All Comments on 'Fair Play'

by Grey Eagle 286

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Blind Love

Not a bad story, except you already posted it as "blind Love"

hansbwlhansbwlover 16 years ago
You

waste our time. One story, two titles, why?

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 16 years ago
still could not happen

What country are they in? No US hospital would permit a live eye donor, even if such an operation were possible.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 16 years ago
crap

If it requires a loving good kind considerate husband to re-enlist and go off to war to get his wife to wake up and stop seeing the other Men...

<br></br>

if the wife ONLY gets a clue that her husband MIGHT have a reason to be concerned after she talks to the other women in the office....

<br></br>

then there was No marriage to begin with and no reason to save this current train wreck of a marriage now

<br></br>

Typical wimp stuff from this author...

rooster1rooster1over 16 years ago
scam

rated it a 0 b/c it was the same story under a different title. Normaly I enjoy your tales & do reread many of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Not a New Story

I rated this as "00" as this is the same story titled "Blind Love" posted 11/13/07??

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
WTF?

If I want to read shit, I'll read the Quran. Next time, don't piss down our backs and tell us it's raining.

zed0zed0over 16 years ago
Trite!

Still trite second time around. If you're gonna change the title, I think you should change the story line also. Like maybe she really did cheat on him & then gave him her eye. At least it might "liven" things up a bit! Or better yet she could donate her "brown eye" so that when the bandages came off, every body would look at him and say; "Look! An ass-hole!" Then he could respond with "No I'm a WAR HERO! My wifes an ass-hole, so she donated me HERS!" ROFLMAO!!! (zed)

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
The little fiesty Asian

woman and the big Heart of Darkness white hunter hero, sure!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
It was okay

I thought the story was okay. I especially liked how you ended some of your sentences with "girl" which shows your character is probably white trash. I don't mean that in a bad way. I'm just commenting on how you captured that demographic by using that one word.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Worst Ever

This isn't even a story, or maybe I am awful dumb. To me this writing sucks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Fair Play?

I am not sure anything in this is fair or play. She was a slut, still is a slut, time doesnt change that. He went on with his life, got injured, and now is blind. She comes out of nowhere to offer to give up an eye for him, so she can blackmail him emotionally to take her back. Who would take her eye to use as a transplant for him? Oh, I know, the underground medical system that does many of things. Even if she wanted to donate the eye and did so, such transplants dont really work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
mistake?

It looks like a mistake was made. Maybe the author accidentally submitted the wrong story for this title. The description of Fair Play says "His wife has a thing about getting even". Blind Love doesn't seem like a wife getting even story which makes me think maybe there was a submission mistake?

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
also

also, the story tags for both "Blind Love" and "Fair Play" are different. It really looks like a mistake. I'm looking forward to seeing the real "Fair Play" story soon.

bornagainbornagainabout 16 years ago
Great Reading

I think Marty better keep his New eye on Mi Leee from now on and make sure she doesnt run off again.

Atlanta,Ga

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
love is blind?

he may have vision, but can he see ?

Scorpio44Scorpio44almost 16 years ago
A loving gesture...

As the recipient of a transplant from a friend (now brother) I can tell you it will alter both their lives forever. Great story. Who cares about the title?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Nah

I would never spend my life with a woman who has only one eye!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
fool me once

shame on you, twice, shame on me

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
In some respects, a nice story.

However, I could only give it 3*** because it is impossible to transplant an eye. You can transplant a cornea but it is not guaranteed successful so it would never be from a live donor. Recently there is some success with artificial corneas which along with a transplanted cornea can restore sight.

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
To bad they don't have a #0

So I gave it a #1.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
DITTO

1 *

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 10 years ago
Hmm - not sure what happened to my comment yesterday

I will cut this one short in case it shows up later -

1. Live donations happen all the time - lung, liver, kidney - they all impact the donor - kidney the most - but they are allowed - so disregard people who are ignorant of the facts.

2. It is a story ignore the tech limitations is their world a whole eye transplant works fine - get a grip.

3. The story was good and believable (in context) lot's of people volunteer organs - I am carrying one right now from a donor, had 4 people get the work ups to donate - wonderful people.

He really ought to forgive her now ROFL/.

Nice story thank you for sharing it -

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
WTF

WTF...Damn stupid ranting...and an idiot writer..eye operation and next day bandage remove!? Really stupid...you got no idea at all..

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
I GUESS THE BLIND MICE STORY IS WRONG

like a blind pig and the acorn, TK U MLJ LV NV

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17almost 8 years ago
Not Close To Realistic

The man I love and hope to marry is currently in the hospital. Six weeks ago he was in a terrible car crash. Among his many injuries, glass shards were embedded in both of his eyes. They did their best to remove the glass and stop the bleeding and staph infections. Just one week ago they removed the bandages. At this point all he can see is shapes and colors. Doctors do not seem to hold out much hope of him ever regaining vision in his left eye. And they expect him to be 'legally blind' in his right eye, never able to drive a car again. This story made me angry about the misinformation. Mi Lee was right. She and her Romeo are both to blame. Maybe Romeo should have to surrender one eye as well. Romeo's adulterous roaming eye cost a good man both of his!

redone6566redone6566over 7 years ago
dup story

Fair play and Blind love are the same story with different titles

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 6 years ago
Who's Billy?

Confusing story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
had possibilities

very stilted writing; amatureish. obvious ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
okay, it has meat

it has some neat lil' chunks of actual story. but it's missing a lot.

motivations, personalities, idk.

i don't like the woman or the man in it's current form. there's too little to go on. i don't believe her when she says she didn't cheat, but i do believe that she's desperately in love with that twist ending...that was a nice touch.

he seems way too easy going for a man on such a self destructive path. maybe he's elated to have her back, but he's too casual. he stared down some dark demons...they don't just vanish. and i still have no idea why this is called 'fair play' who got revenge? what was there to get revenge on? maybe a bible verse about "if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out" but the title confused me. if the wife didn't cheat, her only crime is the disrespect and allowing herself to be played...but not to the point of cheating...maybe emotional cheating?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
crazy story

this type of a transplantation goes without a living donor!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Very different for LW

Well executed and creative. Keep writing 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just OK for me

Would have preferred that she killed the lover boy that she left hubby for and hubby got the eyes from lover boy and she got jail time. And yes, the divorce goes through.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice story- the vitriol is hard to understand. Maybe commenters should try writing

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
Didn’t make a lot of sense

People don’t act like this. I find it difficult to enjoy reading when my bullshit detector is going off scale.

orion2bear2orion2bear2about 1 year ago

No dr would blind wife to give husband her eyes and no husband would be anything but horrified at her lose

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Rofl. Not! No doctor would participate in such an unethical donation. Balderdash. And why both. She could do one eye in this fictional story. And good luck with full eye transplants. Was this intended as comedy. And it isn't even clear exactly what happened before he left. She "chose" thr other guy? Did she say she wanted a divorce? Did he make an ultimatum that backfired? And yet she hadn't completed the cheating transaction, yet? Meh.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Not bad. But, authors please stop with the gratuitous use of the word "Girl".

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous