All Comments on 'Divorce Can Be Good for You'

by Egmont Grigor

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
Trident683Trident683about 15 years ago
Ok.....

Could have been much better. You need to get an editor. You confused Cliff and Nigel several times and that made it tough to follow the story. Also, there were several grammatical and spelling errors. You have good story lines, but the mistakes detract enough to ruin the stories. Keep writing, but get an editor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
The errors don't matter

Pretty funny. Maybe would be more "professional" without the trivial errors, but quite amusing despite them. A pleasant read! Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
funny as all f*ck

ignore the detractors (bunch of wannabees)the mistakes fit in with the humerous content

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Great Story

Its amazing to pick a story ,,read it , like it , then come to find its your's . and that has happened soo often.

Great stories and THANK YOU for writing them. Steve

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
I guess some still don't get it....

Yes another great story, well written and a great storyline...If they would look at the number of stories you

write maybe they would understand why a few type O's are

allowable.. Don..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
just keep on writing

As I said in a previous post let them without sin cast the first stone, dismiss the detractors and keep on writing

James

JammyJimmyJammyJimmyabout 15 years ago
Likes & Dislikes

I've had to think for a while about what to say in this comment. There were parts of the story I really liked, and others that I really didn't. As a whole it seemed really rushed to me, and I couldn't buy into the main character. As a result it seemed to be a quick blast through a series of sex scenes with no emotional journey. I didn't get how the guys Aunt could so easily fall into bed with him, with not an ounce of inner turmoil from either of them. It was these little bits and pieces that could have turned this from a decent story into a really good one for me.

That all being said, I liked a lot of the depth behind the story, and the way that the careers and personal life of the lead female caused her trouble.

I found myself wanting to sympathise with the male lead, even though at times I thought he was an asshole, and I liked the way your words flow.

This is the first of your pieces that I've read, but I'll definitely drop by and read a few more.

JJ

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 15 years ago
A good story, humorous and erotic

I like the light off of the wall humor that the author uses to describe the turmoil that the character went through throughout the story. It is a change of pace to what has been posted lately. Thanks........Rich

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 11 years ago
ROTFLMAO!!!

I laughed my way through this one.

Well done!!

Thx!

ThelvynerThelvynerover 7 years ago
Completely muffing character names...

Is not just a simple typo. It completely interrupts the story flow, a lot of times causes the reader to have stop and reread something over again because the name and context don't match. A spelling error could be overlooked, derailing the story, not so much.

The story was ok but I felt could have been much better with better editing. It felt really rushed and although the characters seemed true to themselves, there wasn't any depth to any of the relationships. This is in the romance catagory but reads like an emotionless string of erotic couplings with no substance.

There was quite a bit of humor thrown in but much of it fell flat for me due to the shallowness of the main male character.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Divorce was good for Nigel.

A fresh start, the best way.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Thoughts

Admittedly minor point - If you're doing your job, you're not going top be fired for being "too sad-faced and depressing his team." THEY'RE going to be told to mind their own business and do their job!

"Have one what?" - Is he brain dead? A coffee of course!

Sorry, couldn't make it halfway through page 1. As dull as watching paint dry. If not an editor, at least a Beta reader would have helped.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous