All Comments on 'Electric Dreams'

by BillandKate

Sort by:
  • 109 Comments
johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 3 years ago

Fun story. Start of a new partnership? Roland and Turner? Hmmm - I hope so. Thanks for sharing your work.

mordbrandmordbrandover 3 years ago
Sad

But people do go to such lengths for such a small amount of money. One million isn't even that much today with inflation, but some folks will lie, cheat, steal, or kill for money.

One of your better stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Good!

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 3 years ago

That's a great detective story and a very enjoyable read. Logical and tightly plotted. Good job!. 5*, of course.

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
Another Good One

Nothing to say except, another good story. 5*

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoover 3 years ago

As always, your work is outstanding. Love the story, more please!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago
Solid work as usual

The first part of the story regarding the fixer upper house was similar to another story in LW (I was worried it was a rewrite) but then it went in a different direction. I would have liked a little more detail about the turmoil leading up to the murder, but a great effort by you two nonetheless. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5/5 Thank you

It is great to see a good story without all the political drivel.

rnebularrnebularover 3 years ago
Great as I knew it would be

Thanks for once again sharing your wonderful gifts with us. Always happy to see a new BillandKate story pop up, and wasn't disappointed. The attention to character details made it feel like a movie, wishing the whole time that Zoe would somehow poetically electrocute herself ;)

Thanks for a great start to my day! Easy 5*

Rnebular

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Very well written story.

JRandyJJRandyJover 3 years ago
Partnership.

Yea great read. I think this could lead you guys to a series. These two as as private detectives. With a money man Cal. Keep em coming. Enjoy your writings.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 3 years ago
Great story

I love the Karin character and all her tales. Keep giving her great stories to tell. I especially enjoyed the entire plot and outcome. Thanks for sharing your talent.

FljimFljimover 3 years ago
Really Good

I enjoyed it! Thanks

steppinontoessteppinontoesover 3 years ago
Excellent

One million wouldn’t very long at all, especially after state and federal taxes, but as Bocephus sang, “My friend lost his life for $47.”

Please keep the Karin stories coming.

NipplesandwineNipplesandwineover 3 years ago

Thank you great story, Really like the karin character hope to see more of her .5stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fun read!

easily a 5. I wouldn't want to own a house in Portland now. Property values have plummeted after more than 100 nights of rioting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent story

5 stars all the way

mainer42mainer42over 3 years ago

Great character in Karin. Love the way your two tell a tale

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Oh what a tangled web we weave

When first we practice to become a psycho bitch. Thank you for this great story.

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
PLANS OFT GO AWRY

especially where big bucks get tangled with adultery. TK U MLJ LV NV

G1962G1962over 3 years ago
Great Story!

It ended like it should have.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Such a drak story

Dark story, it would have been perfect if both lovers were killed in jail.

Thank you very much.

BoytitsBoytitsover 3 years ago

I felt like I was watching Murder She Wrote ,enjoyed the story solid 4 from me.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Great story as usual! I like how you used $ signs as section breaks. Love of money (greed) is the root of all evil.

5

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 3 years ago
hmm

bill and kate ride again. i could have without the victim's political views though. just made me think one less dumbass in the world. then story and damn that good writing made it very much worth it. ty for the read

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Distinct whiff...

...of sheer quality! Great story, plot and highly believable characters. All as you would expect from the excellent pen (suppose that's keyboard now) of BillandKate. Many thanks for your work as always. 5*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"The lawyers tried to have Zoe's confession thrown out" - Even without the confession, don't they have her on tape saying, "I killed my husband for you!"

I was hoping that somehow the plot would fail and Derek wouldn't be killed.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 3 years ago

Well done. Kind of like Columbo: the audience knows "whodunnit", now it only needs to be proved.

Great story. Thanks for posting.

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfover 3 years ago
Great read

Great STORY, Well written. Like reading a detective novel. Loved it. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Kinda boring

Ellery Queen you ain’t. Focus on people fucking. That back from the dead gag went out before I was even born, and I’m old.

I also think this is like a cheesy episode of murder she wrote, and that’s not a compliment.

King_WillieKing_Willieover 3 years ago
Good story

But it hurt me, for some reason

The murderers went to jail, but Derek deserved better than this.

I guess it's true what they say, you can play all the cards right and still loose.

Excelent writing nevertheless, thank you for yet another exciting peek into the life on an (un)loving wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story , but unusual

to find a well written, cleverly plotted story in Loving Wives. Giving it the 5 it deserves.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 3 years ago

You guys write great stories. This is full grades as always and, I want to give you folks a big thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You two are top writers on this site

All your stories are great. Nothing under a 4 that’s amazing

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

A very good day in LW with several good stories topped off with another great story from the always solid Bill&Kate. I love good detective stories, and anything with Karin in it has to be good. Zoe and Paul were a couple of idiots who killed a good man and deserve whatever miseries the Oregon State Pen can offer them. The "Derek's Ghost" actor and phone calls were a great touch to the story. Always a pleasure to read your work.

Bebop3Bebop3over 3 years ago

Excellent story. Please publish more often.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story 5 stars

Thank you for your hard work. This could have been put in many categories but it is a very well written story. I loved all of the characters.

reasonable man

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

The bit about the dog barking strangely at night he is taken directly off a he famous Sherlock Holmes story

So while it's not completely original if you get points for emulating the great Sherlock Holmes

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 3 years ago

Enjoyed it very much: especially the curious incident of the dog in the night-time.

GA

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Following in the footsteps of the great ones?

Christie, Doyle and Chandler aren't in any danger but this was entertaining. And that's really all that matters. Thanks for the effort.

4 stars

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago

gave it a 5 star, it was a really cool story to read. sad to see Derek died though. wished there was an epilogue about what the duo is going through in prison.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wonderful, original story!

Truly inspired story. Karin is good people and a very good detective.

The penny was a good idea, but why not put it in the outdoor outlet fuze?

Sal's testimony of Derek's abnormal behavior (penny in fuse box), once he showed up, should have triggered reopening the case, but he made the right call to approach the insurance agency.

Excellent job! Easy 5*s.

BillandKateBillandKateover 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks for all the great comments - glad so many of you enjoyed our story and took the time to write.

to sbrooks - Why try to have the confession thrown out even though Zoe said, "I killed my husband for you." ?Because the confession in the squad room proved Paul's part and that it was a conspiracy to commit the murder. Premeditation changes the crime from second-degree to first-degree murder. Simply saying "I killed..." doesn't prove prior intent; the lawyers could have argued that it was Derek who placed the pennies in the fuse box.

And to Anon's question why not use the penny in the outdoor socket? Because that socket has a GFI feature that trips when there's a surge and it's hard to bypass. We actually talked to a good friend of ours who is an electrician to verify all this. We think he's still scratching his head and keeping an eye on us.

Thanks again,

B&K

saddletramp1956saddletramp1956over 3 years ago
Karma

It can be a real bitch at times. Thanks! Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
wonderful story as usual, but......

I dont believe that Oregon H S's use the old 440 or 880 yard measurements. Almost all schools have switched to metric, i.e., 400 and 800 meters. FYI. 5*

Thank you, again!

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago
Thanks

Good story. Liked you bring Karin back for another story.

jmmj5jmmj5over 3 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed this. More, please. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
GO BEARS!

Very nicely done.

I'm guessing we'll get to read a lot more about Karin.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Premeditated murder is out of place on an erotic story site.

I quit reading when that subject appeared. I think there are other forums for that type of fiction.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 3 years ago

5 stars+ i love this story. Well done, and thank you.

DevilbobyDevilbobyover 3 years ago
Good story

I thoroughly enjoyed it you deserve a bonus for that, shame 🌟 count stops at 5.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 3 years ago

Well done. I really enjoyed this.

Hooked

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 3 years ago

When I read these stories I know I'm going to like them and it reminds me of a lyric in the song by Joe Walsh;

I make hit records, my fans they can't wait

They write me letters, tell me I'm great

So I got me an office, gold records on the wall

Just leave a message, maybe I'll call

I can't wait until you guys write another story ;-)

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 3 years ago
Very enjoyable reading

I really enjoy your character writing of Karin. Definitely look forward to your next submission. If you have any e-books please drop a hint. I know several good writers like you have done it from cutting there teeth on this site. You definitely have the talent to do it. 5 stars all the way!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
How old is this?

440? 880? I ran those distances in high school in 1948-49. They're 400m and 800m nowadays. Nobody uses the old imperial measures any more.

TeggeTeggeover 3 years ago

Really like what Karin brings to your stories. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Uh... Murder is a problem?

My suspicion is that you don't watch much TV or read many books. Murder abounds in stories, it is basic to so many entertaining plots.

Not just fiction either, there are a lot of lessons taught with murder. I seem to recall a story about Cain and Abel starting off quite a collection of murders. Also sex. It is a really popular book, right up there with Mao's Little Red Book in terms of the number printed.

This is fiction. Figure out the difference.

EO

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
love?

You have to love good punctuation (and spelling).

Thanks for a readable read. I'm not quite thrilled by the murder of innocents, but at least there were no cucks involved in the clean-up (which makes this a superb submission - grin).

Smokepole

ohyessssssohyessssssover 3 years ago
?

Sounds like Derek preferred dictators and no additional branches of government. Does that reflect your political views?

BillandKateBillandKateover 3 years agoAuthor

To ohyessssss

No, those are not our political views - this is a fictional character.

We understand there are authors here on Literotica who use their stories to present political or social views; but we don't. To us, it's just fiction and we have no desire to use our fiction to espouse any political, religious ,social or cultural viewpoint.

B&K

IainmoreIainmoreover 3 years ago
Karma.

It would have been perfect if she was fried.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Kill them both

Give them both the needle

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A Great Story

Now I’m gonna have to go back through your old stories to find others with “Karin” in them. I liked her as a character. And I liked this story. But then I’ve always been a fan of murder mysteries. Thanks for this Five Star story.

Alsobrook71Alsobrook71over 3 years ago
One of the best tales I have read on this site.

This story would rival most by my favorite crime/mystery author Jeffery Deaver. Very well put together. Would love to see more of Karin in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Making a character

A complete idiot to fit a plot is easy and shows limited writing skills.

A far too common occurrence on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

To the anonymous commentator below -

And yet you're still here; so who's the complete idiot?

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago
Excellent!

I gave your story 5 * ! It was well written and crafted. It made for a good mystery.

However I really wish Derek had lived. I liked him.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
Doubly Entertaining

First, we get a great, well written detective story which is eminently readable due to near perfect grammar & punctuation.

Second, the icing on the cake is the humorous batch of comments written by subject matter experts from around the world. How reassuring to know we are surrounded by such geniuses (that's Sarcasm with a capital "S").

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Map of the Universe

I loved the story, 5 stars.

A suggestion, with as many stories as you write it would be nice to have a "Map of the Universe" for those of us who come in late. Especially for the series like with Karin. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
As with Perry Mason or Columbo, someone always dies --unfortunatley

A well written story! (5 plus) I hope you keep writing more "Karin" stories. If so, please identify them so readers will know. As for your other anonymous critic, that's only 1 opinion. Keep up the good work. I too wish Derek could have lived, but then where would the story be?

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Just loved this murder mystery, it was just a shame that Derek got murdered, but the investigation that ensued by Sal hiring Karin was amazing. The story flowed so well and the character development was great. The way Karin played Zoe was just a stroke of genius, the confession in the parking lot and then how she got Zoe to spilled her guts when the cops pulled her in. As far as I am concerned they both got off too lightly, they should have gotten life. This one of the better stories I have read so far here on this site. Well done BillandKate 5+stars

francemanfrancemanover 3 years ago

Great story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Like the story

The story started a little slow for me, but I get into "squirrel mode" very easily. Once Karin got into the picture the fun began.

I can confirm the track event naming was an oops. Ran track in the 70's, coached it for 20 years. The 440 and 880 are in yards based on a quarter-mile (440 yard) track. The 1600 is a four lap event based on a 400 meter track. Obviously, the four lap event for the old quarter mile track is the mile run. By the 1990s, most states had transitioned to the metric running distances.

Looked up the running events Oregon HS track. The non-hurdle running events are 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m, and 3000m. Some states run the 1600 and 3200 for the two longer events so the starting line is the same place as finish line. Makes it easier for the starter and timers.

Not a criticism. Just a track geek nerding out. 😁

BigJim48BigJim48almost 3 years ago

Gave it a *4 but only because it didn't have any Loving Wives in it! I like the Karin series.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 3 years ago

Fantastic as usual. Love this authors’ work

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

They just don't have any good crook schools anymore!

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 3 years ago

In Africa constructing a water system. Good grief what a silly plot...

BillandKateBillandKatealmost 3 years agoAuthor

To Xzy89c1

"In Africa constructing a water system" We have two friends (a retired couple) who did just that as volunteers. Lived in the village and built a clean water system.

MightyheartMightyheartover 2 years ago

Loved it.

More please.

Regards

Poppi123Poppi123over 2 years ago

Hannah would not ever have run the 880 (yards) and the 1600, since the 1600 was only run as a relay race in meters. An 880 runner trying the next longer distance would have run the mile. The USA finally converted to running races measured in meters in 1978, including high school, college and all other sanctioned meets. It was very confusing at the time. For example, Tommie Smith, Gold Medal Olympian in 1968 in the 200 meters set the world record in the the 200 meters and the 220 yards in the same 1967 race, measured at two different finish lines. Since this has almost nothing to do with the telling of this very good story, -5-

B3ndoverB3ndoverabout 2 years ago

Excellent story. It would make a good TV movie.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 2 years ago

Very good story! Thank -you

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 2 years ago

@steppinontoes

Life insurance benefits aren't taxable.

@billandkate

Another page-turner (as it were). Just gotta love Karin.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Everyone should have a friend as good as Sal . I have 1 friend that I consider as good as Sal . Yes I was best man as his wedding 27 years ago

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Finally, a "6."

arsenelupin66arsenelupin66almost 2 years ago

This story has all the potential to be a full length novel, and a pretty good one at that. The major flaw in this story is how the pennies were handled; the only time anyone would use this emergency solution would be if the fuse had blown. It would be believable if the cops had found one penny behind a blown fuse, but multiple pennies behind functioning fuses makes no sense and would have raised red flags- this was kind of alluded to in the story, but not developed. Disabling the GFI receptacle then using another outlet completes works, been there, done that. The other aspect of this story that strains credibility is if the wife is so stupid and narcissistic as to do all of this, why would such a good guy as her husband marry her in the first place? Both of these issues could be resolved in full length novel, and I hope the authors choose to expand this series into the commercial space, they write and plot way better than a lot of what is already out there.

SunnyU2SunnyU2almost 2 years ago

@A Bierce Life Insurance payouts ARE taxable. What are talking about?

tonyneatotonyneatoover 1 year ago

Excellent story !!!

NoSauce4uNoSauce4uover 1 year ago

Damn good story.

My only complaint is that you had the wife act way to vapid in the end. I'm not a pro, but I think you could have let her explode into some hysterical temper tantrum, admitting that she killed her husband in the process. And after they pressure her a bit, she puts all fault on Paul, telling the police everything. At the trial, the mocks Paul to be as useless as her late husband, showing off her toxic self-centered personality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Creative but dark story. Zoe was one twisted piece of work. Paul was a sociopath also. I can't imagine Derek's thoughts as Zoe came over to drop the trimmer on the tub. Awful. Derek seemed like a nice guy married to a black widow. Her definition of love was sadistic and brutal. Derek never stood a chance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sorry 110 would have not killed him that fast is My first point. I have had 120 go through My hands then Body down to My Knees and then into wet ground when I rewired my Wives Electrical Box in the ground at Boat Drag race's we helped out in. In fact, I really like the Charge it gave Me. lol Next the Cop's drop the ball on digging deeper into going to others that might be involved or know things about the death and the Insurance Company was also stupid for trying to close the case so fast Hell I had a case that was workers comp and the Insurance spent tree time to amount to try and prove they did not owe it to me than it would taken just to Pay off the Bill . My Bill was only $1,200 and one Doctor they sent me two said His Bill was going to be over $2,600 just for the test he had to run on Me . to make is prognoses with . Talk about Idiots LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Reading the previous anon comment, I have to ask - how much have we evolved? Ever since humans first walked out of their caves or climbed down from the trees they've built silly superstitions from a single incident. Something bad happens after a black cat walks past - bad luck. An evil event occurs under the full moon - men turn into horrific beasts when the moon is full. Etc., etc. So many of the commentators to Lit stories do the same thing - this is what happened to me, therefore this is what always happens. The previous commentator states he got an electric shock and didn't die. An insurance company made him prove his disability. Therefore, it's impossible to die when an appliance is thrown in a tub and this story's insurance company would not pay - even after the police close the death investigation as an accident. The internet has provided many benefits, one of those benefits is to illustrate how many truly stupid people there are in the world, and their desire to prove it to the world.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very good series and of that story also.

Been reading like you suggested from the intro of Karin.

I envy laugh hard when Paul botched about 3 bucks extra for the shrimp pad Thai.

You made my day!

Thank you for wry written stories.

I wish you both a long and happy life.

Red8_2Play

LastMissionLastMissionabout 1 year ago

Your stories have been outstanding.

Hiram325Hiram325about 1 year ago

I love these Karin Roland stories! How about a new one soon?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBillandKate@BillandKate
Husband and wife who love to bounce ideas off each other and who enjoy the Loving Wives category of Literotica. We'll keep writing stories - some with BTB, some with reconciliation - as long as the feedback has been mostly positive. The Anom. gallery can be a pain in the ass a...

SIMILAR Stories