All Comments on 'Ebb Tide Ch. 02'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
geonisisgeonisisabout 9 years ago
Better every time

Your work it just keeps getting.

Maybe I did that backwards.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
That's another morning enjoyed.

I was going out but I stayed in with your latest creation.

Keep it up.

Les

Lonely_readerLonely_readerabout 9 years ago
Up to your standard

The only thing that bothers me is that I almost missed this story, being uploaded in the group sex category.

postiemanpostiemanabout 9 years ago
very good

up to your normal high standard, hope you are getting better and the teeth are sorted m8

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Awesome read

Excellent read once again. You write the good guy sociopath so well it's scary!

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
congrats

FS, my congratulations on the quality of your imagineering of this series. This chapter is a fantastic roller-coaster of dramatics and psychological ferocity.

dinkymacdinkymacabout 9 years ago
Excellent!

Thanks for sharing.

FknRaFknRaabout 9 years ago
fantastic as always

Sad that LNH is on hold, but i get that you follow a story till it runs out then move on. I hope you find your inspiration for it again, till you do I'll gladly read what else you decide to publish. I like this story line so far. I like stories that get inside peoples heads. I like character development, and this has it in spades. Keep up on your health, we want you around for a long time to come.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
WHO-DUN-IT MURDER MYSTERY SPY STORIES

are like the tide rushing in. TK U MLJ LV NV

gemman1gemman1about 9 years ago
Your typical Good Work

Fantastic story.. as usual... keep up the good work. I look forward to reading the next installment when it comes out. Your loyal fans understand your writing style and support you.

Gemman

txcrackertxcrackerabout 9 years ago
Another Excellent Chapter in another Great Series !

Another fine chapter in another fine series ! Needless to say I really enjoyed this one. Another 5 Stars for your effort .

Thanks again

tx cracker

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilabout 9 years ago
As much as I enjoyed this....

I am going to try holding off on reading any more chapters until I see one posted with A 'Conclusion' in the tag line.

I have become tired of having stories left unfinished by such a good writer. If a couple of the ones left danggling were to ever be wrapped up, I probably extend that to being a good author.

But there are just to many fascinating characters JS has left in the ditch for me to invest anything in another. I know the reasons but I don't have to enable them.

Here is hoping for the 7th or 8th time to be proven wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Interesting Story Line

I am enjoying the story but I am having a hard time ignoring the blatant medical and tactical oversights. Paramedics in ambulances do not carry or give plasma. 99% of pistols that are carried concealed shoot three shot bursts. On the other hand he does accurately portray the determination, loyalty, and bravery of Navy Corpsmen. Hell he even spells it right, unlike the POTUS.

joaodasdesgracasjoaodasdesgracasabout 9 years ago
Why risk ruining a good story?

Why indeed. Vance is such a Mary Sue. This kind of a character would be fine in a 90min dumb action movie, but in such lung and good story? It is quite glaring.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 9 years agoAuthor
joaodasdesgracas and others ...

Ummm ... Vance isn't a Mary Sue mainly because I'm glad I'm not him. I am happily a father of two wonderful kids, I have the tendency to forgive because hanging on to hate poisons the soul nor have I ever wanted to be a paramedic, or even a 'macho guy with guns'. I am a fucking fantastic male of the species without the need for a body count. I do not see Vance's propensity for violence as a good thing either. What I do see in Vance is an interesting character who isn't me. I've never written a paramedic, or a SARC, before so I'm exploring that possible mentality. Finally, a Mary Sue is unbeatable ... if you think I've written Vance as unbeatable, or even thinking his unbeatable ... I don't know what to say. He doesn't do everything himself, has friends who help him do things he cannot do and screws up. If he didn't screw up, he wouldn't have gotten himself fired. Now, I would find it interesting to have a friend like Vance as long as I remembered to tread carefully.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 9 years ago
Really enjoying this story!

Just different enough to have it's own edge...immensely entertaining...definitely interesting...I'm hooked!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
You need to finish and publish

I am sure that many people have told you this.

You can make money selling these stories as books.

If you need an agent, I can recommend one.

You have one problem: you must finish stories. You don't have to finish everything. But you do have to make an end that would wrap up a book so it can be sold. You must do this first, before contacting an agent.

The reason you should put real effort into the otherwise disagreeable job of finishing stories is that it will make it possible for you to make some money back from all the time you spend on this hobby. That will in turn make it possible for you to defend your use of time to your wife and friends.

Honestly, great job dude.

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 5 years ago
Dear Anony,

Nobody asked for or wants your opinions on what they should do with their lives. We are all fortunate that James, AKA FinalStand, generously shares the products of his talent with us. If you truly understood the creative process, we would be reading your writings, and you wouldn't be hiding as Anonymous.

That being said, you are completely clueless to the very real handicaps with which James is struggling, so unless you can be supportive, kindly keep quiet. Thank you, James for managing to gift us with another installment of Ebb Tide.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
more please

Would have to be one of the most engaging stories I've read on this site. Loved it, more please.

cutedaddy69cutedaddy693 months ago

So much to do, in less and less time, on account of your stories, you cunning conniving bastard.. Stop writing already, ur ruining my schedule !!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
5299 Followers
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Ebb Tide Ch. 01 Previous Part
Ebb Tide Series Info

SIMILAR Stories