All Comments on 'Failure To Communicate'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 93 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Finish it.

Please.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
THE SHOE CHANGES FEET

and whose foot has the corns. TK U MLJ LV NV

TXanyTXanyover 12 years ago
Ouch!

Good. Painful, but good.

cpetecpeteover 12 years ago

Well done surprise ending.

BTTapBTTapover 12 years ago
Super storytelling.

The story evolved, evolved again, and then evolved one more time. A lot of story was covered in a very short space. Sad, really. And, a good message-if wife would have been honest with hubby about his "friend" making the moves on her (repeatedly, and pretty seriously), instead of keeping quiet because Jack was "such a good friend" to Denver, the whole mess could have been averted.

I was amazed while reading the story that Denver was willing, after the clearing the air conversation with the wife, to go and make nice with Jack. Even if he believed wife (and the party made the secrecy credible) that she never slept with Jack, he now knew that Jack had repeatedly made some very forward moves on his wife, that his wife was willing to keep those things to herself, and that she had the hots for Jack (reading between the lines of her account of the night before, and "the look" she gave Jack on the dance floor). I was amazed.

But, then the next twist came-Denver decided to "trust but verify." My interpretation was that he decided to pretend to buy wife's story hook, line and sinker, make nice with Jack, and then have her monitored, to see if everything was on the up and up. Very clever.

It's sad, though, and the PI had it right: if wife would have been honest with hubby at any point along the way-full disclosure, the whole mess could have been averted.

Extremely good story in this genre.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
wonder

MM, drawing my own conclusions is fine, but I wonder if you have it in you to complete this one in the same good way...

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

why can't you EVER finish your damn stories, yet again i feels unfinished

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Damn

Another unfinished story. Geeez!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Surprised

Surprised it took so long - 25 years.

In the beginning he didn't want anything but standard sex. She was curious and didn't push it. She liked Jack and wondered about his sexual prowess.

Jack kissed her at the track and she liked it - that had to linger for a long time. He kissed her at the campsite and she liked it.

Now she has an excuse. I think she needed one all along. Actually, had she told Denver about Jack on both occasions and he and Jack had some kind of an altercation, Jack would be long gone or - he would have now made it a point to have Dorothy.

You're right - communication, BUT, I think it would have come about anyway at some point and BTW, she is doing Jack today - well, even if she was not caught and taped, she would continue anyway. Jack could go on and on and on and he kissed nice.

Thanks for the read but I agree with everyone, would you just please end stories and also - not do it abruptly.

Oh, you could write an Epiulogue or short follow-up???

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
very good...

... But I would've liked to see how they handled it after Denver found out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Haterz

Don't let the haterz tell you your story isn't a finished one. I thought the addition of a third POV was a nice way to end it. Especially since you can pretty much guess what will happen from that point onward. These people leaving comments probably havent written anything in thier lives. Trust me, endings don't have show the heroes riding off into the sunset, or living happily ever after.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Dull

And, incomplete.

BTTapBTTapover 12 years ago
What more do you want to read?

Denver's revenge? He isn't going to to go ape-shit on the cheaters and infect them with AIDS or kill them-he lives in the real world. We already saw how he handled it when he thought that they might have been up to something-he punched Jack, he told his wife off, he left her. What's wrong with a wonderfully written short story that concludes without a gift-wrapped ending and a bow on top?

I think one of the great things about short stories is that they really aren't expected to tie up all the loose ends. The art is to figure out the right place to leave off.

Take this with a grain of salt as the only story I've ever posted was a continuation of another author's story, because I couldn't leave the damn thing alone.

vestspetvestspetover 12 years ago
possible epilogue???`

Denver gets the evidence that Jack and Dorothy have sex, he leaves her and hooks up with Sara and she teaches him how to please her in bed. meanwhile, Jack truly can't be faithful to a woman and Dorothy leaves Jack after catching him with some bimbo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
expected better

incomplete, to say the least.

bdoggriffenbdoggriffenover 12 years ago
well done

Everyone knows what happens next, because this is a story about characters who act like people, flawed people, but real humans none the less. The ending is just fine.

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Excellent Storyteller,

as always with MGM. Truly a tragedy based on very human weaknesses!

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Genuinely Tragic

My only problem is that Denver had enough of a level of distrust to be suspicious in the first place. I'm a typical dumb mail I know, but if my wife breaks off a 'phone conversation when I enter a room my first thought is not "she must be cheating on me".

Given that they're coming up to a significant anniversary I'd probably plump for the surprise party before "cheating wife".

Oh well, I still liked it a lot and it's well up to your usual standard.

Mousse9Mousse9over 12 years ago
To BTTAP

There's no ending. Have you ever read a few of these Loving Wives stories? Then you know that a story could end in a WILDLY different direction than you thought it would.

Who's to say that Denver is NOT going to apeshit crazy? Who's to say that he does NOT become a willing cuckold once he finds out? Maybe he divorces Dorothy and gets a hotter younger wife. Maybe he commits suicide. Maybe DOROTHY will commit suicide (probably not...).

This is the Loving Wives category of Literotica. When it comes to endings, all bets are off. THAT's why it's so frustrating to see no ending at all. You will NEVER know how Denver handles it. His prior behavior is no proof of future behavior.

Well-written and intriguing, but there's no conclusion. And this isn't a "Think-Up-Your-Own-Ending" story either. Sorry MGM, this is just frustrating.

shuttlepilotshuttlepilotover 12 years ago
The wife

does turn out to be a cheating bitch after all. So much for love, start to finish. Whatever happens bad, she deserves and you know it's coming her way. What a bitch to do all that, especially after what happened in the story.

zed0zed0over 12 years ago
Great Start

But I gotta say, with your propensity for male bashing wimp stories I'm not so sure I want to read the next chapter.

Especially after your warning at the top of the story:

"This story has cheating in it, so go ahead and be outraged."

This does not bode well for chapter 2!!!

Lemme 'splain it to ya Lucy - it ain't the cheating that's outrageous, it's the wimps that tolerate it, and the male bashing bitch writers that not only advocate emasculation but crank out endless tomes of pathetic little non-men getting cucked.

Present company excluded of course. LOL!

That being said, you're at four stars now, try not to fuck it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
As I read ...

I cannot but wonder how many husbands have been here and never know the whole story... I cannot proof but I have wondered and searched...

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
The problem wasn't the wife, it was the husband.

Because he didn't trust his wife, as soon as he thought she was cheating on him, everything she did (no matter how innocent) convinced him she was cheating. To make matters worse, HE CHEATED ON HER!!!! And don't give me the bullshit excuse that he was drunk and didn't know what he was doing. In the end, he had lipstick stains on his crotch and his wife didn't.

I hope she did cheat on him. I hope he divorces her. And I can't wait for the judge to divide their royal assets straight down the middle. Maybe he'll learn that he a stupid assed fucktards who deserves to get an STD from some hooker he picked up in a seedy bar while his now ex-wife is blissfully happy with Jack aka Mr. Right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
ZED ..

COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER!!! THESE WORDS OF WISDOM SHOULD BE APPLIED TO "EVERY" L/W CONTRIBUTOR'S COMMENTARY/FEEDBACK AREA ....

QUOTE .... "Especially after your warning at the top of the story:

"This story has cheating in it, so go ahead and be outraged."

This does not bode well for chapter 2!!!

Lemme 'splain it to ya Lucy - it ain't the cheating that's outrageous, it's the wimps that tolerate it, and the male bashing bitch writers that not only advocate emasculation but crank out endless tomes of pathetic little non-men getting cucked.

Present company excluded of course. LOL!

That being said, you're at four stars now, try not to fuck it up." ...

THANKS ZED!!!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 12 years ago
Luke warm on this one

Several thoughts that may or might not agree with others:

1) Jack was way out of bounds to hit on Dorothy, and Dorothy knew it and should never have permitted even the kissing, let alone the fondling of her breast.

2) Dorothy and Jack lied by claiming "nothing" really happened. Kissing and fondling are way more than "nothing."

