All Comments on 'Double Helix Ch. 18'

by FelHarper

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
jlmnjlmnover 5 years ago
That's a heck of a cliffhanger

Is she a plant? Did she somehow revert the revert? Exciting times ahead by the look of it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Okaaaay... was NOT expecting that.

Having a difficult time figuring out where in the world this is headed. They have nonchalantly found a cure for Alzheimers; in the process, emplementing a 'Fountain of Youth'.

Now, they are working on a fix/workaround for The Rot.

When they figure that out, I'm stumped how their ork is discovered, and at the same time they are not discovered by the Govt.

Oh, BTW, pouring concrete would have been a bitch at the time of the year, they built the lab. The freezing weather would have a PITA at that time of the year.

Another 'close to home' for me. The cast concrete components for the lab would have come from right down the road the Harrisburg plant owned by my fiancé's family.

But, this is an alternate reality... mebbe she didn't die in this one, and I would now be the third son in Morse Bros' second generation of ownership. In a no death of Jody, my life wouldn't have taken the direction it did, I would have been able to go into politics, have the family wealth and connections for backing. and take down the corrupt McCain govt.

Boy, that's a thought I never allowed myself to think through. Haven't been able to allow myself the 'What if Jody hadn't died' thought experiment. Going places like that is what makes bitter people; I've done all I could to avoid it.

GeoD

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFelHarper@FelHarper
12/12 Update: Double Helix 24 is moving along. It’s one of those chapters where I’ve had to rewrite several times for everything to make sense. Sometimes the plot flows like a river. This is one of those times where it hacks and slashes like a gory horror flick. I’ll get there...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES