All Comments on 'February Sucks - For Them'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 309 Comments
blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 3 years ago

Nice! Always count on LTW to provide quality entertainment. Five stars, of course. Thanks for writing. Randi.

appaloosa1453appaloosa1453over 3 years ago

not bad my only complaint was the ending was too short and tidy

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 3 years ago
Always look for Laptop stories!

Nice job with this story bringing it to its only logical conclusion, which is divorce. Thanks for the work in giving us readers something worth reading!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Exemplary

That was LTW schooling almost everyone on here.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
5***** all the way!

The original and the sequels have all pushed my buttons like few other things and only recently I realized why. There was a time when I was Jim. With everyone writing their version of the story, I have thought about giving it a try. Now I can put that idea away because I can't do better than this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Far and away the best of the alternate takes

Very well done! This is a more realistic take than the original, though still not as compelling or involving as GA's magnificent story. Your Jim handles the situation in a very believable fashion.

I'd like to give it 5*, and it would merit that as a standalone effort, but 4* only because of the shadow cast by GA. In comparison with any of the other follow ups, though, you deserve 1,000*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
To many versions of the same tried and failed story line

On what planet would a loving wife who had a evening planed out with her husband and reserved a hotel room .just dance and plan a night of sex with some football player and leave her husband hanging. with 2 kids no less. Did he drug her.no. Did he rape her no. Was she so drunk she couldn’t think straight ..no no no. Why so many writers took this weak plot of a story on is beyond reality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Solid story

Your version is the first one that I have enjoyed and probably the closest to how I wanted to see the story play out after reading the original.

Thank you. 5 stars

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago
The WINNER!

A lot more detailed set-up of how much they loved each other ... before! A bit longer but it all fit together ... like the two teammates who were not really wingmen. Other winners include the dress photo and the maid, the night manager and the club owner, and the drone!

I am glad JPB wrote the very brief flash (yeah, redundant) that I thought would be a great caboose, but this was master-class ... which is not a surprise!

5* [ +1* extra credit added to the next sub-5* I think you’ve written (if ever!)]

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 3 years ago

Eh, not one of your better ones. Lackluster, boring and mechanical.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
this was a 1000 times better than the original

but why get to shakes off a monkeys nuts about what Linda fells.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

No more February!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Probably the Most Realistic Alternate Version

Did either set of grandparents get involved?

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

I liked your version of Jim's no-nonsense approach towards Linda obliterating their marriage. Cutting her off before all the excuses started and making her see there was absolutely no chance of him ever getting past it was an interesting way of handling her infidelity.

Marc dropping the friendly veneer and revealing himself as a cruel asshole was a new twist. Linda didn't even get to enjoy the one night stand because he ruined it for her. The payback on him seemed a bit mild, but I suppose a vain pro athlete would be devastated to be hated by the public.

One of the better versions of this torturous tale!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Vastly better than GA's dreck

The original story can't be completely fixed because of the way in which GA writes Linda; it was so inconsistent that the patented LW Martian Slut Ray is the only explanation for her behavior with Marc. Dispensing with turning Jim into a cring-worthy cuck and leaving the idiotic and implausible characters of "LW" and "Ellen" out of the story also vastly improves it. Bravo.

The only plausible reason that the score on this isn't higher is that some readers are getting "February Sucks" fatigue.

KoxokKoxokover 3 years ago

****

Liked this rendition. Jim did what he could with the situation he was in. It wouldn't solve anything, but he should have stuck it to Linda by telling her that she threw it all away for a guy when she wasn't even his first choice.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readover 3 years ago
5* best of the sequels in my opinion

The best of the sequels I think. I like the money & marketing, I understood GA's RAAC but couldn't get past her disrespect. The next best was him dragging her back to the bar, but so many are out there - they blur somewhat. This on however is right on point.

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years ago
Didn't Feel This One

Having read a few of these, I think this was the first one I felt at the end there is a potential for them to reconcile. It seemed like there were no negative emotions there anymore and as they say "time heals all wounds."

Usually a huge fan of all your writings, but this one didn't do it for me. Didn't feel the emotions, seemed more like a quick epilogue put together. I haven't read any of the recent continuations of February Sucks as it's gotten old, but I saw your name attached to it, and I'm like this is going to be great. I'm sorry to say it wasn't. So, I'm not going to rate it, because you're too good of a writer for me to give you a score less than a 5.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 3 years ago

Simply the best February Sucks version.

Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Finally

Somebody finally got it!

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 3 years ago

You are one of my favorite writers, and this story confirms my belief. Unlike GA's original, no RAAC, and no BTB either. No over-the-top retribution against either Marc or Linda, but both got what they deserved in a realistic story line. Excellent writing.

gyjunkiegyjunkieover 3 years ago

One of the better versions of this series.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 3 years ago
Very good

Much, much better than the original. This one at least approached a realistic response from a husband with a healthy amount of self-respect. Anderson's men are always spineless wimps, incapable of standing up for themselves. I was happy to see this husband do what was best for him, after that breathtaking betrayal by his wife.

Well written and completely believable. Full marks. Thanks for posting.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

Great story. A bit short on the end. Also, you forgot about their families - Jim and Linda's parents and siblings - how would they react? I'd love it if Linda was a Daddy's girl and his reaction was to disown and disinherit her, and tell her his daughter died, and he had nothing to do with lying, cheating sluts.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Aw, your stories are usually way better than the source material for this. I guess at this point, every angle has already been explored, so you're already coming in with a disadvantage. Definitely one of the better retellings, but not much new ground covered.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 3 years ago
That

Was almost as bad as the original.

It would be nice if there was even a minimal attempt at making the characters realistic.

The wife was a caricature so were the friends and the husband not much better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You lost points at the ending

She gets the money but nothing for him

She was not a smoldering pile of crap (well she was, just not burnt enough)

At the start of the story you were in 5* territory but it faded hast at the end

Wh00sherWh00sherover 3 years ago

I keep reading these February sucks stories in growing disbelief. The whole idea seems absurd, but I read hope for a 'better' ending. Whilst I realise that kinda misses the point of this whole story, the 'oooh, he's famous, its just one night' premise doesn't sit well with me.

This was going well, but felt too rushed at the end.

I want to read the view from Jims ex friends, including the the emotional impact on them and Linda.

Not your best imo.

stev2244stev2244over 3 years ago

There have been some rather questionable February versions, but this one is among the best.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

This one actually is decent version and Samsung reasonable outcome. The husband Reaction is much better and much more forceful then any of the other stories But also realistic. Only this author Gets close to the ultimate question which is never answered in any of the Numerous versions of the George Anderson story.

This was supposed to be their special night together. The Wife did not take just one night to spend with the football Player.

she picked a special night that they had planned. Everyone is focused on the humiliation factor which of course is very big for the husband.

But the wife decided that her marriage was not more important then having sex with a football player. That's what she said when she made the decision to go with him and ignore her husband.

Every version of this story so far has ignored this key singular critical aspect of the story. I do not know why so many other people cannot understand this one critical point and why it is never brought up in any of these multiple versions of the George Anderson story.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Ah, yes! BTB and BTB — Burn the Bitch and Burn the Bastard.

Or is it BTBATB — Burn the Bitch and the Bastard.

Anywho... except for maybe JPBs .45cal revenge, the best of the lot. It fully uses GAs original premise of the Martian Slut Ray of Fame (MSROF), which was based in a real conversation he had several years prior with roughly 10 women, who all said, pretty much, that it could happen.

Someone else’s story also used social media, but it was really more an aside. This here used it as the Big Stick it can be.

Reminds me of a story in Mexico City from ~5-years back. A new restaurant was the Next Big Thing. One stipulation of the restaurant was EVERYBODY was first come first served, no matter who you were. Well, the daughter of a nearby Cartel don was trying to get in. “Do you know who my father is?!!!” And making a ruckus. Several cellphone cameras came out. And ~5minutes later her father calls up and says, “You’re making a scene. Wait your turn. You’re all over the internet.”

Very very good. Thanks. 5-stars & Favorite.

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747over 3 years ago

Of all the stories of Marc LaValliere stealing Linda from Jim, this one was best written, in dealing with retribution for an asshole jock who think their shit does not stink.

Bebop3Bebop3over 3 years ago

Probably my favorite iteration so far, Mr. Writer.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedover 3 years ago
Better version than most

This seems more realistic than several of the previous versions. The story flowed well until the end. I do not believe any pro team who had someone that unpopular would take two years to get rid of them with a nationally covered scandal behind them. Damage control would have come sooner by any team that wanted a supportive fan base, with the exception of teams whose ownership favor bowing down to their players on issues like respect for their flag and country.

PencarrowPencarrowover 3 years ago
TIME TO TURN OFF THE LAMP

Good story, but aren't they all when we have a previously loving wife who betrays her husband and her marriage in the cruelest way possible, an antagonist who is an irresistible chick-magnet and who has a cock as big as a small car and looks like Adonis, and a husband who devoted his life to his wife and family only to have it all turn to a smoking ruin.

OK, we get it, it's a great trope as old as the hills (or as old as Martian slut-rays have been around) but please, can we turn off the Marc LaValamp yet?

Thanks for yet another feel-good story that, like all the other versions, should really be in the Fantasy section (but I did still like it, honestly!)

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

Hahahaha! This is the "Groundhog Day" of Literotica!

GA has unleashed a mixed curse on us! I can't just pass these by!

ARRGGHH!!!

Robby_DRobby_Dover 3 years ago

One of the best of the ongoing February Sucks saga. I liked the way you had Jim deal with his "friends", and the way you exposed LaValliere's petty cruelty. A much better story than some of the short and angry ones, though JPB's had a nice visceral impact.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very good version, but

I would have filed a lawsuit against Marc for something.

Impo_64Impo_64over 3 years ago

One of the best endings for this story...No violence, but all payed the price...And as always the most harmed were the children...How could any judge made tem stay with a so unfit mother? Sure they coudn't read the papers, but soon at school the other children would be talking about their mother...4*

SouthdownSouthdownover 3 years ago
Close Pandora's box

This was a very good follow-up and a so much better story than the original, and I am not talking technical writing, JUST THE STORYLINE. I have called G.A.'s story a number of harsh and disrespectful names in various comments, and I meant them all. The original lacked balance, perspective and just a general sense of true storytelling. It was dryer and more cold than any technical manual or specification.... and after 40 years in that business I've seen some doozies! However, writers... I think this story is DONE

RePhilRePhilover 3 years ago
Not the best

Honestly not the best reproduction. At this point readers need only read the last paragraph of this redo story. Getting very boring now 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Weak

Of all the versions of this story, this one is the weakest. It felt flat to me and left questions unanswered. It went from a strong story to one that leaves the reader unsatisfied.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

This was one of the best of the many re-takes of the original story. But, like others, it really did not add anything to the original story. The story was an easy one. Wife does wrong, is punished and accepts the punishment, and life goes on. The husband's excessive cruelty is fodder for the BTB crowd, but the author completely ignores that his children will eventually read those stories and see the pictures. The author's failure to even think about his kids does not speak well of him.

It is much harder to write a story where the couple have to figure out why they did what they did and reach some conclusion. GA did that in the original story. No one has done a better job since.

By the way, there is no possibility that the couple "used the same lawyer," as the lawyer would be sanctioned for doing representing both sides of a divorce.

knoxhardknoxhardover 3 years ago
Pretty close to being realistic

I could see this. Almost. Not sure any tabloid would really care. Not unless it was Peyton Manning or Tom Brady who stole the wife for the night.

And the paparazzi hoard was a little harder to imagine in real life.

But a pretty good LW story that made it possible to suspend disbelief and ride along.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Will no one rid me of this turbulent February Sucks. Never thought I would paraphrase Henry II in regards to erotica but hey if it makes it go away so be it.

I take issue with this being a brilliant concept... the entire reason we have dozens of alternatives is because the original left people feeling angry and unsatisfied. If that's brilliant then there are thousands of brilliant stories on here. It really is a Martian slut ray story as pancarrow stated. What did Kalimaxos call it the whoreona virus? That Mark was a celebrity was never convincing. You could have swapped him with the good-looking neighbor with a big dick and the story would be the same. Hell, there are tons on here just like that. That this story is somehow special because Mark plays football? Please.

I am sorry laptopwriter, I really like you a ton. Little Bright Eyes was one of the best examples of romance after trauma that you can find on here. My comments weren't entirely directed at you, more the story in general and it's repeated appearance, kinda like herpes.. I rarely qualify my bitchy comments but I am making an exception.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I thought this version had a little more realistic version of what would happen in such a David vs Goliath situation. David can’t go Rambo on Goliath as Goliath would kick the crap out of him, plus David would likely go to jail since Mrs David went willingly with Goliath. So David had to use the available, legal recourse at his disposal.....scandal sheets and social media (which is, for all intents and purposes, electronic scandal sheets).

Yeah, the ending seemed a little forced, but the rest seemed good to me. It was certainly a unique take.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Best of the alternatives, accepting the flawed premise

I agree with the other commenters that this probably is the best of the alternatives, if we leave unaltered the basic facts of Linda leaving with Marc at the restaurant. It’s very well written and faithful to the characters as George Anderson painted them. That said, it’s still leaves us with a character who acts completely at odds with her personality as previously portrayed by the author. I guess we just have to chalk that up to the Martian slut ray.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 3 years ago
Another interesting take on this now classic Literotica Loving wives story

It was a realistic take, with no over-the-top BTB stuff which often detracts from a story.

5*, of course.

garne05garne05over 3 years ago
five stars but...

I liked the story, five stars, but I prefer the idea of ​​Kalimaxos (five stars too), there is a previous betrayal, in my view, be it Marc or other person; the most plausible story would be that she was finishing up an affair and trying the "magic night" to reconnect with Jim, but Marc appears ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
No one gets it

February will continue to suck in these stories until someone takes out the asshole permanently.

woodwardwoodwardover 3 years ago

This story is the best followup to the original. Really enjoyed it and it was the most realistic response by the husband. A sure 5.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 3 years ago
A good story, and an ok outcome...

...but we're beating a dead horse here. The plot and conflict has been done to death.

We all know the position Jim has found himself in. All of the retellings, cover pretty much every aspect as to possible outcome. Some good, like this one, some ok, some poor.

Despite my need for correcting justice, and despite my internal dissatisfaction with the original, it is still that one that truly gets into the psychology of the problem, and every story since (though some are enjoyable) had been a shallow reflection of the initial problem.

The difference in the first one, is that Jim had been a cut above as a father and husband. His actions, intent and feelings toward his family really made him a special man, and more importantly, an exemplary father. That one aspect meant that the relationship and family of the past was worth rescuing, even if it made him a cuckold.

Please... enough already. Why try and rewrite a story to make it fit better to your particular stance? Where are all the rewrites of justplainbob's stories where he had his protagonist become an apologist cuck? All would be better served in that circumstance... authors and audience.

Do me a favor, will you... the next author who decides to try this on?

Just make some basic changed to the characters and setting, and you will have a brand new, stand-alone story. In which case, the change in the outcome will not be so apparent, and so irrelevant.

This is beginning to take on the cult flavor that can be found around nici's delusional 'something to talk about'. That should have died much earlier (before the original submission), but had been given an elevated status and a much stronger cultural memory footprint than it ever, ever deserved.

Please let this die a natural death.

Besides, not one of you took up the challenge of destroying that fucking blue dress, that was such a symbol of the wife's character and image in the original, and which transformed into a symbol of failure and betrayal.

Just like the painting in 'Another Love', it should have seen destruction, a symbolic representation that her self image needed to be shattered too. But it's far too late for that.

No more, just let this story fade.

SleeperyJim, of you ever resurrect your conversations... where every story is unique, powerful and outstanding, you will have my undying gratitude. Originality, correctness and variety, all delivered in a succinct, thought provoking short format.

Good story, laptopwriter, but of little real value, aside from appeasing those of us who would never take her back.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 3 years ago
Uneven

You added so much rich texture to these characters in the front end, built up the tension beautifully, and then the aftermath is...two paragraphs of fairly rudimentary conversation between husband and wife, and a generic LW “I got remarried and she devoted her life to my memory” mop-up.

Just seems like a lot of care and work went into nurturing a conflict and an emotional journey that you had no interest in exploring.

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago
Just No

Stick to writing your own stories. You're way too good a writer than this. This bad story has been beaten to death and needs to be shot and put out of its misery.

mainer42mainer42over 3 years ago

Liked this version this most I think. Still please let sleeping dogs lie. Enough.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
It is indeed one of the best alternatives here.

I don't see why some readers would say GA's story sucks. It's a compelling story, the drama that ensued this uncomprehensible fact that a "loving" wife could abandon her husband just like that without regard to the one she claimed to love shortly before speaks for itself and that so many are inspred to write an alternative one is testimony that GA's story is one of the best. I suppose I'm not alone of this opinion given the number of alternatives posted here. Take Kalimaxos. He wrote a really very good story, but in my mind it missed the shock effect of GA's.

The build up with her previous cheating made it easier to understand and the further development in the 3rd part deserves 5* but the fact that we have read the same premises multiple times already takes away the "suspense" effect.

However, Laptopwriter did succeed to recreate most of these feelings again and this story is definitely worth 5* and even more. Still, the feeling remains that a truly loving wife, being sober, would never sneak out that club on the promise of a night of sex with a celebrity and not realize that it could cost her marriage. Maybe there had been something in the past …. who knows.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 3 years ago

Definitely the best. If mine wasn't complete I'd probably forget it, but it's done, so it'll be coming!

Harry, it wasn't just because it was a special night. As LTW brutally lays out. it was the casual destruction of the marriage for "just one night."

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 3 years ago

Top notch and 5*’s for a LW all-star author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not bad......

Shows what a really good writer can do.

Of course......taking a shot at the year’s most provocative story means being exposed to story fatigue in huge quantities 😎

As to the effort: it worked. I enjoyed it. Only real beef was that Linda did not suffer enough....and that was because you had Jim retain a good relationship with the bitch after everything....”they still did things as a family”. Barf!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 3 years ago
Something Lost (But) Something Gained In LW's Rewrite of George Anderson's Muse Friendly 'Cuckold for a Day' Theme

Something Lost : MIA in this redux was George Anderson's exceptional characterization of Linda in 2nd half of story. In the original that version of Linda had a heart of gold undercut by the belief she had a one of a kind, irreplaceable platinum pussy. Despite the narrator's rage at her adulterous ploy GA gave us a memorable foil who held infuriatingly fast to the belief that she had the "right stuff" over the course of a lifetime together to make things right for her humiliated hubby.

In laptopwriter's take, the dynamic tension of 2nd half of story was undercut by Narrator's demon of efficiency BTB Payback. Linda was brought to heel as soon as the dawn broke post adulterous tryst. The outcome was never in doubt. I'm as a big a fan as anyone in terms of people ultimately getting their karmic payback, but as a reader I enjoy the details of an energetic, closely contested struggle of wills and skills.

Something Gained : Kudos to laptopwriter for imaginative, temporary POV shift to Linda and Dee who were on the cusp of plotting Linda's sneak out the back alley door ploy. So many talented writers choose to tell the story from the duped individual, the mark. Watch classics like the Sopranos, The Wire or Silence of the Lambs. They give us Clarice Starling and also Hannibal Lector's POV and the story is richer for their daring.

I don't condone the deceitful ploy Dee and Linda plotted and pulled off in the nightclub but thanks to lw's brainchild perspective shift, I understand it better.

Ergo the obvious score

Full marks *****

rnebularrnebularover 3 years ago
Yep, slut ray

The infamous Martian Slut Ray was in play here for sure, but I have to say I think it's the best yet of this long running versioning of GA's concept. Thanks for the entertainment laptop writer, as always I will read anything you submit :)

Rnebular

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 3 years ago

I gave your story 5 stars. The story has been worked to death which makes it VERY difficult to write a decent version. You did a great job. You showed the husband's angst well. he did not just collapse but saw a way to get revenge.

I liked the 'one night' concept the way you explained it. No slowly falling in love but a deliberate "fuck it! I am horny and this is a once in a life time experience so I am going for it" screwing over the husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Trade

Where do you find a lesser team than the Bears?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why Read

Starsong if you hate the story that much, why read? It’s not like you don’t know what happened. There are only 4,371 versions of this story, so I would think you would get it by now. I happen to like “Martian Slut Ray” stories. They are so detached from reality, that they take me away from the real world, for a time. What has impressed me is that some of the best authors on this sight have written a version, and put their own spin on it. Laptopwriter, JPB, and others are really good authors and I appreciate that I can read their stuff for free.

technofrog2002technofrog2002over 3 years ago

Best Version

I think this version of the story is the best and most realistic. It’s worthy of 5 stars. I’ve followed you a long time and love all your stories.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Same version

More detail and a good level of revenge. It however still leaves a gaping hole in reversing the nasty taste I felt when I read the original.

GrimmerGrimmerover 3 years ago

Not the best but by far not the worst.

Left a few items hanging and the ending felt very “tacked on”.

Still I granted you a definite 4*.

Thx

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Three stars

This was probably a four star effort but poor George's story was been beaten to death and I'm tired of it. This story at least felt realistic. Having a wife disrespect you at that level definitely ends any marriage. The one thing I didn't agree with is that I think the Team trades Marc immediately. The fallout from that amount of negative publicity in today's media would really ruin a team in a hurry. Thanks for the effort but next time something new? Unless you want to put finishes on half of JPB's unfinished work. I'm down with that!

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfover 3 years ago
I give!

This was extremely well written. But please...enough already! This is getting a little ridiculous. I admit that it was a great STORY but good enough to spawn all these other versions? Please...you are all great writers, but your talents might be better used on new material. And enough with rehashing the same plot at the beginning! I'm officially done with this stiry.

hapmarriedhapmarriedover 3 years ago
Soften, or leave as gut punch?

This was a worthy retelling, as LW readers and writers continue to struggle with an incredibly heartbreaking situation. The strength of the plot is also its weakness: the improbability of the instant snapping of an otherwise perfect wife. I’m disinclined to write my own version, but I offer two possibilities for a grayer situation. In one, there’s foreshadowing that the husband is a little more into his wife than she is into him, so there’s already a crack in the relationship that the husband hasn’t seen. Or, she slips out for a quick talk, or smoke, with Marc and stupidly gives in to a stolen kiss or some making out and gets caught. That said, I like the stark black-and-white gut punch of the original telling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
As Much As I Liked This

(I know, another anonymous critic). The slut ray thing always gets us. This is such a great retelling of the story, but we're left with this underlying assumption that a slut ray exists - that a well-adjusted, moral person can get overpowered by some other person's Amazing Sexiness. laptopwriter is among the best here, and does such a good job showing the brokenness in their other stories ("I Was Gonna Learn to Fly" probably ought to be a 5.00). Cheating isn't really ever about the Sex Appeal of the person they fall for, though the concept is as tempting as a demon from hell in a Halloween story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I agree with the comments about you good work

I have enjoyed your stories very much. The comment about the best ever story "Little Bright Eyes" prompted my to find it as I missed it somehow. It is absolutely the best story I have ever read on LW.

I think you have tied the knot on the February Sucks series.

Thank you very much.

Anoymous because LW can't get my "membership" right.

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleover 3 years ago

Been there done that. To death.

Enough.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Extremely well written as usual yet just as fundamental FLAWED as the original. I expected better than this from you. The "perfect loving wife" depicted in the whole first part of the story would NEVER run off with Marc like she did in GA and your version. Wouldn't happen - period. If you want to read an excellent version that is believable, read Kalimaxos' version. His prologue explains clearly what was wrong with GAs original. Well written, yes, but off the wall break down of the characters and plot. Still giving it 4* because of the effort...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Was better than some

But why hide her name? They really had all the facts and were reporting. I understand a drone taking photos inside the house from a skylight is invasion of privacy, no? But not outing her does nothing. And why would they do things as a family? I still wouldn't want to be with her at all.

greenman440greenman440over 3 years ago
I promised myself

I wouldn't read anymore versions of this story, however your track record as an author persuaded me to read this. Sorry to say it's pretty disappointing, effectively it's largely the original story just fleshed out a bit. I generously stretched to 3*

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 3 years ago

A great version. Thanks.

Hooked

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 3 years ago

Yes, good job on your take on the original story. But, enough is enough. Speaking for myself, I will not open another story that has a similar tale on the original story. That horse has left the barn.

terraknorterraknorover 3 years ago

What really struck me in this version was the depiction of Jim, after 10 years of marriage to a woman who has borne him two children, still pursuing his wife as if they were just starting their relationship. He actively pursues and shows interest in her. They are still lovers. She teases him to no end with the dress and with the promise of what their time in the hotel will be, only to piss all over it because some celebrity approaches her. I can't figure out how that character hasn't already cheated on him. I just don't trust that she hasn't, even though the story leads one to believe otherwise. LTW laid it out so well in the section where Jim explains the circumstances he could get over and why what she did was so much worse. Such a good job of laying that out such that Linda has no choice but to understand and accept that Jim is done with her as his trusted wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Crap.

More crappy then the other crapper ones . But crap is still just crap . It's crap, but not the crappiest crap one

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Well written, close to a good ending, a rushed ending but not a fully satisfying ending.

Linda got the house and the kids, a fifty fifty divorce, alimony and a still reasonable family life afterwards.

She got off lightly for her infidelity. He was punished.

You know what is expected here.

So, 3/5 for effort, 0/5 for a plot that did not far enough.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
NOPE!

What a load of crap! His slut wife and her lover and friends get away Scott free?

Dunny69Dunny69over 3 years ago

Started slow built up started to get good heading into btb country and then ........ poof fizzle pop it limped home without justice, revenge, or ny serious consequences to the pair. The end seemed rushed like you got bored with it, shame really as it did promiee more.

mattenwmattenwover 3 years ago

A story told excellently and with credible actions. But the end no longer does justice to the rest! Just a few sentences and that's it. No opportunities to actively take action against the wifestealer? No public lawsuit against him or his club? I also miss out on the effects on my former friends. I just want to express that for me the end is just too fast compared to the rest! Still an excellent story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Bullies like the asshole depicted in this story are bullies for one reason, . . .

they enjoy it. They enjoy being the instrument of pain, they enjoy being dominant, they enjoy feeling power and majesty over others. And the only way to stop a bully is to end his enjoyment of being a bully.

JPB gave the most direct and effective illustration of how to stop the bully from enjoying his lifestyle. All the other authors wasted a lot of time and maneuvers and complex scenarios of revenge and payback, but only JPB stopped the bully quickly, and permanently. That's what it takes. That's what its always taken, and it always works. Ask the residents of Skidmore, MO.

This was a pretty cut and dried version. She fucked over her husband, he divorced her, they both live in regret. Her sudden betrayal makes no sense, which is probably one of the main components of the plot's drama. Some authors have attempted to pose that her choice was actually the culmination of other factors, or a prior relationship. That makes more sense, but somehow does not bring closure to the question, What kind of wife would do that to her husband?

Thankfully, the vast majority of husbands will never know.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I think that even George is getting a bit worn out by all the February stories. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery he should feel flattered to death! Still, yours was a very good story. I enjoy your writing - look forward to more!

Rocket081960Rocket081960over 3 years ago

The best version of all the follow on stories. I enjoyed it much more than the original.

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago
loved it, 5 star

there was a typo here and there but overall, excellent writing. nicely done on story details. loved the simple and straight forward resolution.

I was a bit disappointed with the last 2 paragraphs, only because I wanted more. I'm a sucker for a nice romantic story.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
That's that then

Quality story telling always outs. I know we are all bored with FS stories but now we have read the most sensible and logical conclusion (although tbh most of us prefer JPB's but it's a fantasy without jail time) that has to be the end of them....surely? Thank you ltw great job as always.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Better . . . but enough is enough

This has been one of the better versions and it was more realistic. There were a couple of incidental things that jarred a little, like putting a bottle of Port wine in an ice bucket and flutes to drink it in??? Not the proper way, also I agree with another comment that the sports team would have dumped him immediately, especially when the hotel and night club cut him off, that would have made the revenge satisfaction a bit higher for poor Jim. But please all other writers, leave poor Jim in peace and let the story finish. Well done George Anderson for writing such a story that enables so many others to have to follow up . . a compliment on its own :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Everything you need to know about Linda in two sentences.

I've never cheated on Jim before, but this is Marc LaValliere. I'll never ever get an opportunity like this again. What married person goes around looking for "opportunities"?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
just don't read them

For those of you who are sick and tired of "February Sucks" and its progeny, you have an easy solution. Just don't read them! You have no right to tell people to stop writing their variations, if the spirit so moves them. Stop being so self-centered thinking the world revolves around you and what YOU want.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Enough Already!

GA wrote a fine story, tied up all the loose ends and did a great job of writing. All of these clones are simply reprints of the original story with the names changed to protect the mundane.

This story simply isn't worth your time--you've already read it...

GhostdogginGhostdogginover 3 years ago
Screw getting traded two years later.

All his endorsement deals dried up immediately after the story. Before training camp starts up his agent calls with the bad news, the team was dropping him and sueing for breach of contract due to morals clause. His agent tryed to shop him around for months with no luck and finally lands him a spot on the worst team in the league. Only he isnt signing a contract he will be a free agent. He accepts because the law suit will damn near bankrupt him. Fall comes around and as he steps out on the field against his former team in the first preseason game his home stadium erupts into boos, jeers, and slandering comments. His anger continues to mount as they step up to the line of scrimmage. He looks up and lined up against him is the two former teammates from that fateful night. See they hadnt gotten over the fallout they and the team suffered from what Marc's stunt has caused. Neither had the rest of the team, coaches, and more importantly the defensive Captain. The ball was snapped and a defensive hole opened up right in front of him. The two large men were really only aiming for his legs as they closed the distance to him on either side. They didnt foresee Marc panicking and dropping to his knees as they hit him from both side off center from one another. All you heard was a loud crash then bones snapping. Screw playing, Marc Lavalliere would never walk or feel anything below his waist ever again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
GREAT STORY laptopwriter .... but ....

It DOES NOT change the fact that Linda is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) CUNT and WHORE to ever appear in the Literotica!

She is "Despicable"!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Maybe the best ...

This may have been the best of the rewrites. Your argument about “just one night” seemed exactly right. Thanks.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

Hmmm. Going to have to give you full marks for this one.

Despite the almost unbelievable premise of a woman being that fucking brain dead, you nailed the emotions and reactions of a more normal man than GA can even approach. Even though I respect GA's writing talent, he absolutely lacks a grasp of actual human emotions and reactions to horrendous treatment.

I had to suspend a little disbelief that so many things broke the MC's way but it was worth it to read about a human man.

Wish this one was longer and more fleshed out because it was well as explored but too short to do explore enough of the facets presented.

Best one yet that is this fleshed out.

skruff101skruff101over 3 years ago

At last, at fucking last, Jim’s response was more realistic and therefore much more satisfying, no waiting around for the bullshit she would undoubtedly espouse, his immediate and decisive actions showed him to have a spine and a set of standards he wasn’t willing to compromise.

Anyone else realise this is the first story we didn’t have to endure the lengthy and pointless conversations that would lead nowhere. He went home packed and left as any right minded person would do.

1 case of adultery equals 1 case of divorce, as it always should be.

Now we have the definitive ending can we please stop this insanity.

As they say in all the best divorces ‘Let’s just move on’

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 3 years ago

On 9/11 GA wrote the original, so far counting today there have been 26 stories. Yes, I agree that this is most likely the best , I guess having 3 months to write it helped.

For those out there calling for an end to this tale, you should realize this is like Willy Wonka's Everlasting Gobstopper. Everyone should write their own version, and help make this story go down in history just like 'How High a Price'.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous