All Comments on 'Dream Drive Ch. 07'

by Over_Red

Sort by:
  • 88 Comments
ms904191ms904191over 9 years ago
great

Loved every bit of the chapter

cittrancittranover 9 years ago
5*'ed immediately, as I've already read the .pdf

And now back to waiting for another chapter of one of my top author picks to come out, whilst I sit here, procrastinating the work I should be doing...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This story is awesome

cannot believe how good it is. Totally worth the wait. Very much looking forward to seeing the next chapter sometime near the end of January. Please don't stop.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Its finally here ^0^

Niiice

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
So glad to see more of this story!

Thank you for taking the time to continue one of my favorite gems on this site. I look forward to seeing your wonderful story continue.

stormblessedstormblessedover 9 years ago
***** Totally Loved It *****

Loved every bit of it, now back to waiting for the next chapter, each chapter is worth waiting for but still i wish i don't have to wait so much for the next chapter. Have been waiting for this chapter to publish on literotica to give it 5 stars since the moment I recieved and read the pdf.

P.S Over_Red you Rock !!! And thanks for sending the pdf early. ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I dread waiting for the next chapter. It will feel like ages. .__.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow

A very awesome chapter, godspeed to you in finishing up ch8 :)

carmon355carmon355over 9 years ago
Awesome!!

Been said before but I can't wait for the next chapter. Each chapter that comes out is very good. People read this series!!!! You are getting a book that should be published for free.. Also check out his book contractor on Amazon. Com... http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MQED6EA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1420825210&sr=8-1

And yes it is worth the money!

BlazingSpiritBlazingSpiritover 9 years ago
Incredible yet again

So far, this has been the singularly best written story I've read here on literotica. This chapter has once again refreshed that feeling. The character development, the battle scenes, even the gaming ideas show a lot of thought. Even though there's a noticeable lack of sex, it's still a good chapter, though it almost seems like it's mostly preparing for the next chapter. All I can say is excellent job, can't wait for the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Amazing as usual

Love every moment of reading! And as usual so disappointed as the chapter comes to a close.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent

I very much enjoyed this chapter - keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Worth the read

The latest work, and indeed the whole series has been fantastic. Totally worth the read - Thanks Over_Red

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
FINALLY

so friggin good. Keep up the work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
And now the wait begins again...

This story gets better and better. I wonder how Charle's leg will hold up in ISIS?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
the story

The journey that your showing us and the people your introducing is simple amazing. Keep up the good work! Cheers

bypassbypassover 9 years ago
great read

Great work enjoyed it very much

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Dream Drive

Really great story that keeps me waiting impatiently for the new chapters.

WanderingLost42WanderingLost42over 9 years ago
Fantastic series!

This series is the best thing on this site. I would buy a book of this when it gets finished.

And while I would love the chapters to come out quicker, this was definitely worth the wait!

Keep up the good work and please don't quit on us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Starting a cult.

I have contacted the author and it has been approved.

From this moment forward refer to his excellence as High Priest Over_Red.

I shall be returning to the first passage of his worldly tome to find the rites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

epic once again keep it up, the best since intrepid fate and possibly better. and definitely more reliable

SarnlestSarnlestover 9 years ago
Worth the Wait

I have been checking several times a day for more than a month now to see if this chapter had been posted. Definitely worth the wait. Amazing story, great characters, and great writing. The story has been set up to potentially become an extremely long epic, and I would love to read it through. Over_Red, please, however you do it, please carry through with this story until its end. Keep writing, I eagerly await all future chapters.

OzkiwiOzkiwiover 9 years ago
Simply Brillig

Wonderfully sublime write well worth the wait. Some of the best writing I have had the pleasure to read.

Mal

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Just wow

My words cant even express, thank you for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
RE: Starting a Cult

All Hail the High Priest Over_Red.

That is all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
5/5 as always...

But you're killing me with these cliffhangers. I feel like an addict, I need more. Now.

Can't wait to see where the rest of the story heads, I only hope that you continue with it for a looong time.

sftspokenloudlyherdsftspokenloudlyherdover 9 years ago
okay, thanks

I waited patiently to finish reading all of the chapters so far before commenting, just to say this story is awesomesauce and one of my favorite series on the site in a long time. Reminds me a lot of the Play to Live books by D. Runs, but with your own unique spin on LITRPG. Great work, eagerly awaiting your next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
chapter 8

thanks for posting chapter 7. now just work on ch8 m8, it will be gr8, i will share it with my m8's and will r8 8/8. can you tell im excited?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
god damn it

i hate the fact that this chapter is allready over i would love to have chapter 8 right now :) great work!

artharasartharasover 9 years ago
Again Great Story

Well you took up time to post this Chapter but It was worth it. Well out of excitement please write the next one faster.

The story Seems to setting up For very good climax and Making Us hungry and excited for more. In your mail you informed Us about to write this Chapter to 10-11 chapter when this whole sums up as 1 single book which I sure we all would buy.But you also told that you where planning to stop and concentrate on your other book too. So please keep us update with your future Plan as we always seems to check for your updates, That will at least keep us in check where have you reached, when are you writing . So just post updates too in your bio page or mail us just to info Us that act as water to fire .

P.S: Hope you get more holidays and write more hahaha...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Freaking Awesome!

I'm can't wait for the next chapter. Great theme, great characters and a wickedly awesome plot line.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Damn it damn it damn it damn it God freaking damn it

Ahhhh this is torturous, the wait is so long, the plot is so good, and every single freaking chapter has me begging to learn more!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
fantabulous

As always, entirely gripping. Read the whole chapter in one sitting. Now the worst part is the long wait for ch8.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
movie vs book?

This is turning more and more into a teenage hollywood movie than a deep fantasy novel. I wish there was more detail on the people and less on explosions and bantering.

MaximguyMaximguyover 9 years ago
Gave it a 5.

But the whole Greg and Julia parts just make me mad. Take Greg. They go to cut his nuts off. He's got the boss in his hands and he thinks he's just going to walk away! Now, even though he doesn't know what we know about Ransfield, I guarantee anyone ordering my balls cut off dies. Fast.

The Julia part annoys me because Emil has to know this whole thing would get abused. If not by gamers, who are always looking for an advantage, but by the government or worse. Yet apparently he has zero plans for this. In fact, he's unleashing 5000 or more people into this world, 4500 are most likely the type to set themselves up as kings. And with what this game does, the military and people like Ransfield would surely abuse it in the main world.

I hope we find out he's planned for all this, because otherwise, I'll just continue being annoyed, and my interest level will quickly drop. Which would be sad because I like the characters, the politics, the world, etc....

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Great story, hate the wait though, but keep up the good work. On a side note if you stop writing it because you start getting paid for writing, notify us readers. I'm happy to pay for a great story if I can find it. A lot of the best authors here just disappear.

DarkPulseDarkPulseover 9 years ago
More intrigue, but more danger

Charles accessing isis, traitors to the tribes, the imminent attack, the demon city, Rachel's escape attempt, the next chapter will be intense, I'm sure of it. But do Charles and Hale get their what-fer? So many emotions tied up in this, so many antagonists to kill and so much tension! It's killing me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Make it a book

This is so good. If you took out some of the sex scenes and made it more romance then sex you could easily publish it as a real book. It would expand your audience so much. Just a thought. Great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Worth the Wait

Glad you are back to writing. Contractor was a great way to pass the time but now I am waiting for the next book.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
Plot beats the hell out of sex!

You're one of the few reasons I haven't left this site for good.

ClanatClanatover 9 years ago
Made my day

I've been looking forward to this update for months now. Such a good read! Please keep it up!

SynapsisSynapsisover 9 years ago
God, I hate Charles

You have accomplished a great feat in making me hate Charles even more than previous chapters. I so hope that his utter and complete demise is in the storyline. If not, I may throw my something across the room in frustration. Keep up the great writing.

pariah001pariah001over 9 years ago
Great

Now this is a piece of literature I can get behind! Great job with everything. I greatly dislike Charles so much I just skip his parts really. Hope to see more of this great series soon!!! Definite 5 Star rating!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Love it

I just love the idea of this world

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great Read!

I also have been waiting in anticipation! Great plot and story! This would be a novel I'd buy! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
excellent

Please please please, i need more, one of the best i have seen on lit in a long while

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Brilliant Literature

Ok I too hatell Charles but this story reminds me so much of the chronicles of Thomas Covenant in its feel that I will read the Charles sections because I can see him becoming so integral to the story that I fear missing out on future twists of the storyline because I didn't read everything

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Superb

I've read countless books, light novels and fanfictions concerning virtual reality games and this, this is easily among the best of them.

I strongly encourage you to post this in more places like japtem, royalroadl, fanfiction.net, webfiction etc... It will get a lot more attention from a crowd that is always hungry for new and amazing stories like yours so please, spread it around.

Cheers

Moskatero

mbergs55mbergs55over 9 years ago
ShadowMaster

ShadowMaster once again you are a genius

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
To all who enjoy.

To all who enjoy Over_Reds work here is a Quest that he ran a while back. Kind of like an interactive story where the readers decide what happens. A little different but it is still his glorious work.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=shadow,quest

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Bloody great!!!!

i have start to only read longer stories for over a year now due to. wanting to read about characters evolving THIS STORY is marvelous, the nos of pages per submission overwhelming, keep it up as I'm now hang out for the next release

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Awesome

Dear Mr Over Red,

As usually the story was awesome, faantastic and toooo Good.

You really have a nice Fan following and i just wanted to add my self to the list.

I have been waiting patiently, then frustratingly waited some more and then gave up. Its uncommon for someone like me to want to wait so desperately.

I already said in my previous comments that i wanted more focus on the GAME rather than Charles... GOD i late him. and this proved to be just the perfect balance. This IS A GREAT STORY. Keep up the good work and DO , please please do try to update more frequently. although this was also definitely wort the wait and the countless times i might have refreshed the page to Chapter 7 across my daily visits to the site.

A Fan.

raghu54

sdg1sdg1over 9 years ago
Amazing

Just powered through the whole series to date in a little over 24 hours (much to the detriment to the rest of my mundane existence)... This is my first comment on anything after lurking on this site for nearly 2 years..

There are some stunningly talented authors on this site and this story alone puts you in the same class as any other that can be mentioned..

Just purchased your book off of Amazon to tide me over part of the way to the next chapter..

iknowwhatiknowwhatover 9 years ago
Great! but..

Charles is taking up too much time and space. I actually skipped the second part of him. He was going to attack the place, have some trouble doing it and then get it in the end. Did I nail that? The main story line is what i came back for. So please keep Charles parts short and relevant for me please?

I was very pleased with the main story progression! I don't know how a 16 page chapter was to short, but it was, give us more of this goodness!

PS. was this a triple cliffhanger ending? :D

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Awesome

Thanks for this great and highly entertaining piece of fiction. Should you ever decide to publish it, be sure to let us know. I will certainly purchase, then!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Don't do it you bastard.

If you kill MIVRA via black ooze transport to ISIS I swear to God I will do awful things to you. Mivra is by far the most interesting representation of machine intelligence on literotica, and one of the most valuable characters in this story line. If you destroy her to advance the Charles character arc, I will revenge myself upon you. Otherwise, keep it up. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you!

Thanks for this great story!

Great plot with a nice mix of SF and fantasy, appreciate main character having some depth.

"Pretty please with sugar on top" - keep going!!!

DarthpimpDarthpimpover 9 years ago
Love it.

I've seen other things with a concept of technology accidentally transporting people. But this is the first to mix technology and magic with other worlds, and to include video gaming mechanics. Add characters that are deep, believable and relatable, with a slow burning story that is mostly a mystery to us readers and you have somthing that I believe is a rare occurrence. A truly interesting and well written work of art.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
More Rachel

Rachel is my favourite character by a lot. She's an excellent rendering of a young woman living with mental illness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
CHARLEEES

This story terrifies me and boggles my mind and I love/hate Charles all at once. Also, have to say that the slow revealing of details is perfect. Cannot figure out what is "good" and "evil" and it's honestly frustrating me to no end...but I suspect that that is precisely the point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Grats!

Congrats on hitting the hall of fame with this chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Please, write more...

This stuff is mind-bending. And, generally awesome! I hope you plan to publish it as a book, at some time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Rachel

Love Rachel... Please don't mess her character up ^_^. Can't wait for the next chapter!! Keep it up this story is amazing!

gemman1gemman1over 9 years ago
Out standing job... AS USUAL

You by far are one of he best story tellers here. This is story very worth publishing after you get it written. Your ability to weave multiple story lines is incredible. I can't wait to see the next chapter. Keep up the good work.

Gemman

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Cant wait for the next chapter. Are you working on anything else currently?

Over_RedOver_Redover 9 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous

I'm working on Dream Drive until I finish the first major story arc (Chapter 09, possibly?). It'll end on a point that definitely leaves some dramatic open questions and action yet-to-be-taken, but I won't end it with Jackson literally dangling off a cliff or anything.

After that, I'm working on the sequel to my published novel, Contractor, until it is finished and completed. While I do so, I'll probably edit and publish Dream Drive in installments as well.

I'm also outlining and constructing the plot and course of another entirely different story I've been thinking about for some time. I probably won't work on that until later, though. And there's plenty of things in my hard drive already written that need to be edited or broken down and re-written from scratch.

In my spare time, I go to pharmacy school and play Mario Kart 8. Also, I just survived the Blizzard of the Century™ that hit my house (but seriously, we got 25 inches of snow).

If you'd like more regular updates on what the heck I happen to be doing then feel free to go to my profile and send me a message with your email. Use the Contact tab on the upper right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Why did you do this to me?

You know, I fully planned on having a productive day today, until I decided to check this story out. 13 hours later, and I'm finally done what has been an incredible journey, and a fantastic read.

HOWEVER. For the sake of my well being (I can feel the withdrawal starting already), please continue to post more chapters! You've made a loyal fan out of me, and I'll be checking every day for the next instalment.

Now for some thoughts: Now that he's in the city of demons, which I presume to be another level of the tower, is the pentagram still in his HUD? Or will it have disappeared, as there is no hunter on this level? What if the hunter came from the city of demons, and the pentagram will be constantly pulsing? Just some rough ideas, I'm sure your writing will amaze me as always in the next chapter, regardless of where the story goes.

In any case, solid 5/5 review, it's been said before and I'll say it again: Best story on this site, hands down.

Your loyal (if exhausted) reader,

-Dennis

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Awesome

Really good story, having a blast reading it and can't wait for more

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Amazing

This is by far the best story I have read on here, or anywhere on the internet. Two days ago I came her expecting something quick for myself, and instead have been reading all my spare time at home. Please continue and will be checking back daily. There is one criticism however. I would appreciate if you put at the end an expected release for the next chapter, even if it's wrong I at least have an expected date. Or even if you said 'not sure when, but definitely in the next two month's or something like that I'd appreciate. Please don't end it, this is a story that is amaing and could be published brilliantly. And if you do end it early I would appreciate you letting us know at the end of a chapter as well :)

5/5. Would be more if I coul give more

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I' m losing sleep!

Well written plot, amazing job of detailing so many individuals and weaving them in. I don't like waiting for more installments, damn!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
This series needs a change

First off : this series is awesome but tgere is something that bothers me. There should be a change in the location, the plains are starting to get monotonous. Please let the main action leave the plains soon (sry for fucked up english)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Thoughts on what might be coming.

So, Charles plugs in....I'm thinking he will be reduced to his single leg - either coming in naked or the prosthetic bugging out.

What might happen to him? I'm hoping he will get a chance to see what life is like for those less fortunate in ability, and this will eventually make him a better person. Alternatively, he might turn out to be a worse Hale....:(

MIRVA, if she plugs in.....any chance she comes through as human? Or maybe a golem? If so, she would get the chance to actually BE, and not have to worry, for a time, if her reactions are just programming.

I'm guessing there needs to be a reveal re Shakhan/Demons/etc. Right now, it is still undefined...we have the terms but there actual functional place in the story are....its seems the reality might be different than what would be expected?

new_readernew_readerabout 9 years ago

5 stars again mate. Liked this one as much as the others. Only thing is I'm kinda getting tired of Jackson's "don't care" attitude. Hoping you're gonna do something about that soonish.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
.

seriously. fuck charles. fuck hale. also, i hope mirva isnt able to get into the dream drive, it doesnt really make sense for the dream drive itself to work on her at all. i think this is the first time i actually got sick of jacksons dont care attitude, hell, it actually annoyed me this chapter. also, how he has dark blue essence for his abilities yet still refuses to upgrade his stats, he is gonna/should be so behind. *sigh* anyways, other than those things this story is so good. especially how each chap is like 12-16 pages. this is a great story overall

reddirreddirabout 9 years ago

@ the Anonymous above.

Charles is a bastard, yes. But he is written as a real person, enough that there is scope for growing into some human decency.

Mirva into the dream drive....I think it should work. Its not based on biology or anything. Magic is always odd, but it has previously worked on equipment, etc.

Jackson's not using essence to upgrade...yeah, that is odd to me also. Now that he can tap the gems, which his teacher or fiance can refill at will, why would he not drain all his earned essence to upgrade? I see no sense in it.

As to Jackson being behind, remember that he was the first player inside. And also, he has been practicing a lot, grinding, his skills. And discovering new skills.

----------

I too am enjoying this story and the way it is written. Its a nice combination of skill/stat leveling, a backdrop which is developed enough to be accepted as someone's reality, and good character interactions and developments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Bugs

If Mirva came into ISIS, then wouldn't those bug like things infect her as well? It seemed to only affect the electronic items and being an android would likely affect her. Although there is the possibility of her developing soul to protect her as a living person. I'm not sure, but I absolutely love this story! It is well written and engaging. Thank you Over_Red for this marvelous plot. =)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hopes

I really really REALLY hope that Rachel and him will get together and that Charles will get whats comming to him. I am so split onhim but i feel like he is lost, that maybe if an attempt was made on him that it would only end in failure. I so hope things turn out well for Rachel, She's hot!

TalixTalixabout 8 years ago
Fantastic!

I really, really liked this chapter, and I'm so glad there are more! 😊

You have made Charles and his android into really interesting characters, and I am now happy that you continue to follow them. The same is true of Rachel and the commander. I was getting worried; like other comments I saw, previous chapters got a little too dark and depressing. Having a dystopian future be the background for the story is ok and appropriate, but spending too much time there and talking about how the government just screws over everyone and everyone in power is corrupt is just depressing, and I have no interest in reading a depressing story. You have really turned it around in this chapter, though, and I am back to eagerly looking forward to reading more of the best non-erotic story on this site, and the erotic parts are really, really good as a bonus!

Thanks again for sharing your talent with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow

The depth of your characters, your incredible plot, i rank this among the best stories ive ever read and ive read hundreds of fantasy books. Wheel of time comparison worthy. Amazing.

NyctophiliacNyctophiliacabout 7 years ago
You

You. I came here in this site to read something light, I wanted to much to take a break from the fantastic realism of true fantasy books. I came here for something easy, something I can enjoy without investing so much of myself in, like what happens when I read truly awesome stories. How dare you turn all of those plans to dust. How dare you make me nervous, keep me up at night, and give me a vividly exhilarating view of another world. I came here for a light snack, and your story gave me whole menu.

Good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Holy crap

Just wow dude.ive read a lot of stories on literotica.everything from joe brollys genie chronicles to intrepid fates terra series and seriously dude aside from teflers series this is probably the best thing I've read yet.kudos man I'm on to read the next 3 chapters.pls pls keep writing.ill definitely read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Everything but Charles

Every character is solid but Charles Ransfeld. He's all over the place - nice, but mean, murderer, amazing at everything he touches and... difficult to read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
minor plot error

Charles is bad, he has no character consistency, almost like its not one person.

the other point is Jackson climbs the cliff he losses a moccasin only to have it back on later in the run.

on the hole though really enjoying the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I feel like when Charles finds out what Hale has been up to, Hale is not going to have a very good rest of his life. However brief.

striker24striker24over 1 year ago

It was a shame Jackson made a mockery of the games and his tribe. It was awkward and strange. Isis is supposed to be real but someone wouldn't grind like that for 6 hours during a tournament surrounded by real people.

The attack on Crux, located in a city, with mechs/aircraft/explosives was ridiculous. Charles is too OP so far...it strains credibility.

The first few parts of the series were amazing. A wonderful RPG story. It has really bogged down since then. Awkward and not very interesting. Too much filler imo.

RivenousRivenous12 months ago

Rachel gonna be he next wife....I really hope so.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

He got the moccasins from his friend at the top of the mountain. BTW you did not establish that he had to touch the halfway point and get his cord.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOver_Red@Over_Red
----------- CONTACT ----------- I no longer closely follow my email linked through Literotica. For more frequent updates and to know what I'm up to, see my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Andrew-S-Ball-1515164785382499 ----------- OTHER WORKS ----------- Enjoyed my...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES