All Comments on 'Falling'

by onehitwanda

Sort by:
  • 78 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Only wished it was longer. Beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I swear this is my idea of heaven - having genuine hope that, when I check this wonderful website of ours in the morning, there just might be a new Wanda story that I get to start my day with.

I really like Izzy, and I like your change of perspective - having her story actually start with a healing process felt like an interesting and slightly unexpected change of pace that you, obviously, nailed. In this regard it reminds me a little of Cinnamon, probably still by the slimmest of margins my favorite story from you. And you doing your part for the representation of the bouldering community is really much appreciated...

Seriously, though: Thank your for writing, editing, and publishing this one for us! It is so nice to be able to appreciate your writing so regularly these days. I know that this stroke of luck is unlikely to last forever, but I'm really grateful for it while it does.

I should probably close this tab now and get to work, but I think I'll sit for a bit longer - gotta take these moment when you can get them, as you so regularly point out :)

SurlygitSurlygitabout 2 years ago

Perfect as always

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This was a lovely story. Thank you.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereabout 2 years ago

Oh Wanda. Always a good day to come here and see you have published another story. This one seemed strongly to echo Jetsam to me, maybe a touch of Sophie in there, then I wondered if all your stories (yes, I have favorites, no sadly I've not read them all) have the same gentle bent, or if since Snow Drops your pen has been a touch gentler, more concerned with the healing aspects. Anyway, well done. And thank you.

foxyfowlerfoxyfowlerabout 2 years ago

This is a brilliantly written story and hope we ear more about these two love birds as this has been a wonderful love story of two people who have been hurt and now these two ladies have a chance too be together forever and a very loving couple please write more soon about Bella and izzy soon please. Onehitwanda you could be one of these people. xx

silveraidersilveraiderabout 2 years ago

Beautiful story. Thoughtful build-up with your trade-mark dialogue and emotional core, and some very well written dramatic incidents. I thought the confrontation in the car park with the unknown man was unnervingly well written. But the developing relationship and need is the heart of this piece and that just makes it beautiful. I would have enjoyed spending more time with these characters.

SinteraSinteraabout 2 years ago

Nice keep it up! I look forward to reading more from you.

ArediaArediaabout 2 years ago

Just ... wow. What a great story! I love your intimate language - what they say when it's all just the two of them ... Thank-you.

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonabout 2 years ago

Outstanding! Your ability to write dialogue that feels natural and real is unequalled.

XactoXactoabout 2 years ago

That was absolutely lovely! You’ve managed to create a tangled plot for your characters AND get them to a satisfying conclusion. Thank you. ❤️

jackie_emjackie_emabout 2 years ago

Great story and interesting characters. I love the way you developed it and the journey Bella and Izzy took.

uga2001uga2001about 2 years ago

I love the story. It was nice to see the girls relationship grow from friendship to lovers.

chick2206chick2206about 2 years ago

soft romance, i don't feel it but that's me problem. The character build up was great and it was an immersive read

MigbirdMigbirdabout 2 years ago

Believable, 3-dimensional characters are a hallmark of your fine writing — Jetsam, Sketching Sophie, On the Simplicity of Words to name but three. As you say at the onset, the characters took on a life of their own and pulled along your storyline. Well, likewise for this reader — could not put down their journey. Characters and their dialogue — sometimes tender, sometimes poignant and sometimes quite humorous. “Poisson ourselves without poisoning ourselves" — seriously, fantastically over the top play on words that even your characters rolled their eyes. Loved it. Thinking about your Biography and judging movies by opening few minutes or a book by a randomly opened page, the opening paragraph captures perfectly the mood/feeling of one of our protagonists: “… I shivered as I walked under a downdraft from the building's air-conditioning system.” And I suspect you could turn to any page and find emotionally real dialogue that would make you want to go back or read forward. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very satisfying and beautiful story ( male here). Id love it if you would consider writing perhaps the lead up and move to France with a win in lottery or similar?x keep up amazing writing. X c

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Lovely lovely story. 🙏🙏

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusabout 2 years ago

Another 5-star contribution. A beautiful story beautifully designed and executed by an astute observer of the human condition. Bravo! and many thanks.

ThebiffThebiffabout 2 years ago

Fabulous story with great characters

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This needs a part 2. It was wonderful!!!

ender2k2kender2k2kabout 2 years ago

Another perfect little gem. Thanks

ca_daveca_daveabout 2 years ago

Thank you Wanda for another wonderful story. I agree this needs another chapter it just seems to end well before their story is told. 5 stars and please consider doing another story with these 2 ladies.

FandeborisFandeborisabout 2 years ago

You did it again. Another finely crafted story. You took two broken women and made one loving couple. The build-up was perfect, the sex was a little comical. When those two get healed, it will be Katy bar the door. This was been an excellent story and as usual you have come through in spades.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You're a gifted writer. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Welp. Wow.

Object lessons in how to behave, how not to behave, what rage and jealousy can't do, and what love does. Just what you won't find in Sunday School, and just what Sunday School needs.

Odd, that.

CreepyDragonCreepyDragonabout 2 years ago

You write the most beautiful stories. Thank you for sharing your talent.

LaRascasseLaRascasseabout 2 years ago

Very well written. Incredibly emotional. I especially liked the last third of the story where you slowly reveal the abuse Bella had been through and she didn’t even realise it had been abuse.

Your stories tease the start of a relationship between two damaged souls slowly coming together. The pacing, dialogue and emotions are always top notch.

PickFictionPickFictionabout 2 years ago

What an exquisitely thought-out and crafted story. I planned to begin with one or two pages and finish later. Instead, I couldn't stop until the finish. You have a fascinating way of simple? but cleverly complicated writing that grabs hold and won't let go. Thanks for sharing it.

deepred53deepred53about 2 years ago

Another wonderful story from your “pen.” Thank you!

paulyepspaulyepsabout 2 years ago

I love your work .. when your name pops up in my daily search I always smile and I’m never disappointed.. thanks for this story .. I’m just sorry it’s over .. thanks !!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved it. Sister Emma nailed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Did I get the sense that she had been abused as a child also? Was this your intent and if so, perhaps you could have fluffed it out a bit more?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Brilliant story, well written, full of emotion - really well told. Look forward to your next one.

NeshalinNeshalinabout 2 years ago

So good. Great pacing on this emotional journey. Loved to see some pan representation too.

JEANMR1JEANMR1about 2 years ago

Thank you for another wonderful story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like all your stories (at least those I've read and that's at least dozen of them) have an underlying and almost palpable feeling of deep sadness and loneliness within and no amount of happy endings can alleviate my melancholy after reading them. Of course, I do appreciate them - stories AND happy endings; everyone needs happy endings. =)

You have a beautiful mind and you are so deliciously eloquent and have such a way with words that I even find it a little bit enticing having to google a word or two while reading about all these wonderful characters in your mind. And that is saying a lot coming from non-English speaker which usually finds that very frustrating. =D

shayneoneshayneoneabout 2 years ago

well done look forward to many more best wishes be happy well and safe shayne

gunmakergunmakerabout 2 years ago

Very touching. A wonderful beginning to another chapter in a life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonderfully human and believable protagonist and her lover. I wish them the best sort of nurturing relationship.

As an old straight guy who likes your work, this is very romantic, but not particularly erotic, having to do with my own limitations in placing my male self in the protagonist's skin.

This fits the high standard you set for your writing.

Please, more.

RobjustRobRobjustRobabout 2 years ago

Fantastic story. Far to many have to go through the pain of trying until they find the one for them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

damn you have some seriously fine writing skills. i teared up at one point. so realistic in their conversations and great development of character in such a short story, as many others have pointed out i would enjoy reading further about these 2 very enjoyable, though a bit damaged, characters. plot and story most entertaining. i am very impressed by your obvious skill with the written word. i guess i better read some more of your work, sincerly TIM

okami1061okami1061about 2 years ago

Another 25K masterpiece.

Seriously … publish professionally. The rest of the world has a right to read these stories.

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94about 2 years ago

So truly gifted are the hands and heart that crafted this work of art. So many forget the deepest scars aren't those that can be seen. Thank you for this. I can only dream of finding my light in the dark.

kathy2012kathy2012about 2 years ago

Very well done! Great character development and story line! Very hot sex! I got so turned on!

Best regards,

Kathy

teekjayteekjayabout 2 years ago

You have a magnificent gift. Thank you for sharing it with us.

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 2 years ago

There is a wistfulness and a delicacy of touch about the writing in this story that just takes my breath away, it’s one of those “Salieri” moments, where you suddenly realise the difference between “competent” and “Gifted”. Many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 2 years ago

Another story I am left speechless by, I agree with others, you could seriously write professionally , I read a lot of romance written by some of the best, this is its own unique writing, wow. Your characters are such that the reader becomes emotionally invested in them, you feel with them and for them and that isn't easy.

MarshallaMarshallaalmost 2 years ago
It's great to come back ...

... and see new works from you again.

And, as usual, they do not disappoint.

Fantastic story, well written and well received.

With my thanks, 5 Stars and an instant favorite.

sarah4gurlzsarah4gurlzalmost 2 years ago

Wanda you truly are a mistress of your art!

RileyworksRileyworksalmost 2 years ago

Thank you for the gift of getting to know these broken, beautiful people. I barely know them yet I love them. I hope that your real life is as rich and ultimately as wonderful and fulfilled as I feel right now. Blessings to you.

Lions86Lions86almost 2 years ago

First i wanna start by saying i loved this story. It was a beautiful story of two women who were broken in different but similar ways and helped each other heal. I do think there are a ton of unanswered questions though. Bella started talking about her dad and then just stopped and said not right now and unless i missed it she never got around to talking about that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Almost breathless after finishing this, such a moving and beautiful story. As one of the other comments says you could surely do this professionally. Thank you that you give so much pleasure to so many.

AquariusgirlAquariusgirlalmost 2 years ago

This is the to second of your stories I've read today, wow! This is another beautiful over. Thank you :) xx

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

I loved it. As an 82 yo man discovering love with a wonderful 59 yo Chinese woman I am feeling complete for the first time in my life and we still haven't physically met yet, but, covid permitting, hope to do so very soon.

As I commented on Autumn, you are a very gifted writer. You write so well about love and loss, but also write about physical love beautifully when so often others make it crude and sordid and lacking in any love.

I want to read more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another fab story, God you're good at this.

So nice to read stuff set in the UK, in places I recognise the names of and can imagine the scenery.

Thanks you.

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

I have just read this again and can't find anything to add to my previous comment. Loved it all over again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What’s beautiful, tender story. I love how the relationship grows, and then reaches a superb crescendo.

striker24striker24over 1 year ago

This is too much...over the top in my opinion. Are they both bipolar perhaps?

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

"This is too much," you say? Do you not actually know any females? 😂

Though it doesn't reach the level of "Jetsam" this was very good. Even better on the 3rd reading.

A little more follow through would have tied it up nicely. Some excuse to move to the south of France and live in those olive orchards and climb the mountains ... together. I really wanted them both to "grow" a little more ... and not just survive.

Nice fake foreshadowing. Big mouth swore he'd be back. And yet, he never was. Not an error, by any means. False foreshadowing is definitely fair game, and it helps make the reader doubt other foreshadowings so the when real ones happen they have more punch.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 1 year ago

I've just reread it. Another touchingly lovely entry in your collected works.

S9808S9808over 1 year ago

this is the third storey of yours I have read and will have to read another as you have a way with words to extract, portray and paint emotions, situations and feelings that is so enjoyable.

Sorry striker24 get a life! You must be the typical male, no empathy or imagination!!

MaonaighMaonaighover 1 year ago

I don't know how the hell I missed this one but at least I've found it now. As always with your stories, it is five-star delightful. Wanda, you are one of the happy band of Literotica writers who can always be relied on not to let their readers down. Keep on with the good work.

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

Wow. Reading my comments from 2 months ago, I see that this is the 4th time I'm reading this.

As I said before, a sure measure of a first class story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Lovely. You have a real talent for telling a story, even without the sex. You manage to make your characters come alive, and get under their skin, and keep your readers enthralled to the very end, although somewhat sad that they come to an end.

R_GazinyaR_Gazinyaabout 1 year ago

Five stars seems inadequate. Please know Wanda, just how much your skill and effort is appreciated. Every one of your works feels like an undeserved gift.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very good.Very erotic too.

Hottdreams80720Hottdreams80720about 1 year ago

Very nice. I may be a man, but damn, you had me picturing the scenes. Imagining the people and feeling the conflict, the loss, the love. Thank you, Mike

jakepedjakepedabout 1 year ago

Hi. Lovely story l enjoyed it could be quiet believable it kept me interested until the end one of those where l couldn’t put it down thanks. Just reading your bio l know your location it’s a lovely place nice and peaceful been there many year’s ago. Peter xx

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai64310 months ago

Your writing style is so good, the scenarios so real and the characters believable!

You writing brings life to the tales and makes them so enjoyable!

Thank you!

xtrail65xtrail6510 months ago

Perfect as always

GoferincGoferinc9 months ago

I’m a very old heterosexual guy, but … actually forget that “but”…. I loved your writing and characterisation. It felt true. I’m also - bizarrely- jealous, of two women finding such wonderful physical and emotional connection. I’ve always preferred the company of women. Not sure what that says about me…Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A fantastic story. Five stars!

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy6 months ago

Another magical tale …. We ALL searching for love or the love or the soulmate , for happiness and we are so helpless keeping it close to us LOVE ….. and yeah those Peculiarities, characteristics , rooted into us from the early beginnings, which are making us unique, but hard to get to for others , are so f….g disturbing ….. unconditionally love it should be but expectations breaking the path we are walking on

This tale was lovely 💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝✨☘️

Brentfordlad69Brentfordlad695 months ago

Lovely story. Thank you for sharing it.

One of my stories has a Freja involved though she was a much nicer person, than the one depicted here.

FlamethrowFlamethrow3 months ago

I'm slowly going back over your stories and find myself drawn totally into the world you create in each one, with such wonderful characters and genuine emotions.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

You make a story come alive with such feeling I can’t wait to read more.

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaabout 2 months ago

Beautiful story... Loved the ending

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

Falling.... Wonderful story. As in "Walking with Sam" you've developed your characters individually and then blended them into a wonderfully complex mosaic story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useronehitwanda@onehitwanda
Profligate reader, harsh critic, published author, lingu(istic)ally deft, Daughter of Coldharbour, hopeless Arcane fangirl, wielder of the sword of Damoclites. Occasionally muffled but never decaffeinated. I've always loved the blurry line between realism and fantasy, hen...