All Comments on 'Dominant Species Ch. 59-60'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
OddBall68OddBall68over 7 years ago

It's been a long 9 days since the last installment.

I wonder how many were in the detention center when the world changed?

(side note, people have left online reviews of the Missoula County Detention that are hilarious)

"Pleasant and inviting rooms"

"Clean rooms and friendly staff. Book in advance as it fills up on weekends."

Looks like they could find some jail birds with a sense of humor. LOL

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Oneover 7 years ago

Well done IMO. I kind figured Duane would be Candice's mate. I just hope he lives through what is about to happen in what promises to be one hell of a battle there. She marked now and I doubt she could lose another mate.

The only other thing I have is more a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moment. How in the hell do a bunch of crooks have a working helicopter?

OddBall68OddBall68over 7 years ago

The_Crazy_One,

Think about who has the most helicopters and who would have been the most equipped to survival an earth ending event. Their emergence could be both good and bad.

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Oneover 7 years ago

OddBall68,

I know we have more than a few helicopters in the states. But finding a working one? Let alone someone to fly it? Unless its an early helicopter, say a Bell 47, then most of these helicopters shouldn't be flying as the stuff needed to make them fly got toasted by the solar flare.

Still I have seen stranger stuff and the US Military does like their stuff harden against EMP so it might be possible.

But I still like to know how the battle with the gang when. We know Silvia's family is ok now, but what of the gang who ran the town. ANd where was that helicopter going. Because having working air travel now is going to be a huge edge.

I want more!

OddBall68OddBall68over 7 years ago

The_Crazy_One,

Military helicopters would be the ones hardened the most and thusly the most likely to be flyable. Not impossible that there was a chopper somewhere in town (hospital maybe) but I don't know if life flights are electronically hardened. Then you also need a pilot. Odds are against all that lining up. Not impossible but not likely either.

Working aircraft is a huge edge, but who's edge is it? I have my guess but i'll have to wait and see.

The battle against the gang(s) has yet to happen so we wait. I do worry that the bold move without prior recon could backfire. We didn't exactly charge into bagdad blind. The numbers, equipment and capabilities of the opposition are unknown at this point.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

So many different sites, alternating between each other. Add 3 Alphas, and which weres are in which packs at the moment. I am pondering have I missed something or is there a mistake in some places. It is possible that it's just me, but I think the things could be emphasised a bit more. Repeting who's where and under whose command.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES