All Comments on 'Erin's Morning'

by VirginiaMarieAndrews

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
CorbinCCorbinCabout 4 years ago
Welcome back

We've missed you. Somehow I missed the two stories you posted in the fall of the past two years. I'll look forward to reading them. It appears that you have grown in you literary appetites. I remember you used to rail against stories that depicted non-consensual sex. Does this indicate a change in your personal views? My email address is still active.

VirginiaMarieAndrewsVirginiaMarieAndrewsabout 4 years agoAuthor
Non-consensual

Corbin: Thanks for reading and commenting. No, my attitudes haven't changed. I'm OK with fantasies of it. I think, and maybe I wasn't clear, was that I objected that it seemed every damn story was some sort of violent degrading slavery. Even pet play. Especially pet play, since I *knew* it didn't have to be portrayed that way. You're notice that Erin isn't a typical slave either, and certainly isn't a puppy or a kitty. I won't sully those with non-consensual. Even though I've read a few which did that which I enjoyed.

tanagertanagerabout 4 years ago
Unique tale

I found this to be vastly different than most of the stories that I read. I really enjoyed it. I hope there are more parts! Very creative. Wonderful sense of dread - peril... Great job!

SimonTheCatSimonTheCatabout 4 years ago
Another work of art!

I'm not normally a fan of non-con stories myself (for much of the same reasons that you gave in your response to Corbin), but this was wonderful. I'm quite partial to the 'iron fist in a velvet glove' trope, which I feel was portrayed beautifully here.

While I'm here, I just wanted to say that I've been following you for a few years now, and I'm a huge fan of your work. You have been my primary inspiration for the stories that I am writing/ have written, and I wanted to thank you for that.

Please don't ever stop writing. <3

dogged1dogged1about 4 years ago
So good to hear from you

It is great to be reading your work again. I don't mind noncon if it is written with intelligence and not simply for the sake of abject cruelty.

masculinbrainmasculinbrainabout 3 years ago

The story highlights that sex is different from love, and arousal is different from emotion. Electronic chips may excite us at the most sensitive nerves, yet we still retain a sense of self. Despite the bizarre world being depicted, the story shows us our most human side.

Having said that, we are not completely independent of pur organs. Our brains have billions of nerve cells, but constant signals from a clit or penis (as the case might be) do jave an effect over time. But this was handled well in the story: the heroine still remembers her former self, even when she's aroused to the extreme by remote control. It's a story for our times: we try to remain human amid technology and tirrany.

ContrahentContrahentalmost 3 years ago

I enjoyed this story. Of all the details in this story, I appreciate most the ones that aren't there. You didn't waste time and effort explaining unnecessary minutiae. It isn't necessary for us to understand future politics. For our purposes, it's sufficient simply to say that the Western province hasn't proven their claim. It isn't necessary for us to understand exactly how Winifred retrieved Erin (or maybe her mind) from the past. It is sufficient to know that she did, or at least that Erin believes that she did. How does Erin's clit remote work? Doesn't matter - it works. I feel like this is a story about the people involved, not about the setting the people find themselves in.

I also quite appreciate the variations in Erin's rules and protocols.

Thank you very much for sharing this story with us. I hope you continue to write, and look forward to seeing more of your work. I hope you and your people are well.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous