All Comments on 'Empty Nest Pt. 03'

by CAROLINA_GENTLEMAN

Sort by:
  • 68 Comments
silentsoundsilentsoundabout 5 years ago
Pretty good.

Anne seemed a little too shallow and stupid as well as selfish and self absorbed to have succeeded at marriage for as long as she did or convince this reader that she actually loved anyone besides herself.

Still a solid series and I gave it a solid 4.

Thanks!

P.S. I did enjoy the ending.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Thoughts

"She was just lonely and he made her feel good about herself and feel wanted." - Of COURSE her husband doesn't make her feel wanted. The bottom line is, no matter how busy her husband is, if she TALKS to him (unique concept in LW!) he'll make time for her. There are also hundreds of volunteer possibilities.

It doesn't say, but I hope he DOES end up with Cathy. Besides being good for both of them, it will be a real knife to the gut for Annie. With any luck she'll leave town to avoid seeing them together!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good friend Ted Jackson

"who just happens to be the area vice president at the bank where both Annie and Sam Mason work. ... He assured me that he would take care of everything and that I would be totally satisfied with his actions."

Wouldn't Sam and/or Annie have lost their jobs?

Nothing was mentioned after the phone call to Ted in Chapter 1. It seems Sam was still working so he could make alimony and child support. And there was nothing about Annie changing jobs.

So what did Ted do to the cheaters?

PowersworderPowersworderabout 5 years ago

It was nice he got confirmation that the wife was still a deceitful whore, so he could kick her to the kerb with a clear conscience. Now if the kids ask him why he never gave her a second chance, he can explain that he tried to, but she never stopped fucking her lover.

This deserves an epilogue though. Did he end up with Cathy?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Annie’s Divorced

Ex hubby has no right to tell Sam to stay away from Annie, she’s her own woman now and can’t dictate who she dates. If I were Sam, I would have told him to go screw himself, she’s a free woman now. Typical ass hole with a god complex. SMH

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Great ending

You took it right to the brink of RAAC, and then saved it perfectly when Anne proved to be a liar as well as a cheater. Just a divorce and no scorched earth revenge. The final dig at Sam is legendary. Great wrap to your story. Keep writing, you have a future here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
That was a lousy ending

This guy could care less that his x wife was fucking Jason. He was a serial cheater.the ending was poorly done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Weak, lousy, lazy ending. Good story ruined by a shite ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
A weak plot, but well told.

The Empty Nest adultery excuse is lame at best, and actually blurs the real problem, a tepid distant weak marriage.

In a strong vibrant marriage, when the kids are (finally!) out of the house, its party time. Clothes become optional, dates and dinners and outings become random, spur of the moment escapes, and sex becomes relaxed and more frequent. Why not? You love and desire each other, and now there is no one in the house but you and your spouse, no one coming into the house unexpectedly, at any hour, listening through a bedroom wall or up the stairs. Like I said, its party time.

When their kids left, Jason spent more time at work, and Annie sought love, affection, and romance from a sleaze-bag asshole. But at least she seems to have really enjoyed the sex. Just shows how deep, emotional and intellectual Annie's sexual enjoyment ran. Give her clit a good workout and she's happy lover, even while fucking a cheating asshole. And Jason just let her slip away, without turning their empty nest into a second honeymoon. They apparently just became house mates with some child rearing history that was a fond memory, but had no lasting affect on their love and devotion for each other.

So I determine that Annie and Jason are better off without each other. Their marriage apparently died due to distraction and lack of interest, and they should both find new partners that excite and arouse their love and compassion as well as lust. All they have now is fuck buddies, because Annie is definitely still fucking Sam, and Jason and Cathy are doing the exact same thing. At least their relationships with their fuck partners are now more honest.

A well told story even if it missed the problem and focused on the symptom. Thanks for the effort.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "A weak plot, but well told"

"And Jason just let her slip away, without turning their empty nest into a second honeymoon." - Why is it only Jason's fault? As the person most freed by the empty nest, shouldn't SHE be the proactive one in reinvigorating their marriage? Meet him at the door in a flimsy negligee or nude. Turn off the TV and seduce him. He's a smart guy, he'll get the message!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Laughably bad.

Sam laughed and told the waitress he wasn't paying for anyone's drink but his own. He got up from the table, threw a tip down and told the asshole to leave him alone. He went home, packed his things and no one heard from him again. No alimony or child support ever arrived again. No one seemed to know where he had gone. Sam thought Europe was great. The end. Badly thought out drivel.

1 star

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchabout 5 years ago
Well done CG, Tough pile of crap foisted on the protag

Least he was smart enough to not eat any of it.

Nice tag at the end.

Ignore the pencil neck haters.

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 5 years ago
Re: Laughably bad.

It's always funny to read comments from Anons that showcased how poor their reading comprehension seems to be.

What exactly about this whole, entire story made you think that Sam has the balls to run away from his obligations, after being directly threatened by a man who's obviously more powerful than he is to not do so?

And what on Earth made you think that, if he actually did ran, Jason doesn't have the money or the connections to track him down? What exactly about Winters made you think he doesn't expect that weasel to try to do a road runner, and doesn't have a contingency plan to make him pay dearly if he does so?

As if Sam has the money to do such a thing... And as if it's really that complicated to track down a new American expat in Europe...

So, as always: please read the story that was written, not the one you made up in your head.

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 5 years ago
Overall: a nice debut.

The author didn't reinvent the wheel with this effort, that's for sure.

But this was still, nonetheless, a nice, well written, enjoyable read.

Actually, CAROLINA_GENTLEMAN brought in an original twist in the 'unwilling cuckold' formula: Jason is not at all how cheated husbands are usually depicted around here. Sure, he was faithful, but he also was powerful, both physically and financially. Fact is, Annie cuckolded him with someone that was essentially inferior to him in every ways that counts. Yet, when it came time for the BIG DISCUSSION, she came out with the same justifications that most of us read from other LW tales, where the wife hook up with a genuine stud: it was only sex, she was depressed, he wasn't really there for her, yadda-yadda-yadda... Which goes to show: it doesn't really matter who you are, what's your job, how do you look like, and/or how loving you are - if your spouse ends up cheating on you, they can claim whatever they want, but the only real reason they've done it was... because they could. Period.

Honestly, though, it should have been put as one, single story instead of three chapters - this would have been, at the most, a four pages upload, which most of us could have read very quickly. Let's hope, from now on, the author will have confidence in his stories from the get-go, and not make us wait for weeks on end for a conclusion.

Oh, by the way, plot-hole alert: what exactly did Ted Jackson did for Jason, about dealing with Annie and Sam? 'Doesn't seems like he got them fired, with is a great thing for both Winters and Cathy, since, with their exes still be employed, he won't have to pay too much alimony, and she will still be able to suck as much money out of her former husband as possible. So what actions did Jackson took that would make Jason 'totally satisfied'? We never got an answer on that one...

Well, welcome to LIT's Hellmouth, aka the Loving Wives section, author. Your first foray here has been, IMHO, an overall success, so I do wish to see more works from you in the coming days/weeks/months. Watch out for those pro-cuck Anons, though - they rarely make any sense, but they sure are loud. Cheers.

moblanemoblaneabout 5 years ago
Well written, Funny and a good story

I take the point from one commenter that 'Sam' could have moved to another country... However I don't think that would have done him any good. Jason has the where-with-all and motivation to track him down, and 'Sam' must know that! However, seeing as Black Label is my scotch of choice. I couldn't see me giving any to a guy who had screwed my wife! Notwithstanding the reciprocal 'service' that had been willingly provided! GOOD JOB 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Mediocre at best

Yeah I'm posting as a nony, because we all use our real names when we log in...

Most of this could have been included in ch2, there was no reason to end on what turned out to be a non-cliffhanger. The only thing it did was bring them together for that final talk.

During that final talk he showed all his trust was gone by having the cameras reinstalled, so lie or not what Annie said was moot for without trust the marriage is over. And yes I believe he had every reason not to trust her.

Curious why Annie had to get an STI test, but he carried on fucking Cathy without mention of either of them getting tested. After all, all 3 of them could have been infected due to their various dalliances.

What's the song in Beauty and the Beast? Tale as old as time. Not a new spin on an old theme.

Tiger27Tiger27almost 5 years ago

Love that last paragraph! This series is a good read and I hope to see more from this author.

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 5 years ago
Brilliant

It s nice to see a new talent of this caliber on Literotica. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Please note that quiet is not spelled quite.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good

Enjoyed it. And thank goodness, this author doesn’t have his wronged husbands crumble

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonalmost 5 years ago
Well done...

An enjoyable story, thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I loved your story

I hated the ex wife though. Not her lying and cheating. She's a weak and selfish person, and we'v all had weak moments in life. Some of us rise above it, but it's relate-able. The compulsive lying is also understandable damage control in a sad and pathetic panic. I'm a compulsive truth teller. I'v got a long history of busted lips to prove it. lol

What I'm actually upset with her about is the depression saga. She was sad, not depressed. I have depression, half my friends have it. Trauma can create temporary depression in even strong extroverted types. I get that. But it's not 'depression'. And she didn't even have depression. She was....sad and bored. Depression is...you lose the will to get up in the morning. You might sleep all day because, 'why not...nothing better to do'. Sometimes depressed people self medicate with drugs or sex, but it's not that common. Depression MIXED with something....yes. 100%. but JUST depression, i'm apathetic to even escapism. i don't look at booze, easy sex, or video games and say, 'hey....that'll help me out'. Realistically you might say , "meh....pass" or "....i guess". her descriptions are that of a sad and bored person that found easy excitement. And she's throwing US under the bus to excuse it. That is ....i dont know. A real dick move. depression is....hard. And it's misunderstood by many. If you live with someone that suffers from it....god bless you. we're not easy to deal with. we cannot control it. it just flares up and flares down. we do best around understanding types and really positive extroverts. most extroverts are pretty shitty towards something they dont understand. but a positive extrovert....is a gem. helps you get outta bed and do some depression fighting activities like socializing and exercise.

and that's the worst part. i'm genetically blessed, pretty smart, fairly social, and in good shape. so why do i feel like shit 60% of the times? depression. that thing your character lies about as a scape-goat. she deserves to be alone just for that.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 5 years ago
Strange.

Very good right until the end.

What was that?

Was that supposed to be a payback?

"Don't do it again!"?

Well, I don't care who fucks my ex wife.

But if he'd done it while I was married to her,

I certainly wouldn't be buying him a whisky bottle!

No, the end was bad.

Better luck next time CAROLINA_GENTLEMAN.

4 out of 5 from me.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 5 years ago

Now that was a purely classy ending, 6*... Hooyah, salute!

timrivtimrivalmost 5 years ago

Husband is just as much of a creep as Sam. No decent characters in this story.

Richie4110Richie4110almost 5 years ago
Love your story telling

This has been a well developed tale of anger and woe and needs a proper finish. I hope you will consider adding a final chapter telling the rest of the story.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

LMFAO, the final paragraph sealed this as one hell of a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Timriv still whining about everything I see. Seriously, spend less time whining on Lit and more time on your wife, I'm getting exhausted keeping her sexually satisfied.

Tiger27Tiger27over 4 years ago
MrPickleBunEyes

Re: Timriv. Damn! I thought I was the only one doin the girl. LMAO

Great series, but like to see an "Empty Nest - Epilogue. Either way, 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
timriv

which of your stories that you wrote do you recommend people read

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Biblical Revenge

What you sow so shall you reap!

UKpakmanUKpakmanover 4 years ago
Excellent

I agree, the paragraph at the end was fantastic.

Brilliant read with great detail. Thank you

Christman404Christman404over 4 years ago
Finish it

Let us know how Cathy and Jason faired!

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
Awesome~~~

Finally a MAN who doesn't put up with a cheating, lying slut wife!!! I knew he would be better off with Cathy!!!

WargamerWargamerover 4 years ago
Good story

Enjoyed it

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The Only Thing Wrong

Was this line; "Well, asshole, as much as I've fucked your ex-wife in the past three months..." A gentleman might allude to it but never give the details. "It's the code of the west when the boys talk of women, it's the code of the west what they know they don't tell..." Glad it didn't turn out to be a RAAC, it wasn't deserved this time, she just couldn't stop lying. Signed: BTW

chuckysmariachuckysmariaabout 4 years ago
i don’t understand the point ...

of the last part. Sure he was fucking Sam’s wife, so what? why give him gift? At the very least that’s payback for fucking his wife first. And clearly fidelity is not important to Sam (since he’s a pussy hound).

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962about 4 years ago
What is so hard to understand?

Great story and I loved the last paragraph. I guess what people are missing is that the entire confrontation was just a trope to drop the bomb on Sam that Cathy was fucking Jason. He couldn't care less about whether Sam had sex with Annie again, he was just humiliating the guy (Yes Sir). Then the set up with demanding Sam buy him a drink (best burbon) for fucking his wife was the set up for the final humilation. He chose JW Black because it's considered the best by many. The line "hell as much as I've been fucking your wife the last 3 months" had me rolling on the floor. I could just see the look on Sam's face! Well done Sir, and thank you for another great story. 5*

GrimmerGrimmerabout 4 years ago

Damn! A decent serious as a heart attack slam you right where it counts non violent ending.

Well done sir.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 4 years ago
Great Ending

I always enjoy a story about a man with balls and a backbone.

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsover 3 years ago

Loved the classy ending.

MFH

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Lying bitch

Why do they always lie so effortlessly? Great ending though. Is JW Black pretty good stuff? I'm not a drinker, but I do enjoy a taste of Whistle Pig Rye occasionally.

DazzyDDazzyDalmost 3 years ago

I loved it. Cathy sounded like a keeper...however, it's just fiction

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

3 stars - just an 'average' BTB story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Tedious, unoriginal BTB tale. One dimensional characters and a simplistic and wholly predictable plot

LA

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

Loved the last act but agree that the story is average.

SexecutionerSexecutionerover 2 years ago

First off, the whole "forgiving" your betrayer is total bullshit. It's much easier to just cut them out completely. No offering to pay $5000 alimony, make that slut her her own money.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 2 years ago

Not a criticism of the story (which I gave a 5 star rating), just a comment on "forgiveness".

People sometimes think in binary ways too much. One can choose to " let go" of an unhealthy rage and consuming hate without "forgiving."

As in, "I'm not going to let what you did control my life or make me something I hate, but there's also no way I will forgive you."

I'd love to see that "third option" be explored more.

Tiger27Tiger27about 2 years ago

Great story and series!

Loved the last paragraph!

Karn9Karn9about 2 years ago

Love the ending 5*

miket0422miket0422about 2 years ago

That bottle of Johnnie Walker Black saved an otherwise mediocre chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story, only one part not believable. The New York Trip....No one gets tickets to Hamilton that quickly LOL

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great ending but why waste a bottle of good Scotch on a turd like him?

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitalmost 2 years ago

Excellent! Well done! Thank you!

R.S.

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

Not enough. Some real hurt is required. He doesn't give a shit about his wife. Also, the wife's explanation of the last two fuck sessions made absolutely no sense. Another thing that made no sense is the idea that he would have forgiven her if she had been honest about the last two sessions. No way. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lacking something. Not sure what

tonyneatotonyneatoabout 1 year ago

Great Story and a waste of a very good scotch on a piece of shit scumbag. You should have just kicked his balls in.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

"She swore that it was just sex" - It's not "just sex," IT IS FUCKING SEX!! It's "just lunches," it's "just kissing," fuck, it's even "just fingering," but sex is NEVER "just sex."

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

5 stars for a decent BTB without a violent ending

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Ironic but if Annie had not seen "pencil dick" Sam the last two times, they probably would have reconciled. Hope she feels the weight of her poor choices. Clearly it was mediocre sex given the way the MC rocked Cathy's world. Annie even admitted it. Also her therapist is terrible. Suggesting she find what she needed from another person? If he is such a workaholic and the nest is empty then counsel her to confront her husband. Seriously. Instead she made it easy for Annie to rationalize her short affair. Dum, dumb, and unprofessional.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Was this whole story written for the ending gag with the bottle? I found Annie to be robotic and mindless. Ok for some perverse reason she gets into a.sexual affair for like five weeks with Sam, who is much less endowed than her husband and by accounts from Cathy, a much better lo et than Sam. Ok so Annie was miserable, vulnerable enable to seduction, and caught up in the illicit nature of the whole thing (becauze thr objective sex was not a physical thrill on multiple levels), mixed with whatever other psychobabble. Whatever. But when shenis awaiting the divorce, she has to know that after 20+ years, now that her husband and kids know about the affair (ergo nothing illicit anymore, he already filed), that sleeping with Sam, the pencil d$ck twice more in the house just absolutely kills any chance, meager as it may be, of reconciliation. Wtf? At that point, the sex with Sam is clearly inferior and what does she get out of it. Wait til you are fully divorced. She had more of a chance than she realized up to the additional two times. Annie has mental issues. She put her marriage in dire jeopardy, then killed it with her last lies and seeing Sam again. And for what? What does she get out of it? She doesn't have any feelings for Sam. Probably felt more like a sh$t when she saw the PI report on Sam. Her husband has known her for 2+ decades, and while he might be working too much, she made vows to him. And they brought happiness to each other for many years. So forgetting how the affair started and what transpired up to discovery, why do it two more times and lie about it? Some people I guess lie as easily as breathing, but they usually show that trait well before 20+ years into a marriage. Again she came off as a caricature of a cheating, empty nest wife, all for the benefit of thr final.sitdoen at the bar with Sam. Meh.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I really like the series. Are you going to continue it?

Do Jason and Cathy live happily ever after? Is Mark going to be ok? What is Annie's fate? Does Cathy allow Jason to do more butt stuff to her? So many important questions left unanswered.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The wife had to be mentally ill to do what she did for the reasons she stated. Or the was terminally brain-dead.

rockdoctor63rockdoctor636 months ago

Her explanation was total BS. She did it because she wanted to, end of story. I loved the ending!

CaptFlintCaptFlint3 months ago

The final line. Chef's Kiss! Wonderful.

WargamerWargamer3 months ago

Yep l liked it

5/5

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Did this story really need to be broken into 3 parts? 3*. Mostly your standard cheating wife formula stuff

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous