All Comments on 'Ebb Tide Ch. 01'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 52 Comments
Nex2Nex2over 9 years ago

Loved what you've written so far, will definitely continue reading if you keep posting.

cliuincliuinover 9 years ago
Tsunami

Vance is he "epitome" of the paramedic . The bad guys didn't realise that a Tsunami is coming in the desert .

An outstanding work , I love it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Please do more I am already hooked on this story

postiemanpostiemanover 9 years ago

well up to your normal standard my friend, another final stand "classic" methinks

ag2507ag2507over 9 years ago
Nice start

Don't let it get out of control. "New Hire" over? or should we be looking out for more?

A

FinalStandFinalStandover 9 years agoAuthor
Life as New Hire and Ebb Tide

Life As A New Hire Chapter 38 has been submitted and is awaiting approval. Ebb Tide was a project I cobbled on during my worst bouts of depression while I worked out LNH Chapter 38 in my mind. Ebb Tide is my attempt at a controlled story arch ~ seven chapters with a definitive beginning, middle and end plotted out before I ever started the tale. LNH 39 is starting today (Feb. 7th 2015), so no worries. The working titles of each chapter of Ebb Tide are ~ [Ebb Tide] - Ebb-Tide (1 - Complete), Low Tide (2 - Complete), Flood Tide (3 - almost complete), High Tide 4) , Spring Tide (5), Storm Surge (6) and [cliuin gets a Brownie Point for the lucky guess] Tsunami (7 -Conclusion - not done yet). Each Chapter appears to be running over 20,000 words and introduces a new Vice Lord/Lady. It is Lust/Circe in Ch. 1, Envy/Baphomet in Ch. 2 and Wrath/Thulsa Doom in Ch. 3. The Vice Lord {Pride/Xaltotun} is deceased at the start of the tale and is the 'Vice Lord' of the Seventh Chapter}. I am not 100% sure in what the order of the other three {Gluttony/Sycorax, Greed/Archimago, and Sloth/Jareth} will be in yet. Each controls a Las Vegas vice (duh) and there is no Vice Lord who controls the drug trade as it is too volatile and attracts too much scrutiny. Now, back to LNH 39 because every 9 year old Amazon-in-training needs her 22 year old male sidekick and Aya's is trying to get himself killed ... yet again.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
FS, another terrific imagineering

A young lady, I was doing some editing for, asked me why I did not write monster/nonhuman genre stories.

I replied:"From my experience in life, it is ordinary people who do their duty with heroic actions. There are ordinary people who commit the most evil of monstrous crimes. And some times they are the same ordinary person."

fanfare for the Common Man

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
FS does it again.

Ebb Tide is awesome. Every chapter gets better. If you read FS's Post you know He has not abandoned LNH. Read FS's Bio. He has to work on multiple stories even though he may be putting out 1 storyline here on Lit. It helps keep him "sane". Many of his ideas never make it to a full chapter but they are still awesome. Ebb Tide is really good. His chapters so far are great with great character interaction and growth. Lots of action and a definit plot. Enjoy it. As He explained it will be 7 chapers and conclude. (For those readers who complain that FS has unfinised series.)

I want to thank FS who puts out his craft at no charge to us and provides a great break from reality for our enjoyment. You are awesome my friend.

Greybear42Greybear42over 9 years ago
Mixed Feelings

Every time you start a new story line I have very mixed feelings. Just like all your previous stories this has started out to be very interesting and I will be very happy to see it continued. On the other hand after all your interesting starts I would love to see how you end a story once.

You work is consistently among the best on the site and with the enjoyment I have gotten out of reading your stories for free you sure don't owe me or any other reader on the site anything.

What I want the most is for you to keep writing but that does not mean I am not wishing to see at least 1 of your stores end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Fantastic as always.

I'm one of those wierd people that doesn't read stuff on Lit for sex. I read because I'm bored, lit is free, and I'm a sucker for a good story. Your work does an excellent job at distracting me from how bad life sucks. (Motorcycle + bambi = 11years in a wheelchair +associated health issues have kept me bed bound for the last couple of years so I know about depression and anger issues). I know it's escapism to a certain extent, but your work helps me forget for a moment. So just remember when you're having a down day, that the effort and energy you put into spinning these fantastic bits of fiction makes a difference. Even if you someday stop submitting here, keep writing. Sure there may be the occasional hater or selfish twit that blathers about their favorite story not being finished according to their personal liking or timetable, but the majority of us honestly enjoy your work and appreciate the effort.

Bigg_MikeBigg_Mikeover 9 years ago
Hi, I'm Bigg_Mike and I'm a FinalStand addict (/AA ripoff)

Thank you, FS, for updating the status of Cael as well as the arc of the story here.

I guess my thought is pretty simple: you write it, I'll read it, and most likely praise it.

Mission Complete.

Mike

DragosLoveDragosLoveover 9 years ago
"[Don't] do more" or "Oh no, .. stop story X"

This just killed my afternoon. Curse you!

Also, thank you for including the stuff about commenting at the beginning. It gets annoying reading comments telling the author what to do. I would much rather read constructive critiques of the story than "write faster!" sorts of comments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
wow

As I have found to be normal in your works an excellent story that draws the reader in. Sort of curious where you learn those acronyms from hopefully from personal knowledge or someone who can coach you in the life. You drew the mentality of the main character rather well. All in all and excellent read keep up the wonderful work.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 9 years ago
Interesting start...

Thanks FS for yet another interesting story and for your comment on chapter 38!! Really appreciate your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Interesting

Some of your stories I like-others I don't. Obviously your writing isn't for everyone. I do like this story, V strikes a chord with me, his attitude, his logic and train of thought reminds me of a former Gurkha I worked with. Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of this story.

gemman1gemman1about 9 years ago
Great Story

NEW>> FRESH>>> GREAT JOB!!!!

Although I am a fan of LNH, I can see my self falling for this story too. Keep up the good work.. but get some sleep.

Gemman

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
MOAR ;)

I like it.

sviveritosviveritoabout 9 years ago
Argggh yet another good story

I like your take and plan on this one...though I still hope one day you might salvage and finish a couple of your earlier unfinished tales....great job though.

C_frommnC_frommnabout 9 years ago
Nice Story

Lets Hope you keep it running it would make an Interesting series.

If she has him fix her Muscle then he can get with Reagan and maybe get farther into her. and learn more about her.

priv8iiipriv8iiiabout 9 years ago
No Vote as it's another story that won't be finished.

I didn't read this nor will I. You have a great talent for writing enjoyable stories... But no talent for actually finishing them... And while it is your prerogative to write about what you want, I can no longer invest what precious little spare time I have in stories and characters that will never get finished. And hopefully one day I'll revisit your page and find that you have finished some of the stories I've enjoyed up to this point. But until then, this is where I get off your train of unfinished stories!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Has potential if you don't fall into your previous patterns

Decent story, but I hope it doesn't follow the same pattern as your previous stories, especially Life as a New Hire.

You have a tendency to spend so much time talking about how the main character is a bad ass and how they set up some great multidimensional trap (going into extreme, pointless detail) and how they weaved an entire conversation a certain way that it becomes one big masturbatory platform for how great the main character.

Secondary characters become trite cheerleaders of the main character, the story is made secondary to pointless exposition, and even the steamy bits (know thy audience) are more about how awesome the main character is than about the intimacy of the act itself.

So, good luck with the new story, but know where you need to improve. And plan out an overall story arc ahead of time so that you stop abandoning stories when you can't think of anything more to write. Endings are good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
This is a pretty good story

It's different from some of your other works that I've read. In the ones I've read, a lone guy is surrounded by a sea of women, all of which are his sex (or potential sex) partners. As I said, this starts out different, and it's very, very refreshing! There are more people of either gender involved. It's much more varying.

I do have to agree with the previous anonymous' comment, though - you spend too much time on explanations. However, it does not seem so tedious as it does in Life as a New Hire. It's possibly because it's only a first chapter. If you were to press on with grand and elaborate explanations, it would ruin the feel of the story.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 9 years agoAuthor
Attempting a new method

I posted this to priv8iii: **Hello. Actually Ebb Tide is my experiment to reverse my previous pattern of leaving a story hanging. I'm trying to schedule the release of various stories so that I promise myself that I only release story A - Chapter 3 after I have finished Story B - Chapter 10. I am hoping this internalized reward system will force me to complete whole story arcs. So far it is working. I refused to submit Ebb Tide One until I finished LNH 38 ~ submitted but not approved yet. Likewise, I am not going to release Ebb Tide 2 (finished) until I finish LNH 39. Even though I've finished Ebb Tide 3 now, I'm going to finish LNH 40 before releasing it. So far, so good. I cranked out 2000 words in LNH 39 last night and my system appears to be working. Clearly my mono-focused method wasn't getting the job done and I was letting down my readership. A side benefit of this new style is my renewed interest in older story lines in the same way ~ if I write one chapter of a current story line then I can release a chapter in an old one. That's my hope anyway.

FinalStand

FungiUgFungiUgabout 9 years ago
A good start

Some of your characters are a bit... recycled? But hey, at least you can write characters (I never could). I enjoy reading your *stories*; it does feel odd at times to be on an erotica site and skipping the sex scenes to be getting back to the story. It's also I think the ultimate praise in your writing.

I hope you consider packaging up some of your completed stories (oh wait, first you need a completed story) and selling them as a novel. I have read one author whose earlier work was on here, and he seems to have taken off well. I think your writing is strong enough to pull off that transition as well.

Cheers for a fun read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
FinalStand, you rock!

FS, once again, you amaze. I definitely enjoyed this start of a new adventure. Looking forward to more!

Honestly, naysayers aside, you could use the break from LAANH. However, if you ever want to go back to that or CCSC or One, I will be thrilled there too.

Riverwolf0222Riverwolf0222about 9 years ago
Retry: Just Wow!

I tried to post this after I finished reading this chapter my third time through. This is a very promising start. I like the character development, and the flashback information to give reference on the evolution/devolution of characters. Another series for me to love and watch for I think. Thank You FS!

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilabout 9 years ago
A bit much

I enjoyed this but found V a bit too over the top. Add the unbelievable intersection of characters and it started to be too much.

Good luck with the motivational exercise. I wouldn't mention it except you brought it up. If it does work, maybe you can extend it to some other terribly tardy tales.

And I am wondering when we will see the SciFi or fantasy aspect of this. I does not seem to be the category.

Nemo18Nemo18about 9 years ago
Confused

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this story. It kept me engaged, I found it confusing and disturbing. I guess I'll have to keep reading to make a final decision.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
BadassBadass

Cant wait for the nex chapter.

ms904191ms904191about 9 years ago
damn

You know the story was good but i am damn frustrated with the wait for next chapter

i wish you could send me a pdf

so that i could read it maybe and wont get too much bored

LustKnightLustKnightabout 9 years ago

Very much enjoying the beginning of this. looking forward to whatever comes next.

txcrackertxcrackerabout 9 years ago
Excellent Story !

Excellent Story i can see how this one would help with the balance of LNH . And also keep your mind stimulated on multiple levels . Thanks for another great read 5 stars as usual .

Thanks again

tx cracker

FinalStandFinalStandabout 9 years agoAuthor
Update (March 18th 2015)

Considering my current emotional log-jam, I've decided to submit Ebb Tide Chapters two and three. Life as a New Hire 39 is still hovering at 12,000 words. I hope you enjoy the continuation of this tale.

NutRanchNutRanchabout 9 years ago
It's all good

Like countless others, I find that waiting for your for your next installments is a test of patience. However, I find myself more than willing to do so knowing that when they come out, I will appreciate them that much more. Thanks for the sneak on two and three.

Handle your business my friend and do what is needed to be a better, happier you.

Be well my friend,

Nut

HamanoHamanoabout 9 years ago
Agree with Nut

Be well and

Thanks for the update

littlesongbirdlittlesongbirdabout 9 years ago
wonderful

More please, this was a great read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Thank you.

Thank you. You are a freaking genius. Oh how I wish that you would add to all your other unfinished series. But at least you keep coming with truly great stories. Thank you again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
re complaints, a song by Traffic

Dear Mister Fantasy play us a tune

Something to make us all happy

Do anything take us out of this gloom

Sing a song, play guitar

Make it snappy

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
HE HAS PICKED A HELL OF A WAY TO INTRODUCE HIMSELF

and don't forget "What goes on in Vegas==Stays in Vegas, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Good read.

Very enjoyable.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 8 years ago
Second time I read this, the first was too far back to remember much.

I really enjoyed reading this, as a former Navy Corpsman many years ago, I liked that part too. I was never 'gung ho' and dodged the Fleet Marines. I'm glad there is another chapter. Thank you, Author, for writing this entertaining story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Imaginative and easy to read

I didn't come to Literotica for reality. I came for a "fix", for my imagination. That said, this was a hit.

JC_The_ContinuerJC_The_Continueralmost 7 years ago
As always, love your work

JC

WatcherEyeWatcherEyeover 6 years ago
This guy never fails to deliver

Damn, this had me hooked the moment I started reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Exellent

I don't think it's gonna go how Circe thinks

Exellent story glad I kept with it now I'm hooked

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Shaggy dog writing; impossible to grok all the dendritic branches.

Ack!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Another hit and miss by this author.

Additionally I'm starting to think he may have some serious trust issues in our friend and helper the police. His characters seem to go out of their way to agonize cops while fratternizing with violent criminals that seem to have a general disregard for human rights. Don't know if the author thinks thats "cool" or just his personal oppinion, however, I for one cannot agree to make sex trafficers as portrayed in this story appear human.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

terrific! Hope you finish up so we know how V and Cael end up. Thanks cowboy100

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

To borrow from a good five-year-old comment, FinalStand delivers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Please finish this story! V deserves better. He is one of your two best characters along with Cael. Thanks again for your efforts. Cowboy100

cutedaddy69cutedaddy693 months ago

Refreshingly to the point, dryly humorous and quick witted.

The other day i came across a phrase-part going "they went in, after she unlocked and opened the door..“. By some contributor somewhere on this site, clearly suffering from the misconception his/her readers need explained that entering often happens through doorways, with doors that therefore need opening and, yet therefore, unlocking. I swiped out of the story immediately. So tiring!

You obviously don't suffer the same at all, and yet this is your first story i ever read! Almost giving up on L, now renewed fan vows! U rock, tx, 5† not sufficient.. :-(

cutedaddy69cutedaddy693 months ago

Btw, experience taught me your impression most cops would not pass moral scrutiny is spot on. Abuse of power, even in small quantities, is detrimental to society's best interest, yet abound in law enforcement officer's behaviour. Serve and protect 65% my ass.

Any commenters not agreeing to your stance on that come from (too much) privilige.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Ebb Tide Series Info