All Comments on 'Factory Girl'

by JukeboxEMCSA

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
GigglingGoblinGigglingGoblinabout 8 years ago

Well, this was interesting. Bit of a shame Girls(TM) are incompatible with the idea of non-binary genders, but I guess that's just machines for you. I'm intrigued in seeing where this goes from here.

JukeboxEMCSAJukeboxEMCSAabout 8 years agoAuthor
Hmm

I'm not sure they're incompatible with the idea of non-binary genders--after all, they are girls with vaginas and retractable penises, a certain amount of flexibility in their thinking on gender has been implicit in the concept since Day One. :)

This is just the first time they've had to practice what they preach--they don't care about gender, but they're rigidly structured in terms of function, and Five-Thirty-Five was doing something she wasn't designed for. (In this case literally, and not simply "in the eyes of those who believe we are designed by a creator".) It's a positive sign, I think, that they were able to recognize and overcome their own preconceptions and let Five-Thirty-Five be who she is.

But if Rory had identified as asexual or gender queer instead of trans, the Girls would have accepted her for that instead of trying to impose a binary gender on her. They're from outer space, they've seen all sorts of reproductive arrangements. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Intricate

Your story is very intricate and detail oriented. Must have been hard to write it while keeping all the scientific styled details straight.

-Ze'Rehan

dexdrakodexdrakoover 6 years ago

a transfuction robot for a transgender girl nice

avictachalleavictachalleabout 5 years ago

Oh god the parallel between 533 and Rory is just so beautiful. I adore absolutely everything about this fic, it was all touching and heartwarming and AAAAA

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As a trans woman just encountering this, I really had to write how much I love this story and I swear it's even bringing tears to my eyes.

Thank you so much for this!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous