Don't Look Like a Seal Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

With that, I tossed my towel over my shoulder and headed toward the house leaving her to watch me depart.

"I hope so too," She whispered to herself.

I turned back toward her and her face flushed slightly at the thought that I overheard her comment. I had but I knew better than to let on that I did. Instead, I smiled at her and gave her a nod.

"And Michelle," I stated. "Thanks for keeping my secret."

She smiled that amazing smile of hers and gave me a nod before the walked down to the incoming tide.

****

I had just finished my shower when I heard someone climbing up the stairs. I tugged on a pair of jeans, glanced at my pistol on my nightstand but thought better of grabbing it in case it was Karly popping in for another chat. I did grab a shirt and started to button it as I started down the stairs. Alex was at the base of the stairs but hadn't started climbing yet.

"Look who made it in before ten a.m," I said with a grin.

"Well you got me thinking that I should spend more time here," He answered as he walked back into the open area.

"I don't think I can take any credit for that," I said. "You, my friend, also have a weakness and her name is Addison Voss."

"I told you that there's nothing's going on there," He stated as he shook his head.

"Yet," I added. "There's nothing going on there yet, Alex," I told him.

He ignored me by looking over the nearby weight bench.

"So how was your first night?" He asked.

"Could have been better. Could have been worse," I answered. "I will tell you that I know every inch of fencing around this whole place."

"Cassidy, had you walking the perimeter last night huh? Don't worry about having to do that the whole time you're here. We rotate duties among my guys at least," He assured me.

"Just like at the embassies," I nodded. "Joe mentioned that last night."

"Not much to do around here at night but get brought up to speed I suppose," He commented. "Little early for a swim isn't it?"

"I worked all night so technically it would be a little late for a swim for me," I said. "I think I met the blonde you were talking about before, out on the beach. Great smile, amazing blue eyes, really witty and sweet."

"I uh... wasn't exactly paying attention to her face, Ken," He shared.

"And that ladies and gentlemen is why Alex Kortesis hasn't found a woman to settle down with," I announced.

"Oh fuck you! Like you focused on her face with her in a bathing suit," He countered.

"Blue eyes, a little sprinkling of freckles across the bridge of her nose and the left side of her mouth lifts first when she smiles," I stated with a smirk.

"You always were the one with the details, Ken," He commented and shook his head. "Little sprinkling of freckles huh? Just on her nose or were they... elsewhere?"

"At least I noticed they were above her neckline, Alex," I sighed. "I had a nice conversation with her and I'm honestly hoping to get a chance to have a few more with her. She's very sweet."

"Maybe you met someone else then because the blonde I met wasn't wearing glasses and definitely wasn't talkative. She barely said two words anytime I asked her a question," He stated. "Lissa introduced us but I forgot what her name is... something with an M... Micayla, Micheline, Madison?"

"Michelle maybe," I prompted with a smile but he shook his head.

"Come on, Ken," He said. "We've got an Addison, a Lissa and a Karly with a K do you really think we're going to have someone with a mundane name like Michelle?"

"Well the Michelle that I met was anything but mundane," I shared.

"I know that look," He grinned.

"What look?" I asked.

"The one that tells me that you're interested in this woman," He said.

"I thought I was making it pretty obvious that I'm interested in her but I don't have a look," I protested.

"You have a look," He assured me. "You asked her out right?"

"Dude I'm working and for you for that matter. It'd be pretty unprofessional of me to do that with one of Addison's friends wouldn't it?" I asked him.

"If she's into you then I say go for it," Alex stated. "What's the worst that could happen?"

"She could seduce me for a story then stab me in the back when she got what she wanted," I stated. "Ring any bells?"

"Alarm bells yes, but every woman you meet isn't Kris. You gotta let that go, man," He told me.

"Maybe," I sighed. "She... Michelle mentioned that she was in college. College, Alex. I'm too old for her."

"Yeah cause you're a fossil," He commented. "Addison is, what, about three years younger than us give or take?"

"You'd know that better than me. I'm sure that you researched her extensively," I grinned. "You can probably tell me what position she likes to sleep in by now."

"Point is," He said ignoring me again. "We aren't that much older than them. She's not a freshman in college is she?"

"She said that she was finishing up her degree in Marine biology and..." I answered then regretted that I did a minute later.

"Does she need some one on one time with a seal to complete her degree?" Alex chuckled.

"Alex, do you need anything else cause I just came off my first shift and my swim did it's job so I can really use some shut-eye," I told him.

"Fine," He sighed. "I just wanted you to know that the Voss' have this party planned for two nights from now and it's a black tie so you'll need a suit to work it."

"Is that really the best idea?" I asked. "I mean a party means a lot of people coming in and out of here. The construction was stopped for that very reason and now there's a party."

"The party is a fundraiser for Mrs. Voss' charity and it was planned well before all this happened. It can't be changed. I tried. We're just going to have to grin and bear it in the hopes that nothing goes wrong."

"Hope huh?" I shook my head.

"There's no canceling the thing," Alex restated. "I've already tilted at that particular windmill."

"I hear you," I tell him. "Better make sure that the safe rooms are stocked up."

"Already done," He answered. "I'm doubling up security for the event and I'm running a drill every shift to see how fast they can get to one of the safe rooms."

"I'll wear my running shoes then," I pointed out.

"I guess I should let you get some sleep but I'll be around today at least until your shift starts," He told me. "You need to rest if since I'm going to make that old creaky body of yours run."

"You're still not the funny one, Alex," I told him. "I'll see about getting a suit."

"Don't forget. Cassidy will probably have you parking cars or something if you do," He instructed me.

"He'll probably do that anyway," I shared. "The guy doesn't like me much."

"You do have that effect on some people," he chuckled as he was leaving.

I went back upstairs then went around and closed all the blinds trying to make the room as dark as possible. I paused at the last window, the one that overlooked the beach beyond and smiled to myself.

"Not on all people," I thought as I closed it, stripped down and crawled into bed.

****

"I'm such an idiot!" Michelle stated to Addison and Karly as she paced around Addison's room.

After her swim, she had gone to Addison to find out more about the guy on the beach. She wasn't thrilled with herself when Addison explained who he was.

"He must think I'm just the stupidest person he's ever met," Michelle sighed. "I may be the stupidest person he's met."

"No you aren't," Addison assured her. "You're just blonde and that's excusable."

"Not helping Addison," Michelle complained.

"He's a pretty cool guy. I'm sure he doesn't think you're an idiot or that you're stupid, Michelle," Karly stated as she got to her feet and stopped Michelle from pacing. "Now sit before you wear a hole in the floor."

"I told him not to look like a seal and he was a SEAL, Karly! How does that not make me look like an idiot?" She asked as she sat on the bed.

"Because he didn't introduce himself as Kenny the Seal did he?" Karly asked with a grin.

"And you're blonde like I said. How would you know if he's cool or not, Karly?" Addison asked her sister. "You stormed off before you even met him."

"We had a chat later," Karly stated but didn't elaborate.

"I should go apologize to him," Michelle stated and got back onto her feet.

Karly stopped her and sat her back on the bed when Addison chimed in again.

"For what?" She asked. "Not knowing that he's friends with Scott? How were you supposed to know? Besides, I don't see what the big deal is? He's a security guard and that's like two steps up from a mall cop so who cares what he thinks anyway?" Addison asked as she plucked a nail file from her bedside table and started to file her nails.

"I do for one," Michelle stated.

"I just don't understand why you're so bent out of shape over this guy you just met, Michelle," Addison commented.

"I'm not bent out of shape," Michelle defended. "I'm just... it's just... I don't know what it is right now."

"It's out of character for you that's for sure. I mean Michelle you talked to a guy by yourself," Addison pointed out. "I don't know if I should alert the media or take you to the hospital to get checked out!"

"I've talked to guys before, Addison," Michelle complained.

"Uh huh and how many times do you initiate the conversation like you did this morning?" Addison countered.

"I don't... that's not the point," Michelle stated. "The point is I owe him an apology for the way I acted."

"No, you don't," Karly chimed in. "I'm telling you guys that Kenny is cool. He probably even likes you, Michelle. It certainly sounds to me like he's at least interested in you."

"How would you know if a guy is interested or not and why are you calling him Kenny?" Addison asked.

"She treats me like I'm still five at times," Karly said to Michelle. "I call him Kenny because that's his name. He calls me Red so I need to think up some kind nickname for him. Michelle, do SEAL's have nicknames or such?"

"I don't know, Karly, you'd have to ask Lissa about that one," Michelle told her.

"Froggies," Addison called out. "I think I saw that in a movie once."

"And she calls you blonde," Karly giggled and was glared at by her older sister.

"I think that you're thinking of frogmen, Addison and I don't think that applies to Seals," Michelle said.

"I could call him Kermit. Like in Kermit the frog," Karly suggested.

"That's cute but he doesn't really look like a Kermit does he, Karly?" Michelle asked.

"No, not really but then sexy eyes doesn't really work as a nickname does it?" Karly asked.

"Karly!" Michelle and Addison both shouted.

"What? I'd have said ass, but I didn't want to freak anyone out by stating that he obviously has a nice one," Karly said.

Addison again yelled her sister's name but Michelle blushed then giggled.

"Now who's not helping Michelle?" Addison asked.

"Well, she has a point. About his eyes I mean not his... rear. Maybe he does but I didn't look," Michelle stammered.

"Oh you are so busted, Michelle," Karly shouted then started laughing as Michelle turned redder. "You looked at his butt!

"Not intentionally!" Michelle argued. "I may have glanced when he walked away but we..."

Addison started to giggle and Michelle silenced her with a glance.

"We were still chatting so I can't be blamed," She finished.

"It's very nice right?" Karly giggled.

"Addison, help me out here," Michelle said.

"Oh no, I'm not getting involved in this. You made your bed Michelle, now you have to lie in it," Addison told her with a wicked grin.

"With Kenny," Karly giggled.

Michelle shook her head then looked to Addison for help.

"Addison, please," She begged.

"Oh all right," Addison sighed. "Karly, enough teasing. Treat your pretend sister nice and, Michelle, I think this guy sounds too dangerous to be left alone with either of you. There's no telling what could happen."

"I'm always nice to my pretend big sis," Karly said. "Seriously, Michelle, don't worry about apologizing to him. If he treats you like you're dumb or something just tell me and I'll set him straight for you."

Michelle smiled and hugged the younger girl.

"I think I can handle it, Karly, but thank you," she said. "I love you, little sis!"

"And I love you too, big sis!" Karly said and hugged her back.

"And what about me?" Addison asked.

"I love you too," Michelle replied.

"I tolerate your existence," Karly stated then started laughing.

Michelle fought a valiant battle but lost it and started laughing along with her. Addison stuck her tongue out at them then joined in with the laughter.

****

After her conversation with Addison and Karly, Michelle had felt better. Confused but better.

"I can't believe I was flirting with him like that. Did I not just tell Lissa that I wasn't in the market for a guy right now? It wasn't really flirting, I was just being nice, that's right, I was just being nice. It's just a coincidence that he happens to be a guy. An attractive guy but that doesn't mean I'm attracted to him right? No of course not, you just happened to open your mouth and start talking to him like you knew him. That doesn't mean that you're attracted to him except for the fact that you definitely checked him out and you liked what you saw. Argh!" She told herself then sighed as she found a parking spot in the hospital's parking garage.

She parked, got out and started to walk toward the hospital's entrance. When she arrived in the ICU Lissa was nowhere in sight so Michelle grabbed a month old magazine and took a seat to wait. While she flipped through the pages she wasn't paying attention to anything on them. Instead, she looked around the waiting room at the people gathered there. All around her sat families awaiting word about their loved ones. A husband waited to hear about his wife. A mother with tears in her eyes while the doctor updated her on her daughter's condition. It was a room filled with hope and hopelessness at the same time. Lissa exited the patient area with T. J. whom she'd met here the other day. She gave them a little wave then stood and hugged Lissa.

"What are you doing here? I figured you'd have had enough of these uncomfortable chairs," Lissa asked.

"Like I would ever let you go through this on your own, Lis," Michelle told her. "Do you need anything?"

"You being here with me is plenty, Michelle," Lissa told her.

"You've got Mr. Vincent here too, Lis," Michelle pointed out.

"Please call me T. J.," He said. "Mr. Vincent is what my instructors used to yell at me anytime I screwed up."

"Okay, T. J.," Michelle nodded then turned to Lissa. "What are the doctors saying about Scott today?"

"Mostly the same stuff," She sighed.

"I'm sorry Lis," Michelle said as she reached over and rubbed her friend's shoulder for support. "No news is good news right?"

"I don't know," Lissa sighed. "This morning the doctors said that the longer he stays in a coma the less likely he is to come out of it. It's been two days and I'm getting really scared, Michelle."

Lissa started to tear up and Michelle pulled her into her arms. T. J. laid comforting hands on both of their shoulders as Ramon returned from the cafeteria.

"What happened?" He asked worriedly.

"Nothing's happened. That's sort of the problem," T. J. explained to him what the doctors told Lissa.

Ramon knelt down in front of where Lissa was seated and patted her knee.

"You want I should go back there and give him a kick in his rear for ya? That'll get him up and moving," Ramon suggested.

"Man, you're little ass-kicking him would be like a gnat biting him," T. J. joked. "Now if I go and put my size fourteen's against his rear he will most certainly snap to."

"No kicking, Scottie," Lissa told them as she wiped her eyes.

"I might have an alternative suggestion that doesn't require physical abuse," Michelle said then pulled Lissa closer to her so she could whisper it in her ear.

She related her idea and tried not to blush.

"Michelle!" Lissa said louder than she intended then whispered. "I didn't know that you thought like that!"

"Will it work it or won't it?" Michelle contended as she flushed red.

"I might get thrown out of the hospital if I do that!" She said which piqued both Ramon and T. J.'s interest.

"Do what exactly?" Ramon smiled.

"I can't even repeat it," Lissa said which made Michelle blush even more.

"I meant that you should suggest it not do... it," Michelle clarified.

"Oh... oh shit," Ramon whispered while T. J. stared at Michelle with a new found respect.

"Oh duh," Lissa exclaimed. "For a second there I thought you'd completely lost your mind, Michelle!"

"Not my mind, just my dignity," Michelle sighed. "Look I was reading an article online last night at Addison's and it said that it had been tried with some coma patients with some surprising results."

"I think you were on a porn site and not a medical one but, hey I'll try anything once," She stated then looks at Ramon "Don't you get any ideas, Ramon."

"Busted," T. J. chuckled.

"I'm going to try your idea, Michelle, but if I get thrown out of here I expect you to sneak me back in," Lissa told her.

"Don't worry about a thing, Lis," T. J. assured her. "We get Alex and Ken in here along with me and we'd have you in Scottie's room in five minutes. Ten if we brought along Ramon. Dude would be hitting on nurse after nurse which would slow us down."

"Just because I like cute nurses is no reason to think I'd dawdle on a mission. Ken would bust my chops if I ever did that," Ramon said.

"He sure would. After you got her number, of course," T. J. laughed.

Michelle almost asked for more information about Ken as they called him but decided that now wasn't the time. She decided instead to keep quiet and keep listening. Across the room, a lone man got to his feet and walked toward the hallway leading back to the main part of the hospital. He pulled out his cell phone and dialed a number.

"Make it quick," a voice hissed in answer to the ring.

"He's still in the coma but he's got visitors," The man said.

"They aren't anything to worry about," the person on the other end answered.

"He's got a guard at his door at all times and a pair of his friends are here at almost all times," The man shared. "Ex-military by the look of them."

"More of them? I guess I should have expected..." the voice trailed off.

"I can probably get back to his room if I wanted and make sure he doesn't wake up and get chatty," The man suggested.

"No," the person said. "Continue to observe but nothing further. I'll call in a favor and have a local swing by and do it so we can't be connected to this."

"I can handle it," The man protested.

"There's too much at stake!" the person exclaimed. "Follow my fucking orders and do nothing more. Is that understood?"

"Under-fucking-stood," The man grumbled. "I'll keep eyes on and alert you to any changes."

* * *

I woke up gradually and checked my watch. I had been asleep for nearly eight hours.

"I guess the swim helped," I thought and noticed that the room was darker than it should be for mid-afternoon.

I looked outside and saw that some dark clouds were rolling in from the East and that a light rain had started to fall. I popped in my earbud for an update and Joe was talking only a few moments later.

"There he is," Joe greeted me. "I was sure that I would have seen you pop up a few hours ago."

"Yeah, I took a swim after my shift," I shared. "I guess that it worked better than usual."

"Better you than me. Oceans creep me out," Joe admitted. "Did you need anything, boss?"

"Just wanted to check in and see if I slept through anything important," I told him.

"Not much," He answered. "Mr. Voss went into the office today so that caused a huge shift in the protection detail. It worked out fine and he's back now. Mrs. Voss and both daughters stayed home at least and took turns lounging by the pool. There's a weather alert for this afternoon and into tonight so I'm having the generators topped up and tested just in case."

1...34567...9