm flexible. I particularly enjoy interviewing women about their sexual fantasies and sexual behaviors. I'm not interested in anything beyond chatting. I've written a few stories o...