All Comments on 'English Rose Ch. 05'

by Gojenngo

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
bulltlrbulltlrabout 14 years ago
Wow............

All I could do was grin when she told Marcus it was not to be............

Can't wait to see what Douglas has planned!

lost_in_youlost_in_youabout 14 years ago
LOVED it!

I think Douglas will probably underestimate his wife. She's not the same person who separated from him. Her decision makes me feel sorry for Marcus though. I think he needs someone like her who will balance his moods.

Great writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Wow!

Loved the story. Such a shame that Douglas behaves like a true cave man as she - strongwilled as she is - will probably resent that move. You have a great talent, I just wish I could see into your head so I would not be so nervous to see, what happens next. Please, hurry up!! :D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
great turn of events...

you like to leave us hanging, don`t you? :) i just can`t wait to read more of this great story. don`t be too long.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Happy

I was sooo glad when she called it quits with Marcus. Don't wait too long with the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
do continue!!

I can't wait to read what happens next, it seems we've come a circle. To be honest, I'm actually really glad she didn't continue with Marcus, I was quite anxious with the way the story might head, glad you didn't leave us hanging there. ;) I would've still continued reading, of course, I dearly want to see this story finished.

Overall, great story and please, continue!

le kitty

:)

IzkaPlm18IzkaPlm18about 14 years ago
Better!

This is so much better!!

You don't know how pleased I am to know that she did not have an affair! I loved it actually! Oh I want Sabrina and Douglas together!!!!!!!

And how this ended so wickedly I can not wait for the next chapter!!!! hahaha

He'll probably think that she was having an affair/making love with him when really she never did. OH I want the next chapter!!!!! Please send one...like now? haha

Great job on this one!!! When I saw you had another chapter posted and I read your little message on top to the readers, the way you worded it I was getting freaked out that she would have an affair. THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Tried

I tried but had to force myself to finish reading this. Even though she didnt sleep with Marcus, she didt had an affair and the BDSM bit was....well I would have gone to that category and the loving wives category if I wanted stories with floggers and cheating spouses in them. And I KNOW that love stories arent all perfect but that is EXACTLY WHY I come on here and go for the Romance section. We live in a non perfect world full of all sorts of joys and heartache so its natural for us to want that 'happily ever after' once in a while and thats natural. Its that escape we all want and need sometimes from the real world. I dont mind and even welcome 'drama' on romances....there has to be, thats what makes them so great. But as great as this story was for me in the beginning...it has went a way in which I didnt not expect and I hung in there after last chapter, hoping it would get back on track, but the turn of events in this part has made me lose interest. I do love your writing and I'm sure 99% of the readers will still enjoy this story.

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 14 years ago
I didn't enjoy that at all

and now have even less respect for Sabrina, if that's possible. What she's doing is still cheating, even if they didn't go all the way. What she's doing to Douglas is just as bad as what he did to her. Worse, as there are feelings involved and they are married. Don't know if I'll be around for the rest. I would like some closure on the story but I think I'm too sickened by Sabrina to care what happens to her. It's always bad when you stop caring about the characters... I'm sorry that I'm not enjoying this but I'm glad you're being true to yourself in your writing.

luv_romanceluv_romanceabout 14 years ago
whew!!!!

i am so glad sabrina did not have the affair!!! it would have been disastrous. true what she might still be considered cheating but i know where her heart lies.

i wish the next chapter would crush all the pride in their hearts and let the 2 of them be reunited. there is a kingdom to run... or something. :) let this be a happy ending and no more misunderstanding...no more hatred. PLEASEEEEE!!!! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Interesting :)

The story and character development are definitely intriguing - maybe not always "enjoyed" or "preferred" but certainly interesting. To some extent, I'm kinda disappointed she no longer with Marcus (yes...I know it would be cheating and all) but for me I found her chemistry with him and the honesty they shared with each other a lot more attractive and genuine than her relationship with Douglas at the moment. It will be interesting to see how she and Douglas go about repairing their relationship or if they even want to, they're both done some pretty spiteful and callous things to each other - they both have a lot to answer for I feel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Sorry

I'm bailing on the rest of this, there is no real love or marriage here, just thorns, no rose. Yuck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago

It started so well and then you killed it in chapter four. i only skimed this but i know you've lost me!!! i don't usually leave comments but this went so wrong couldn't help myself.

kitten0829kitten0829about 14 years ago
double whew!!!

i am in total agreement with luv_romance i was so relieved sabrina didn't have an affair with marcus i alsmost fainted. i hope she gets the chance to explain to douglas before he does anything even more drastic. keep it coming

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Umm...

I skimmed over most of the "events" in the last part, but I'm still hooked and glad that she ended it and praying that somehow their marriage can... well I'm not sure it will ever be completely healed, but I'm hoping for some happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Great chapter!

I have read all the comments and I have to respectfully disagree with the negative ones. I can relate to Sabrina - in a way that is not so drastic. She was deeply hurt in the beginning, all hopes for a husband and children gone. Then with the engagement and marriage she found little hope, only to be crushed so quickly. Back then women did not get to divorce and move on with their lives, divorce was shameful. So I think her actions had the intention to distance herself from the hurt and pain. Going back to Douglas now, when she obviously found someone else to love her and make love to her, is a bigger statement of her love to her husband than when she married him. Back then he was just the only chance to have a family. So I would say this still is a true romance. Please, do continue and when the time is right, finish the story. Great work. :D

bad_girl69bad_girl69about 14 years ago
GREAT!

You have no idea how glad i am that the affair is over! :) I was sooo worried about it, and to be honest if it did continue, i probably would have turned away from this story ...sadly. :( Especially the ending!!! OMG, i cant wait for the next chapter. Please you must write it asap. Im just dieing here. I need to know whats going to happen... where Douglas is going to take Sabrina.?? :)

I just hope their relationship can be fixed. I really loved them together in the beginning chapters. Please write asap. i need to know NOW!!!! lol.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Bravo! Will look for your next posting.

Interesting how the bad boy is actually more honest and thoughtful with S than her spouse. I like the way you're writing her character as realistic and willing to make her own decisions and reach her own conclusions. It's refreshing to read about someone taking responsibility for her sexual feelings and behavior instead of being dumbed down into a simpering belle. Each character has his/her flaws so they've moved beyond superficial romantic stereotypes. The tension enhances the drama of the storyline. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Sorry, I didn't bother to read this chapter

I just can't relate to Sabrina's willingness to have an affair. She's no different from a man looking for some stray stuff," only, she's a married woman! I don't care how the story ends.

Dinora3228Dinora3228about 14 years ago
Let's do the twist.

I love twists and non-stereotypical characters and I get both here. I'm happy. I love Marcus and think he'd be good with Sabrina, but then again so would Douglas. I'm glad Gojenngo knows where this story is going! Not sure whether I was so enarmoured with the threesome, I'm not convinced that a Sabrina type would do this but then she is not my character, but then again this story doesn't claim to be a true historical romance.

catman71catman71about 14 years ago
love this story

sabrina does not love marcus , as i am sure she will realize because he does not love himself, and for all of douglas faults so far please do not make him into a monster it would not serve the story well i think

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago

Love the tension, you had me really conflicted about who I wanted Sabrina to end up with! I'm so glad Sabrina gets to make her own choice and the addition of societal expectations and the setting makes this story one of my all-time favs. Keep it coming!

2Bkneaded2Bkneadedabout 14 years ago
Disappointed

I used to like Sabrina.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Sorry

I enjoyed all the previous chapters but this was four pages wasted on a self acknowledged slut proving to the world that she was indeed a slut and did little to further the storyline. It was an interesting ending through.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Loved it

Your writing is superb - you have portrayed Sabrina's sensuality extremely well whilst allowing her to retain a level of morality. You've possibly catagorised this story incorrectly - I certainly wouldn't call it Romance - and anyone looking for a Mills & Boon will be sorely disappointed.

What you have written is thrilling in its plot and deliciously decadent in its sexuality. I sincerely hope this isn't the last we see of Marcus.

Please continue and soon!

LeftoverStoriesLeftoverStoriesabout 14 years ago
Great story...

...and the comments are almost as entertaining as the story. Can't wait to see what she thinks of Douglas kidnapping her again. :P

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
More Please!

i love this story!! cant wait for the next chapter. update soon please!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Keep going!

I reread the story once more during the holidays in one sitting and I have to tell you that in my oppinion the plot is brilliant and I would hate not to see the end to this story. Please, do finish it someday, do not leave us hanging.

But as I like Wolf Lake as well, I will not mind waiting for English rose to continue, if you grant us with some more wolfish storise in the mean time, hihi.

You are really talented and I love your imagination. Your stories are snxy and sensual and I love Sabrina even more than I did at the beginning.

Good job! ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Amazing!

I think this is one of the most erotic historical romance scenes I've ever read. What a wonderful way for them to be together yet still resist the ultimate cuckold. Loved it! Great job!

Poor tormented Marcus. I hope we get to learn why he is so jaded....

Please keep writing and pay no attention to naive prudes who think love is so pure...Passion tends to be messy and complicated. I for one would have it no other way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Interesting!

Great job on this last chapter! What a way to stir things up. Damn!

I must comment back to all those who have left a comment stating they were thankful that she did not go through with an affair....HELLO! What do you think they were doing from day one? An affair is not just intercourse folks. (Definition: Affair - a romantic or passionate attachment typically of limited duration.) I'm pretty sure there was romance and much passion involved here.

With that being said, back to the author. Great job, but I have high hopes you will lead these two back where they belong.

Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
KICK ASS STORY!!!!!

Absolutely LOVED IT! Beautiful! No objections! In actuality, I didn't like how the first chapter went, but decided to push on. I'm sooo glad that I did! By far, the best chapter!

One request/suggestion, I think it would be great to read another story that's for Marcus. I wonder where he's life will lead now that Sabrina is no longer his inamorata. I actually feel a deep sense of sorrow for him and am curious to find out more about him and his "darkness".

That aside, great, great story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Delicious

That was a really nice and unexpected twist. Marcus is the PERFECT lover. I especially like that his consideration is an anomaly for his personality--it makes it so much more special. This should make things really interesting for the next chapter. ^_^

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Sabrina is such a lying bitch

and have no shame about cheating on her husband. She dont even think it is wrong to let another man touch her as she pant after his touch like a bitch in heat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Slut

Sabrina is just a slut, she never really cared for Douglas . She should've rejected Marcus from the beginning...although the sex scenes are good, it makes her look like a wanton whore responding to another man without real emotional conflict-her character would make it easy to believe she wouldn't think twice about spreading her legs for other men. She isn't truly Douglas' anymore because of what she has been doing since she discovered what he did. Disappointing use of the main characters.

evonnaevonnaabout 11 years ago
Oh fuck. He's made her into a cheap prostitute.

Just like Dougie's mum. What an interesting symmetry. I can see that she's on one hand doing this "crazy post-breakup clubbing phase", but as she's technically not broken up with Dougie yet, it's not really that. It's as if she's willingly letting a shit of a man treat her like she's a cheap tavern whore, with other men around her making crude jokes about her. She's sending a message to all of London saying: I am a cheap whore, and nothing more. At least I hope she is, because by the sound of things she might not be aware that this is what is happening, which is even more sad. It does sound by the end ("she wanted to give him a gift, to thank him for everything he had done for her" What??) that her respect for herself has been severely damaged.

Let's say she knows that she's demeaning herself, making herself into a whore. She might be doing it to get back at Dougie, to basically say: "You raped me to get back at my father and destroyed my future. Because your mother was forced to become a prostitute. Then you forced me to marry you. Well, watch me be messed up enough by what you did, to become exactly what your mother was. Now see what you've achieved with your dumb attempt at revenge?"

AND / OR: She is severely depressed / lost all of her self-worth / genuinely believes herself to be nothing better than a tavern prozzie.

And I guess it could all be partly subconsciously done.

Difficult to read about, but an interesting twist. Well done.

Did anyone else feel Dougie's apology was a bit lame..? Not much effort put in it.

xxx

joodlejoodlealmost 11 years ago
Ensnared

I am seriously not big on group sex, not because I think it wouldn't be pleasurable, but because my strong inclination toward monogamy psychologically discourages it. I want her to be with Douglas because he is a good man, and they love each other. However, you made Marcus so incredibly....hot, mean, dirty....how could any woman resist seeing that through? I was thrilled at the farewell that Sabrina offered him, but was not prepared for her to join in! I was not crazy about that, especially since Douglas saw, but dammit Marcus is so sexy in the way that every woman wants, which is probably the reason rakes become rakes to begin with. They have that way---dirty, mean, rough, and so instinctually sexual. The scene went well, all things considered. I am looking forward to a rough chapter with Douglas. ;) Thank you for your brilliant writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
no..

gosh I really dont like sabrina anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Bravo

Excellent! You just killed Sabrina. That was a waste. She's a lying slut. She needs to just get AIDS or something.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
ridiculous :should have given up last chapter.

Did she discover she wanted her husband, right after screwing Marcus ? Maybe this character is schizophrenic ? Or the author couldn't be bothered to keep on character for the whole story ?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous