All Comments on 'Ebb Tide Ch. 04a'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
geonisisgeonisisalmost 9 years ago
Amazing again

I really wasn't expecting this today. I should have been, but I wasn't. Is it still your intention to conclude this in 7(ish) parts?

RedRhythmicSerpentRedRhythmicSerpentalmost 9 years ago
An Outstanding chapter

in yet another exciting adventure. I enjoy your work, thank you.

fanfarefanfarealmost 9 years ago
Quandry...

....Do you want Law & Order or do you want Justice?

As each of us, all of us, when we try to be honest, use the following definition for our personal concept of justice:

"Justice is what I do to you. Injustice is what you do to me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Excellent

Thank You for another chapter and a great story.

LustKnightLustKnightalmost 9 years ago
Bilingual Bonus...

...Chretienne Gris, nice. XD

Another delightful chapter, looking forward to more.

dapidapialmost 9 years ago
Thank you.

At last another long awaited chapter to this story has arrived. V is an antihero that grows on you and he deserves a full series of his own. I'm looking forward to the next installment in this story and hope there will be another installment to this series.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Nice work!!

This is the third of your writing that I have read inside of a week, you already know your pros' please keep writing and PUBLISH !!! Your stories put me in mind of other writers series " Destroyer", The Survivalist, and "MAC BOLAN" to mention just a few.

innconnu@rmcclus1

shyqashshyqashalmost 9 years ago
Publishing

Finalstand has started publishing Life as a New Hire on Amazon and Smashwords.

He's also publishing a Sci-fi story not published here (Nanites).

FrenchFriesFrenchFriesalmost 9 years ago
Another?

I love your work, and know that it takes time to put a good story together. But I'm so impatient! When will part b be out?

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Update June 15th 2015

Right now I"m going through and intense period of 'Writer's Block' and I don't see a new chapter of Ebb Tide coming out for two more weeks ~ due to a medicine I was taking [Invega Sustenna], but have given up in order to be creative again. LNH 41 and Ebb Tide 4B are on the top of things to be submitted, I swear.

Flymaster60Flymaster60almost 9 years ago
Thank you !!!!!!

Thanks for the update FS.... I have been to busy to check this site for your stories... but glad to see you are still around.... Cant wait for LHN 41 and EBB 4b.....

NutRanchNutRanchalmost 9 years ago
Just stay healthy and happy

Only you and your family can make those decisions so do what you think best for your long term heath and happiness.

Your fans will understand whatever you decide. And if some don't like your decision, zu schlecht, so traurig. Es ist nicht ihre entscheidung.

Wohl sein mein freund.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Good stuff

Very nice. Mr. Clark would be proud. I will enjoymore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

great character development - sequels?

Theme34xcpTheme34xcpover 8 years ago
great stuff

Hey I live your stories, especially Life of a new hire and this one. Was wondering if there's any update coming so far? Any plans? Seems awfully quiet.

Flymaster60Flymaster60over 8 years ago
Hey FS

Hey dude... loved reading the chapter again... like where you are taking the guy... anyword on the next chapter in this story?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great writer but questionable ending.

Wow, wonderful writing but where did the story go? There was no real conclusion, unless this is more than a four part story and more is coming.

KanadaKanadaabout 8 years ago
Great Story

Really enjoyed this story FinalStand. Hope you are well and writing more again soon. Have read other stories of yours as well. You are a talented writer. Thanks for some great escapes from hum drum reality.

muze1602muze1602about 8 years ago
Great story, couldn't put it down

Love the details. Having read some of your earlier stuff, this writing is significantly better and worthy of putting into a full blown novel. Love it.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsalmost 8 years ago
Wonderful

Beenmaking inroads to reading most of your stories. Outside of LNH I would say this is the most entertaining. Though my ranking would be ...

1) LNH

2) Ebb

3) One in 10

4) WoR

5) Mrs Harrdison

6) Technician

I havent read CCSC yet but that is next I think. Really hope this storyline continues.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsover 7 years ago
You said it was a matter of perspective

Does that mean there is a chance of this getting the 4b update? I know you said this was only going to be a 7 chapter and was going to be for your experimentation needs, but this has become quite a good story in its own right. Either way, hope to see more of this down the road. Keep up the good work.

GryphonMeidhGryphonMeidhover 7 years ago
Great story

I love this story... In the beginning of the first chapter you mentioned it will be 7 chapters, and in the comments for this chapter you mention "LNH 41 and Ebb Tide 4B are on the top of things to be submitted, I swear." I've read LNH through 47 so I know that was submitted (another awesome story, btw). Any chance you have 4B still around and ready to submit?

FinalStandFinalStandover 7 years agoAuthor
GryphonMeidh - Update - October 11th, 2016

I've been bouncing back between various tales recently and made real progress with Ebb Tide 4 B. I'm up to 12,00 words and growing as of tonight.

James aka FinalStand

Dont_miss_meDont_miss_meover 7 years ago
Great story line...

This is every bit as good as your LNH storyline. I now have two storylines look forward to updates from you for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Any updates?

.

FinalStandFinalStandover 7 years agoAuthor
Update October 19th, 2016 [1:30 PM EDT]

I am at 22,550 words as of this posting. I've been making roughly 2,000 words progress a day continuously for some time now so I consider this real progress. I cover a good deal of 'character development', but need to work on my sex scene.

James aka FinalStand

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsover 7 years ago
Bouncing off the Walls!

Yay this is promising to be a great chapter, 22,500 words and it isn't completed yet ... yay ... pretty much all I can say to this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hey FS

Any progress? You mentioned in LNH comments that you have written 30K words of ebb tide!

FinalStandFinalStandover 7 years agoAuthor
Update, December 17th 2016

I'm currently at 32,311 words and ALMOST finished. I still need to do is finish up the first scene (the sex) and write the Epilogue. After hammering away at most of the chapter I hit a wall and I'm trying to work around it. I can't give you a date where I will send the finished product to my editors yet. Ugh.

I hope you can consider it a positive note I have begun writing on other stories here and there. I'd really like to regain my focus, but at least I've been 'creative', right?

James aka FinalStand

hellinahelmethellinahelmetabout 7 years ago
Sweeeeet......

Coming beautifully together....well done w/double *¨KUDOS* on your story, good research on the SOG, with force recon reaching back since VN times with them, "docs" patched me up a couple of times with only duct tape and super glue and I´m still here. Take your time on any, or all of your stories, I appreciate the effort you spend on them for the factual spins and background info you bring up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Update?

.

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 7 years agoAuthor
Anonymous ~ Update April 10th, 2017

Like too many other stories of mine, this one remains stuck 95% finished. I have to link a few scenes together and polish off the first scene ... and then you should have a ten page (32,841 words) installment of this tale.

After this comment I have re-opened this file and begun working on it again - the first time since February 28th. I hope something 'clicks' and I can finish it. If you really can't wait, drop me a line and I'll send you an unfinished copy.

Thanks for your attention,

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
No need to Rush..

Thanks for replying James. Talking about reading, I want to read the complete story so take your time. Your stories always have a certain way which keeps the reader interested throughout so I don't know if reading an unfinished one will have that same effect.

kevin235kevin235almost 7 years ago

This series wasn't at all what I was expecting when I started reading, it's well written has a lot of detail, and plenty of back story on every character. Its been a long time since I enjoyed reading something this much. Can't wait for the rest

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 7 years agoAuthor
Update June 13th, 2017 ~ Ebb Tide 4b has been submitted!

Woot! My second story of 2017 is done. I think I'll polish off two already completed 'new' tales before tackling other established stories. It just feels good to finally get this one out there.

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Please another ?

As always, it is a pleasure reading your works.

As a native french speaker, if you want to go for more realism, I advise the following:

- Germaine is a girl name, the male equivalent would be Germain (without the "e")

- Jean (name of the cook) is a male name in french, female would be Jeanne

- The name Chretien is quite infrequent in French as it means christian. It would be quite a difficult name to bear and could explain why he is a bully as he probably was bully when little. That would be if it was his real name, for a spy name it is unusual and easy to remember the name. The closest most used name would be Christian but it could sound funny in an english text or Christophe. For a list of the most used name in france, second column boys and forth for girls: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_des_pr%C3%A9noms_les_plus_donn%C3%A9s_en_France

- The surname Gris is also not one of the most frequent one but is the translation of Gray that you use for the CIA spooks, so it makes sense, if you a usual name keeping the colors system, the best name would be Blanc (white). A list of the most used french surname could be found there https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_des_noms_de_famille_les_plus_courants_en_France

- In the french sentence "En commancant par vous, de Parachutiste d'Infanterie de Marine", it should be changed to the following "En commencant par vous, le parachutiste d'infanterie de marine."

Please keep up the good work.

And hopefully we will be able to see the ending of Life as a New Hire, this one and one in 10.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 4 years agoAuthor
Anonymous - thank you

Dang it - those were some simple mistakes too ...

First one - check

Second one - check

Third & Fourth one - I was stealing the name Christian Gray from the 50 Shades of Gray novels, recreating the billionaire stalker in a less flattering light. I could use Blanc though if I ever get back to my Nanites story line as there is a French spook I have named Marcel (no last name), but Blanc would fit in nicely.

Fifth one - I'm currently stuck using Google translate for my French as I last took French in college ... thirty-five years ago. I was also taught French in my preschool in Toronto much longer ago.

*Please keep up the good work.*

Why, thank you once more. I like to think I turn out stories worth reading.

*And hopefully we will be able to see the ending of Life as a New Hire, this one and one in 10.*

I'm hoping the muses will sing to me once more too. Currently I'm writing fantasy tales not worth submitting (in my opinion), but with the new year ... who knows. Thanks you again for your feedback and advice, take care and have a wonderful New Year.

James aka FinalStand

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

Still delivering the goods. Of course, five stars. This last bit got rather violent. Might add some sort of reader warning at the beginning?

A little quibble. The only AR-14s are on paper. It was not even to be a military rifle. Search the 'Forgotten Weapons' YT channel. The civilian versions of the AR-type rifle are the AR-15s.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
5285 Followers
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Ebb Tide Ch. 03 Previous Part
Ebb Tide Series Info

SIMILAR Stories