3) Denver's instincts were right on the money. He knew Jack was a player, Dorothy was not acting right, and she was spending time with Jack, too much time in fact. A special surprise birthday could easily be planned on the phone and did not require a long private meeting in Jack's den of iniquity.

4) Disappointing that the ending was left to the reader's imagination. Why not leave the entire story to our imagination? The story should have tied up the loose ends. The emotions and conflict associated with a confrontation and Denver's departure would make for some real drama. Dorothy would find she's "not in Kansas anymore," and despite his claims of always loving Dorothy, Jack just does not have it in him to be a one woman man, as Dorothy would soon learn.

Mriceman1964Mriceman1964over 12 years ago
I guess

I'm guessing that the author is leaving the ending to this story to the state of mind of the person that has read it. So here is my conclusion . 20 something years of marriage down the drain . Divorce is in the very near future . A very good ass whipping is in the makes for Denver's good old friend Jack. Denver makes sure that all friends and family knows about the affair of his loving wife and friend Jackoff .( What a great friend Jackoff has became.) He also tells everyone of his drunken mistake with the hooker. That can clear the air for some that will take Dorothy's side. He leaves his loving,cheating wife and gets on with his life. Oh yell i almost forgot the best part . Denver hooks up with the very sexy and younger Beth from the office,( No Beth in this story,but this is my conclusion.) gets remarried and lives happily ever after . As for the loving faithful now ex-wife Dorothy and the greatest ex-friend ever Jack. Well lets just say that Dorothy the now ex spends the rest of her life with the memory of what could of been and became Jack's slut . Jack is still Jack and since has made it his goal to destroy any and all relationships he can . That is until Jim who is Jack's younger brother cuts his balls off for trying to fuck his sister-in-law Amber . So that is my conclusion to this fine loving wife's story. Cheers !!!

njlaurennjlaurenover 12 years ago
needs an end

More importantly others are right, the wife has a lot of the blame here.Yes hubby is jealous ,there is no doubt but she is already wondering about jack,it is obvious.While they may have been planning sonething innocent jack sees a change in her,she withdraws. Then she knows Jack was really upset but then decides to have sex with jack?She obviously realized jack had had somethibg with a hooker but apparently forgave that but then decided to cheat?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Good Story needs ending.

The story needs an ending because if Denver was still watching the shit will hit the fan. Dorthory said it was water under the bridge and still went to Jack. Jack said he couldn't do that to his buddy and still fucked her. the story was about communicating and it seems no one learned the lesson. So no a brutal divorce is on the way and I would be very surprised if violence didn't happen because of Denver's jealousy. Please finish and good luck with the ending.

Johnny1MJohnny1Mover 12 years ago
Non ending a bit disapointing.

The essence of writing a good story is to imagine your telling the story to a group of friends sitting around a camp fire. As you tell the story, if it's a good story, you pause to take a drink of your beer, and one of your friends asks, "Then what happened?"

You continue finally stopping your tale, and your friends ask, "Well, what happened? How did it all turn out?"

You respond, "I don't know. Never heard."

They immediately throw their beers at your head, cussing you. Author, I'm figuratively throwing a beer at your head.

magmamanmagmamanover 12 years agoAuthor
Those of you who are used to....

...my writing style should know ahead of time I like to delve into human failings, and emotions.

I also like poking you all with a stick, to see the reactions. I have some stories posted that are actually fairly highly rated, but no reactions, little comments.

That's no fun.

Many ask for a "conclusion" and I may write one, perhaps not. I have tried that before but what I might do is somewhat more..well..gentle than some of you readers might do.

Thus any "conclusion" I may come up with would be what I would do, not what YOU would do.

What we have here is what happens so often in life. Two people, reasonably content, comfortable, even in love. One or both, in this case both, caught cold. The usual outcome is not good, all because of...the "Failure to Communicate."

Thanks,

MGM

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
requires a sequel

Yup, the non-ending needs another to complete the arc of this story.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 12 years ago
Great story

Lots of real emotion and real-life situations. Keep it up

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
A JPB

ending. Oh, I know it is obvious? Right. Just what ending would YOU give it? I know what I would do, but htat is not the point. YOUR ending now is not an ending. YOu left out too much. Finish it.,

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

Interesting, but why have not they any children?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
loved story but need a follow up story now that she did cheat. but why???

great writng but it feels incomplete. why did she cheat after clearing up the misunderstanding. definitely needs a sequel..

MarvinSMarvinSover 12 years ago
Engrossing story

I loved it! Well, I did until she really was unfaithful at the end. Sorry, I had to lower my score because of the ending.

Well written story...and engrossing, of course.

AnotherClosetReaderAnotherClosetReaderover 12 years ago
re: Duna

Did you skip a few bits here and there? Like the bit about Bradley and Miranda, their son and daughter.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

@ Dear AnotherClosetReader I reread thar part, thank you, I jumped that little part, sometime I read quicklier as the story wants.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
INCOMPLETE

MYSTERY STORIES ARE NICE, BUT THIS NEEDS closure . hope there is a sequel

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Wouldn't nit be wonderful if Dorthy got AIDS from Jack now that Denver knows what a cheating whore she is, and dies a lonely, painful death.

x_JohnDoe_xx_JohnDoe_xover 12 years ago

Just goes to show stupid people do stupid things. And your characters, both of them have both done really stupid things. I would suggest writing part two where the wife gets served divorce papers when she gets home. And the soon to be ex-husband ends up with Sara that would be poetic justice. But that isn't your style is it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Magmaman

I read your comments on this story and how you see your characters in the stories you write.

I am a fan and do enjoy what you present...however, in this story you made some character references and my point being - if you do write a second chapter, and in this case - we hope you do, please remember that she has had fantasies and allowed fondling with Jack on more than one occasion. Also, Denver, believing all of her mysterious conduct and wrong conclusions (maybe) approached Jack and decked him...he didn't brawl, he just decked him, accused him and left so - he is not one to accept adultery and being as you so closely write with the closeness and parallels to real life, I doubt he would be forgiving. Even understanding the mis-communication leading up to her dalliance - I (we) believe he would walk away, hurt, sad and totally betrayed by a woman he totally loved.

As to the whore in the motel, he didn't remember how he got there. Well she took him there, got his money and attempted to service him. Drunk, good chance he didn't consumate anything - that is not in his character. On the other hand, Dorothy is quick to use an excuse, a justification to go after something she always fantasized about and what is the 'Old saying - be careful what you ask for and, we know, Jack is a player - she'll lose and sadly - Denver loses 25 years of his life and the betrayal of a woman he totally loved and trusted.

Scorched earth for the cheaters - not necessarily but reconciliation - No, very sad BUT, he has the tape recordings of her admissions to Sarah of her years of feelings for Jack and her determination to have sex with him.

Magmaman, we really would like to read an ending to this by your creativity just - Please, don't pull a 'Just Plain Bob and justify a reconciliation.

As always.......Thanks!

t_i_n_at_i_n_aover 12 years ago
on the edge

Ok, it's a good buildup of people making mistakes, but it would be nice to have some closure...maybe many closures!

02speedy02speedyover 12 years ago
????

I've read many of your fine stories and this is another one Magmaman but you can't leave us hanging here like this. Your not saying there is another chapter and I sure hope that their is! ! ! We have to have closure. Keep up the great writings!!!!!!!!

demantoiddemantoidover 12 years ago
Great story...thoroughly enjoyed it.

I loved your writing style...short staccato paragraphs and disciplined dialogue...made for a thrilling and delectable read. Thank you Magmaman. Also the dynamic of best friends and a woman has such excruciating tension potential and you exploited it beautifully. My one bete noir was I found his "accidental" cheating unnecessary as it provided a slightly juvenile justification for her inevitable infidelity. Better a purer Denver. But that is a minor Ish Kabbible quibble. I really relished the ending...quick and brutal...brilliant! Again I very much appreciate you sharing your storytelling talents with me, Magmaman.

magmamanmagmamanover 12 years agoAuthor
The last time I gave in and...

...wrote a sequel I think I got the lowest ratings for any story I ever posted.

But you DID ask..so OK.

Trust me when I say you will not expect how it turns out.

LoL

MGM

tastesgreattastesgreatover 12 years ago
Well I hope

it turns out better than this submission....

Thanks!

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
Communication was not the source of he problem.

I agree with Vulcan_in_Ohio. Dorothy was fishing for trouble and Jack is a player and has feelings for her. Now the party is being kept a secret, that's fair enough, But her actions, mysterious phone calls, coming home late, and her lame excuses to explain them are good reasons for Denver's suspicions to be aroused. Many stories have used this setup.

Up to this point there is no communication problem. Dorothy is hiding her playing with Jack (minor actions with a dangerous intent) and hiding the party plans. There is no desire nor reason to communicate on her part.

Now Denver "could" have confronted Dorothy but it's clear she is hiding something and he has no other proof. So he investigates. That's entirely reasonable. WTF is going on??? And surprise, Denver finds Jack and Dorothy together. If there hadn't been any suspicious phone calls or late arrivals and Denver had tripped over the meeting somehow, he probably would have asked outright what was up. But Dorothy had created a cloud of suspicion so Denver decides to mull it over a bit.

Now Jack and Dorothy are dancing and Jack has wandering hands. Denver explodes, gets drunk and sleeps with a woman, Dorothy discovers he was unfaithful and sleeps with Jack in revenge. All this happens very quickly, under emotional duress, and Dorothy and Denver don't even see each other.

So when is the communication supposed to happen? The time from Denver confirming the meeting to the time they reconnect after both cheating is very small. Denver was trying to figure out what to do and things blew up.

When Dorothy thinks she did nothing to deserve this, that is a self serving rationalization. She had kissed Jack on one occasion and he felt her up on another. SHE knows those things were wrong. Maybe if she wasn't angling to allow Jack more liberties she wouldn't have let him get too free with his hands. Also, Denver clearly accused Jack and Dorothy of screwing around. So Dorothy is hanging around at Jack's place. Really? The two of them are brain dead??? That's throwing gasoline on a fire.

It certainly ended up an undeserved mess. But I don't see where there was an opportunity for communication that was overlooked or unreasonably rejected. If he had stayed to talk after hitting Jack, maybe things could have been worked out. But he was angry with, he thought, pretty good justification. He had a normal angry reaction.

In the end, it was Dorothy's actions, some innocent and others not, that caused the problems.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
there is no lack of communication there is just a slut wanting to be had

to bad she wasnt a faithful wife. now she can be with the one she wanted but wont want her since he is a player. Thinking with their cunts gets em every time!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

of course a sequel is need, and a good divorce too.

FloridaryanFloridaryanover 12 years ago
Regardless It needs an Ending

This is your story finish it the way you want. Regardless of how many stars it recieves. It needs closure. Well written great read just finish it

dustydingodustydingoover 12 years ago
Enjoyed it

Well written, and I enjoyed your ending. Unlike some others I reckon you ended it well. That said, enough was left unsaid for a sequel. Look forward to your next offering.

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
The author admits...

that he is poking the readers with a stick to observe the reactions. I see that many are calling for closure in another chapter. I remember the last time this happened. In the next chapter he will probably use a knife to poke the readers with. I will have to check the comments first if he does produce a chapter two. I would like to think that I am smart enough not to let that happen again. :)

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 12 years ago
Sad really...

that two people could/would live together for years and not learn to communicate. Failure to communicate must be the second most common reason why marriages fail.

Well written. thank you.

m48gunnerm48gunnerover 12 years ago
Pretty Sad

But, whatever the lack of communication caused it did not cause a wife to decide to cheat with Jack, and apparently it had been premeditated for a couple of weeks...so consequences should happen. However, the story really needs another installation in order for us to see what happens when she is confronted by the evidence of her infidelity...also, is reconciliation possible, or do Jack and Dorothy get together and Denver moves on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Turned out someone did not know jack....and a rift between them that became a gap not to be bridged anymore.

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Good Read

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
i don't know about DENVER

but it is time to kick her and swizzle dick to the curb and set them in concrete. if he is man enough take names and kick asses yes plural. if he is a wimp dog then law suit is fitting but punishment befitting the crime $20.00 should do.

ginrunnerxginrunnerxover 12 years ago
Continue

I read this story and really enjoyed it, but you left it unfinished. I would like to see where you go with this , i think it would be a real kick to see how she tries to look him in the eyes and tells him that she hasten cheated on him and then have him show her the pics and the audio tapes of her telling her girlfriend about how wonderful it was to cheat on her husband, there are so many ways this story could go.....i gave it a 4, not one of the best but a damn good read....thank you for an excellent read...Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Enjoyed your story

I felt a bit like I was following Hansel and Gretel's bread crumbs. (Good work M).

Is it a birthday setup?

Is it cheating?

Birthday setup with crumbs of undecided cheating?

Husband attacks the assumed cheating.

Almost crossing the line cheating.

Jack's cock and slippery cunning plant the seed for the deed.

Denver suffers for the assumption, as do Jack and Dorothy for the perception.

Denver finds her with Jack again.

Denver goes off the deep end with a Hooker.

You know the rest!

All these predictable LW writing devises made for an enjoyable ride with some twists and unexpected twists.

I scanned down to find your responses, to see your reaction to the comments.

I am encouraged that you going on with this and equally impressed that it won't end the way we imagine.

Looking forward to it!

P.S. I don't see how, Dorothy telling Denver she has feelings of a sexual nature for Jack, would have helped in this story?

I wonder if Dorothy will wish she had a pair of red shoes by the end of this?

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Well thought out

This tale was sad, because it sounds like something that could so easily happen.

So close to real life.

And of course, nobody can win this one.

Thanks for your generous contribution

likeboblikebobover 12 years ago

Thanks for the story, much more interesting than some of your recent stuff.

SleeplessinMD3SleeplessinMD3over 12 years ago
Is it just one time or does Dorothy continue fucking Jack ? Sequel?

Jack clearly loves Dorothy because he could have fucked her the first time but he did not because he would be taking advantage of her. Dorothy will experience a much better lover and bigger cock with Jack so it is lust versus comfort. Sounds lik3 a good sequel is possible! Excellent story!

jiminabjiminabover 12 years ago
why

Why are there soo many comments about the story not being finidhed? I guess some people need to be led by the nose to the end of the story. But if you take that to the logical conclusion...there is never an end. I thought your ending was great and very novel. To slip in a third person to to create doubt was superb. After all I do have an imagination and can create any endings I want. Great story about three sad characters. Loved it and thanks for the write. Jim

magmamanmagmamanover 12 years agoAuthor
I did write one

It will likely post tomorrow. Usually I don't bother but my email box got full so why not?

The last person commenting though? They get what I was trying for,

Thanks,

MGM

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 12 years ago
It is hard to believe that she didn't cheat on him

What was she doing all of those times her husband saw her with Jack?

Now that she has actually cheated on him and he has the proof, what will he do?

A good story and I'll be watching for the next chaper.

Thanks for the read.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
ONCE THE THREAD BEGINS TO UN RAVEL

the spinning is unstoppable. TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Wow

This tale takes you all over the place. By the end however he drunk cheated with a whore and, surprise, she went to Jack's condo to play. This tale could end here. Had I read it sooner I would have said to just dump the now certified cheating wife but there is a ch. 2. Excellent.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
in the next one he takes her back

Take it to the bank.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
She is going to get screwed

In more ways than one...serves the slut right....women are such cock hungry whores...

krosis666krosis666almost 10 years ago
The usual

'Oh it's you I love, (even though I only ever fantasize about your best friend), and I have never cheated on you, (even though I regularly kiss your best friend, let him see me naked, and let him feel my bare tits, let him lick me out, and suck his cock, while telling him that I should have married him), really, honey, I never cheated'.

How does it take weeks of secret meetings in a guys bedroom to organize a surprise party. A few phone calls, 'Hey we're having a party', show up and yell 'surprise!'. Doesn't require taking hours off work, doesn't require secret rendezvous, doesn't require coming home late, breathless, and dashing into the shower, for weeks! Denver's instincts are right, she is a cheating slut, and divorce is the only answer if he has any dignity or self-respect.

krosis666krosis666almost 10 years ago
Also

Most of you, Mm included, seem to be confusing a failure to communicate, with a failure to be honest! Couples can, and do get by with very little communication, but NONE last when there is a lack of honesty, to your spouse, OR to yourself!

krosis666krosis666almost 10 years ago
Finally

Unlike everyone else here, I PLEAD with you to NOT write a follow up. Just don't do it, please! It will obviously end with Denver taking her back, all is forgiven, she did nothing wrong crap. Not forgetting the predictable and obligatory cliché of him going round and beating up the other guy. Denver will learn the error of his ways, blame himself, and there will be moronic explanation explaining how it really wasn't her fault for going round to fuck Jack, or she will un-fuck him, or something equally ridiculous. We are not children, (most of us aren't , anyway), we can end this one in our own imaginations. This story is finished, PLEASE LET THIS STORY ALONE, DON'T WRITE A SEQUEL.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
ITS HARD TO TALK WHEN ALL YOU DO IS ACCUSE

but the old adage about Smoke an Fire. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

this woman is just a clasic bitch! she whould have done it one way ore the ather and how can she even take the highground when she is so obviously wrong!

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Thoughts

“But I don't even trust myself when I am around you." – If HE doesn’t even trust himself, then SHE certainly shouldn’t!

Even if she’s not cheating she’s having inappropriate feelings for a man not her husband, she should break off contact immediately, and should probably tell her husband about Jack’s actions and comments.

While she doesn’t know it, Denver was drunk and didn’t know what he was doing; SHE’S sober and knows EXACTLY what she is doing!

And if she gave HALF a thought to how her actions, as innocent as they might have been, could have looked, she would have been more understanding of Denver's actions.

Tim413413Tim413413over 8 years ago
A very good story.

I am NOT looking forward to RAAC. The narrator seemed to be talking/thinking in a naïve way. I wonder if the author intended that. Needed more tags.

MullendersMullendersover 8 years ago

she maby did not sleep with him but she cheated on him 3 times all the same!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Whore

Dumb cheating cunt and asshole "friend".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
EVERYONE KNOWS THAT ONCE IS NEVER ENOUGH.

It's just the first fuck of many more until they stop or get caught. In any case, two things are lost because it's the end of a faithful marriage and the end of a true lifelong friendship.

4 stars. * * * *

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
UGH!!!!

...And that's where you end it???????

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 6 years ago
Whole lot of morons in this story...

In order of dumbassery:

Denver: don't care how much you love your wife, and how good a provider and life partner you are, if you cannot bother making sure, for a quarter of a century, that your woman is fully satisfy sexually, then you deserve everything that comes out of such a crack in your marriage. Fuck, it's not even hard to know when a woman climaxes, for chrissake! Furthermore, what kind of moron denies his wife from giving him a blowjob? Finally, what kind of simp hears from his wife that his supposed BFF made a move on her, kissing and groping, and told her HE LOVES HER... but remains friend with the bastard, 'cause, according to said wife, "he stopped us for your friendship? Hey, thanks for not cuckolding me, buddy... but how about YOU GO FUCK YOURSELF for still cupping a field on my bride!? The question isn't why did she cheated on you - it's why she took so long to do so.

Dorothy: regardless of Denver's shortcomings, it goes without saying that his wife's actions are still pretty despicable. Letting herself getting seduced by the Lothario that is her husband's best friend is unacceptable; not telling him at all, til way after he made his moves on her, that's unforgivable. In some ways, Dorothy is a victim of her naive upbringing, where she obviously learned little about the way of the flesh, and couldn't bother learning more... because she is married to a simp. She should have definitely voice her sexual issues with Denver - if those two actually did love each other, they would have tried to something about him being a 'minute man' a long time ago. Acting like a coward and not telling out loud your wants and needs is no way to, if you truly want to be in a loving and fulfilling marriage. Oh, another thing that you need to do, if you want a good marriage: DON'T FUCK YOUR HUSBAND'S BEST FRIEND. Goes without saying - well, should, but, the more you read LW stories, the more you realize you should spell it out to people...

Jack: Jack's a backstabbing asshole. Doesn't deserved Denver's friendship - that's pretty damn clear. But what kind of idiot actually forsaken marriage and family, only because he couldn't get the girl he THINKS he should be with? Yeah, sure - Denver's a simp, but Jack didn't really know that... if Dorothy's sexual needs were properly taken care of by her husband, then what was the plan here? Pine for her forever, without her even noticing you? Hell, I have no problem with a man deciding to remain single for his own sake, but doing it because THE ONE is with someone's else?... Reminder to those hopelessly, idiotic romantics: there's 3 billions chicks on this planet. So, if you lose one, there's a pretty decent chance you can find another, maybe one even better... But let's be real here: Jack just wanted to fuck Dorothy, so he used that line on her. It is what it is - players gotta plays... even if it fucks up their longest friendship.

As always, the smartest person, in this sort of tale, turns out to be the PI, watching the moronic circus taking center stage. It makes you wonder, once again, why anyone bother trying to get 'happily ever after'...

IndyOnIndyOnalmost 6 years ago
Another fine mess!

Just another page or even a half page to wrap things up and you would boost your score 1-2 points! It is frustrating to invest the time in a story and then have to imagine your own ending....*3* Could have been a *5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

This story was just a total fuck-up from the get-go. “Failure To Communicate” doesn’t even begin to address these people’s problems. I won’t rant any more, I’ll just say this: I did not enjoy this story, I didn’t like this story one little bit.

PaddyyddaPPaddyyddaPover 5 years ago
Should have included the conversation

Between them where she explains about the party.

You went from him accusing her at the party of fucking Jack, to him coming back, where she says nothing happened 'except that Jack licked me out, and I wish that he hadn't stopped'. He never asked about the lies, the phone calls, the kiss at the clinic, the hours spent at Jack's place. She never told him it was for the party. You wrote that he thought the party was their way of making fun of him.

That's a big conversation to omit from the story.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Now

Now, after talking, she just had to go to Jack. Just another lying, cheating bitch. Hope Denver burns them both.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
All their is...is bad news.....

No matter how you look at this story...it's a shitty ending..........

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 4 years ago
Crash and burn.

Another marriage bites the dust.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
When you work at it...some times bad thing happen.......

Their was a story here...but it died at the end.......just another shity end..........

BeauReadyBeauReadyalmost 3 years ago
Hilarious!!

All because an almost 50 yr old man didn't have the brains to figure out one plus one equals two...

It's one week before his big FIVE OH birthday. And he can't connect his wife meeting with her best friend and his best friend was to plan a surprise birthday party??!! That's gotta be the stupidest man on earth.

Anyway, it's also completely out of character for a 50 yr old man, after 25 yrs of marriage, to get that level of jealousy and physicality as to completely lose it at a birthday party and smash his best friend in the face. That simply would never happen. After 25 years of marriage, and at 50 yrs of age, who the hell gives a shit about some pawing, even cheating?! Most likely one or all of them are gonna be dead within the next 10 years, so live and let live.

Very poor story planning. Did you even story-board this, or get an editor to review?! Very doubtful. Which leaves the author a hack.

MormonJackMormonJackover 2 years ago

Great story, well done. But painful; just painful to see her cheat after it was all done.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyabout 1 year ago

She lied to him nearly constantly. Then pretty much decided to reconcile, only to go and cheat 2 weeks later? Nonsensical,then again most people are.

FaceForRadioFaceForRadio5 months ago

Was expecting more, then it ended. What is there is a pretty good story, just ends in midair.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES