All Comments on 'Epiphany Pt. 01'

by Farmers_Son

Sort by:
  • 75 Comments
saddletramp1956saddletramp1956almost 5 years ago
Good beginning

Anxious to see what follows. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
An Epiphany

Finding out your slut of a wife has no respect for you!

abitshyoneabitshyonealmost 5 years ago
great start

this Is a great start to what I hope is a great story, hes planning it well to find out what he needs to know,, now you said its not a BTB story,, so im realy looking forward to see how this ends,, now im a real sucker for a happy ending but I can also see why sometimes it needs to be a real BTB ending,, realy lloking forward to the next part, its good writing,, thanks for sharing,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Another long winded wimpy husband! 1*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This is as bad as

Going to see double features and the old serials at the Granada Theater when I was a kid back in the 40's... you knew the outcome before all the actors were introduced bht had to suffer for weeks to be proven right.

I only hope you end it with white hat justice... hang them all and kiss the horse as you ride off into the sunset.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

Oh this one deserves a nuclear response! The disrespect Linda and Charlie showed him in flaunting their affair like that and all the asshole family condoning it?

I hope he completely destroys Charlie and makes the rest pay for treating him like shit.

spud65spud65almost 5 years ago
Interesting

Off to a great start..... just enough background info to fill in the logical blanks of a short story, too much gets tedious. I hope your follow on chapters appear quickly.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Parts

I agree with those who say if it's done, post the whole thing. Yes, some may rebel at the 15? pages, but simply put chapter headings, and the reader can choose where to break off.

For me, I'll wait until ch 5 is posted before reading this chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Very sad, but well done.

You really made us feel his sense of isolation. It was shocking how disrespectful and revealing other's behavior was to him, a man who has been clueless for who knows how long. I guess that's what they have relied on. Just when he was going to slow down and take time to smell the roses. Maybe that's why he noticed; he was paying attention, whereas he might have been otherwise preoccupied with business, before.

What does his sister know? Is it possible, God forbid, that Cinda is really Charlie's granddaughter? The way this story makes us feel for this man, we really need to see some serious retribution for everyone's despicable behavior, as this appears to be more than an ordinary affair.

KingBandorKingBandoralmost 5 years ago
Great start, scary last few paragraphs

He listened to her sucking off her lover, and gets a boner from showering with her and think that maybe there is hope.

God, I hope not.

KB

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
Good story so far! 5*****

If his whole family knows, then the only solution is nuclear. He can forgive some of them eventually, but that level of disrespect is impossible to come back from.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 5 years ago
Well written

I agree the timed release of short segments is irritating (to me anyway), and personally I would rather you had it set with middle class folks, rather than rich folk with loving subordinates...but... authors choice, isn’t it.

Chilleywilley

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
Five parts?

Good to know. I’ll start with 1 after I see 5 posted

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Please change you mind/story

You said no btb, but if any story cried out for a total annihilation of ANYONE who knew, this story does. Please let us know if you are inclined to change it so I can stop reading of they aren't going to get burned. Great story, good writing, definitely kept my interest! Good writing, keep it up, but please bury all these extremely disrespectful bastards. Charlie should be dropped into an active volcano.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Well done

I'm looking forward to the rest.

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60almost 5 years ago
You got me hooked

I'm looking forward to the rest of the story.

cybojicybojialmost 5 years ago
Lots of projects

But no conclusions. You have great talent..... but leave the reader hanging going wtf. You have the talent to be one of the greats on this site. Please finish something. 5

Dunny69Dunny69almost 5 years ago
a good start

Well you got my interest. Sam has showed some strength initially but towards the end he started softening his stance which alarms me that you are moving towards reconciliation. If the family are aware of her total arrogance and disrespect then they to should lose everything they have come to rely on from Sam. I look forward to part 2 with a little trepidation because if it heads towards another rich husband getting bummed by a rotten family I'm off.

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfalmost 5 years ago
Pretty good

Good writing and character development. I hope he goes nuclear in part 2 and his wife, family, and friend get burned big time. I love to see flameouts when one of the spouses cheats and disrespects. Hubby is right...if she was unhappy and wanted out, why not have that discussion before cheating and disrespecting.

Good start. Looking forward to part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Nice Start

Story moves well, with just enough detail to identify with the main characters.

The spouse reminds of the self centered wife's in DeYeKen stories and you have done a good job with showing the rest of the family, apparently buying into this, which is sad.

Interested in reading more and thank you for the story.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 5 years ago
Why split it up?

Long stories are usually tne best

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Nice start

Enjoyed the readability of your story. Character development and detail was plenty, but not overwhelming. The four paragraphs when Sam and his lawyer listen to the recorded audio from the house I found very telling. A man confirms that his wife is cheating, plays out an alternate rebuttal from his wife in his head, and has that crushing feeling in his heart that this marriage is pretty much over. Sam becomes a very sympathetic character at this point. I look forward to reading the "confrontation" with his wife, what proof he exhibits, HER reaction/denial (sometimes these can be comical) and any confrontation with family members as to their knowledge.

patilliepatilliealmost 5 years ago
Good setup

but that is the easy part. Now sink the hook and reel us in! Would love to know what drove Linda into another man's arms, and what the endgame her and Charlie have in mind? How deep does the betrayal go within the family? Who knew what when? Hope you have covered it all.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 5 years ago
Great start

looking forward to reading more. This could go in so many different ways and you have given nothing away.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Well done. This was an excellent start to what could be a fantastic finish. Please don't take a day or two between posting if it is in fact done.

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 5 years ago
Well, that was confusing..

... And needlessly so.

Honestly, I sincerely doubt Farmers_Son took the time to properly proofread this chapter. Because there were so many instances here where he wrote a statement... that ended up being completely contradicted later on, that, as a reader, I have no idea if I should take ANYTHING written here the least bit seriously.

Some examples? Let's start with his intro:

"For the BTB crowd there is no violence or burning the bitch or bastard."

OK, no violence thus far... but, then, how are we suppose to take Sam planning to hide money from Linda, blocking Doug from advancing any further in his company, and deciding to have no further association to anyone in his family, including his own daughter, that knew about the affair? What are we suppose to make of the following statements:

"Charlie was going to pay. Just how was not known at the moment but Charlie was going to pay."

"The lack of respect shown him by even his blood relatives was going to cost them."

Doesn't that sound like some good ol' BTB actions? Newflash for those who seems to don't know: you don't need to hurt someone physically for a good BTB to happen - doing so financially and, especially, emotionally is good enough!

How Sam decided to deal with Doug is also bizarre... actually, can you even say that he did? One moment, it's all:

"No, he wouldn't fire his son-in-law but he could guarantee that Doug didn't rise any further in the firm."

But the next thing you know, it's actually:

"If Doug knew about the affair then his position in the company was in jeopardy. Sam couldn't have people working for him that were not loyal."

So WHICH ONE IS IT? Will his son-in-law stays indefinitely as a subordinate in the company or will he be show the door?

And then, obviously, there's Sam's whole confusion regarding Linda. Which, in some ways, make ways more sense than the rest of them, given their history. Still, you would think that a successful, wise man like him wouldn't tried so hard to delude himself from the cold reality of his situation. I mean, what the hell was that about, at his lawyers' office:

"After his epiphany on Saturday he hoped and he had actually prayed that he was wrong and that Linda and Charlie were just very good friends..."

HE SAW THEM KISSED WHEN THEY LEFT THE RESTAURANT! He certainly needs hard evidence for the divorce, but did he really need more to know, in his guts, that they were having an affair? Hey gentlemen - does any of YOUR FRIENDS kiss YOUR WIFE when they both think they're alone!? I know about hoping against hope and all, but this is kinda ridiculous!

And then, there's this unbelievably insane line, toward the end:

"Maybe there was hope."

... How are fucking kidding us? What happened to the guy that wouldn't tolerate any disrespect? His supposedly good friend and supposedly loving wife wait until he went to bed and start messing around downstairs, IN HIS OWN HOUSE, after asshole bragged about HIS granddaughter liking him more, with the total approval of the slut... It doesn't get MORE disrespectful than this, doesn't it? So what is there to hope for? Forget just attractiveness - Linda DOESN'T LOVE Sam ANYMORE, period! Her request to spend more time together isn't about re-awaking their marriage - it's a way for her to monitor him more closely, given his recently strange behaviors! The fact that there's still a part of Sam STILL believing that his unfaithful wife may still have his best interests in heart is simply crazy. Man, no wonder he didn't see her and the rest of his family's betrayal coming... the gullible sap.

So yeah - here's hoping that the following chapters will be way more concise, 'cause this one was wording for no reason, and sometimes all over the place. By the way, can't wait to see how Sam's new plan to monitor his employees's personal lives OUTSIDE of business hours and how the firing of the ones having affairs will ultimately blow up in his face - seriously, even a barely competent lawyer could manage to sue the crap out of his company for wrongful terminations, invasion of privacy, and/or breach of privacy, and squeeze thousands, if not millions out of it. What happen in HIS business, he should definitely know, but elsewhere... I hope a lot of employees that get a meeting with him tell him to keep on minding his own business.

No rating 'till the story is completed. Hope we don't have to wait long.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 5 years ago
This chapter read as though . . .

. . . this was all in Sam’s head. Other than the recording, that’s still how I’d have read it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Very good Start

I liked the development of Sam's character. Only a very few Lit authors (qhml1 is another) are able to tell a story from the protagonist's POV while revealing that they are much more unlikable than they believe they are. He never neglected his family but worked every weekend!

It says a lot about him that no-one had sufficient respect for him to tell him the truth. They probably were glad that Linda had found someone with whom she could be happy. Of course that would never occur to him.

penneydog55penneydog55almost 5 years ago
Wow!

Fantastic Story So Far...Thanks for sharing this Brilliant story with us! 5 Stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!....

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Great start

You're off to a great start , but you've set up a wife, family, and friend betrayal that calls for Bellaire to be rained down on all involved. Charlie definitely.needs to pay,.as.I can't think of anything worse than stealing a whole family. I'll read your story, but I wonder how you can resolve this without burning someone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

time to get down and dirty needs another chapter

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 5 years ago
This looks like the old

"husband is cheated upon so he gets in shape, manages some degree of revenge on his cheating wife and his former best friend and does very well afterward and the ex-wife misses him terribly" story. Most of his relatives know he is a cuck and say nothing so he has to teach them all a lesson. He will become the very best he can be and the bastards will regret ever disrespecting him. The only possible problem with the plot will be if he forgives any of those who shit all over him. You painted the wife and family as unforgivable, or most of them. There is but one way this can go.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 5 years ago
Nice.

A good start of a story.

The only thing puzzling me is the garage.

If he was considering divorcing his wife,

wouldn't he want to move further away?

Anyway, top ratings for this first part.

Very well done.

WillieWolfeWillieWolfealmost 5 years ago
Great Start

Best start to a story that I have read for a long time. Looking forward to the rest.

luedonluedonalmost 5 years ago
Interesting

I found it an interesting situation, and readable in its own way, but it seemed to me to be a series of descriptions of scenes and situations rather than a story that flowed smoothly. What dialogue there was didn't seem to integrate well into the whole story.

It will be especially interesting to see how all those planned coming chapters are filled. It almost looks as though it could be finished off with one short chapter announcing the discovery and saying goodbye. If what has been intimated thus far, that Linda loves Charlie more than she loves her husband, she can't use the usual "It was only sex, dear" and beg to be allowed back into a loving marriage.

We shall see.

Lue

Pappy7Pappy7almost 5 years ago
Well written and I think it will

be a good read overall. Or I hope so. So much on here lately has ruined by the cuckold and misandry bunch. Now, the fact that his whole family seemed to know what was going on and condoned it, at least to the extent of not clueing him in, is disturbing but I think based in some precedence. The fact is that some parents do not like some of their children and are even openly hostile to them. Shame but it is what it is. The mothers in LW land that take the cheating wives' part are usually birds of a feather. I don't see much in the way of family reconciliation at this point. I also am puzzled as to why his daughter is so complacent about the granddaughter preferring the Sancho. Unless his hija is really Sancho's hija and that would add a whole dimension to the payback. Looking forward to the next. Thanks for sharing with us.

pappy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
1* Wimpy Cuck Crap

Boring too. No conversations. Just a long narrative with no action. And no BTB??? After all that disrespect lying, chesting, etc? Wimpy author.

FD45FD45almost 5 years ago
The writing feels very passive and ethereal

Perhaps a trifle circumlocutory.

This is a very subtle style thing. The story itself is interesting. I wish you posted all of it at once. Six pages is not too long and if it is a good writer, 9 isn't bad either.

A_BierceA_Biercealmost 5 years ago
A disturbing introduction

Some may find it difficult to believe that a man could be so unaware, others may find it difficult to continue reading because they know it too well. You have done a great job establishing his character and letting us experience his slow journey from a sinking feeling of betrayal to a determination to make the best he can of discovering that his life is a tissue of lies. Well done, sir.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Termination

I think someone said that he would be liable for unlawful termination suits if he fires people for behavior outside of work, but their work requires a high degree of trust, and any employee who displays unethical behavior puts the business at risk.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Linda

She knows he's hiding something, she presumably knows that HE'S not having an affair, what else might he be hiding besides knowledge of HER affair?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Well, this is par for the course for Farmers Son. Slow, boring, methodical story...........spineless wimp for a male character, clueless as to what's going on around him, finally leading to a ridiculously implausible reconciliation. I'll skip the rest and find another story that's actually interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
"Maybe there was hope."

