All Comments on 'Early Retirement'

by Freewheel

Sort by:
  • 291 Comments
kimi1990kimi1990almost 8 years ago
Quantity

Does not equal quality. You have been posting several stories lately. You need to stop, work on one story for about five times as long as you worked on this one.

The plot wasn't bad, but it was horribly written. It was full of mistakes and read like a crime report in a newspaper. You should quit rushing to post and spend some time polishing the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Take some time

The story had a good premise but you should use the "review" portion of your word processor. I checked this story against mine and found numerous mistakes. Don't be in too much of a hurry to get your product out!

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 8 years ago
Wooden

Freewheel , I actually like your resolve to write in this category , which puts you head and shoulders above myself .

But your delivery , at least on this story , was simply wooden.

I really think that you can write very successfully in this genre , but you really need to show more credible angst and real emotion , which is the true key , IMO, that makes the greats ,great .

I don't want to discourage you , in fact , I want to encourage you. I think you have talent , and I wish you the very best ! ( greedily for me and other regulars )

3 *'s

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Your fight club scenes were out of fantasyland. No way an old guy (being one I know) recovers from a fight in 2 days or beats a former semi-pro in great shape.

Excluding that I liked the way you handled the reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

you can't write! get lost!

chytownchytownalmost 8 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
DOES ONE EVER RETIRE

or is it like marriage vows....Til Death.....TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

You need to write DIALOGUE, not he said this, she said that. It gets tedious to read.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 8 years ago
Not great , not terrible , the author is a bit ponderous, but doesn't swerve from predetermined goals

What would Clint Eastwood do ? Not the C.E. who makes a chump of self endorsing Republican Presidential flunkeys, but the man who I admired growing up. Life happens and it can knock you on your ass sometimes. Well the main character wasn't too nimble but also not a quitter and didn't accept the early status quo of out of tone body or lying, cheating wife.

I like the method and design of the overall story. There weren't any riveting , magic or marvelous scenes completely free of stereotypes and Freewheel writes wooden , superficial female characters. But the idea of working together as a team at rehabbing a house , as they rehabbed their relationship ( albeit not to point of remarriage ) was a good one.

The couple eventually partially reconciled and I accepted it because she paid a penance over time for deathblow dealt dealt by her to marriage. The story was a good read , not good literature per se but Freewheel has some important writing core techniques down and appears to be taking initial steps to honing his technique. I thank the author for sharing and wish him good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
When we were married

The part of the fight, while wife sticks with the defeated contender reminds a similar scene from WWWM. Is it a coincident ?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Robot

I miss the real anger, the hurt and the emotions. This happened then that, but it is all mechanical. And going together again? Never! Impossible, when you are betrayed like he was, she could drop that before him and he would step over her. Some things cannot be mended.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
You have a great start

I feel you rushed the last 3/4th of the story... In my opinion I think you should re-write and not rush.. I rate a 3 but with re work you can make this an easy 5 good luck

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
3*s

An interesting and pleasing time was had by me. Your story Freewheel was interesting enough, I gave you 3*s .

One effect struck me. This story , the characters , all made me think about "Mary's Bush" and to a lesser degree"My Loving Wife Cheated". They are the same. Sound alike. Maybe it's just the timing of the posts.

Thank you for the hard work Freewheel. I'll gladly read your work again,👍😃.

AMerryman

RePhilRePhilalmost 8 years ago
Thanks

The world needs a lot more Happiness and Forgiving. Even if it's in a fictional story. As far as the other comments, I feel these stories should be looked upon as a Forest rather than individual trees. It's a far more enjoyable experience

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 8 years ago
You need to keep posting.

You are rough around the edges and repetitive in your stories, but you have something that compels me to read your stories. You are to pubic hair what Stang is to Mustangs. I have read a lot of stories that never mentioned pubic hair, but you seem to have a thing for it... not that there is anything wrong with that. My suggestion is to have the wife respond somewhat differently when caught cheating. In all of your stories, she dismisses the husband's anger and then gets laid by the lover. The wife never seems to see the error of her ways until after the divorce. A little more, emotion, angst, and surprise would help. Your efforts will continue to improve, so keep writing and sharing. Thanks for the hard work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

You have to learn to punctuate. You also need to work on the dialogue. It reads drier than a Dragnet episode.

FD45FD45almost 8 years ago

I came because HDK said some nice things. I decided to give your story a try. You can thank or blame him (I lean toward blame)

Your writing needs some polish and some craft. Sometimes (not frequently) a line just stands out of a story as a pitch perfect emotion or description. I don't recall one in your story, but it's a rare thing. Many of the better authors here only get a few such lines.

You rely too much on exposition when dialogue and description would be better served to convey what happens.

Example: "I had not heard from Amy although my children kept in touch with her. They kept me informed concerning what and how she was doing, which apparently, wasn't too well. I asked if she was seeing anyone and they replied no as she was too hurt and upset, besides she was still in love with me. However, I was pleased to hear that she was seeing a counselor."

Instead, try this:

**

I was just pulling my Under Armor shirt off, going a bit gingerly over my ribs when the phone rang. " 'Lo, Jennifer" (I could not find the children's names anywhere, so I made this one up)

"Hi dad! I was just calling to remind you of next week."

"Next week?" I floundered a little helplessly, effortlessly jogging up the stairs to the master bathroom and lobbing my shirt into the open hamper.

She gave a low chuckle. "YES, next week! Jimmy is having his elementary school graduationl and he wants his Pop Pop to see him." she mildly scolded. "Adria, put that down!" she said some distance from the phone.

"It's too bad but II was just starting to grout the downstairs bathroom floor..." I teased, checking my torso in the mirror. Yep, that punch was going to leave a mark... Got to remember to twist from those body shots.

"Are you honestly telling me you'd rather grout a bathroom than see your grandson's graduation?" she asked archly.

"I'll spring for dinner afterward." I gallantly retreated.

"Excellent!" she paused. "Um..."

"By 'um', I assume that means that your mother will also be there." I grimaced slightly.

"Dad, you lived with her for thirty years! A couple of hoursl won't kill you."

"Of course not. As long as she isn't flaunting some boy toy at me." It was my turn to pause. "Is that...mm...a risk?"

She sighed heavily over the phone. "No...thank God. The only person she's seeing regularly is Regina, her counselor. Though you only have yourself to blame if she did brin..."

"Fine fine!" I interrupted that well worn spiel. "Regina? She's seeing someone professionally?" My brow furrowed in the mirror momentarily. "You know...I think that's not a bad idea." I caught myself nodding. "Actually, that sounds like very good news."

"I know Dad." Jennifer sighed again into the phone. "I know. She's just...a little lost. But we ALL look forward to seeing you both NEXT WEEK!" she finished with a flourish. "Friday, Three p.m. And yes, I will text to remind you!"

"I love you too honey. I got to catch a shower so..." We said our goodbyes and hung up.

**

It is a lot wordier, but when it comes to tone, message and dynamics, I think the second works a little better. It allows the reader to get to know the people involved and 'see and hear' what is happening. I could have typed 'Show, don't tell" but I have to 'Show, not tell" what **I** actually meant.

It was a good workmanlike story. I did not waste my time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
A good meat and potatoes story

I can see how their reconciliation works within the bounds of your story. It's not RAAC, rather more like two people who fell, grew and then got themselves dusted off to continue what remains of their Golden years. I really enjoyed this story.

I am annoyed that someone who hasn't written an original story in years has the temerity to hand out professorial critical review of your writing skills in an open message. That should have gone in a PM. Having writing skills is sort if like having a dick. We know you have one, we're happy you're SO pleased with it but waving it around the room in front of everyone is in poor taste.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
You need to send FD45 a case of his favorite beer! He gave you very good advice.

I think this a decent story. Not great, but interesting and worth reading. That's far above average for the LW category. FD45's advice is right on, so I will recommend it rather than repeat or elaborate on it.

I appreciated the resolution and the character development. They are both changed people, and maybe they can at least have a lasting friendship as lovers and companions. Obviously she killed their marriage, but it doesn't mean its impossible for them to create a new relationship. You should listen to Esther Perel's tedtalks on adultery for what I think is a profound study and explanation of adultery versus love. It explains (Not Justifies!) Amy's betrayal very well, as well as the possibility for a form a reconciliation.

Thanks for your time and talent. It is a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Need Help

Interesting but amateurish story. There is a suggestion or two from others but a course in creative writing to get a functional story would help you a lot.

SeeingEyeSeeingEyealmost 8 years ago
Don't think so

Look, I get coming back from infidelity. But she 1) danced again with the man her husband caught having sexual contact with while she was out on a date with her husband 2) ran to her lover's side and not her husband's after a fight and 3) spent the night with her lover and not her husband after a fistfight. There is no coming back from that disrespect and contempt. "I'm a changed person" is the argument of the desperate. No one who could do that to the person she supposedly loved deserves a second chance at all.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Thoughts

"I did not intend to allow it to go that far." - Presumably you didn't intend for it to get THIS far, yet it did, so how can you be sure it won't go "that" far? Not to mention the lies about the sexy clothes and not telling about David hitting on you and hiding the Emails!

It goes in two minutes from "I didn't fuck him though he pressured me terribly" to "I was only one time, please believe me!"

"He forced me to have a slow dance with him knowing how Ed would react." - How does he "force" you to dance? He asks you to dance, you say "No." He grabs your hand, you say "No" again, and if he doesn't let go you slap him and call for help, and the bouncer throws him out! If you danced with him it was because you wanted to,

"Ed thought I was taking David's side and left the hotel." - He thought that because it was true! If he was hurt, it was because he hit your HUSBAND"! There was plenty of bar staff to take care of him, your place was with your husband.

"He was overweight and out of shape" - And you never even noticed him losing weight and getting IN shape, you were too wrapped up in your little affair!

"We had always been a good team when working together but I needed help so even though I was reluctant to work with Amy I agreed." - Minor point; the "but" should be "and". "But" is used when the second part is in opposition to the first, here they in agreement, so "and" should used.

"How could I have been so blind not to have noticed?" - Because you were too hung up on the attention from a younger guy.

On the night out you have her apologizing before he complains, there should have been a line or two of him complaining and taking her out of there first.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
?

Stupid is as stupid does and he is.

rphinneyrphinneyalmost 8 years ago
FYI

Sexual Harassment is not a crime. There would not be any police reports about such charges, since there is no criminal statute regarding such activity.

I couldn't seem to get any emotional connection with the characters, so the story seemed very fast and a little wooden in its delivery. More like a report than a story...

harbormaster1harbormaster1almost 8 years ago
It's Good

You are doing good. She hides the sex clothes, she knows what is going to happen each time she goes to an offsite conference. Each time she goes further. Hey you get what you sew. Write more.

EzrollinEzrollinalmost 8 years ago
Thumbs up !

This story may not appeal to everyone because it is comparatively light on eroticism, but read the whole story and enjoyed it. It only takes me a few paragraphs to decide whether if I want to continue. It could be a little more polished but overall better than most I've read here. Someone commented that sexual harassment isn't a crime ? If someone files a complaint there will be a record of it, at least in my state.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 8 years ago
A good story. 5*, of course.

And fairly realistic, too.

And as to people who doubt that Sexual Harassment is not a crime, yes, it most certainly is a crime.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_harassment

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 8 years ago
OK

An OK story, dialogue seemed unlike any real conversation, kind of clunky, I guess. Sexual Harassment is illegal according to US EEOC, but I don't see how this would qualify as sexual harassment. She was a willing participant to varying degrees. When she said "No" David stopped.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
OK, story

But this story is a bit too formulaic to the extent that it rushes things and is not all that believable. The outline is there but the story could flow better. It's ok, but frankly the average 4 is because it made the BTB brigade happy, not that it's so skillfully written.

It has the typical cliches: the guy who is an ex senior exec, all of a sudden is worried when his wife buys a thong and immediately jumps too fear an affair? Anyone who has lost weight and kept it off, knows that for a late 50's guy, it's takes longer than three months to drop two sizes. So he figures out his wife is involved and rather than read her the riot act and confront her, we see the usual plot device of surveillance, ect, ect, ect.

It would have been far more interesting with a series of escalation and conflict, and not him just accepting her BS.

The story is too rushed, now the ultimate ending could work, over a longer period of time. But the author never has the big scene where the wife truly apologizes several times and begs forgiveness. So they ultimately end up living together, but that's been done before.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
5

just to piss off annony and hope he dies of a heart attack!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Reconciliation per se is not bad, but...

There has to be something to substantiate the reconciliation. This doesn't really do that.

<P>

You use the work on the house as the catalyst for them getting back as a couple -- unmarried, but a couple as you noted. However, all that really did was create a reason for them to be cordial, to be friends, maybe even fuck buddies, but that is all.

<P>

It doesn't remotely address the key problem and that is trust. Nothing in their actions really addresses for one moment why he should trust her, why -- despite her protest to the contrary -- when it really would have mattered she sided with David and not him. They reconciled because you wanted it, but you didn't really give any real reason. Therefore, the reconciliation doesn't really work and is phony.

FD45FD45almost 8 years ago
Apologies

Freewheel

If you don't like my post, or even if you do, you can go to the submissions page and delete my comments if you find them presumpuous.

Texas_Air_ForceTexas_Air_Forcealmost 8 years ago
The best revenge comes later....

If they remain unmarried, and he doesn't leave her the house in his will, she will find out she gets NOTHING. That is because that divorce severs all claims she has to his estate, especially anything he bought after the divorce was final. He can leave the house to his friends that stood with him and helped him get healthy while she was out cheating, and she won't be able to do a thing about it! Hope you enjoyed cheating while you thought you were such big stuff, bitch!

sugnasugnaalmost 8 years ago
A few things

This is what didn't ring true and pushed me out of the story:

1. I have not met any married couples that are in love with their spouses after 30 years without some reservations. Being married is tough. No one is perfect, and it is even tougher when both spouses are working. So the set up of a husband who was madly in love with his wife after 30 years did not ring true.

2. His perfect wife from his perfect marriage lied to him, disrespected him, and cheated on him for months. Finally culminating in sex AFTER she chose her boyfriend over her husband AFTER he caught them. I can see forgiving her for her rude, selfish behavior, but I cannot understand not questioning the reasons behind her behavior. Those reasons can only be a TOTAL lack of love for her husband. There is NO other logical answer. You wrote this formula, never explained any exception to it, and just passed it off as if it was nothing.

3. He is a relatively young, fit retired guy, how long do you think he would last on the open market? He is hanging around a gym, he is retired and has all the time in the world, he should have some friends - there is no way he would not have women coming after him. Nowadays, women in his age group will jump on a guy like this like a flea on a dog - if only for his health insurance, retirement, house, and social security.

4. His aging ex would not be so lucky, she'd get used but she would not be a prime choice by any means - a divorced cheating woman with not a lot of miles left on her. Yuck.

5. So, once he is free of her why on earth does he want the disrespectful, unloving cheater back in any way, shape or form to remind him of her deception and disloyalty? He would have to be such a doormat loser that he could not step up and find someone better, younger, nicer. Pathetic. I would pity any man that did this. I would not be able to be around him out of disgust.

robinhodrobinhodalmost 8 years ago
Message for Sugna:

We've been married for over 50 years. I love her now more than at any time, and I believe it works for her the same. Our kids (late forties and married) get embarrassed when we kiss and cuddle at odd times.

Maybe we're unusual. Certainly we're lucky, but don't claim it can't happen.

One other point. I also was a fat slob and totally unfit, and I also joined a Gym. Thirty years later I still go. My fitness and body shape have changed drastically. No way though would I remotely consider fighting someone 20 years younger, or who had earlier been a real fighter.

luedonluedonalmost 8 years ago
Re: Message for Sugna ... from Robinhod

Robinhod, our friend Sugna often comments on stories in which wives wander.

When it comes to marriage vows, he strongly promotes his idea of "Forsaking all others". He seems to narrowly define that as "Stray penis shall not enter wife's vagina".

Not so strong on the "In sickness and health until death do us part" one, though.

Lue

Ps: Congratulations on the 50+ years. I'm with you on that.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 8 years ago
30 years strong

For you who doubt you can still love your wife deeply after 30 years, you didn't see how beautiful and glowing my wife was six months ago when we renewed our vows with Elvis in Vegas for our 30th. It could happen to you someday.

impo_61impo_61almost 8 years ago
I liked it, even it's not so good as the last ones this writer wrote...

I liked it, even it's not so good as the last ones this writer wrote...This story has some issues that make it weaker: 1st - "He forced me to have a slow dance with him"...If they were alone maybe, but in a crowded place it was impossible for that to happen...2nd - How can the following two sentences belong to the same scene? "he burst in and was all over me demanding we have sex before I left..." and "Never the less, the sex was consensual..."!! 3rd - She wasn't worried with her husband but with her lover that attacked her husband by treason and stayed with the lover all night and all the next day? Really? If not for these issues this would be a good story...however 3*

carvohicarvohialmost 8 years ago
You Can Write! Don't get lost!

Yeah there're some rough spots, but its the nature of the beast. We write when we can. Sometimes we get rushed.

You got a lot of helpful advice; I have some too.

I've been married almost fifty years; yeah she pisses me off sometimes, but we're like Siamese twins. I get mad, but I get scared too. Sometimes when I come in real late and she's asleep I think she's too quiet. I get scared and check her pulse. She wakes up and slaps me. That's called love.

Now about the fifty-eight year old out of shape retiree taking up boxing. I recall it was around the fifty-five-sixty thing when hefting bales of hay stopped being easy, forget fun. Certain fast twitch muscles don't really renew when you get older, not without special prescription chemicals. And don't forget the old back; one wrong twist and it's Mobic or Jim Beam, ice packs, cold showers and tubs, and sleeping on your back on the floor. And the wife after fifty better be taking her estrogen and using lots of lubricant if she wants to keep going. Read some Just Plain Bob, "I'm getting it twice a day during the week, and four times on Saturday. If I stopped beating off I bet I could do it more. Heck I'm only eighty-five!" A little over the top don't you think?

I mean what is it, 'the indefatigable male ego!'

Jedd Clampett

Nice story. I had a good time. Five for sure.

BH54BH54almost 8 years ago
You're a good storyteller

I've read all your "loving wife" stories and while they all have different results, I've still enjoyed reading them. I've read some of the criticism of the various stories and well, everyone's entitled to their opinions. I've been cheated on and there's no single answer to every problem. I've been right and I've been wrong. That's life. Keep up the good writing. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
LOSER!

The story was okay until the last part that showed him to be a wimp! this was a very pathetic story. No one with any self respect would take back a heartless CUNT who obviously only cared about herself. She only wormed her way back because of the lifestyle he provided. She is a heartless cheater and always will be. When trust is destroyed you can NEVER get it back. Only a wimp coward like this sissy would take back a CUNT.

AnnetteBishopAnnetteBishopalmost 8 years ago
Nice story, happy ending

I like the story, very nice. Xoxoxo Annette

christmas_apechristmas_apealmost 8 years ago

i shunt my punts. good stuph.

magnum815568magnum815568almost 8 years ago
Same same same

Do you just cut & paste the whole story, then copy it onto a new page - change a few names & job titles - this last story was virtually identical to your others

Getting a bit boring now !!!

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 8 years ago
Very boring.

Do you know how long it takes a 58 yr old to lose 30 lbs? An average of .5 to 1 lb/wk and as you lose weight, it becomes harder and harder, so your hero is looking about 6 months of hard work.

And what woman wants to be "diddled" for hours? Honestly, they're going to be freaking sore.

Anyway, the only thing I liked about it was the reconciliation at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

cuck shit.

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
an interesting take on the cheating wife story

It was set up well. The discovery was realistic. His attempt at preventing the seduction could have been successful if he had followed through on his own plan instead of quitting part way through, going home.

From there on it became murky and never came to a successful resolve.

However, the language used by the characters was overly formal and stilted. Other than Data on Star Trek TNG no one talks like that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Shit story. Another in a long line with weak wimps for husbands...

Dude should have divorced her the first time he found out she was stepping out..

Plus he should have beaten up David when he found him in his wife's room...

But you can't really expect a weak beta to act like a real man...

I'm just surprised he didn't become a cum slurping cuck....

1star.

0zed0zedalmost 8 years ago
Pretty Bad

This story sucked on so many levels it just makes me squick.

At least he didn't remarry the feckless slut, ex's always make good fuck buddy's.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@magnum815568 Re: "Same same same"

First of all, I have read most, if not all, of this writer's work, and have not seen any evidence of this cut and paste you speak of. Now, I may just not be an intelligent reader, but better people than you have praised my critiques, so I must be doing SOMETHING right!

Second, I am NOT one of those who tries to deny non-writers the right to criticize, I have even defended them against those kinds of attacks. But if you think it is so easy, why don't you try it some time? I have, and it is fucking hard! If a writer finds that it helps him/her to get a little more mileage out of something they have used before, more power to them!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
right

SeeingEye has it right. You don't show your husband the level of disrespect she did in the bar and come back from that. That moment love goes out the window. She dances with her lover and then goes to HIM after a fight, all night? And they reconcile? Not in this lifetime. Utterly implausible.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 8 years ago
Interesting twist

The vast majority of the stories in the LW section are either guys who are turned on by their wives screwing around, or total revenge stories in which the wife gets er just desserts, and the guy - after a legal divorce, of course -- finds a new, much better love. This one included the revenge aspects, but then came the long, drawn out reconciliation, and the realization that, despite everything that happened, they were supposed to be together.

Yeah, there were technical issues with the way you told the story -- no one is perfect -- but the story itself is a good one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Okay, but

Okay story.

For me, no way reconciliation EVER happens once the wife nurses the other guy back to health and fucking strength after her hubby beats him down. More concerned about the "other guy" ---- which lead to the beat down in the first place and was then heavily reinforced by nursing him over the week end.

I would not want the woman for all the tea in China, under any circumstances.

EddboyEddboyalmost 8 years ago
as others mentioned

the fact that she still fucked the guy after being caught by with his fingers in her cunt by hubby and was more concerned with him then her hubby after the fight negated any chance at a reconciliation for me. on the plus i am glad to have another author who doesn't post wimpy cuck crap so please keep posting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Word of advice

Cuck stories won't net you points on this site. Neither will forced reconciliations where the wife basically goes through scot-free after cheating while the husband is turned into a cuck.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Did I agree with how the characters behaved? No.

Was I happy with how things turned out in the end? No.

But it's a story. Not everyone in the world behaves like me, nor do they have to. I appreciate that's how stories (and people) work. The story was generally well done. Perfect? No. Pretty solid, though. You definitely can write. Four stars, in my opinion. I appreciate the effort. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
good story but....

good story line but the writing is very stiff. The characters are cardboard like.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Some can never reconcile ! Some can make another go of it.

She worked her way back! But going to bed with that loser and nursing him back to health ,having sex and defending him ,put a real damper on this story of reconciliation. If he can forgive her one indescrestion and live with it. Good luck !

redwineandflipflopsredwineandflipflopsalmost 8 years ago
Nice

Some weird comments from others , a little over critical , not sure they get it. The story was very different than the usual straight up sex stories and it was nice ... I really enjoyed it and was glad they got back together.

Pappy7Pappy7almost 8 years ago
The one thing that I notice in all

LW stories that are written with RAAC in mind is that the author brings in the councilor asap and the wife is cured of all that led to the cheating. Not so in real person. So BS factor was really high in this one. This woman was not someone who got tricked into an affair, she's not someone who couldn't help herself, she was someone who was entitled to an affair and so she had one. Hubby was retired and even before that he wasn't on her level work wise. He was weak, smallish and soft. First big boy down the pike and it was heels in the air. Oh well.

starmanfivestarmanfivealmost 8 years ago
Good story

The writing had a 'classic' LW feel to it. My particular type of story. The treatment of the David character was good, though I am surprised that an exec would have three sexual harassment complaints.

I realize that real life and fiction are different. IRL if I suspected infidelity and then confirmed it with snooping, I would warn wifey in no uncertain terms to straighten up and I would reveal my sources if she denies. In fiction you give her enough rope and watch her fail. You must know if she will back out on her own. Trust is lost either way. I know that if you give away your sources of information she may get other methods and hide it better, so either way you are up shits creek.

Thanks for writing. Five stars. Please write more!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Final(?) Comment

In case I haven't been clear, I did NOT like the ending, with the effective reconciliation and them "in love".

I would have made it a point to bring lovers home. See just how serious she was.

I'll bet she wouldn't last a week before she bolted, and it would serve her right!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Nice Read

Nice story with a nice ending. I read the comments about the writing.

I am sure it is difficult to write a story and put it all together. I say don't complain until after you have written your story and had feed back.

Congrats

pr9green

sinsational83sinsational83almost 8 years ago
REALLY NICE

I really enjoyed reading this story. It was well thought out and, well put together. I do however think that there should have/ could have said more about David. But from the husbands point of view. Something like him coming after the husband for screwing up his job and marriage, and him ( the husband ) REALLY kicking his ass and if his wife went to him again this time tell her to get her ass out of his life and staying with the piece of crumbled up pile of crap laying on the ground. and having him arrested for assault. Again pretty good story well worth the 5 stars I gave it. How about a sequel to this?

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124almost 8 years ago
Great story IMHO...

Since I had started reading your submissions with "Mary's Bush" and "My Loving Wife Cheated", which were so similar, it was waiting for the other shoe to drop, so to speak. Some of the comments are nit-picky. In real life, there is no certain formula that must happen if a couple comes back together. I was glad to see the reconciliation, and not BTB. But this wasn't a RAAC either. It just that they both matured (if fifty+ people can mature, LOL) and change. I was glad to see them come together and start living together. So what if they had divorced? In the eyes of God, they were still married, and it doesn't matter what a court may decide. The one comment about bringing a lover or date in to "test" Amy was crass. He was a better person than that, and he proved it just by taking her in, before he took her back.

5 *'s with FS and FA status.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@honeylicker1124

Despite what you may believe, they are NOT married, and as someone else said, I wonder how he is going to fuck her (pun intended!) when he dies and she gets nothing! Speaking of which, he should probably take steps to specifically disinherit her, otherwise she may try to claim some common law status to steal part of his estate.

Blacksword404Blacksword404almost 8 years ago
Ok

His reactions during her affair were stiff and unrealistic unless he was a cuck. He found the guy finger banging his wife and all he did was throw him out? Then he didn't insist they leave?

bruce22bruce22almost 8 years ago
Good Piece

Basically it is BTB because she was willing to reconcile immediately but as always

the trust wasn't there. Living together over a long period of time is really a form of reconcilliation that is convincing. Why didn't he put it all on the table before she went to the conference?

fifteen16fifteen16almost 8 years ago
More

Good story, more realistic than most. Although happy and content, with a promotion and feeling of self importance add to that compliments of a charm offensive and we have Amy. In the early days with my wife she asked my opinion on a new dress, I told her I did not like it because it was a baggy style than did nothing for her small frame, that went down like lead balloon. I then explained that I would always give an honest opinion, these many years later a compliment is real and not just "you look nice dear".. My point is if a husband always says you look nice then a compliment and flattery from another psychologically will carry more emphasis and so the seduction begins. It's a funny old world. P.S. Always compliment a woman on her shoes, it pays dividends, ho ho.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyalmost 8 years ago
Good read

Well written, good reading time.

Thank you for posting.

Please keep writing and I will keep reading!

NATHANBRITTLESNATHANBRITTLESalmost 8 years ago
Very Entertaining

Really enjoyed this story and am now going to read the rest of the authors work. Please write more soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
And they lived happily ever after....

Until she gave him a hot cream pie from her new lover.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
No Emotion

Please keep writing because you have potential. That being said, there is nothing in the story to stir the emotions. It is as if the characters (H and W) are on tranquilizers or something. Really - a wife who wants to be married continues her affair after H leaves her in New Orleans in disgust. If W was truly mentally ill, which she must have been, this aspect should have been explored further, other than a few comments that W was seeing a counselor. As far as I can remember W never truly said she was sorry. A husband would not be able to accept a W back after such blatant cheating and disregard of him and his feelings.

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sorry Jefe, your 5 went to a ONE with that conclusion

As others have noted, her disrespectful lies/omissions/scheming were capped off by indulging another in attire and behaviors denied her husband. Then she sides with "predator" and stays with him at the hotel after the fight.

No conceivable way a man with standards and decency (which is how you portrayed him) lets a self absorbed and remorseless remora of a woman like his ex back into his life. The only thing she was sad about was that she lost her lifestyle.

I really doubt anything she did could mitigate such betrayal, but I am from cultures where indiscretion may be forgiven, but their plural or disrespect, never. Perhaps I am out of touch with mainstream society.

I wish there was a "liked to read" score and a "liked the outcome score" I was pretty good reading, until the ending.Oldbearswitch

sdc97230sdc97230almost 8 years ago
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

Textbook example.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Well Written Until The End

Either remarry her or send her packing, even if you have to help her find a place to stay. The way she lied and deceived him; the way she failed to observe all the improvements to his health and stature; the way she so readily danced with David the moment her husband went to the bathroom; the way she went to check on David without a glance at Ed; the way she placed David's family ahead of her own; the way she refused to see that David was a sexual predator; the way she got mad at Ed for destroying David's life, marriage, and career; the way she tried to cast blame on Ed; the fact that she dressed sexily for David in ways she had always denied her husband of 30 years; the fact that she had sex with David even after Ed had caught them...not very many husbands would replace a once-loving wife with a whore. Wives that have affairs fail to realize that the moment they cheat on their husband, they lose the right to call themselves a wife, but earn the description of a whore. Three stars for the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
she says she has matured

SHE IS IN HER FIFTIES AND IS JUST NOW MATURING?

GIVE ME A BREAK. SHE WAS OBVIOUSLY PLANNING ON CHEATING WITH ALL THE LIES AND LINGERIE. KEEP HER AROUND FOR BOOTY CALL BUT MAKE SURE SHE COMES OVER ONE TIME AND FINDS ANOTHER FEMALE IN HOUSE HALF-DRESSED

TRUE LIFE REAL STORY SERIAL CHEATING WIFE EXPOSED ON FACEBOOK PROFILE OF dearbornmt@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
This is a very good tale!

You did a very good job of writing this tale. I say tale because to me it was more than just a story. Yes he was hurt by his ex-wifes betrayal but, thirty years does count for something. He walked, got a divorced from her, got the punk also divorced and fired. He spent a lot of time by himself. She should have been really tired from running around in his mind. He was done with her but, HE couldn't let her go, force of habit, love, I guess something kept him open to her. Let's be honest when you have been with a loved one that long they become part of you. (Try loving someone for over 30 years). If you can just walk away and not think of them or worry about them maybe you didn't love them after all, a strong like maybe. Emotions were all over the damn tale and they were not hidden, I was watching her, I hired someone to help me watch her, I couldn't live thinking about you with another, what were those if not emotions.

Billy badasses will not own up to feelings about a spouse and their connections to your own well being. Enough of my rants plain and simple this is a good tale. I liked the ending they stayed together. Why would anyone complain about that, if they reached the point where they wanted to just be together.

VapspegeoVapspegeoalmost 8 years ago
Bo ho!

Seems someone wanted a BTB story and didn't get one. Your story was good for them to at least get back together. Who knows given enough time they might complete their journey and remarry. I know what it's like to live and love someone for over thirty years. He walked away from the marriage and try as he did tried to walk away from her too! He saw her for what she was and what she had become after her promotion. Plus he saw her Boss for what he was a no count weasel. Even though he said he didn't believe her anymore (HE BELIEVED HER). She eventually stopped the crap because she knew what she did was very wrong. It was a long shot for her to help him fix up his house but, it worked for them by re-awakening old feelings about the way they once were with each other. He even told her she was like her old self again. You could see the changes in him. They knew they could never try to be the innocent them they were before. Without trying they both found each other again. keep writing from your heart and let your head figure and keep the stupid stuff to a minimum.

You did good on this one

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
disappointed with ending

You are a talented writer but I am perplexed by ending.

Wife completely ignores him and fails to notice his weight loss. She became self-centered and enamored with the younger man. Crushing on him like a teenager.

She refuded to heed husband's warning and abandoned husband to stay behinnd ith lover. As for her-I was only going to tease him lie-you are not half-naked in bed with a man whose fingers have been up you for the last 30 minutes if you are not plnning on having sex.

Having been caught she still seeks out lover to dance with.

The huband is now millionaire, in great shape other than a booty call when his ex comes beggig he should leave her behind.

People write about 30 years meaning something-those decades meant nothing to wife and only makes her betrayal more insidious

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Desperate to write

What a shame! Like so many others, this person is desperate to write, to bare their soul, and share their considered, insightful thoughts. Unfortunately the cupboard where they keep their soul is bare and their attempt amateurish and shallow. My advice is to stop spouting and spend at least a decade listening and learning.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
stopped reading

when the divorce was finalised. with 2pages left its predictably a raac story after that, so why bother finishing it .

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Lacking

Lacking any kind of spark or emotion to draw in a reader. It felt like write by numbers. Spend a little more time trying to write in some emotion to make the characters feel a bit more real. Their actions and responses felt like the were discussing breakfast cereals, not the breakdown of a marriage. As a reader, I couldn't get invested enough to care about the outcome.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 7 years ago
Damn

To reconcile with a cheating wife without any interactions doesn't happen. She cheated, he left and divorced her. No dates with anyone? No way. Doesn't work.

no rating

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
#2 THIS JUST PROVES

that people can revert to what they were. TK U MLJ LV NV it takes time and penance mlj

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Dr waqas

Nice story i love it any girl from pakistan if she wants good fuck i m there my no is +923337474536

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wrong Choices

It's pretty obvious that Amy was choosing David over her husband, every step of the way. By buying sexy clothes, flirting and heavy petting with David, it was clear despite her husband's best efforts and presence that she was choosing to continue with David until it became a full-blown affair. It was definitely not a platonic affair, not when the predator's hands were all over her. When David knocked her husband down, but was beaten up instead, her worst and final move was to go to David instead of her husband. Her first and only concern should have been her husband and not David. It was obvious that the marriage was over. She no longer saw her husband as her partner of many years but as an impediment to her exciting fling with David. She should have closed the door right then and there. She had no obligation to take David back to the hotel and care for him through the night. Her excuse for being fucked the next day was pathetic. No really means no and she should have called Hotel security on him. She allowed him to fuck her because he insisted on it? That's lame. She was turned on by David and was determined to continue down that path. She had every opportunity to shut David down at any time, but chose not to do so. She made the wrong choices every step of the way and paid the price. I don't know if I would have taken Amy back. Everyone makes mistakes but when the opportunity came for Amy to rectify the mistakes and she deliberately chose not to do so, that was the kiss of death for her relationship and marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
HOLLY FREEHOLLIS BOSS

1% of stories have the cheating wife or husband or both getting checked for STD, AIDS! and swollen or destroyed puss? What gives all women will tell you that taking King Kong Cock! Compared to Limp Tiny lizard Dick that hubby has! She needs care for her pussie (PUT IT ON MEDICAID OR MEDICARE (AUSTRALIA) WOW PLENTY OF CLIENTS THERE!!! Love you all! GREG. OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

Oh more than 70% of wives cheat on husband

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
whusuuuuusssshhhhh!!!!!

PATHETIC ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WTF...

WTF....David is right he is a WIMP! ...

Taking the slut back...pathetic. I would have run over her n cut Davids balls off...HAYE WIMPY AASS HUSBAND STORIES...

1*

BY THE WAY STOP WRITING WINPY STORIES YOU STUPID CUNT...GO HANG YOURSELF TILL U DIE..

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

boring, absurd, absolutely crappy ending. unlikely, unrealistic, uninteresting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Betrayal

If it was me when I found what was in th suit case I have emptied it and refilled it with her old everyday clothes and hidden the original contents, if she challenged why I had done it I would had said that I dumped that trash in the trash can where it belonged. But I reckond that she would not have found out until she had got to where she would have changed for her "date".

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

My wife and I went through the same thing I was only 33 and I had two little kids so I told my wife I'll take her back after 3 years of being divorce and I told her this will last until until the kids are raised and then she can go on her own way. But I am now 50 and we are happy is not easy taking a back when they cheated but sometimes it's worth it good story

goat17obispogoat17obispoover 7 years ago
Missed opportunities and a really weak and unlikely ending

The husband's first and biggest mistake was in not precipitating a confrontation about her thong and revealing the he had opened her suitcase. She was in the middle of a period of showing him no respect and not even noticing his physical improvements. He should have gone for total resolution right then and there, after which the further betrayals might not have taken place. Lesson: do not delay. He had more than enough information to have ended either her cheating and/or their marriage, and that is when he should have done it.

After that, if unwisely he had not brought it to a head, then a small missed opportunity: remove the bag of erotic underwear from her car and empty it into the kitchen garbage, in full sight, and if necessary pulled out to the middle of the room so it would not be missed. Or better than that, strew all the sexy garments all over the ground near her car, where she and passersby could not miss it.

To then go to all the trouble of bugging the room and so on, was just ridiculous. Better to bring about a confrontation and end the whole matter one way or the other, without the fistfight and her subsequently staying on after her husband had left and finally getting fucked by that creep.

To let her back into his life at the end was indefensible. She had cheated, favored the other man when both men were injured, and stayed on with the creep after her husband went home. Ridiculous. He seemed intent on wearing a sign saying "cheat on me, show disrespect and contempt for me, continue cheating even after the fight and I will do nothing. I am a wimp."

Altogether, foolishness and stupid delay, bringing about violence, continued infidelity, and the ridiculous, rather disgusting reconciliation at the end. Yuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
ENOUGH OF THE SHE-IT COMMENTS

Fuuuuuck mee man! Some of the comments state shit, please go get some help you need it!

The Story is Fantastic! I enjoyed it! That what matters to me! Would love to see the Big House, you describe it well!

To the fucked up commenter's that state shit, please go and try to write your own story and then you get some fucked up moron to write snide remarks, see how you feel!

THANKS FOR SHARING THIS FANTASTIC STORY WITH US! SEE YA!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Last comment

Not angry just a real man, something you don't see in the mirror. -2

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamoreover 7 years ago
Good start, bad middle, useless end.

Insane plot, after wife is caught, she still dances with predator?

If the reader has to suspend reality at each plot point, garbage story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
David's Family

I don't think I mentioned it in my earlier comments, though I think that Ed did, LOL, but it's funny how she's so worried about David's family NOW!

Why wasn't she worried about them before cheating with their husband/father?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Welcome To Mars

It's a great place. When you find another martian massaging your wife's pussy you say naughty naughty wife and go out dancing.

A lobotomy is the only option here, and it ain't for the reader.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous