All Comments on 'Finding A Fresh Violet'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Editor

So you need an editor. Even without one your stories are great. A five.

Sidney43Sidney43over 8 years ago

I have read most of your stories and just accept the mind numbing assortment of names and places I can't find on even the most detailed map. That said, you have a rather unique writing style that can be very entertaining and you do dialog rather well. I think there is a recurring theme in your stories; they are usually about a mismatched, unhappy couple who find each other and happiness that society might not exactly approve of. Happiness is good, so yes, I enjoyed reading the story and thanks for that.

jaycoxjaycoxover 8 years ago
May/December romance the best

You are serious about AA folks recovery and I like that.

Your characters are not always fashion model women and GQ men. We meet real people trying to live fulfilling lives.

A clear "5"

jsharp001jsharp001about 8 years ago
enjoyed the story

Good read I enjoyed the story very much. It was't to long, it did help develope the characters.

robo057robo057about 8 years ago

Really enjoyed this, has a feel of real people and life situations. Also no one is super hot or outstanding, normal like the rest of us. Great story.

putt19putt19about 8 years ago
"Eh, it was all right,"

All right for a 5. Thank you for sharing your story, your gift.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 7 years ago
Enjoyed it.

Not only this one but the rest I read I have liked most of them. Most comfortable are the familiar names of people, places, and some events.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 7 years ago
Nice Mileau

DeGarde is a weird place like your stories and most including this deserve a high five.

Babe, after law school I worked at the IRS, don't complain about nasty, you have no idea what nasty is!

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 7 years ago
Fabulous story

Fabulous story by a fabulous author.

Vegasrails2Vegasrails2about 7 years ago
Ah a surprise ending

A little to quick in my opinion, should of freshen it out a bit more before ending, but otherwise Great!, So you make it through all 12 steps? I didn't...but it's been 31 years since i had a JD.

purpledaze808purpledaze808about 6 years ago
Very nice story

Definitely worth the 5 stars, and if I had anything about it that I would change, it would be that it did end a little abruptly. There was a lot of very good story telling and character building throughout the story, but the end felt a little like it needed more. Otherwise, a very good story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Hey, you're trying- and that's what counts!

It's not easy being an author; and in some ways its much harder writing a short story than a long story because you've gotta take a chain saw and edit the hell out of it.

Preacher friend once told me: "Writing a long sermon is hard; as the average sermon should only be 3 topics before you lose your audience's attention". She's right.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

alcohol, not akahall

stevenlent1957stevenlent1957over 5 years ago
Good read..

I really enjoyed reading it. from someone who this story sounds like almost to a tee. except being in the banking profession.. it was almost like my younger days..

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
AA & NA///////WHEN ONE GIVES THEM AN HONEST CHANCE THEY CAN WORK

for those that falter or back step its back to step one and pray its not too late, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
My 2 cents

I gave you 5 stars because I enjoyed it so much. You write for enjoyment and I read stories for the same reason. I thought it was a good story. I liked the characters and the interaction between them. I think when the characters engage each other, it takes the story up a notch. Liked the banter and come backs. I've never been an alcoholic, but know people who are and were. My heart goes out to them with their struggles. Please keep writing and screw the naysayers. Looking forward to reading more stories. Thanks for your time and imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5 *

Great Story. Great writing. If you put it in quotes, you ken spell it any ole way you chuse. "Specally if that's the way he taaks". So the 5 year old Commenter should know better. Lot of people say Akahall. Anyhow, I just found you as an author, so come on back to writing for us. I've enjoyed them all so far.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77over 3 years ago

Cute, sweet. The meeting parts maybe not integral to the story, but still 5 ⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That story was fantastic. Loved it. Would love to see a sequel to follow Dennis & Violet's story. Violet sounds amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a sweet story, loved it. Looking forward to reading more.

Rainyday493Rainyday493over 1 year ago

You certainly have a quirky way of telling a story! Sex is pretty good too.

Chimo1961Chimo1961over 1 year ago

Stories like this give us old guys hope. 5*

texlootexloo7 months ago

I quite enjoyed this story! The characters were relatable and three dimensional. It was humorous, romantic, and sweet.

wmjm54wmjm54about 2 months ago

Fifth time reading and this story still makes me smile.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.