Eva

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What's the big thing, Mark?"

I took a sip of wine. "Kids. I want them and I'd like to start soon. I don't want to be in my forties with small kids. I'm young and energetic now, best time to raise them. When we married, she wanted kids. Now?" I sighed and shook my head. "I'm left thinking she's not ready for them, and might never be ready for them. That was the crux of many arguments. I never demanded she give up everything just to pop out a child, but I had to know if she ever wanted them, and if she did, when could we start. She couldn't give me a definitive answer. Pile that on top of all the other problems and things were just going to spiral."

"Separating means you'll be waiting for kids though."

"True, but it gives me the chance to meet a woman who does want children." I glanced away and smiled. "My Dad told me when I was an adult that the best thing he ever did was having us. He said he never felt such love and pride while watching us grow into the people we are now. He admits it's hard at times, but the end result is worth all the sacrifice. I'd love to experience that feeling, whether I have a little boy or girl. Hopefully both..."

Eva shuffled closer, feeling her chin lightly rest on my shoulder. "I wanted more children," she whispered, "But Michael was never interested. He was barely interested in Steven."

"You do? I mean... I know... er... um..."

She giggled. "You're cute when you're flustered, Mark"

"Just unexpected to hear, that's all."

"Have you remained friendly? Was the separation amicable?"

"She's still my best friend. It's why we've split now instead of later. We're hoping that, despite the failure of our marriage, we can still keep that foundation of friendship we've had for fifteen years. We were friends before we started dating."

"Sounds better than most of the bitter divorces around here."

"Mum said it was like tenpins for a time, one marriage after the other."

She took a sip of wine. "I wasn't the only one cheated on, I know that much. A couple ended simply because they stayed together until the kids left the house. Couple of marriages ended quite badly. I'm talking the most bitterly contested divorces. At least Michael just fucked off and left me alone."

"I'm still shocked about all that. Man's a fool, far as I'm concerned."

I glanced to see a smile on her face. "Well, at least someone thinks I'm attractive."

"Eva, if you're here with me instead of someone worthy of your attention, then there must be a lot of blind men around."

"I only sit at home, drinking wine, with the sort of men I like, Mark."

I glanced at her again, sipping at her wine, her eyes gazing at mine. I took a sip of my wine before I put my foot in my mouth. We eventually polished off the bottle of red before I checked my watch. It was rather late, I needed a shower and I had an early start. So did she, but it was only with some reluctance either of us moved from the couch.

Walking me to the door, I turned and gazed down at her for a second before I held her in my arms again. When she looked up, I leaned down and pressed my lips softly to hers. Only for a couple of seconds before I leaned back. I felt like an awkward teenager again. Thankfully, she seemed to be feeling the same way. "Thanks for the wine," I said.

"Thanks for visiting, Mark. I missed your presence here."

"Different this time?"

"You're now a man." She rested a hand on my chest. "You're a good man, Mark. I hope you'll visit more often, even outside of a Saturday. I'd like that."

I felt the smile form. "I'd like that too," I admitted.

"Good. So you can visit whenever you like. I'll even cook dinner for you. Been a long time since I've been able to provide culinary delights for a man who'll appreciate it."

I kissed her again, only briefly, before wishing her goodnight.

I was in a good mood the rest of the week, Dad and I sitting on the deck out the back on Friday night, the girls relaxing in the pool with a bottle or two of wine. I was relaxed in my chair, content with life. Wasn't exactly going as planned, but I suddenly felt an inkling of hope for the future. "I think I might have to call Emma," I said. Dad gave me a look. "Just in case, Dad. I'm not going to do anything too soon, won't move too fast, but... I think she might be interested in me."

"You're twenty-five, Mark. As I said, I'll trust your instincts."

Eva was up and ready for my arrival at 8am the next morning. I'd driven my ute, simply so I had everything I needed close by, including everything I would need for her lawns. I said I'd focus on the front yard first, and try and get all the grass mown out the back at the very least. Once the outside was in good condition, I'd focus on the inside. She liked that idea, and left me to it for a couple of hours.

It was obvious that, apart from some mowing, the grass hadn't really been cared for. It took a couple of hours to have it looking like it should. Eva walked out with a jug of iced water for me, and definitely looked me up and down more than once as I already had my shirt off.

"Have you put on sunscreen, Mark?"

"Not yet. Sun isn't exactly..."

"Stay there, I'll get some for you."

She returned within a couple of minutes, asking me to turn around so she could do my back first. Feeling her soft hands moving up and down had me at least semi-hard, and considering the shorts I was wearing... well, if she had me turn around, she was going to notice. "You look after yourself," she whispered.

"It's physically demanding sometimes," I said, "Long hours during the summer."

"Turn around."

"I can do my chest, Eva."

"Turn around," she said softly, but with authority.

So I turned around as she did my chest at the same time. I had my sunnies on, but watched her face the entire time. She was enjoying herself, that was for sure. "Been a while since I've done this for a young man," she whispered.

"Oh, who was that?"

She laughed. "Probably my son." She paused. "Hmmm, not as sexy as it sounds, now that I think about it."

She then focused on doing my arms, and I may have flexed as her hands moved over my biceps then forearms. She knew what I was doing and I noticed the look cross her face. She was now definitely enjoying herself. "So, you going to let me get on with it, or just put cream all over my body the rest of the morning?"

"Maybe you could come do me when I lie by the pool this afternoon?" Okay, fully erect cock at the term 'do me'. She knew what she just said too, as she started to giggle. "I mean put cream on me." She giggled some more. "God, even that sounds..."

"Eva, you're very cute when you're flustered. Now, while I'd like to stand here and flirt some more, I really should get this yard finished by lunchtime."

"Hope you build a good appetite."

She kissed my cheek before disappearing inside, thankfully leaving the jug of water nearby in the shade. I was rather thirsty. I finished the lawn, then focused on her garden. Definitely needed some weeding and livening up. I'd have to take her to a garden centre so she could buy what she wanted. Standing back next to my ute after a couple more hours, it certainly looked better. Comparing it to other lawns, I figured I might be doing the same thing for other households soon enough.

Heading inside, I smelled some wonderful scents emanating from the kitchen. Eva grinned at my appearance. She'd cooked a staple of Australian diets. Spaghetti bolognaise, but according to her, 'Just like Nonna used to make'.

She was right. It was the tastiest spag bol I'd eaten in my life. It was all fresh ingredients, none of that out of the jar stuff. We chatted away, no alcohol at lunchtime, though Eva was pleased to see me polish off two bowls of the stuff. Though I could have sat there all day chatting to her, I did want to make a good start on things.

The backyard was a mess. I needed to get the weed-whacker out first before I could even mow. After a couple of hours in the hot sun, I was streaming with sweat, enough that Eva called me over towards the pool. She took one look at me, disappeared inside and returned with a towel, then pointed at the pool. A quick dip did sound good, so I happily dove in and felt my temperature cool immediately. Eva lay back on her lounger, reading a book, though looked my way as I crossed my arms on the edge of the pool.

"Want to put some cream on me now, Mark?"

I made sure I moved as slowly as possible. Once she was lying on her front, the erection that had disappeared returned in full force. The string bikini went up the crack of her arse, giving me the perfect view of her two pert cheeks. I'd died and gone to heaven. I'd applied sunscreen to Emma enough times in my life to remember quite a few times it had ended with us doing other things. "Want me to undo your top?"

"Please," Eva replied softly.

I figured if I applied the cream, and also offered a slight massage, it would help her relax. She certainly cooed with appreciation as I worked it into her shoulders before moving down her back. Definitely more than one involuntary moan as I worked further and further down towards her arse. I avoided that, focusing on her delicate little feet before working up the calves and thighs of one leg, then doing the same to the other. Taking my chance, I them kneaded her arse, and my thumbs went as close to her pussy as I allowed myself.

The noise she made when I did that suggested she was liking it more than even I imagined. I eventually had to clear my throat. "That's your back all protected, Eva," I murmured. I had to move as I was going to do something else otherwise.

I quickly got up and returned to my equipment, glancing back just the once to see Eva relaxed, but with a smile on her face. At least she was happy. I kept at work until around 6pm. Still needed more doing to it, but it had been a good start. The fence needed to be fixed, and could probably do with some paint and primer. Eva's idea would take a few Saturday's, so I would leave that until last, long as the good weather continued.

She'd disappeared as I started packing up my ute. I'd mentioned lunch as part of the deal, but as I headed inside, ready to go home, she approached me with a smile. "Go home, shower, change, come back for dinner."

"Oh... I wasn't..."

"Would you like to join me for dinner?"

"Yes, I'd love to," I replied immediately. I wasn't going to lie.

"Good. Back in an hour? It should be ready by then."

"Okay. See you shortly."

Mum and Dad asked me where I was going as I dressed, put on deodorant and cologne. Stuck to the usual ensemble considering it was still quite warm. Polo shirt. Slacks. Shoes. I told them Eva was cooking me dinner. Mum suggested I was on the verge of dating her. That brought me to a halt. "No, dating would mean I actually take her out somewhere," I said.

"Thinking of doing that?" Dad wondered.

"She's just cooking me dinner as a thank you for helping her out."

"Uh-huh," Mum murmured, a wicked grin on her face, "Should we expect you home tonight?"

Mum and Dad shared a glance and started to laugh. I just groaned. "God, it's like role reversal, living with a pair of children. I'll see you later tonight. Don't wait up on my account."

I got out of the house before my sisters heard and started to tease me. Good naturedly, of course, but they were already dropping comments about my apparent relationship with Eva. Considering I was still legally married, though separated with no real chance of reconciliation, I wasn't exactly sure what I should do. I figured the first thing I should do would be to call Emma and discuss it. If either of us moved on, that was the clear signal it was over.

I hated the idea of well and truly breaking her heart though. I'd prefer she did it to me first.

Knocking on her front door a few minutes later, she opened the door to reveal she'd dressed up, a lovely blue dress that hung just off her shoulders, ended almost at her knees, with a pair of short heels on her feet. Think she'd moisturised as her skin simply glistened. Even a little make-up, if I guessed correctly.

Following her to the kitchen, she announced that she was preparing seafood pasta. Then she worried, asking if I did like seafood. "I'm not picky, I'll eat just about anything."

"Well, you're better than my own son in that regard."

"Mum never forced us to eat something, she'd just suggest we try it. Plus, I think my taste buds have changed as I've gotten older."

I found a glass of wine in my hand again, realising I drank that instead of beer in her presence. Probably better for me in the end. She served dinner within a matter of minutes, ensuring we ate by candlelight. It was all rather romantic. Yet still, we talked like old friends, reminiscing about days in the past, what we'd been doing during those years we hadn't seen each other much, if at all. Once we'd finished, she served coffee, taking my hand in hers, just gently caressing hers with my thumb.

God, she was beautiful.

Ending up back in the living room, she turned on her stereo to play a little music, sitting on the couch so we were facing each other. I took a moment just to drink in her gorgeous face. Wouldn't have thought for a second that she was a forty-two-year-old mother of one. "You're married," she finally said.

"Legally, yes. Technically, we're separated with the intention to divorce."

"You don't plan on changing your mind?"

"No."

"Why not?"

I smiled. "My future doesn't lie with Emma. We both know that. We're free to pursue other relationships. Once I've found someone I want to date, I said I'd call her, let her know. It will hurt us both, knowing that would be the first real signal it's truly over, but I want her to find happiness, much as she wants it for me."

"Your wife sounds rather incredible through all this."

"She is. I still love her. But it's the love of a friend, no longer as my wife. I'm not in love with her anymore."

She shuffled a little closer, leaning forward ever so slightly. "Is there anyone in your life at the moment taking your interest?"

I took a sip of wine. "There is. But I've only just separated from my wife. The last thing I'd want her to think is that she's a rebound. So I'm going to take it slow. Probably more for my benefit than hers. I don't want to leap into anything."

"But you have met someone?" she asked, seeing the smile on her face.

"I have. There's added awkwardness, for various reasons."

"Oh, what are they, Mark?"

"She's an older woman. At my age, I guess it doesn't really matter, but there's enough of an age gap to raise eyebrows. Not that I care about that sort of thing."

"Anything else that could be a concern?"

"Hmmm. Well, I think if my best friend found out, he could be rather upset by it."

She moved closer until our noses almost touched. "So this older woman you know, are you thinking about dating her?"

I met her eyes. "I'd love to," I replied softly, "But, as I said, I don't want to rush things. When I do ask her out, though, I hope she says yes."

"Oh, I think there's a good chance she'll say yes, Mark."

I kissed her. Not that chaste kiss of previous times either. She returned the kiss immediately, stopping just long enough to put down our glasses, before we resumed. She tasted of wine. Her lips were soft. Her tongue was playful. She moulded her body into mine, while my hands certainly caressed those wonderful curves of her body. No idea how long we kissed. Might have been five seconds, five minutes, five hours. The only thing that mattered while kissing her was... her.

When we finally stopped for air, her lips slightly parted, her breathing a little more rapid that usual. "Can definitely show patience if you're going to kiss me like that all the time, Mark," she said softly.

"Hopefully not too long."

We eventually cuddled on the couch and watched a movie together. A little more kissing, but that was about it. I knew Eva wasn't going to push me too fast. I had no doubt she wanted me to stay the night. I wanted to stay the night. But I wasn't there just yet. I knew I needed to deal with other things.

Leaving her house well after midnight, I pulled her close at the threshold and kissed her again. Pressing her body into mine, she smiled as she wouldn't have missed the fact I was hard. She didn't touch me though. I'd add thankfully, because if she did, I probably wouldn't have left. I hated leaving though.

I called Emma the next day, asking if she'd like to meet for a coffee during the week. She was surprised to hear from me, particularly asking to see her, but I had to tell her before anything with Eva progressed further. I let Eva know what I was doing, so let her know I'd only see her on Saturday. She didn't worry about it, letting me know that she would just miss my presence at her house until then.

We met for coffee on the Wednesday afternoon, and I wasn't surprised to see she brought along her friend, well, our friend, Rachel. I took their orders and bought their drinks, one for myself at the same time, before returning to the table. Emma looked as good as ever, but the feelings of deep love I'd felt, even as recently as a couple of months before, had already receded.

"You've met someone," she stated bluntly, but thankfully smiling.

I chuckled. "Am I that easy to read?"

"It's the only reason you'd invite me out for coffee so soon, Mark. I won't ask who it is, that's none of my business. But is it rebound fling or something serious?"

Taking a sip of my coffee, I gave it a few seconds. "I'm hoping serious." Emma didn't cry, but I knew that's what she didn't want to hear. She lowered her head, hands in her lap. I had to remember she was still my friend, I hated seeing her upset or hurt, taking one of her hands in mine. "Sorry," I muttered.

"Please don't be. We agreed to this, Mark. Good guy like you would always meet someone." That made me smile. "You obviously don't need my permission, but does she know you're still legally married?"

"Yeah, already explained the complexities of how we'd proceed."

"You moving on should mean our divorce will go through quickly, at least."

Rachel started to laugh, causing us both to look at her. "Look, we've already seen friends divorce, and it was bitter. You two are acting like it's just a... I don't know... simple thing."

"It hurts," Emma admitted, "But it's for the best. We'll both find someone we can be happy with, and hopefully maintain our friendship into the future."

I squeezed her hand. "Definitely will."

We caught up on our lives for the rest of the hour we were there. She was happy in her job, and found having Rachel living with her stopped her feeling down in the dumps too often. They'd been out a couple of times, though Emma admitted she'd rather meet someone elsewhere than a club or pub, but as we'd been together the entire time during our teenage years and early twenties, she was going to let her hair down for a little while, at least.

Hugging as we parted, she whispered into my ear, "I hope she makes you happy, Mark."

"It was good, most of the time, right?"

"The best," she whispered. We hugged tightly before I let her go. Rachel hugged me too, whispering words of encouragement that she'd take care of her, and wished me happiness too.

I had good friends. I hoped it would survive what was to come.

Arriving home that night, I sat down to dinner with the family. I must have looked distracted as Mum finally asked, "Something on your mind, Mark?"

"I met up with Emma." That earned plenty of glances across the dinner table. "I told her I've met someone and I'm considering dating them."

"Who?" Michelle asked excitedly.

"Um... Eva..."

"Miss Ricci!" Jamie exclaimed, "Oh my god!"

Michelle got just as excited before Mum told them both to settle down. "How did she react?"