All Comments on 'Everything that Glitters Ch. 04'

by Texican1830

Sort by:
  • 51 Comments
woodwardwoodwardover 2 years ago

Well written. I enjoyed following this series. Thanks for the effort.

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 2 years ago

Oh are you going to take heat from the Loving Wives BTB crowd! This old romantic thought it was one of the top stories I have ever read on this site. Very involved fantasy well written. Thank you for sharing your fantasy and writing skills.

Cheers

SAGE

Texican1830Texican1830over 2 years agoAuthor

Sage, it’s fairly easy to write for them - several already perfected the formula. I’ll let them be and tell stories elsewhere.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A truly wonderful and enjoyable ending to a well written story. Thank you for reaffirming that true love can conquer the demons forced on people you love. Second chances should be given under the right circumstances. K

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 2 years ago

Really, really loved the story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

as always great story thank you.

Cito22Cito22over 2 years ago

This one was awesome, it's the only way this could have ended. It is truly a feel good story. 5 out of 5 all day.

pepepilotpepepilotover 2 years ago

This is wow and awesome! It is definitely a 5-star story (if not more, if they were available).

I think a lot of people stay in the mindset when reading on this site that it always has to be BTB or the husband is nothing but a sorry cuck versus a time for reconciliation. I appreciate it more when the stories are more realistic as this one is. Are there times that BTB is the right thing? Yep, I think there are. Are there times that reconciliation is the better answer? I think there are those times also. But everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Thank you for a very well-done story!

ThorlolThorlolover 2 years ago

Dont know about the story as a whole. It was missing substance I guess. Its nice that Casey gets to have two full time parents but I didnt like the whole 'shifting blame' approach. It was her decision to leave her family behind, it was her decision to do drugs and it was her decision to fuck around. No one else was responsible, her father was just giving her the means to do it, he didnt force her and she could have said no at any time. The other thing that was clichee as hell was the people ganging up on him to forgive and forget. I never saw something happen in my life just in fiction. Maybe its a christian thing...

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedover 2 years ago

This was a great story with “truth coming out” gradually in chapters 2-3 and the one of those reconciliations that made sense after the earlier burn the real bastard. I continue to enjoy your stories, perhaps even more with the Texas connection.

JohnD46JohnD46over 2 years ago

What a great story. Thank you

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 2 years ago

She is a drug addiction and she be treated as such. Monitored constantly and drug tested if she ever wants to be alone with the daughter. There was no realistic way to come back from her cheating. The football part was silly like most of the last two chapters. Was a sugar sweet story really from chapter two on.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 2 years ago

Excellent. I liked the way the reconciliation was drawn out - not the length of it, but the extent of each character’s concerns, feelings, and observations.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Quite a tale.

I do love the Llano River

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 2 years ago

I enjoyed the whole story very much. Thanks for writing it.

nogravynogravyover 2 years ago

Very well plotted and written, and great character development. The last chapter was a little slow, but all-in-all a thoroughly enjoyable read.

gentle_touch4ugentle_touch4uover 2 years ago

I greatly enjoyed the entire story and will read it again. Thank you

Being Born Again does remove all our sins; past, present and future. Born Again is a spiritual birth. Read about it in the gospel of John chapter 3.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Again, a great story. If you could only get over the idea that saying "I'm Sorry" excuses any and all bad behavior.

Cal59Cal59over 2 years ago

Excellent series, perhaps the ending was a bit rushed but 5 stars from Australia

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice but not nearly as good as "The Girl from the Ouachita".

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A noble celebration of pathetic cucks

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Excellent story! You are a very talented writer. I love your stories. Very detailed. Thank you! 5 BIG FAT FLUFFY STARS!

Texican1830Texican1830over 2 years agoAuthor

Some readers seem confused about the term “cuck”

cuck

A man who lets his wife or girlfriend have sex with other men. Often the man lets her do whatever she wants and treat him like shit.

I’m more than certain that does not apply to the MC of this story, as anyone who read it should understand.

Also, RAAC doesn’t apply: that applies to men or women who are willing to allow their spouses to continue cheating if only they will agree to reconcile. Again, that doesn’t apply to the MC.

Sorry, but that kind of like calling everything from a neo-Nazi to the guy who believes in sound fiscal policy a “conservative”, and everyone from a communist to a person who believes in public schools a “liberal”.

If you’re going to throw derogatory terms around, at least be accurate.

mac1729mac1729over 2 years ago

Very well done. I thoroughly enjoyed all of it

Rob5373Rob5373about 2 years ago

All in all a good story. My one is due is it was there was too much filler when during the times when the story theme died. Too much locale description ,history of the different cities and area sight seeing. Just didn’t add anything to the story which gets lost in all that extraneous unnecessary dialog. I have to admit, I skipped over alot of that trying to get back to the story. Just food for thought. Stick to yours Tory with not so much filler

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

Another simply riveting love story with all the pain and joy. You create authentic characters and authentic frames, with perfect pacing and.background.

Thoroughly enjoyable. 5 stars

Cracker270Cracker270almost 2 years ago

I echo all the previous superlatives. Also. The historical tours were fascinating especially NOLA. I have never previously had occasion to feel sorry for the British.

Horseman68Horseman68almost 2 years ago
Totally Excellent.

I’m totally impressed with this author. This story is one of the best reads I have had on this site in a good while. Many bravos.

Horseman68Horseman68almost 2 years ago
Totally Excellent.

Am totally impressed with this author. This story has been one of the best reads I have had on this site in a good while. Many, many bravos.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

The term Cuckold was used and RAAC well despite what the author may say both these things do apply to your well meaning protagonist. Your wife leaves you to literally fuck everyone and anyone for 'years', your response is you do nothing?

I mean let's face it this guy is the feminist dream stays home takes care of the kid and doesn't do or say shit about anything the wife does sounds like a cuckold to me?

And when she crawls back he takes her back faster than we can turn the page and all that stuff she did, that's just water under the bridge.

Give me a fucking break just one question Mr Author no matter how much of a cuck your hero is what about the daughter? What fucking kind of Father would let his disease ridden, drug addicted whore of a wife come back into his daughter's life?

Now that part is total and comply BULLSHIT.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WTF is he back with her for? Here, cucky cucky cucky! Here, cucky cucky cucky!

DogmancyprusDogmancyprusover 1 year ago

Excellent. One of the best writers on the site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Two basic parts to a story, clean writing connects to the reader and getting the reader to believe what is happening.

Well the writing was clean and well done. getting the reader to believe take back the whore after the way she acted - nope I can't buy it. My wife did that and was gone, would not be allowed any where near me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It is one thing to welcome back the Prodigal son as in the New Testament parable, but wow with a mother her abandons her child, on top of all her addictions and abandonment of her husband, that is some next level turning of the cheek. Doesn't seem realistic. Maybe her reconnecting some with the daughter as a co-parent after finding Jesus. Forgiveness is divine but doesn't necessarily imply marital reconciliation. Hard to fathom here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The only thing I would change is cowboy Bob baptizing hdrink her iN the water trough (Romans 6)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

And the last sentence says it all.

For those that have read this and still wanted Cassie burned at the stake well, have you never heard of redemption? It comes to those who work and sacrifice everything for it.

6💥💥💥💥💥💥 story!

69gman69gman12 months ago

Great story from start to finish. I wish I had read it sooner. Some think you went into too much detail about rodeo life, not me. Appreciate you referencing Dan Seals' song and the title of this story, what can I say. I listened to song as a read the story went to all the places you described in the story (as I have been to most). Anyway all 5 stars turned golden... TY

MILF_HammerMILF_Hammer9 months ago

One of the best stories I've read, and think it would make one hell of a movie!

Hope you write more on rodeo life or Western life in general.

Loved the character development, felt like you knew them in real life! I loved that he took her back. I've come to Learn that the only way people change is with God, yeah, people can do it for a short time without God but it never lasts unless they've put God at the head of their life.

Awesome story!

Tim_the_cajunTim_the_cajun9 months ago

Lovely story and series. Great characters and emotions. Thanks.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster18 months ago

Very nicely done, and 5 stars for doing it.

CruachanCruachan6 months ago

Thank you Texican, a great story you have redeemed yourself in my eyes after the totally OTT betrayed series. Keep up the good work.

Texican1830Texican18305 months agoAuthor

Angel rider- I was so impressed with your critiques I decided to visit your page and read your stuff so I could learn what real composition is. Imagine my surprise when I found you have published zero on this site.

Mbrown0525Mbrown05255 months ago

Great story. Loved how you took the song and developed characters off of it. Really hope you keep writing here.

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver3 months ago

Loved the story.

Loved the intertwining of repentance and grace along with the happy ending many wanted.

So much better than the ending in Comeuppance.

Thank you for sharing!!

d119b63d119b633 months ago

Great story, interesting characters, well written. Thanks for sharing!

dinotail2023dinotail20232 months ago

Good as always.....5 stars

Slick742Slick7422 months ago

I want to be a cowboy baby. Thanks, Sk742

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Best story I have read on literotica. Loved the rodeo talk. I am an old cowboy, not rodeo just owned cattle. My dad had a little over 700 head and me and my little sister were his cow hands.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

This series would haven't been no more than six pages, if the writer got on with the story which l liked. The constant travel show description, although selling America to the readers, ruined a good story.

waifwaif27 days ago

I won't directly comment to the anons, but I will say that the story, while it seemed to falter at times, was an entertaining and informative. I loved the rodeo aspects, and found the characters believable.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTexican1830@Texican1830
Yes, I'm old enough to have enjoyed the '60s...and 70s, and everything from then until now. My experiences and points of view are likely quite different, so be open minded when you read my stuff, as I do with yours. Current works: Chapters 1 & 2 of Comeuppance are awaiting a...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories