All Comments on 'Doing The Right Thing'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 124 Comments
TiggerTooTiggerTooover 17 years ago
I decimated

the Kleenex box on this one. Thanks. Another great one.

Phil

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Wow

That story is absolutely amazing.

Good job!

Glad you're happy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
First Rate, DG!

This is a love story at its best. Sad at the start then heartwarming.

Really nice job on the characterization. Nice clear identities for everyone.

Sweet ending ... but it is that time of year.

Great job.

Regards, Jack

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Excellent Story

One of your best!

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
You do it so well!

I always enjoy the way you write and your subject matter. Please dont stop!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
good story

good tale, well told.

i did find the very end confusing and poorly worded. q>>

"One mistake early in life can change the future forever."<<q

what anne did was not a mistake, if you are referring to that - are you? - it was 5 years of deliberate betrayal and disrespect, followed by 25 more years of lies, and topped off with a violent suicide.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
Warm and Fuzzy

A really excellent feel-good tale. One where the happy ending overshadows all else. The relationship with the kids remaing the same was a great touch; it doesn't always work that way.

Very good read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
You did the right thing!

Just writing this story was the right thing to do. Very well written and heart warming.

Avid Reader

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
WHY DGHear stories are SOOO good

Just wow..

as I sit back and think about this story and this type of story that DG seems to specialize in I wonder why it is so good...

first in these type of stories the common thread is that the Guy doesnt stay dwn. He gets kicked but he comes back up. He doesnt give up. This sort of perserverance is a very MAN thing and to a lessor degree a Human quality

second DG knows how to write a romance story from a GUY's point of view. I am NOT a BIG fan of Dr laura but once in a while she does make a good point or two. She once write in her THE PROPER CARE AND FEEDING OF HUSBANDS... that in todays society most folks dont know what is romantic from a Man's point of view.

Things like candles flowers sunset walks poetry are all well known ideals of romance but they are from a feminine point of view.

Dr Laura's point is that from a man's Pont of view Taking care of the family IS romantic. Being the one folks count on IS manly and in some ways can be romantic.

I think this is why DGHear stories work so well. His stories feature the same sort of ideals without being wimpy.

It is so wonderful to read about a good quiet decent man as opposed to the super wimp or deranged moraless shit we often see in Blue88 H20 or JPB stories

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
It's a feel good story but has its flaws

The author's prose is good but there are a few oopsies in the grammar that detract from the overall quality. As is typical in a DG Hear tale, the author tells us a lot rather than showing us and, at times, the story reads like a travelogue. The dialog is mostly okay though there were rough spots where I caught myself saying "People don't talk like this."

I found the hook for the story not credible. I refuse to believe that in twenty plus years Dan wouldn't have discovered that Brad and Janice aren't his biological offspring. Blood tests, a verbal slip by his wife, something would've revealed the ugly secret much earlier. I don't like to suspend disbelief. Having to do so detracted from the overall quality of the story.

The author developed the characters of Dan and Mandy well. We understand who they are and what they think about life. They react in ways that are credible. Annie's character is not explored much and we don't know if she killed herself or not. The author leaves it up to us to guess. Many think she suicided. Maybe it was just an accident. Maybe God wanted to punish her for her sins. I think she was killed by a lover that Dan didn't know about. Who's right? Maybe nobody. It's a loose end and those aren't good authorship.

The characters of Brad and Janice aren't explored in great detail and I thought the author missed an opportunity to delve into their thinking about having a father who's not their biological parent. Surely this must be troubling to them but it's left as an exercise to the reader to figure out. Once they discover the truth about their mother, I would think they'd have doubts about themselves but we'll never know.

Carmen's character is reasonably well-done. We grow to like her because she's determined, unafraid to work hard, and loving of her children. The author makes us care about what happens to her and it's nicely done.

When I step back for a moment and look at these people, I think I understand my general unease with them. They're too perfect. Gosh, nobody has any faults. They never get angry, they never do anything stupid, they're not jealous, they're not greedy. They have no flaws and thus they never screw up. I know it's a "feel good" story--I like "feel good" stories--but the absolute perfection of the characters is more than one can bear. Real people have foibles and quirks. These characters aren't real people.

Insofar as the plot goes, there's no real conflict to resolve because everyone is perfect. For example, Carmen isn't worried about the age difference with Dan because "love conquers all." Mandy thought so much of Carmen that she wanted her to the maid of honor at her wedding (btw, that was an oopsie since Carmen should be the matron of honor). Please.

The lack of conflict in the later chapters gives the story no narrative drive. See some of Daniellekitten's novels for tales that keep you on the edge of your seat. I read DG's story with some interest but not much because I already knew what was going to happen at the end. Annie, I suppose, is the story's impact character but the author disposes of her in chapter one so that literary element isn't used to good advantage.

As a "feel good" story with the holidays approaching, it's pretty good. Excellent fiction this is not. This 75's for you, DG Hear, for story told well. I thank you for your effort.

Blue88Blue88over 17 years ago
Nice work

DG, you're such a softy - thank goodness. You always leave a reader with warm feelings and you didn't disappoint with this one. Thanks for a story with quite a bit of feeling.

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 17 years ago
Another good DG story

Another wonderful mature romance.

Telling the kids of the DNA tests was some kind of therapeutic thing for Dad but it was totally not for the kids. It was a way at taking a shot at their adulterous mother. Hope Dad felt better that he brought this agony home to his unsuspecting kids. If it had been a medical situation then yes it would be of use but this was pay back on the bitch’s kids pure and simple. How much did he really love his two kids that weren’t his? Let those kids know I did it and you should be grateful.

It was very well done and great entertainment.

Thank you

PT

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Okay, so...

Alvaron53 had a good point. I call it talking “about” a story instead of “telling” the story. Essentially, DG takes long breaks from telling the story through dialogue and "live" action in favor of long sections itemizing things that have happened instead of taking us through those events “minute by minute.” What is left is a very bland, lackluster recital that leaves me wondering why DG bothered putting this together at all. Now, I know all writers do cover events that must occur “off stage” in a manner like this, but DG, old bean, you’re in love with it. Perhaps you can tighten the scope of your story; don’t try to cover so much time or so many events in a relatively short story.

The second point, referring to the lack of any real conflict, which must be resolved, is also valid. What you have left is just a newspaper article in Section C about an older man getting in a widow’s pants in the neighborhood. The only obstacle the protagonist must overcome is the widow’s desire to wait a while. Men have been marrying widowed/divorced women with children from the previous marriage for (millions?) of years. That, in itself, isn’t much of a story.

His kid’s objections, by the way, are normal, routine and not terribly interesting. The hero’s revelation to the two kids that they weren’t actually his biological children was, to me, contrived and forced. (In a real life situation, it would also have been unnecessarily cruel.)

DG, you could have made this a really, really good story by having the hero assist the widow in dealing with some infidelity of her own, for instance. How about this? Make the point you want to make more intense by dropping the widow thing. Maybe this woman is a divorcé torn between the older man, a former lover, and (what the heck) her ex-husband? See what I mean? You’re good, DG, but you could be a lot better.

DG HearDG Hearover 17 years agoAuthor
DG Hear

Hi all, Just a comment from me. I write what I feel. I use real life situations around me or people I know and make stories from that. Overcoming his children not being his own is a real coinsequence in a real world. Women trying to raise kids on their own is a real problem in a real world. Jealous kids, or older family members worried about their own inheratence is a real life problem. To those whould would see it differently, that's fine. Take this story and feel free to run with it and improve on it. I thank you all for taking the time to read my story, and commenting on it.

Sincerely

DG Hear

AmyfriendAmyfriendover 17 years ago
It brought tears to my eyes..

What a wonderful story..it brought tears to my eyes.

Well done.

Please try to ignore "Anonymous" that wants to suggest his/her own plots. Makes you wonder why they don't write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Awwww

Wonderful story with a great ending! Great Job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
why's everyone lying?

wife fucked for years --- (until the errr "rapist" former husband died from an accident: nice boyfriend, wasn't he? "I'm gonna make you idiotic, cuckhold of a husband rasie my bastard kid as his own," gosh, annies must have missed him so much over the year, "but I've come to love you more and more over the years," she said, tearfully! lol) ---- having had two kids by another man.

kept it silent and just kept on lovin' the nice husband, who said, "what you think I'm fuckin' dumb? how dumb do you take me to be?" VERY, VERY DUMB, dear beloved cuckhold hubby!!! lol

he, in turn, lied to the kids: "you beloved mother, gosh, I miss her SO MUCH! (sniff, sniff), she told me some years ago and we made peace and I accepted you two as my own. I miss her so much!!" lol

we usually LIE through our teeth, IF we think it'd make those we lie to feel better, right? the wife was merely lying to protect that "do the right thing" idiot of a husband! unfortunately, the AUTHOR created and then KILLED wife character within 3 short paragraphs! LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
a perfect romance story

DG Hear,

This is a sensitve, warm story, and cannot be anything but one of the best stories I have ever read. Thank you for giving us, the readers, this wonderful, human story.

RAG

zed0zed0over 17 years ago
I Love A Happy Ending

Thank God the cheating slut did the honorable thing and killed herself before Dan had a chance to "wimp out" and take her back.

SalamisSalamisover 17 years ago
Well done

This was a solid romance from start to finish. I thought that you used Carmen’s children exceptionally well, particularly Molly. That by itself is rare in most stories. Typically, the children are mere appendages in the storyline. Here they added another layer of depth in the developing romance.

With this story, as in The Tear by ufpe; there is a certain predictability of playing on the damsel in distress theme, yet you still left me as a reader both uplifted and satisfied. Thank you.

JoesephusJoesephusover 17 years ago
Real Life made into a good story

Reading one of DG's stories is like talking to an interesting neighbor. You hear a story of real life and generally things work for the best. That doesn't mean that life is easy or kind, but good folks generally make the best of what life throws their way.

Here you have a character who deals with his guilt in a healthy way and because he is trying to unselfishly help others, he gets helped. I know I'm young and some would say idealistic, but that's the way I see life. Unfair things happen, bad things happen to good people, life isn't fair, but life doesn't defeat the good ones.

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 17 years ago
Once again!

DG,

Another great slice of life! Your characters are real, your story lines are realistic, something always makes me think of a similar situation with a friend, relative, or myself, thats real!

Thanks again for a great read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Another fine effort and just at the right time

DG.

I see some criticism about the story and the characters as somehow being unrealistic. I disagree. Human kind reacts differently in various situations. We can only say what will happen based on our own experiences or foibles. You chose to tell your story through love and kindness and it is told at just the right time of the season. I will also add that is told in your usual splendid style. Thank You. Ronnie W.

comment_IDcomment_IDover 17 years ago
Excellent story

DG Hear, thank you for writing a captivating story. I enjoyed it from the beginning to the end. You really know how to weave real life situations into the fabric of a story-line.

gasperguy69gasperguy69over 17 years ago
this was great!

it actually had me feeling alittle choked up! i guess there is still some romantically foolish notions in this old coot yet!

PEATBOGPEATBOGover 17 years ago
Really first class!!

DG, thanks for giving us this heart warming tale! Reading one of your stories is like actually living it. You tell of life as it very often is and life is not always kind. DG, this was up to your usual high standard despite what some critics might say, however, I do agree that telling his children the results of the DNA tests, was simply a cheap shot and not necessary for the plot and certainly not in character with the humane and loving hero of the rest of the tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Surely

the idea for the first part of this story has been stolen from another author? I am certain I have read the kidney donor-not my son scenario somewhere else quite recently.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A Great Imperfect Story About Life InThe Warm Lane

I suppose it is part of the process to dissect to one's satisfaction or not.

I suppose it could be healthy to elaborate as to the why's something could be better.

All that I read and therefore know about this Author is that he writes imperfectly perfect about life and it's possible travails in a way that tells the story in a direct respectful manner about imperfect people stumbling through life as best as they can - in believable scenarios and words that are mundane to the scene and real people.

There are no 180's or character trait changes that pollute what preceded. Kind of a straight march to the sea with fallout as part of the reality process with mistakes we might make as wrong as they may be for some but right in the long term for most.

Author - you are appreciated and respected for your credible methods of expression. Don't change a thing.

With Very High Regard

MunachiMunachiover 17 years ago
a bit of mixed feelings...

... about parts of this story, but the overall result is very good, and an enjoyable read!

sacksackover 17 years ago
could be tightened a little....

and I'm not totally convinced you even need sex in this story at all. Nevertheless, expertly written, and one of your top ten efforts for Lit.!

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 17 years ago
Excellent work

I loved it. Like some others, I questioned the decision to tell the kids about the DNA results. However, Dan showed the same ambivalence and the mixed comments seem to indicate the lack of a common position. Seems the story is a pretty good reflection of real life. The only thing that bugged me was Dan finding a diamond the first time out. I would have found it more believable if Dan had done the 'holiday friend' routine once or twice, found out how much it meant to those he helped, realized how much his actions actually helped him, and then decided to do even more the next time. Other then that, all I can say is, thank you for sharing your talent and please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Excellent

Somehow you once again managed to bring tears to my eyes - but wait ... you did more: you gave me hope in love, hope that once I might find such a special someone.

Thank you and best wishes

Michael

tigertonytigertonyalmost 17 years ago
ANOTHER GREAT STORY

i guess im gonna have to go back to reading the cheating stories in loving wives, its not good for a fifty year old man to shed tears like this while reading stories on literotica. this could ruin my rep. thanks for another great story DG

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
FANTASTIC ! ! !

THANK YOU for such a wonderful, heart warming story. You really outdid yourself this time. Keep up the good work of keeping us entertained and once in a while touching our hearts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Wonderful love story!!

Wow!! Just a great ending after finding out the devastating news of what the first wife did... and then to keep on being a loving dad!!

bruce22bruce22over 15 years ago
Great romance

The cheating bit ends up being a plot device to disarm his older children and is buried under the details of relating to the future family. What I can not figure out is how I missed this the first time around. I have to go back and check all of the DG's stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Wonderful!

WONDERFUL!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
GreaT

Great chick flick, Deeg, really enjoyed it!

dangerouslydeaddangerouslydeadalmost 15 years ago
Any Hollywood producer here?

Please turn this into a beautiful Christmas movie (after removing the sex pat of the story). Wonderful. I am very touched by the character of Molly. Wonderful Story. One of your best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
DAMN!

I'm really glad I took the time to read this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Doing The Right Thing

great Story now you just need chapter 2 of Doing The Right Thing

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
have we lost this ability?

This is a beautiful story. You should feel better by helping others, not yourself.

bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
WOW!

Another fine story from a great writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

As always a great and thought provoking story from DG Hear. Thank god the wife had the decency to commit suicide so that the husband could move on with his life and meet a new woman.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 13 years ago
Followed a link had never seen this one! WOW

I really GREAT story with heart felt meaning of what can happen with helping others. I believe that was the true even if they hadn't 'hooked up' - he just wanted to help someone who needed and would appreciate the help.

Nicely written years ago but glad I got to enjoy it now well worth the time to read. Thank you for writing it and keeping it available. Much appreciated!

Socially_IneptSocially_Ineptalmost 13 years ago
Very nice.

I really liked this story.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
5 stars

Happiness helps others and sometime others help to happiness.

Excellent story.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
More exactly

To help others can give happiness and others can give happiness. I think this sentence is better for this story.

(Sorry)

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
EMOTIONS ALWAYS RAISES THE STARS

starting over again raises the spirits. TK U MLJ LV NV

jimdel1jimdel1over 12 years ago
ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you know, not very many couples know what true love is! sorry to say, they all look at hollywood romances!!! and how long do they last????

a word of advice to each marries couple is just a simple little thing............when you go home from work, always make sure the first thing you do is give your spouse a great big hug, kiss, and tell them how much you love them!!!! and do the same with the kid(s)!!!!!! DOING THE RIGHT THING!!!!!!!!

LegionsOfLiesLegionsOfLiesover 12 years ago
-_-

Dude is a freakin saint for how he explained his kids parentage to them. Anyway enjoyed the story keep up the great tales DG.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
perty cool

bill

thanks for your stories

RhomanovRhomanovabout 11 years ago
Great Feel Good Story

Sometimes you just read one of these 'cause it feels right.

Thx.

OldmarriedtarOldmarriedtaralmost 11 years ago
Different opinion.

I have NO sympathy for Dan. I saw no evidence of Dan ever loving Anne. He said he did but his action told a very different story. After being married for thirty year he did not think his wife might react the way she did or did he even care and he claims to have loved her? What was he doing for those thirty year? It appears he was not paying any attention to his wife. Infidelity seems to be the most devastating thing that can happen to a marriage. Indifference is by far more devastating to marriage. You can work around infidelity if you try and which you will do if you really love your spouse but indifference shows a total lack of caring.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatover 10 years ago
Sweet. Merry Christmas. Ho Ho Ho!

It's been some time since I commented on one of your stories, but this is another of the best in my books; and, yes, it belongs in the 'Romance' category... another '5'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wonderful

I love the stories you write, but this is your very best!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not a clock

Really good story. One trivial point. Big Ben is not a clock, it is the bell that strikes the hours.

jaybird8100jaybird8100about 10 years ago
a great story! please more like this!

thoroughly enjoyable with a special tear jerker ending! Thanks!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Loved it

A touching story. Thanks. Five stars.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Well - you hit all the buttons

Every emotion -

Love ( a lot) - hate, anger, joy, fear, greed, avarice, lust, jealousy, and all with loving caring people. You got stupidity, intelligence, carelessness, need, betrayal, redemption,

A hell of a story -

krosis666krosis666almost 10 years ago
Oh no, she died!

So obviously, ALL past misdeeds are forgiven! Even better, it's actually the husbands fault! She was a spiteful, decietful, cheating cunt, but because she was too much of a fucking coward to face the consequences, and killed herself, all must be forgiven, because lightning will strike us with vengeful force, if we speak ill of the worthless dead.

The slut probably asked in her will for the undertaker to fuck her worthless corpse, for old times sake!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
ANN KILLED HERSELF

THATS THE WAY I SEE IT SURE SHE MADE MISTAKES BUT WE ALL DO SHE SHOULD HAVE COME CLEAN ABOUT THE RAPE THE DAY IT HAPPENED BUT SHE TRIED TO HIDE EVERYTHING BUT TIME CATCHES UP EVEN THOUGH SHE HAD BEEN A GOOD WIFE FOR MOST OF THE 30 YEARS SHE DID CHEAT REATHER SHE WAS USED. I WONDER HOW MUCH LONGER IT WOULD HAVE GONE ON.

DAN FOUND OUT WHILE TRYING TO HELP HIS SON IT PULLED HIS HEART OUT AND HE WAS GOING TO DIVORCE ANN THAN SHE KILLED HERSELF NOT FOR HER BUT FOR DAN AND THERE CHILDREN THATS MY THOUGHTS ON IT NOT TAKING THE COWARDS WAY OUT AS ONE COMMENT SAID SHE WANTED TO PROTECT HER FAMILY.

I AGREE WITH DAN $24.00 FOR FOOD CLOTHING A PLACE TO LIVE I WISH I COULD GET BY ON THAT. SO HE FOUND CARMEN AND HER 3 CHILDREN AND THEY FELL IN LOVE SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT LOVE STORY TO ME AND SAYING NO WHEN DAN FIRST ASKED CARMEN TO MARRY HIM THEY NEEDED TIME SHE SAID .SHE WAS THINKING OF HIM AND HIS FAMILY A VERY SMART WOMAN.

RON

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 9 years ago
should have told the truth

He should have told them the truth about their mother.

Why protect her? She's dead.

Why make himself look bad in their eyes? He will be the one to live with that.

Tootight1Tootight1about 9 years ago
loved the story

nice job. the last part of the story, is a story in itself. what if??? I was fortunate to come from a close knit loving family, and free to engage my mind and actions. I understand that words and actions have consequences, and my siblings saw it happen. I wonder how things would have worked out had his wife not died.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Two Things

I agree he should have told his kids the truth about their mother.

You twice referred to the "wedding" ring. I believe it was an ENGAGEMENT ring.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
A PERSON DOES THE WRONG THING

pays the cost (expensive) but life goes on. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Sad yet good story

Annie killed herself to protect her children/family because she knew what it would do to them. She loved her husband but she was young and used. Carmen fell in love with Dan but she was older and more mature than Annie was when she was younger.

Ron

cowboyridecc@yahoo @ yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
In my mind The last scene

Dan is fading. He has had a good run, and no more hospitals.. He is home in his own bed. he slips away with a smile on his face. The bed is surrounded by ALL of his children. Molly is now a grown woman. Mike and Mark are married. Brad, Janice and Mandy are there and all hold each others hands as they circle the bed. Carmen lies on the bed next to him and holds him tight and kisses him as the light leaves his eyes. His smile is still on his face as she closes his eyes for the last time.

Great story.

JimC

Tootight1Tootight1over 7 years ago
good story

indeed it is. It could have been justifiably longer, but worked well. The emotional thought processes that transpired in his first wife's brains, and what led her to the accident, would have been welcomed. Can you get good fruit from a bad tree, yes, with the right fertilizer and the right care. The kids proved to be viable adults.

HighlandLaddieHighlandLaddieover 7 years ago
A GREAT STORY

but his first wife was a total slut whore having two kids by her lover...one can only think she deliberately drove over the cliff to end it all...but like he said to him he was their dad nothing changes that as they grew up with him....I like the idea of the tree and helping others....could see that being a good community project...so glad he found the family to take care then marry her despite his kids objections until he told then the truth....a nice little tale of unfolding love....

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticabout 7 years ago
A very great story

As my late brother-in-law said, "Children are not the ones who make them, they are the ones who raise them"

Of course, Annie was not a faithful wife at all, she cheated Dan for many years since the beginning of her marriage, only when Harvey passed was when she behaved like a wife.

I understand that Annie committed suicide to try to keep her children together with Dan and not to know about her affair.

Life gives you many surprises (as a song says), but it can also give you joy.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wet eyes

Thanks for a real tear jerker, I had to dry my eyes several times during the story .

It would be really nice if we could be like this to each other all the time and it is children that make the holidays wonderful

Buddy1945Buddy1945almost 7 years ago
He really got used

He would up raising children that he loved and thought along were his. His loving wife( yea,) yea right cheated on him and had two children by her lover and than she has the guts to say we have had a good thirty years and I came to love you so instead of facing her children and having to explain why her husband was divorcing her she took the cowards way out and took her own life. Karma can be a bitch and sooner or later you have to Pay the price for the things you do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
It's said

It's said that love conquers all. This story proves that saying in a five star way. He could have lived his life in hate and bitterness but he did the right thing and chose love. Great job.

detroitdave

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Outstanding!!

Thank you. Five *****. tom anon

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very good

Just a good story about people going through bad times, but it all comes ot good in the end. VERY VERY GOOD!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks for a well written tear jerker!

There's definitely a genre of male written love stories missing from many bookstore shelves!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyed it, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
great

The scum whore had enough integrity to kill herself at least. Glad this story ended on a high note. BUT...the kids would have to be fucking stupid to not figure out mommy dearest was a whore...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
NFW!

Me, I'd never ask her to marry mr again. She didn't answer yes the first time, there would not be a second time.

OldNewAuthorOldNewAuthorabout 5 years ago
Good read

Well done. This story pushes the reader to unconsciously evaluate what their emotions would be in a very difficult situation. Betrayal, abandonment with a huge secret, challenge from children, new love, and new family. I have read this several times and enjoyed it each time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Why

Why did Mandy ask Carmen to be her Maid of Honour and not her sister,and how could she pick June to get married without first checking with her father,who after all would be paying for it.?

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxalmost 5 years ago
Loved the story!

I read these stories for entertainment value and sometimes I get to read a story that can make me truly ponder life situations. This is one of those stories. Thank you so very much for a such gentle love story. I had a wonderful marriage (44 yrs.) to a wonderful woman. Now as a widower (72yrs old) I have often thought of how I could help a family in need. This is on my mind constantly. I have a house with just me and would love to have kids running around again. I am not looking for love just some satisfaction of knowing I helped someone getting along in life after a fall from a comfortable life, or maybe some family that never had a loving and comforting life. We never had grandkids from either of our children and that has left us with a big void in our lives. Now I am alone and could easily help out a family get back on their feet.

Some things I don't understand from some of the so called feedback commentators, some true vitriol and unwarranted bad comments about simple FREE stories written for an entertainment value and I suppose sometimes as simple life studies to inject thought about differences in life situations other people go through as daily struggles and such. Some of the comments make me wonder if the people actually read the story or are they so different in their respective though processes that they get a completely different spin on the same story others have read. Maybe that is why so many wars are always going on in the world and the difference between men and women. OH WELL, I LOVED this story. Thanks so much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Pity

Annie was such a poor human being. To marry to spite her boy friend and then to take up with him again and have a full blown affair for years, producing two children and foisting them on Dan as his!! What an immoral, deceitful whore. She couldn't face her decades long deceit when the secret was out, nor could she face her children. Hence the suicide. fortunate Dan found true love with Carmen.Five stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Made me break down and cry

This is a good old simple love story excellently told. It made this old retired cop cry.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Really Good Story

Enjoyed this very well written story. The cheating wife exposed right at the beginning and her demise, the arrival of a struggling single widowed mother and Dan's timely help. The story flowed very nicely, with plenty of emotion.5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not your best, not even close.

Publicly proposing at daughters reception a BIG no-no. It was Mandy's day !! And Carmen just scrapping by and has White Diamonds perfume? Whose mouth did that take food from? Story line okay but ending was known when the pastor gave him name and circumstances.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
...somewhat corny,...

...but very sweet. Thanks!

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 4 years ago
5☆

I loved the story. I found it again. 10-29-19 is when I read first. The bigging caused me heart ache. Divorce would have been enough.

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 4 years ago
3 x

I have read it 3 times and still have a hard time handling the begging. He was sort of an ass.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Disrespectful!

You don’t propose at someone else’s wedding. Stealing the limelight from the bride & groom. Just not done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Found this 5* Story and Read it Again After Many Years

I loved the flow of the story! He was a very forgiving person even though he was going to divorce his children’s mother. After that it was a very moving story of giving and eventually a true story of love. I hope author is still active and will add many more amazing stories of romance!

Baton Rouge Cajun Guy

Aussie1951Aussie1951over 3 years ago
Yes

Beautiful story.. Molly stole my heart. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Such lovely story, I wonder if Annie's accident was truly an accident or a suicide, I guess no one will ever know. But as the story evolves it is heart farming to see how Dan become involved with Carmen and her children and has that happily ever after. Well done, 5 stars!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not predictable but enjoyable. Liked it.

Mike the Irishman 🍀.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Why

Why would he have two bunk beds.?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

All I can write is that this is really a wonderful and beautiful story. Definitely a five star rating. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟👍👍👍👍👍

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5720 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

SIMILAR Stories