All Comments on 'Every Man's Fantasy Ch. 27'

by Erinaceous

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
Steve150177Steve150177over 5 years ago
Will The Mystery of Eden Homeworld be posted soon?

I don't see it yet.

Maybe it is in moderation.

ErinaceousErinaceousover 5 years agoAuthor
Steve150177 - Eden Homeworld

Hi Steve150177,

Sorry, it's still being written. Thanks for asking.

Erinaceous.

TREK1TREK1over 5 years ago
Erinaceous

Erina

I assume this is the end of every mans fantasy?

Looking forward to the new story like always.

TK

SensitiveHandsSensitiveHandsover 5 years ago
Great Novel! I hope this isnt the end!

There are so many unanswered questions. I hope this isnt the end! Thank you for. Wonderfully written and entertaining novel.

ErinaceousErinaceousover 5 years agoAuthor
Trek1 and Senstitive Hands - it isn't the end yet

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. There are a couple of chapters to go. Sorry if I've confused you. The next submission (which is giving me a few problems) is a story of Hestia and Hana. It's linked to the story series but not a central part of it.

Chapter 28 will follow later.

Best wishes,

Erinaceous.

TREK1TREK1about 5 years ago
Erina

Any news on when chapter 28 will be here?

Just curious.

TK

ErinaceousErinaceousabout 5 years agoAuthor
TK - short story soon

Hi TK,

Thanks for asking. New short story will be published on 25th May for the Geek Pride event.

Chapter 28 of EMF will be next, I promise.

Sorry to be so slow.

Erinaceous.

maddictmaddictalmost 5 years ago
Spaced out

Well done, I'm not sure how you would end this story with out these extra chapters. I'm in agreement Samothea needs more men don't end our fantasy, and Ezra just might be worn to a nub. Turning Samothea into a devil's island, that would of taken us to a dark place. I do like A happy ending.

TREK1TREK1over 4 years ago
eRINA

Just wanted to check in and see what's happening. I know there was a story in May but EMF wasn't updated since January. Wondering if we will see anything soon?

TK

ErinaceousErinaceousover 4 years agoAuthor
TK - sorry for slow progress

Hi TK,

Thanks for checking up on me. Sorry for the slow progress. I hope to re-start on EMF chapter 28 pretty soon. Sorry I can't give a finish date. I've started a new job and had other matters to work on.

All the best,

Erinaceous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Why did Solange's name change to Solanj?

And there were other times throughout the story where Sally was Sarah.

You've got a good story here, I just feel it could use an editor's touch.

Ironman13Ironman13about 4 years ago
MORE

Please write some more of this story. The wait is killing me.

ErinaceousErinaceousabout 4 years agoAuthor
Thanks for your comments - next chapter is on its way

Hi all,

Chapter 28 has been submitted. Sorry it's taken so long.

There are two more chapters in the pipeline, and a short story, maybe two, if I get time.

All the best,

Erinaceous.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Finances

In real life, the purchasing would have gone much differently. A planet is a solid asset that is easily located and stored, and only improving in value in the short term (a half-billion years or so). Thus, financing would be both long term and cheap - a 2% interest rate at the outside, say. So, with 5.5M base, a 50% down on $4.5 cost would leave 3.25M base. Investing 2.25M at a non-risk 6% return would provide a 135K annual return, which after paying the 2% interest on the loan (45K the first year) would leave at a minimum 90k (the first year) towards retiring the principal. If the full 135k were used towards the debt servicing, the loan would be retired in just over 20 years, and they would still have the principal amount remaining (2.25M). It would be to their advantage to only spend about 50k of that 135k income on debt servicing and fill out a 100-year term, using the balance for administrative expenditures, etc. This would also allow inflation to work in their favor.

Even with this solution in the story, the interest on the 5.5M they'd collected would've been returning over 300k annually, at that conservative 6%.

A purchase price of 4.5M would only be difficult to swing if you had less than 2M in assets. Having to collect 5.5M would be an overkill.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
@Finances Anonymous

You neglect that, with a 100-year term, the best financial course would be an interest-only repayment with the full balloon at the end. You'd then compound the 6% interest earned, minus your annual 45K payment, ending up with ~750M principal earning ~45M in interest to deduct the 2.25M balloon from.

Compound interest is why you want to live forever :-). As long as inflation lags behind at least a bit. Inflation is why you want to finance forever - if the interest rate is low-ish.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userErinaceous@Erinaceous
I've just submitted my 2021 Geek Pride story to be published in May. It's the 2020 story that I never finished. The title is 'We are such stuff'. The story is 18,500 words long and is written in an odd style as an experiment: all dialogue and no narrative. I'm still slowly ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES