All Comments on 'Eighteen Months'

by Christie052780

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
JudyLeeJudyLeeover 8 years ago
Happy ever after.

I was expecting a typical coercion story and maybe some bdsm. I was pleasantly surprised that it turned into a love story. I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well that sure seemed like romance to me

Did I miss something? UGH! 1 star

ZorrosBlindfoldZorrosBlindfoldover 8 years ago
Abuse

This is not BDSM, this is abuse. She was raped. If you're going to put this under BDSM, not the nonconsent section, please add a trigger warning. This had many elements of my sexual assault and I was in tears by the second page. I couldn't finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Stockholm Syndrome is not love. How long will he wait before he starts fucking his daughter? Sorry, but no romance here. Shoulda put it in noncon.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 8 years ago
Wow. I'm amazed.

He actually took her to the hospital to have the baby and didn't just put her in a cattle pen and leave her to get on with it. Very well written which is why I continued to read. This would have been fine in non con, but not here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hmmm

Rape. Abuse.

Stockholm synd.

Take the daughter and run while she can before he rapes the little girl next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I liked the story even if it was i the wrong category. This is noncon, not bdsm.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Sense of timelessness

This story begins in the present with contemporary sensibilities, which is why so many commenters seem affronted by where it leads. It quickly veers into an alternate reality that feels as if from earlier times. When a person could be indentured or enslaved and treated however the owner pleased. This still exists in parts of our world. Occasionally even in this country, usually with immigrants. And the sexual component certainly flares up with servants. Whether Awnold in Callyfawnya or Ben and the Nanny. Or Filipino or Indian women in Hong Kong or Dubai. Or poor women escaping to the Colonies back in the 1600s....But whether past or present, there has always been a gradual negotiation of roles with servants/slaves and masters/mistresses, between husbands and wives in awkward arranged marriages. Sex is often part of it. Sometimes it just happens. Sometimes it is forced. Sometimes it is ambiguous. In this story, there is a sense of authenticity because it is seems both forced and ambiguous. It draws upon this long legacy and is well realized. And the long negotiation is mostly nonverbal--as it often is. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very interesting

Both people had issues, but after a trial living together, they found love, happiness and satisfaction. Now a babe. good luck to them.

gatorjohngatorjohnover 8 years ago
Excellent writer, best story yet.

Thoughtful, sensitive, erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Like Always...

Your stories grip the reader - from the moments of doubt and reluctance and, yes - there's no other word for it - rape, to that moment where people and lives change forever. Both the characters in this story grew; she wanted safe harbor and money, he wanted a farm-hand and pleasures of the flesh. In the end they found the meaning of life. Well done, like always. Please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Stockholm syndrome to the max!!

is makes me wanna fulfil my desires of having a captor I keep against her will fall in love with me. beautiful,just beautiful

kaitlyn_sunkaitlyn_sunabout 8 years ago

absolutely amazing. this could never be a book, or a movie.... it's too dark. but it's so wonderfully sexy and human. thank you for it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Awesome story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
beautiful story best love for old man

best love story for old man an young girl. would like her to produce more work as this.

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMomabout 8 years ago
Loved it Thank you Christie

Difficult situations arise throughout life sometimes it takes an unprecedented or unusual decision to resolve it. Life itself is difficult and unfair sometimes and we have to do certain things just to survive. I have an Uncle who is a Vietnam war vet he never talks about it. According to my Mom he said "I'm saying this only once so no one ask me again, but I had to forget who I was and be someone else to survive." To me that's how Sarah had to be at the start, her survival was important to her. As she said at one point she soon came to realize who are real friends were. She could have disappeared and no one would have cared about it. I know from experience how things are when people turn on you or want little to do with you. You got 5 stars from me it's not often you write Christie but I love it when you do. It causes me to think about what you've written and that's always a good thing for a writer and a reader.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
my opinion

Great story!! Good background, seems like true feelings at times. I would have liked to see a detailed experience with oral and the taste of each other.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
How often does this happen in real life?

I read your story and I wondered how often this happens in real life where a young woman makes the economic choice to be with an older man? In that context your story isn't all that far-fetched at all.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 8 years ago
To Anonymous 5/14/16

SSA doesn't pay student benefits unless a child who attains age 18 is a full time student in high school. The benefit ends upon graduation from high school or age nineteen depending on which one occurs first. There has not been SSA student benefits for college since about 1982. Look it up at www.socialsecurity.gov

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story

Awesome, awesome, awesome! I love this story and it feels like it has a satisfying ending. The story has a few ever present but inaccurate clichรฉs from the girl's point (i.e: hymen breaking, semen flowing out, etc) which is typical for men's writing. Also, no pregnant woman alive, in her 3rd trimester, would describe herself "as something different yet still beautiful" LOL. It was an enjoyable read. Thank you!

Clarissa72Clarissa72almost 7 years ago
Nicely written story

I really enjoyed this story. It's nice to read a story that is persuasive and not completely forced or over the top sexually. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Ridiculous

Stats off well and then you turned it into a magic dick story. Lame.

wanderinggipsywanderinggipsyalmost 7 years ago
pathetically dumbass ending!! ;)) what a dumbass heroine!! ;))

a female writer creating such a queen of dumbasses female lead?!!;))see the ending chapter...pathetically dumbass!! ;))

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Pretty story?

Every writer has his own plot; it is fictional, so don't read if it's not your liking. Don't cry if it's not anathomophysiologically accurate.

It is nicely written and funny, so don't go over yourself with (-) reaction.

I give it a 4 out of 5.

FatChick4EroticaFatChick4Eroticaover 6 years ago
Hmmm...

This story was dark and I nearly stopped reading when I reached the rape scene as flashes of my own experience surfaced, but the story was written and edited with such attention to detail that I was compelled to finish it. I am not sure why I started reading this story, given my history, and I am not entirely sure how I felt about it, but I cannot complain as it was clearly labeled non consent. That said, I must admit that it was withought a doubt written by a talented writer, as only gifted writers have the power to evoke strong feelings and emotions in readers, even if they are unpleasant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Rape is still rape

No way his rape of her can be good in any way. I would give it a zero if that was an option.

detroitdave

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Extortion and Stockholm Syndrome

He treated her as if she were chattel. Hateful!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Your story is fine

I am unsure about all the comments on how this story is horrible because it has rape. Why go to a website that has nonconsent sex and then let it trigger? Some people would complain if you coated them with honey and licked them clean....

Your story is fine and is exactly as expected.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
One of the better stories on here.

This was a great story. To the people below, no one is saying it isnโ€™t rape, nor does the author take a moral stance one way or another (at least not in the story, maybe she does elsewhere). Stories are not meant to have everyone be nice to each other, this was an excellent and very real exploration of the feelings of a young girl trapped in a bad situation. I very much liked it.

thomas_deanthomas_deanover 4 years ago
Coming Of Age On the Farm

This is an interesting coming of age story. Left on her own by tragedy, Susan, forced out of school and left on her own, takes up with Uncle Kevin on his ranch. Widowed by the premature demise of Susan's aunt, Kevin proposes 18 months servitude in exchange for a chunk of money.

Having arrived with the clothes on her back, Susan reluctantly agrees to serve Kevin at his beck and call. As a condition of her servitude, she must give up birth control pills. Even though Susan is now unprotected, their relationship remains more or less proper until Susan's clothes are drenched in horse dung while she was helping Kevin in the barn.

The shower of horse manure which required Susan to present her body to Kevin's view and the submission to a rough hosing down symbolize the total break with the past life and the birth into a new one, Susan's relationship following the crude shower in the barn, changed; the relationship became more serious.

Eventually, Susan became pregnant. Before delivering a daughter, Kevin and Susan are married by a local judge. Susan makes a friend at the ceremony. When, after the birth of their daughter, Kevin lived up to her promise, Susan decided to put it in trust for her children.

Perhaps the author tells us that circumstances force people into an adult role. Erotic elements support the story line.

rayironyrayironyabout 4 years ago
Gotta say but i find this story ugly!

It's a repugnant fantasy that disrespects the woman at the expense of her hopes and dreams for a selfish old asshole.

The writing wasn't bad, if somewhat laborious, but the totality was grim.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A DIFFERENT VIEWPOINT?

I differ with the previous commenter -- I felt warmed by the looking-up ending of an overall positive story.

I seldom read NonConsent/Reluctance. I read this one because a commenter on the author's "FAQ: How Can You Write This?" said Eighteen Months was his favorite by Christie.

I was not disappointed.

I gave it 5 stars ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ

In contrast to some commenters, I was expecting Kevin to start sex with Susan right away after she signed the agreement. This expectation was due to the contract terms (you have to do whatever I want) combined with the story category.

The reason I normally avoid NonConsent/Reluctance is that I prefer agreement, or even better, eagerness. I'm repulsed by some of the violent, forced-against-strenuous -resistance stories involving pain deliberately inflicted to the pleasure of the perpetrator. Kevin's milder persuasion, while being concerned that Susan ultimately and eventually enjoy it -- that is acceptable to me. In the end they were both better off for it.

The commenter just before me thinks it was "at the expense of her hopes and dreams." But, as I see it, her original hopes and dreams (having come to a dead end, already) modified to new, revised hopes and dreams that she is now happy with. Besides, I thought, too often the hopes and dreams of young people crash in divorce. In contrast, Susan is with a stable man/living situation, already with the first of expected children. And I like happy endings.

Interesting, enjoyable, well-written read.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Excellent story!

The story is very well written.

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

What a great love story with a great happily ever after. Well done 5 stars

icemn67icemn67over 2 years ago

Great Story, with an unusual interaction. Well Done!

UncertainTUncertainTalmost 2 years ago

Very well written, and it is a fantasy of the imagination.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This was an exceptional story and I'm sorry that the author is no longer with us to read this or any other comment. Christie was certainly a very talented woman and the world is diminished by her loss.

Rest in Peace, Christie.

MtRseMan99MtRseMan992 months ago

Very nice story. Sorry the author has passed. She gave a great example of a story and theme. May her soul rest in God's hands and she be given eternal peace.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userChristie052780@Christie052780
27 July 2019 There's no graceful way to say this so I will simply say it: I've been diagnosed with stage four pancreatic cancer and it got caught late and even though the doctors and nurses say nice things their faces say everything else. My family will be fine however this g...