All Comments on 'Eyes Like Winona Ch. 08'

by Cruel2BKind

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Yippee!! I'm so glad you've finished this story I have loved from the word go

I was so scared that something horrible was going to happen to either Neil and or Drake at the end of their assignment with Ferdinand, or that Toby was going to make a huge problem with their relationship.

This story has been so much about problems and publically minimising them, that it felt very free and liberating for Neil and Drake to have the course of the chapter to be actually who they want to be and have the beginnings of a family reconcilliation for Neil.

In short, loved it!!

Can't wait until you post again Cruel2bkind, within your timeframe of course!

uchenauchenaover 11 years ago

I'm so happy for them. I'm glad things are working out well. I was worried about them. That something awful would happen.

You take your time with the writing. You're human just like the rest of us with a life and school and work. There's nothing wrong with that. I don't have a problem waiting. It's always a wonderful surprise to find one of your chapters posted. :)

Thanks for sharing your stories:) Happy Holidays!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

First off, I absolutely despise Toby and Ben. They are jerks. Neil did so much for his family, no matter what it cost him personally. Gave up school, helped put his OLDER brother through college and worked 3 jobs just so they could pay off the bills and put food on the table. Yeah, he had to pull tricks, so what. Even after he left home he let them have one of his paychecks. And what does he get for it? Slapped around by one and called selfish by the other bastard who didn't lift a hand to help anyone but himself. Instead of giving him a hard time, his brothers should be grateful for his efforts. I'm glad Neil left them for Drake except the girls and Calvin miss him, and they are the only family members who have my sympathy. I know it's a fiction story, but I hope they have a long and happy life together.

avidreadravidreadrover 11 years ago

I am so happy things worked out for them, it made me cry (no surprise there). I hope they have a long and happy life together (yes, I know they're not real but it feels that way). As for you, take whatever time you need; don't rush your writing. We all understand that the other parts of your life need tending. We'll be here waiting.

ingaalleningaallenover 11 years ago
Thank you

You take all the time you need, but thanks for finishing this story. I loved it and have been waiting for the last chapter. Agree with Anon, the older brothers are assholes. But at least Neil has Drake to love him and he has a normal life back. I loved the HEA ending.

cliffgirl08cliffgirl08over 11 years ago

What a nice surprise to find the end of this amazing story posted. It is one I would find myself wondering about every once in awhile, and you did it up very nicely. I know how hard it can be to balance writing with the rest of your life, so no worries there. Thanks for telling us their story.

scotrik1scotrik1over 11 years ago
Great story!

I've read this from first posting, and really enjoyed it. And don 't worry about the sex thing until the last chapter-I think it was perfect just the way you wrote it! I was so worried about Toby going after Drake...so glad it's a HEA!! Again, great job!

Life gets in the way for all of us. Just please don't stop writing! I'd rather wait awhile than not be able to read your stories at all! I really love this one, and The Boy From the Sea (one of my alltime favs!)

Scottie

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

What a great story. You made me cry

Thanks for sharing Winona with the world, you certainly have the gift of the gab at writing cp

boxersguy84boxersguy84over 11 years ago
Sweet!

Circumstances in my life have hardened my heart to a point where I hardly cry anymore, but this story...wow! I'm still crying! :'(

Very well written and the ending was just right. I am so looking forward to your next story - even if it takes you forever to finish them! :P

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
awesome

beautifully written and i am glad u finished it off so well

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Thank you

I'm so glad that you finished the story, I have honestly been looking every other day for the update for the past month and a half. I loved it. It was well written and was more than just the standard (but good) plot you find, I loved the characters and how they all had pretty realistic actions and reactions. Good luck on your exams and your schoolwork. Thank you for only posting stories you intend to finish (it sucks when you come across a good one that never got finished). Congratulations on a tale well told

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I enjoyed this alot. It did a great job of showing a life that is filled with difficulty and pain and hard work, along with love for his family and then from Drake for Neil. I was happy to see that he could be strong enough to let himself live and accept himself for who he is. It was clear that Drake also had a hard life and it was nice to see them help one another. I liked that you developed all the characters, even the smaller ones, like his family. The only thing left hanging for me was Toby b/c I think he had the potential to become abusive to anyone in his family. Hope he doesn't. It was nice to see his family make an effort at the end. The kids didn't deserve to be caught in the middle either and they loved their brother. Toby and Ben never even said thanks to him for taking care of the family at such a huge sacrafice to himself. It's just good that he found Drake as a result. Honest and real story. Look forward to your finishing the stories. I was worried when I read it was the last ch. but I think you did a really nice job of bringing it all to a close. thanks!

cannd

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Not much drama aside from the rape. You set up Ferdinand to be a threatening, uncaring character and then just let the opportunity slide for a nice juicy confrontation. You had a chance to make Toby interesting, but instead you turned the good natured older brother into a boring homophobe. The story just falls flat without much erotica to make it worth much.

ALSO - Drake did call Neil "baby" before.

roughboy18roughboy18over 11 years ago
Love this story

You manage to put so much emotion in your stories -- I was hanging on the edge from page one, worried about Neil. I would probably be afraid to read future stories from you because you always make me care so much about your protagonist, and then you put them (and me) through hell. But you wrap up very sweetly every time, so I'll keep coming back for more. This one, I think I'll read again.

I'm not going to say "Take your time writing" because if you're like me, you need someone to kick your arse now and again. So hurry, hurry with the next one!

J--

KirabillionKirabillionover 11 years ago
WOW

Oh man.... You are really really good... Im glad the first time I visit this site, your the one that i choose to read. You are awesome. Your stories are captivating and full of emotion? Jejejeje I dont know what to call it. I just wish i have the access to your email so I can tell everything that I want to say.

Anyways thank you for sharing your stories looking forward to read more of your stories. GOD BLESS

martin_x59martin_x59over 11 years ago
Such a touching story

I am a great fan of your work. And once again you have excelled yourself.

AerynnAerynnabout 11 years ago

I think this is so far the best story of yours (though I enjoyed also "The New World", "Alone at the End of the World" and the "Bottom Tier" series). I have to say it would be nice, from time to time, read more of your works without someone who get raped/beaten/killed (in The Goats it worked perfectly XD), and I don't mean give everything a "Hollywood ending", just some brighter atmosphere. ;)

Your stories have this bitterness taste that fit perfectly to the plot, and in the ones I read I have to say I still haven't found a "gratuitous" way of harming a character since everything that happens is somehow "justified" plot-wise, so maybe that's why I loved this series. There's nothing out of place, a touching story with a bright ending that gives hope and faith in what will happen next. Not a perfect life, but good enough, doomed only by the uncertainty of everyday life and not by the impending doom of something that will surely happen (like in "Shy Jared") or tainted by the isolation of the main character, now alone to face a world who will reject them (like in the "non-human" stories). Even in "Poor Simon" I couldn't help to think "what if Axel is lying and mister Grey sent him to make sure he wouldn't expose the Fishery". But here, for once I believed a character of yours when he said "I think everything is going to be alright." :)

MaryJonMaryJonalmost 11 years ago
Thanks for the beautiful story

So difficult to read, so scared for them the whole time! It was easy to care about them and to take their plight seriously. I didn't feel like you gave magical or unrealistic solutions, which would have been annoying, but still let them get on a path to happiness and safety.

(And I'm usually here for the erotica!)

Unexpected side: I liked how Ferd was... honorable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Beautiful!

Thank you.

ramblingrobinramblingrobinalmost 11 years ago
Very nice

I love your stories. Your characters have such wonderful depth and my heart gets wrenched all over the damn place by your protagonists. Really wonderful work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great skills and moving storyline

Couldn't leave here without telling you how much I appreciate you writing your stories. I really felt with your characters - I was on the verge of tears every once in a while. And although it is after three in the morning I couldn't stop reading.

Just wanted to let you know you got a gift there! Please continue!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Thanks!

Ditto what MaryJon said--I'm so relieved there was a HEA. Neil and Drake are adorable and I love that you set them up for a very happy life together.

Really well-written sex scenes--both the prostitution and the final ones between Neil and Drake. And I'm glad you avoided the 'evil pimp' stereotype with Ferdinand.

ravenmanwomanravenmanwomanover 9 years ago
I love your writing

Your descriptions of this family's poverty was so real. I even had a brief thought to share it with my entitled, privileged daughter who doesn't know how good she's got it. But that would be over-sharing.

My next impulse was to pick out all the great lines and tell you how great they were. The literary techniques you used blew me away. But noting all the things you got perfectly right would get a bit tedious. So I'm just going to leave well enough alone and tell you that I was completely captivated by this story. Thank you so much for all the effort you put into writing this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you!

Thanks for existing, this is an amazing story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
best!

Best story in the gay Male category. Best story on this site. Best story I've ever read! You're character description and portrayal of real life is amazing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
One of the Best

So full of feelz! Good feels, bad feels and aww moments. :-)

UK_DreamerUK_Dreamerover 5 years ago
Great writing

I've just read every chapter end on end and the only bit I skim read was the sex part between Neil and Drake as I was so keen to see how the story played out.. You sir, are a fine story teller and I wish you well. Absolutely fantastic Five stars for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice Flow

You are you easy to read and your characters have depth and genuine appeal. Very nice. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is one of my absolute favorites on this site. I love this story so much!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous