All Comments on 'Double Helix Ch. 19'

by FelHarper

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
cmsheaffcmsheaffover 5 years ago
Fabulous story

Thank you for resuming this story. Great twists and turns.

SensitiveHandsSensitiveHandsover 5 years ago
Thank you for another chapter so quickly!

I'm a little worried about Gena. It seems to convenient that she has shown up. It seems inconceivable that the government doesnt know about them and the farm. The hack on the darknet and now Gena. I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Great story. I'm glad your back to writing it.

Hubbys_PrincessHubbys_Princessover 5 years ago
Fantastic

Thank you so much for the latest chapter! I knew Gena was thinking she might get nissi to undo the revert if she can. It was what I had been thinking as we saw Nonnas progress. If they can un-do the reverts and start increasing the g-mod populous again slowly... could possibly even upgrade norms? I would imagine there are still people In their world with money who would pay for the upgrade especially if they can do it without the built In g-mod markers... could they possibly even find a way to rewrite the dna in g-mods to remove the markers from them? Soo much to think about!

KJay15KJay15over 5 years ago
Not too keen

Didn't really like the fact that nonna suddenly becomes some kind of action woman, taking charge and demanding a rescue of her daughter, the story took a very sudden turn from survival and being stealthy to let's raid a prisoner transport with fireteams and ex military personnel, 2*

Moralez18PTMoralez18PTover 5 years ago
Long rant ahead

First let me start by saying that I've been giving you consistent 5's for a few years.

I'm loving the story and especially the world building, but I have to say that I'm starting to hate the romance.

The triangle between Norm, Tilly and Nissi is completely derailing my enjoyment.

I can't understand how he can accept basically wife-sharing with Nissi, after all the grief and heartache he went through while trying to resist Tilly.

Something's going to break before long and it's frankly hurting the story, in my opinion.

On the one hand, is there really love between Tilly and Nissi? Or is it just what Tilly analysed that Nissi needed? The fact that not much else happened seems to support this. If so, how long until more "wounded birds" show up needing some Tilly-loving?

I don't see this turning into a harem/poly type of thing, specially since Nissi apparently "broke inside" with the betrayal. She quit her music and was a moping mess for quite a while.

The Stan / Stansy thing felt a bit rushed as well, going from "together but not admitting" to "common-law husband" without any fanfare. Seemed to me it would gain from a bit more attention.

Keep in mind, the reason why these points worry me is that you've done a fenomenal job getting us to care about these people. The world-building is top notch, the "reality" is extremely believable. Even the technobabble sounds real, which is much more difficult than people think.

I for one didn't think that Nonna's recovery sounds exaggerated. We've seen hints of her militant background in the way she handled herself in the earlier chapters.

Also, Sasha's values show what kind of person raised her.

To finish, it's good to see Nock finally getting some happiness, but everyone is waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's gonna hurt like a bitch when Gena she betrays everyone. I'm not sure how he's going to survive that with his sanity intact.

romanwajdenfelerromanwajdenfeler9 months ago
Shame

What a dissapointment this story turned into. You just simply put too mamy eggs in one basket. Loved first ten chapters, love the setting and your writing, but I came to hate the romance and all that unnecessary drama around it. And everything just comes to them way too easily - feels like we are just going through checkpoints at this pointy.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFelHarper@FelHarper
12/12 Update: Double Helix 24 is moving along. It’s one of those chapters where I’ve had to rewrite several times for everything to make sense. Sometimes the plot flows like a river. This is one of those times where it hacks and slashes like a gory horror flick. I’ll get there...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES