Eva

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Couple of weeks."

"And you're going to propose to Eva?"

"Well, I already have the ring I want to give her."

He grinned. "Serious, eh?"

"James, I've wanted to marry her since... probably not long after I saw her again for the first time in a few years. I told Emma very quickly about my feelings for her. Obviously, she's happy for me, much as I'm glad she's happy with you."

He beamed at that. "Thanks, Mark."

"No worries, mate. No worries."

We didn't need to attend court, as we'd made a joint application to divorce, but Emma and I decided to go just to make sure everything was in order and that there were no last minute hiccups. I'm fairly sure the magistrate didn't see as many friendly ex-couples as us. Eva and James were also in attendance. Quite frankly, the whole process was a breeze, and told that we'd receive the divorce order in thirty-two days.

It was only when leaving the building that Emma got a little bit tearful as our divorce was now reality. James and Eva gave us time as I hugged her. "You're still my best friend," I whispered, "Always will be too."

"You're mine too. But it still hurts we couldn't make it work."

"Hurts like hell, but it's for the best, right?"

"I know. Regrets?"

"I'll always have them."

"So will I."

"Let's give it a month. Once it's official and we get the paperwork, we should... commiserate together."

That made her giggle. A dagger to the heart, in many ways. "How many men remain good friends with their ex-wife?"

"Probably more than we'd think. I'd hate to lose you from my life."

"Not getting rid of me that easily, Mark. I expect an invite to the wedding."

"I'll make sure you're next to my parents."

I kissed her cheek then gestured for James and Eva to wander over. Emma hugged him, Eva hugged me. We wished each other the best before splitting apart, heading back to my ute. Before I stepped in, Eva stopped and hugged me tightly. She knew how it felt, but her marriage had ended disastrously.

For the next month, I organised a party, somehow managing to keep Eva in the dark, thanks mostly to Mum, my sisters and many of our friends around the neighbourhood. What I didn't expect a couple of weeks before the party was a surprise of my own. I don't think Eva was expecting it either. It was the middle of the week, I was at home as work had dried up as the weather cooled, plus I'd had the lads working balls to the wall for months on end. They needed a breather.

I was reading a book on the couch when a knock at the door grabbed my attention. Opening that then the screen door, I near enough fainted. "I heard my best friend is currently shacked up with my mother. You know anything about that, Mister Taylor?"

"What the fuck are you doing here, you daft cunt?!"

"Could say the same thing about you since you're living in my mother's fucking house, you dodgy cunt!"

Then we grinned, laughed liked idiots and hugged each other tightly. "Fuck, mate, it's good to see you," I said.

"You too, mate. You too," Steven replied, "Way too fucking long."

Letting each other go, I wasn't embarrassed by needing to wipe my eyes, noticing him do the same thing. Then I noticed that he had someone with him. "Mark, I'd like you to meet someone. This is my wife, Melissa. Mel, this is my best mate, Mark. He's currently living with my mother."

I rolled my eyes, leaning in to kiss Melissa on the cheek. "Delighted to meet you." She had an accent, though I couldn't pick from where from in the UK.

"You too, Mark. Heard a lot about you."

"I'm sure. Anyway, where are your things? Come in, come in."

After grabbing their bags from the hire car parked on the street, I offered to make drinks. And I told Steven I had to call his mother. Grabbing my phone, I dialled Eva. I knew she'd be at work, so hopefully not in any meetings. "Hi, sweetie," she answered, "Thinking about me?"

"Always thinking about you, gorgeous. But I have someone here that wants to say hello."

I handed Steven the phone, putting it on speaker. "Hello, Mum!"

That provoked the desired reaction. Eva babbled for five minutes before stating she was leaving the office immediately. The three of us decided to chat about inconsequential shit until Eva got home. I heard her car pull up onto the driveway next to my ute, the car door slamming before there was the click of her heels, bursting through the front door. She was already in tears by the time Steven was hugging her.

"My baby," she cried, "My baby is home!"

Melissa got teary, and was even worse when Steve introduced her. I had a feeling he kept a lot of things to himself. After learning what I had, I didn't blame him. No chance of eating at home that night. After we'd dragged their luggage to his old room, thankfully not close to our room at the front of the house, we gathered in the living room to catch up on things. Eva sat on my lap, and I noticed Steven needing to get used to the sight.

"It's going to take time," he admitted.

"Can't help who you fall in love with, mate. I know that also brings back..."

"Oh no, he didn't fall in love with her. He did it to spite us." He paused a moment. "Anyone know where the prick lives?"

"Don't, baby. Leave it be," Eva said. Melissa squeezed his hand, kissed his cheek. No doubt she knew everything too. "He's not worth worrying about. Not worth thinking about."

Steven chewed on that before nodding a silent agreement. Before heading out, Eva and Melissa wanted to change, Steven joining me outside with a beer. I didn't want to ask, but had to know. "Why didn't you tell me, mate?"

He sipped at his beer, taking a deep breath. "I was fucking embarrassed, mate. That was one emotion. My own father stole my girlfriend and just flaunted it in my face. Add to that the anger that my father would do such a thing. I'd suspected Charlotte, but never in a million years would have thought... I regret leaving my mother alone to deal with the fallout, but I just needed to get away. I felt like a complete and utter joke."

"I see what you mean."

"So, you and my mother..."

"I love her, mate."

"I know that. Don't worry, not going to lose my shit. Frankly, she's snagged herself a good guy. How'd it happen though?"

"I'm not sure. We just connected."

He grinned. "You were always her favourite. She's always adored you in her own way." He sipped at his beer again. "So you're divorced from Emma?"

"Yeah."

"Damn. Still good friends though?"

"Yep. We parted on good terms."

"And you're going to propose to my mother?" I met his eyes and he smirked. "Your mother got in contact with me."

"Is that why you're here?"

"One reason."

"What's the other?"

He tapped the side of his nose. "That's for me to know. Plus, it was time to come home, at least to visit. I'm sure Mum hopes I'm here to stay, but I'm not. My home is with Melissa in London. I've got a great job, we've got our own little place, my life is there now."

Heading out for dinner, I didn't find it awkward being affectionate with Eva, simply because it was natural after a few months together. Steven might have found it awkward to begin with, but he eventually relaxed and it was a good night to catch up. He let Eva know straight away this was only a visit, but he would be around for a few weeks before flying home. Eva seemed to be aware of the reality, so spent most of her time speaking to and getting to know her new daughter-in-law.

Returning home rather late, we enjoyed a nightcap at the dining table before retiring to our respective rooms. "Don't make too much noise," he called before disappearing with his wife.

Eva dragged me into the bedroom, shut the door, and pushed me onto the bed. "You're now going to fuck me something stupid," she insisted.

Like I'd say no to that demand.

The next two weeks passed quickly before it was the day of the party I'd organised. It was for a Saturday, naturally, but I made sure I was out of the house most of the day working, figuring I'd get back in time to shower, change, then meet everyone to surprise Eva. What I didn't expect was a message from her, stating she'd been phoned by a friend about an emergency, and that she'd be out until late.

Well, that was an abject disappointment, immediately messaging everyone the part would be delayed until later that evening. Not wanting to go home until time, I visited my parents, making use of their bathroom before getting changed. There was no sign of Mum or my sisters, just my Dad, reading his newspaper at the table. Noticing I was not doing anything, he asked, "Need to go home?"

"Well, you know I was organising..."

He stood up, gestured with his head. "Come on, we'll sink a couple of beers before she gets home." He locked up before we began walking up the street. "Nervous?"

"Nah, I want to marry her, Dad. Been planning this for a while now. I want it to be right, you know?"

"I know, but all she needs to know is you love her, Mark. Doesn't need to be a big deal. Think she's going to say no to you?"

I stopped and looked at my father. "Thanks, Dad."

We hugged it out. "Proud of you, my boy. Damned proud."

Entering through the front door, I heard music playing from the backyard. That had me wondering what the hell was going on, glancing at my father who had a look on his face. Stepping through the rear sliding door, the music was eventually turned lower and Eva appeared through the crowd. She was dressed up and smiled widely at my appearance. Everyone was there who I'd invited, including Emma and James, Steven and Melissa, everyone from the neighbourhood.

She was holding something against her chest, though I couldn't see what it was.

"Hang on, what's going on?" I asked.

"I've had a secret of my own, Mark. I hope you can forgive me." She took what she was holding. It looked like a piece of paper. Offering it to me, I turned it over and... I looked up and met her eyes. "I'm twelve weeks pregnant, Mark. That's our baby."

"You're... you're..." I looked at the picture again. "We made that? It's ours?"

"Yes, sweetie. That's ours. You're going to be a father."

I needed to wipe my eyes before hugging her. "Holy shit," I muttered, "Holy shit!"

She giggled in my arms. "Good surprise?"

"Best surprise ever!"

"So I think you have something to do now, don't you?"

Of course she bloody knew, though I didn't care a bit right then. I handed my mother the photo of the sonography before taking the box I'd carried with me all day from my pocket. After that announcement, this felt a bit anticlimactic, though I didn't really mind anymore. "Eva, you're now carrying our child, but I'm not about to do this because of that. I love you. I mean, I really fucking love you. Probably not the most eloquent of proposals, but I never claimed to not be part-bogan." She smiled and giggled, wiping her cheeks. "All I know is that I want to spend every single day for the rest of my life basking in your presence. You make me feel, want to, and be a better man. Will you do me the honour of being my wife?"

"Abso-fucking-lutely!"

There were cheers aplenty as I placed the ring on her finger and kissed her deeply. Long enough that there was more than one cleared throat, telling us that what we might end up doing had led to her being pregnant. I noticed Eva wasn't drinking, and almost slapped my forehead as I had noticed her consumption drop, though she didn't exactly go through a bottle a night or anything. Explained why Steven was around, though. He knew about the proposal and the pregnancy. I was the last one to know about the latter. I didn't mind as I hadn't lied. Greatest surprise of my life.

We married within three months. Eva wanted one thing, that we married in a church. She was a lapsed Catholic, while she knew I wasn't a particular believer in anything. I just didn't give it much thought. But if it made her happy on our big day, I'd do anything she wanted. Other than that, she didn't want a big bash. Her first wedding had been all the bells and whistles. She wanted a smaller, more intimate affair. The reception would be at our home in our backyard.

Emma was a constant visitor. So was Mum. So were all of Eva's family and her close friends. I stayed out of the way, giving my opinion where required. Otherwise, the only thing I was left to deal with was my suit and sorting out my groomsmen. Steven had to fly back to the UK though would fly back for the wedding with his wife.

Eva was six months pregnant when we married. She was utterly radiant as she walked down the aisle towards me in her gorgeous white dress, the smile on her face lighting up the church. She'd never been more beautiful. Steven, my father and James stood to my side, the latter now a very good friend, and he was already considering proposing to Emma. As for Eva, she had two of her close friends, though Emma was one of her bridesmaids. She met my eyes as I stood waiting for Eva and smiled at me.

It was a great day. A fantastic night. The food was fantastic. The alcohol flowed, though I stayed teetotal alongside my wife. The music had people up and dancing. That first dance with my wife... I didn't want to let her go. Emma danced with me, had a little cry on my shoulder. I promised I'd walk her down the aisle at her own wedding, as I'd said before. Dad watched with nothing but pride on his face. Mum cried. So did my sisters.

As soon as everyone buggered off for the evening, my wife and I consummated our marriage more than once until Monday morning.

Ten weeks later, I was called by the nearby hospital, informing me that my wife had gone into labour. I made it in time to see her deliver our child. He was healthy, a good set of lungs on him. I watched in disbelief as he was cleaned before being handed to my wife. When she handed him to me, I couldn't stop myself from crying.

"I already know his name," she whispered, "I'll name him after his father, but with a nod to my heritage."

We named him Marco.

*****

Epilogue

I knocked on the door. "Are you decent?"

"I am," she replied.

Opening the door, her bridesmaids all turned towards me and smiled. Eva was one of them. Emma and my wife were now incredibly close. "Looking good, Mark," Rachel said, "Eva is keeping you in line?"

"Of course. I'd never disappoint my wife." I met her eyes and winked.

Her bridesmaids filed past, all of them kissing my cheek, Eva giving me one hell of a kiss before departing. Emma's friends were still my close friends, even after everything that happened. Emma hadn't turned around yet, not until I touched her shoulder. When she did, I couldn't help the gasp that escaped me.

"Fucking hell, Emma," I muttered.

Her face lit up as she hugged me. "Don't make me cry. I just finished doing my face."

"Like you need much make-up for your face, Emma."

She hugged me tightly. I was her best friend. James still understood that, even after all this time. "Regrets?" she asked.

"I'll always have them. But things are better now."

"I still wonder... but yes, things are back to how they were. I've got my best friend back in my life."

She leaned back, the smile still on her face. "Ready?" I asked.

She took a deep breath. "Let's go."

Emma and James wanted a church wedding. Neither were religious, but there's something about getting married in a church. I'd enjoyed it when Eva and I had married. The car stopped outside, the bridesmaids having arrived a couple of minutes earlier, preparing themselves to walk in. Stepping around the car, I helped Emma out. Thankfully, her dress was sensible. Just a veil, her dress stopping at her ankles.

Taking my arm, I helped her upstairs as I heard the music start from inside, the wedding organiser doing her job. "We could always run away," she whispered, "Spanish island or something. They'd never find us."

I laughed. "Can I bring Eva with me?"

"Two women? You're a greedy guts, Mister Taylor."

"You want to marry him, Emma."

She glanced at me and smiled. "Fuck yes, I do!"

"Good. Let's get this how on the road."

I wonder how many ex-husband's have escorted their ex-wife down the aisle so they could marry their new partner. I would think not too many. All eyes were on Emma, though I received quite a few nods of recognition. Once I was near James, I shook his hand and embraced him, wishing him luck. I then took my place in his line of groomsmen. Eva was a bridesmaid for Emma.

My parents were looking after our three children. Marco was now four. Our twin daughters, Sofia and Carlotta, had just turned two. After our daughters, she'd chosen to have her tubes tied, joking that I was so potent, a vasectomy probably wouldn't work on me. Eva had always wanted a daughter, and having been blessed with two of them, I don't think anything could wipe the smile from her face. Even on her worst day, and our toughest times as a couple, seeing her twin daughters put the smile straight back on her face.

The wedding was wonderful Emma and James were perfect for each other, they really were. He was now one of my closest friends. We'd play golf together once a month, meet up to watch the footy, and they were constant visitors to our place. I noticed Emma's maternal instincts kicking in, particularly once our twins were born. I had a feeling she'd give into temptation, and I knew James was interested, but was patient.

It was obviously a different father-daughter dance as I led Emma out onto the dancefloor. In many ways, it was a reminder of our first dance as husband and wife all those years ago now. Halfway through the chosen song, I kissed her cheek and beckoned James closer. As I handed her over, I said, "Break her heart, I kick your arse."

Thankfully, both of them chuckled, and I soon found my wife in my arms as we danced together. I kissed her deeply before she rested my head against my chest. "What next for us?" she wondered.

"Now we live life, watch our children grow up, and we grow old together."

"Hmmm. I do like the sound of that. Maybe a trip to visit my oldest son?"

"I think we can organise that. Plus, you need to see your grandchildren via other means than a video call."

"Never would have imagined in a million years I would have married his best friend and had his children."

"I'm glad you did."

She gazed into my eyes, nothing but her love for me reflected. "Well, could have done worse, I guess." I tickled her for that, which made her burst out into laughter, eventually turning her around so her arse was resting against my crotch. "Hmmm. It seems my husband is excited. Does he want some private time with his wife?"

"Think they'll miss us for half an hour?"

"Just be blunt and say you want some time to fuck your wife."

My wife had a way with words. I glanced at Emma. "We're going to our room early. Back soon."

Emma rolled her eyes but smiled. James burst into laughter. Taking my wife by the hand, I led her out of the reception hall towards the elevator. Entering our room, I was amazed at how quickly I got her out of the dress, I reckon chosen for ease of getting naked. Once I joined her in nakedness, I could only marvel at her body. She was forty-seven years old, her body had carried four children, twins the last time.

And she was an absolute fucking goddess. She always would be in my eyes.

"Well, someone approves," she said rather seductively, her delicate hand quickly wrapping around my cock, her lips finding mine as we shared an intense, passionate kiss.

No surprise we ended up on the bed rather quickly, making love. Even through the tough times, we rarely went more than a couple of days not showing how much we loved each other. The old wounds were gone. Her heart, her soul, I'd helped mend hers as she'd helped mend mine.

Eva. The mother of life. The women who have given my life back. Never had a name been more appropriate.