Cuck alert

BeBopper99BeBopper99almost 5 years ago
1* Dull Narrative

Where are the conversations? Typical LW cuck wimp obtuse husband story-telling.

AND....most states are right to work. The boss man can terminate anyone he wants when he wants as long as it isn't based on race or religion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Some people don't understand that TRUST means that you don't have to WATCH and DIStrust.

Starting, Building and Running a business takes FOCUS and ATTENTION TO MINOR DETAILS. When you're married to a PARTNER that you TRUST, you're not going to divert your focus and attention from the business that's intended to feed and support the two of you. So it's no great achievement for someone who isn't being watched to betray you. (but it rips your heart out, hurts like a motherfucker and, no matter what else happens, the resentment is forever.)

Good start on a story but I'm withholding judgement until I see whether he kicks some asses and rips some lungs out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Maybe tomorrow he can play the fiddle while Rome burns, but that seems like a lot of action for this guy.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteelealmost 5 years ago
Well written story

I'm looking forward to the next couple of chapters. Personally, I think this might turn out to be your best work to date. It flows along nicely.

I notice that the detractors are all 'Anonymous'.

Well done.

chytownchytownalmost 5 years ago
Something A little Different*****

Great storyline, and great storytelling. I love it when a plan comes together. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
DNA testing a priority

Sam need to take a cheek swab (or alternate) from Cinda, Charlie, Linda, Mary and Doug. Maybe James, and himself too.

Make it a high priority for the PIs. It gets Sam a rock solid starting point, and becomes a lever to pry more information.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 4 years ago
FS, well done, I enjoyed it.Thanks.

Strong start.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The hunt begins

This is a good kickoff to, what seems to be a good story with lots of subjects to fit into the scenarios. Thanks!

tazz317tazz317over 4 years ago
SAD SAM FOUND OUT THE BAD NEWS

but is smart enough to hand out more rope, TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22over 4 years ago
Good Story

The cards have been dealt let us see how the personagems play them.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 4 years ago
Great start

Let’s hope there are some twists and turns in the future

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 4 years ago
Very strong beginning

So far, very good at setting up a scenario. Could have used more depth in the character development, but still a strong start.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Nice setup

This is such a sad beginning, looks like everyone betrayed him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Its a RAAC and for once I actually agree with that term. Its 15 pages of a simp and his fucked up family. Read if you are into that.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"The story is fully finished and will be posted one part at a time," - So, BEFORE you submitted this, you concluded the story as a reconciliation, and it never occurred to you to soften the abuse?

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Good writing. Hope he keeps some self respect..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thanks everybody for the heads up! I'm out!

zeuspmzeuspmalmost 3 years ago

god this is a change from the regular crap we get on this site.. your writing is realistic(except for the ultrarich CEO protagonist part) & the pain is real.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not sure what the endgame is. San doesn't seem much of a decision maker with regard to his marriage. 2* so far, because the writing is good.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

@Anonymous Re: RAAC - Reconciliation At Any/All Cost. That is, no matter how bad the betrayal, and no matter how little the cheater does to earn forgiveness, the couple will reconcile.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

Re: Unlawful termination - "he had policies in place to deal with unbecoming conduct."

\

"Linda seemed too infatuated with Charlie to come back to Sam." - Why would Sam want her back at this point?

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Since

Since when did charities have their meetings on Sundays.?

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

burn all of them, then get an RV and take off for months.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story BUT so sad after all these years it took a slight mistake for Sam to wake up I hate that bitch

Busman19639Busman19639about 1 year ago

Yeah, ok, so what happens now? He needs to move forward, take a FWB or something.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Dear Author,

The MC is a sharp guy. If he had doubt his wife was cheating the kiss and ride to Charlie's house ended it. Why have the guy entertain idiotic thoughts about reconciliation because his took a shower with him and he got a hard on. That in itself is stupid. His guts are in a not. He's angry. No man gets a hard on in that state if mind and sure as he'll doesn't have loving and kindly thoughts about his cheating wide.

This is really a very good story, yet you weaken the character by these inconsistencies that only detract from the story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Who the fuck is Cinda?

MrGrumpy035MrGrumpy0359 months ago

Love this series - great work.

MarkT63MarkT638 months ago

This series has BTB all over it. Shame you don't like btb stories...

Helen1899Helen18995 months ago

Great opening chapter, hopefully it continues. Getting 5* to the end.of the last chapter

tjreadertjreader3 months ago

Well written! Kudos!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous