All Comments on 'Fibonacci's Window'

by BlackShanglan

Sort by:
  • 60 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
THIS is an "E"?

I guess it really doesn't mean a lot, does it?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Very Interesting

This is the type of story you can read any way you want: beginning to end; end to beginning; front to back; back to front; and sideways to sideways. However, it can be very disconcerting.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
What a crock of shit!!

That was the biggest load of shit I have ever read, why the hell would you waste your time even typing that crap. Congratulations you are the biggest LOSER!

BoofyboydBoofyboydabout 18 years ago
Amazing- very touching

This is a very sweet story, chock full of empathy and insight. This is the first story I read where I actually cared about the protagonists. Nice head job too.

I hope you get over your laziness and get back to the terminal to write more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
ummm

This is either brilliant or crap but I can't tell. All I know is that it doesn't make a tiny bit of sense to me.

absoluterotterabsoluterotterabout 18 years ago
Not sure what to make of this........

I enjoyed reading this - original, entertaining, short enough to hold my attention, but not erotic (to me anyway). I'm glad I bothered to read it, but then didn't know quite how to rate it, hence the middling mark (fuck, two and a half out of five, 50%, not good, not bad, 50 wasted cents out of 100, 18 letter e's in this sentence).Would have been twenty one if I'd written eighteen instead of 18, but then the statement would have been wrong. Is there a number that works in the sentence?

Good effort BlackShanglan, thanks.

rgraham666rgraham666about 18 years ago
I liked this a lot

A fine look into the mind of an obsessive.

And how a thing as simple as love overcomes that obsession.

I especially liked the progression. At the beginning, numbers, nothing but numbers. At the end, the numbers are gone.

A very original piece of work.

Well done, Shang!

dewychikdewychikabout 18 years ago
Numbers are soooo sexy

Obsession, counting, what's not to like?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
this is stupid

REALLY stupid

LadyFalconLadyFalconabout 18 years ago
Interesting perspective.

I am assuming the male character has autisim. I am sorry to say I've never thought about how difficult it would be to have any relationship when you don't fall with in society's norm. I liked getting a peek into this world. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Totally golden

Can I rank this 61803?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Amazing!

I don't know how others will receive this, but I found it an amazing read! You're to be congratulated on an unique approach. The story style fits the protgonist very nicely. I, for one, look forward to more of your writing ...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
uhhh

this is the most confusin story i had eva read!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Really good

Very unusual, it's always interesting to see life from inside someone different to most of us, and your writing does that.

LiarLiarabout 18 years ago
Obsessing compulsive erotica?

Huh, who woulda thunk? Well, I loved it, at least. But I'm glad you didn't make this a multi page epic, or I would have gone nuts. :)

LadyCibelleLadyCibelleabout 18 years ago
Too intelligent

You're too intelligent for your own good Shang...that's why you've got people pissing on your story.

You need, at least, half a brain to understand the depth of the humour you've demonstrated in this story.

That's only the second one of yours I read but if they're all as good as this one you've just got yourself a new fan in me my friend.

FallingToFlyFallingToFlyabout 18 years ago
OMG!!

They're flaming THIS?

WTEFH??

Okay... well, obviously they don't have the brains the gods gave my cat... then again, neither do I - but I still loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Truly amazing, Shang.

To understand this story the reader must pay adequate attention and possess the ability to place themselves inside the mind of the main character.

It's a very sweet and surrealistic love story.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Wow

Absolutley amazing. I love it. Transporting, touching, and moving.

Harry Leg

yuiyuiabout 18 years ago
Well, done, Shang

I think you said it best; "It's fucking amazing."

You're incredibly talented; if I didn't adore you and your work quite so well, I would be positively green with envy. Excellent work.

champagne1982champagne1982about 18 years ago
4.892

But rounded up to where it should be...

I loved the ending, don't think I could do decimal ciphers after orgasming either.

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskinabout 18 years ago
Just semi-brilliant

You've obviously been watching Monk. A great job of getting into the mind of an obsessive compulsive with a nice twist at the end. I can see where folks who don't pick up on the narrator's OCD may wonder about the writer's sanity, but we know about that already, don't we?

Rumple

OhMissScarlettOhMissScarlettabout 18 years ago
I loved it as a cardinal sin...

and I still love it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
like it

Kinda Jack Kerouac meets OCD- interesting to see how it jumps right in, right into the middle of the character's day/impulsive train of thought. Good use of erotica too, not overdone like so many. Find it iteresting enough to read more...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Apples and sugar lumps

I loved this when I read it in the challenge, and I love it still. It can be challenging to enter the head of a person who isn't "Normal", but then, are so many of us confident of our normalcy? You handled this narrator with cleverness and compassion. Yes, it's a rather difficult, even experimental story, but certainly not so much as to make it unclear or unreadable. I really think you should look to publish this somewhere beyong Lit where it will garner the attention and reward it deserves.

And no, this is not a paid endorsement.

neonlyteneonlyteabout 18 years ago
Having Trouble

I'm having trouble with words at the moment, I'll confine myself to shielding my eyes from the brilliance of yours.

It's beautiful, courageous (the writer and the writing, and, I guess, the characters). Didn't read it on the forum, wasn't up to speed either to enjoy or participate. I'm glad I waited.

matriarchmatriarchabout 18 years ago
Amazing insight

into an obsessive mind. Brilliantly written. As Liar said, I'm so glad it wasn't any longer or I'd have gone nuts trying to read it. If you weren't such a lovable horsey, I could easily hate you for your talent. Mat xx

Selena_KittSelena_Kittabout 18 years ago
Speechless

This story leaves me breathless and floating, just like your main character. Everything else flies out of my head. I am awed by how wonderfully well you capture the moment, and how sweet that moment is. Beautiful piece of work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Wow!

What's it say that I completely got this? Heh. I thought you did a fantastic job. This is an amazing piece well worth the "E" accolade that it has received. You showed the compulsions flawlessly, but didn't overshadow that personality of such a person. It is an amazing thing to be locked in ones own head and not be able to find a means to express oneself. Often times the only way to know how such a person feels is to be directly in their head, which you put us in. Thank you for such a much needed and interesting journey into a world that most people dare not venture, and ignore or shun out of fear from lack of understanding.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I cried the first time I read this, and I cried

just now. What a touching, insightful, evocative piece.

I love you, Shang, and if you ever figure out your gender I want to either have your babies or give you babies.

*double bucket of dark chocolate Maltesers*

mlady_francemlady_franceabout 18 years ago
Loosing track

I loved this Shang. This is the first of yours I've read, and it's really funny because the whole reason I read it was because of a comment you made that it's not doing well in the votes. I loved it! There's times that I have so many things running threw my mind it's so nice to find that one person that makes you loose track for even an instant. Beautiful.

Stella_OmegaStella_Omegaabout 18 years ago
I love this

as so many other people have said- to get inside of a slightly different mind...

and I have nothing to say about the writing itself, either, simply, utterly satisfying!

angelicminxangelicminxabout 18 years ago
Skillful, Shang.

I'm of two minds, to be honest. As a story, it's difficult to follow. The writing, however, is phenomenal. You captured the essence of the character, which is why it's hard to follow as a story, lol.

It would be hell on earth to be inside Jonas' mind, but since, I assume, that's the way he's always been, it would be "normal" for him.

Wonderful show of skill, Shanglan. ~Minx

BlueSnakeBlueSnakeabout 18 years ago
Surrealistic!

What a great read this turned out to be! So far, I've read it three times and remain as captivated as the first. I am going to spend some more time with you reading your past offerrings. I, for one, would like to spend more time inside the protagonist's mind.

Aurora BlackAurora Blackabout 18 years ago
Refreshing

Congratulations on such a unique piece, Shang. Very interesting work. This was the first story of yours that I've read, and it definitely won't be the last.

Tom CollinsTom Collinsabout 18 years ago
Clearly the flamers...

...don't have any seizure disorders. If they did, then there would be brain activity from time to time and I think we all know they'd flatline an electroencephalogram.

If you want me opinion, and clearly you do because you’re allowing PCs, I think this story is totally righteous, Shangy baby! Unlike Liar, who enjoyed the story but was glad there wasn’t more of it, I would really have enjoyed a couple more pages of that. I so enjoyed the skill with which you pulled that off, darlin’! I doubt that I could have done it and I don’t doubt in the least that it was challenging. My hat’s off to you, Stud, and anything other article of clothing you care to meantion! Pssst…brains turn me on…*wink*…and you got a HUGE one, baby. *kiss*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Nicely done!

Appropriate to the disorder.

Reminds me of my story "Thanks a Lot" except my guy is just plain crazy instead of having a particular problem.

Good effort! (Although I would have liked to see it a bit longer!)

Regards, DJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A Beautiful Mind

I wonder if this is how a mathematician thinks, helplessly obsessed. Interesting piece.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 18 years ago
Outrageous

I'm surprised you didn't use the Fibonacci series in your story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Genius savant....

This was a brilliant pice of work, Shang. In the mind of a savant. I was hooked at the first line and it just got better and better. Nice work.

scriptordelectoscriptordelectoover 17 years ago
Brilliant!

You are a true master!

Emerald_DragonEmerald_Dragonalmost 17 years ago
Truly different

The more stories of yours that I read the more I am absolutly amazed. They are all so different, from such different points of view. Wow, I can't wait to see the rest!

tickledkittytickledkittyalmost 17 years ago
Truly masterful.

This is amazing. I read it because of the mention on a thread in the AH. Actually, I didn't mean to read it. I just wanted to see what it was, but you sucked me in right away. As always, your writing delighted me and took me to a different place. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Absolutely

brilliant. Incredible look into the mind of someone with a serious ocd problem. I was enthralled from the first word.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Ah ha!

What a piece of mud! Your pseudo psychology is quirksome. Please continue with this series, I like it for all the right reasons.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
You truly are amazing...

at writing utter shite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Huh?

When a reader can't make sense of a story, the writer has a problem...

Stella_OmegaStella_Omegaover 16 years ago
I mentioned this story to someone today

and came back to read it again.

And it's as kind, lovely, hopeful as I remembered.

"The stairs all have eleven but the last has twelve" is just gorgeous-- as his his realisation-- as much as he's able to understand this-- that he's causing her a lot of trouble with his OCD behaviour. And that she's willing to struggle, for him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Gorgeous

The subtlety of this is erotic in itself. You completely seduced me into his eccentric world and made me care about him and her, even though he's not overtly sympathetic. It was unique and wonderful. Magnificent horse.

Oliver_KlozoffOliver_Klozoffover 16 years ago
The only thing wrong with it is the title.

Maybe you already knew that; maybe you didn't. Two, three, five, eight.

I'm not sure what the right title would have been. Thirteen, twenty-one.

But it's not 'Fibonacci's Window.' Thirty-four, fifty-five.

That much is clear. Eighty-nine, one hundred forty-four.

Perfect square's a good place to end.

lindtchillilindtchilliover 15 years ago
Really clever

You managed to make him sympathetic despite his obvious problems.

Shame some people have missed the point, but says more about them I guess.

PrincessErinPrincessErinabout 15 years ago
Interesting

Intriguing and sexy and just a little weird.

SWintersSWintersover 13 years ago

God.

I am not blaspheming.

What are you doing here, besides wrecking the curve for the rest of us?

Please tell me you're in print with international distribution.

God.

SWintersSWintersover 13 years ago
Unspeakably brilliant

I'm sorry my previous comment is so inarticulate, and I can't figure out how to take it down.

I'm still uncharacteristically lacking for words, but all I meant was that--nothing against Lit, obviously--but your work is on a-whole-nother level, and deserves a wider audience.

I confess that the Bad Jealous Me is stamping her little foot and whinging, "How am I supposed to post anything ever again with the bar set this high?"

Good Perceptive Me is profoundly grateful to have found your work.

Thank you.

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 13 years ago
Mindblowingly wonderful.

One of the finest pieces of writing on Lit. Thank you so much.

Auden JamesAuden Jamesabout 12 years ago
A mindbender of a read!

Indeed, it's one of the finest pieces of writing on LIT, just like Scotsman69 said.

Just about every word feels right and in its right place, not one sentence incomplete, not one sentence too much or missing. "Fibonacci's Window" seems darn close to what the word 'perfection' denominates.

From my point of view, however, there might be one frailty to this perfection: the somewhat subdued erotic intensity. But to demand erotic fireworks out of such a small package of first-rate short fiction would perhaps be simply too much, a 'too much' inadequate of minimalistic form.

And thus I, too, thank you so much!

Too bad, you're not publishing on LIT anymore.

Regards and best wishes

–AJ

ParisWatermanParisWatermanover 11 years ago
I would agree

with Mr. James' comments on your superb effort. It is indeed one of the best in all of Literotica. I am somewhat reminded of Dustin Hoffman's character in Rainman.

Great work!

shadowjack17shadowjack17over 10 years ago

Oh, this is good. I HAVE OCD. Trust me, it IS like this. Anyone who wants to explore it a bit more check out the rest of the genre. And next time please tell people what the Fibonacci Series is? I'm trying to be good and not tell her, but it's killing me.

subtleperfumesubtleperfumeover 7 years ago
Innovative, insightful and affecting.

A stirring peek inside a mind that doesn't see the world in an every-day sort of way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow...!

Just "Wow!" I don't know what else to say. Except "Thanks."

Yes, that's it: "Wow, thanks!"

;^)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous