All Comments on 'Finding Someone'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 72 Comments
SithLord6969SithLord6969over 5 years ago
Such a sad tale

OK, I'm a hopelessly romantic man and a ridged believer in monogamy as well. This beautiful story though kind of broke my heart... The lack of a 'happy ending' for all 3 of them got to me I must admit. The writing was excellent as always, the story was compelling as well and hot as hell. The resolution was a bit too real for me.Thank you for sharing this with us.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Excellent

@SithLord6969 - I disagree about the lack of a happy ending. Just because they didn't end up in a polyamorous relationship doesn't mean that it wasn't a happy ending! I think the COULD have had one if they wanted, but chose, mutually, not to have one. It would have been sad if Shania wanted to join them and was refused, but that's not the case.

I really enjoyed reading this!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Schwanze1

Unreadable? It's okay to not like a story, everyone has different tastes, but "unreadable"? No way in Hell!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I definitely found it readable

This is everything you could ask for in a story. Great writing, believable characters, although I had a tough time with the perspective of a hip young black girl, being a old white guy, it had some smoking hot sex, the emotions all felt real. Five stars.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldover 5 years ago

At last a story that did not ask me to suspend my disbelief. Wonderful and felt real. Things end. We try to hold on. The ending captured that. Thanks for this. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

needs a second chapter

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
OK

I'll try to soldier through it, give it a chance based on feedback to my comment and get back to you.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
OK read it through

To be clear, nothing wrong with the writing and the story was quite readable starting when they went to Florida. Before that, reading it was like watching paint dry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

The writing was solid, but I just lost interest early on when Murphy was suddenly hit with the Martian Cuck Ray. His biggest fear was her finding someone else at school, and then he's encouraging her to do just that. I suppose it was that or give up her lifelong dream of attending *squints* Oklahoma.

I think, as you had written him, he'd be fully on board with a transfer. He badly wanted her going to school nearby in the first place. It's not as if she couldn't make the local volleyball team if she's really that good.

I admit I was not a big fan of this theme to begin with, so I'm biased. Now I have even less anticipation for next year's Cock Cage Cuckold Christmas Challenge.

Still, thank you for sharing your talent. You still get a yeet from me whenever I see your byline.

Cog

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

These stories on randis 'special days' are all boring paint by numbers follow the leader rubbish. I know this comment will either be deleted or not even posted since randi decides not only when stories are published but also comments. I have seen negative comments in the announcement of this 'special day' have been removed.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 5 years ago
A good, solid read

worth ever one of the 5*s!

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonover 5 years ago
Love it.

Human and beautiful. So well written. The ending was just right, too. Thank you.

DrizdartDrizdartover 5 years ago
I read it all with enjoyment

It made sense to me all the way up to graduation ... when everyone simply went on with their plan, switched off the sex and became platonic. That seemed abrupt, unlikely, and unmotivated -- without consideration of any options other than finishing up the best three months and then jetting apart.

prinnaveaprinnaveaover 5 years ago
Great Story

The writing was solid, character development well done. I found I knew each character well. I easily fell into the emotions of the story. I liked the romantic eroticism of the story, done well and not over the top. I especially liked Murphy's disbelief, due to age, and stayed the course. Him finding it wasn't just a crush. Drew's holding to her commitments and goals in life. She set out to do what she said she would do and did it. It was a happy ending story all the way around, even for Shania, she is still a large part of Drew's and Murph's lives at the end.

How do you put it, YEET!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
This is a very good story by

one of the best writers on the site. Words, scenes, and characters are all used judiciously and with great effect. Excellent writing by an ever growing talent and force of nature.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "The writing was solid..."

You're not allowing for character development! Yes, he was uncomfortable with her going away to school, afraid that she would find someone else. But, now, he sees how miserable she is, he KNOWS that she is in love with him permanently, so he can be at least reasonably secure in her finding someone TEMPORARILY.

As for the volleyball, it wasn't a matter of making the team: she's one of the top 200 players in the country, it was the difference in the level of the program and competition. The Florida school would push her to be the best that she could be.

jneric2691jneric2691over 5 years ago
It was very well written!

For the first time you story made me sad. They both spent so much time to get Murphy interested. If I were Murphy, I couldn't think about Shania going back to Texas for fear something might happen to her. I still like to say that I really do admire your writing skill.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wonderful Story

Perfect read for me. The characters were loyal to each other. The story telling was detailed and captured my attention immediately. This was the first read of any of your stories and I hope to read them all if they are all as good as this one. However, It does deserve another chapter or two. I'd like to hear how they interacted after graduation and splitting apart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

You gave us a hint at Drew and Mirphy’s life, but other than her visits, you didn’t really let us know much about Shania’s life.

HikingThruHikingThruover 5 years ago
crammed finish...

...no resolution to Shania's emotions, graduation, masters degree, they spend three weeks a year together, and don't have sex? Two kids? Kind of a rushed conclusion, IMO. It was great until it ran out of gas.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
'My Team' LOL

Oh the hubris. Been reading this site a long time before the Queen of Sheeba showed. Um, I'm a finna throw down one ☆. Boring and formulaic.

InescuInescuover 5 years ago
Not my preferred subject matter, but decent none the less

I found the whole, "I'm a bisexual woman in a committed hetero relationship, but my relationships with other women are no threat to it," annoying. What, you can't fall in love with one of those women (which is exactly what the protagonist does)? It feels like you are saying that the same sex relationships are somehow less (at least your characters are).

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Superb!

Ignore the detractors, I'm with HDK on this one, another one of the very gifted writers on here. For some people if it's not thoroughly miserable or extreme and unbelievable BTB they just don't get it. Thank you Blackrandl1958 :)

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 5 years ago
Well Done

The only form of sharing which has the remotest chance of working is one where all three participants interact. These fantasies where a woman does two men or a man does two women are the literary equivalent of a two sided triangle.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years agoAuthor
Pretty funny.

@inescu: "I found the whole, "I'm a bisexual woman in a committed hetero relationship, but my relationships with other women are no threat to it," annoying..." I don't know where you found that. It wasn't in my story. Drew had no relationships with other women in this story until the events described in it. I echo her frustration with people who seem to find it impossible to understand that bi-sexual people have just as much success in monogamous relationships as hetero people. It's the heteros who can't seem to keep it in their pants, or whatever.

@schwanze: Why your first move always off the dick cart? Knee-jerk reactions. Sigh.

@Annie: Hilarious! I mean, I don't even know why you bother at this point. It's me. You're you. I win. You lose. Always. When have I ever been bothered? I just delete you and have a great day. Hahahaha. You can't even spell "Sheba."

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
Always impressed. *****

This author and FTDS's stories inspired me to write and post here. blackrandl58 is the queen of her castle. If you're just passing by here, click her named and you will see a full list of her stories. I believe I have read everything she has posted her and it's always good quality writing. She has written some incredible tender stories in the Loving Wives section that, in my opinion are quite sweet. I mean that in the most complimentary way. Always a pleasure to see blackrandl58 post a new story.

jshsalvjshsalvover 5 years ago
Awesome

Never give up on your writing abilities. You have no idea the enjoyment I get from reading them. You are without a doubt one of my favorites..Thank you

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 5 years ago
In context with the event this is a brilliant story

This has all the elements of a real believable story which breathes life into the characters. While I would not normally be drawn into this subject area, the huge benefit of these events, where the better writers among us are invited to contribute to the challenge, provides us readers with an enhanced level of literature in the particular field or erotica chosen, on which we can enrich our Literotica experience. Thus this story is worthy of 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well written

As expected from the Leader of the Band. But you started to lose my interest when you had a girl in high school, regardless of her age, apparently living with a man 13 years her senior. Where were her parents? Hell, where was the school or her volleyball coach? When her solution to being separated from Murphy was a lesbian relationship, I checked out. Nothing wrong with being bi, but it just sat wrong with me for this particular story and this particular topic - sharing is caring. Was Murphy taking care of his needs back home? I mean this felt pretty one-sided. It was all about her and her wants and needs. And speaking of Murphy? What exactly did he do that he could afford to maintain 2 households and pay for all the other expenses at the same time? If he signs a contract with a high school he isn't getting rich from that. High schools everywhere need money for everything. While I appreciate all the time you spend putting together these events, this one was just not my favorite. While the authors all wrote good to very good stories, none of them wrote anything convincing about sharing being a good idea. Bebop3 and Todd172 stories were the best, but Bebop3's ending just left me sad for a lost love and Todd172's involved horrible people that were just hard to feel sorry for. Thanks for your on going efforts to improve Literotica.

chaoddicchaoddicover 5 years ago
Best writer here

Loved it as always

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
THEM OLD SONGS PROVES TRUE

when you cant be with the one you love, and the mountain cant, find somebody to love, TK U MLJ LV NV

moblanemoblaneover 5 years ago
MAGIC

I see such imagination and descriptive skill in your writing along with an ability to splice it into real life with excitement and emotion. Your incredible understanding of the, sometimes tormented, human condition is exhilarating. The complex relationships in this story are not easy to understand but you go one stage further and explain them! That is an ability that separates you from the 'crowd' Thank You for your brilliant and thoroughly overpowering story. I congratulate you on your writing and envy your talent.

prinnaveaprinnaveaover 5 years ago
@ BlackRandi1958

I don't know which is better. The story you have written or the comments afterwards.

The story was a great read, some of the comments were a great comedy read.

I see Queen Sheba (as one put it) and King George arrived about the same time, the others I haven't researched yet fully.

You have a team, a good one, and always seemed to have in your writings from the first story forward. Many of us who have written here don't have that luxury.

I read the Sports Illustrated reference which tells me you live in the realms of writing any way.

This piques my curiosity to wonder what a, team-less, stand alone story might be like from BR.

From your stories I have read I have been learning a lot about you, and from you.

Good wishes and Happy Writings.

InsigniaInsigniaover 5 years ago
JUCO VB Coach

Who is financing 2 households? Dade County CC has got it going on.

I get she is a top 200 talent. I live in a state that worships college VB and if she started school as late as you said her eligibility in HS is up when she is 19. As her HS coach he should have worked the grapevine to get some more offers. Any power 5 school is a great opportunity though. Have 2 nieces at Div I schools and once the season starts they aint going nowhere but with coach.

The ending was rushed and ignored any feelings other than Drew's. IRL Shania gets pregnant and is permanently attached to the Murph.

The story was readable and well paced until the last few paragraphs. You kept it real, meaning that the fairytale ending usually aint in the cards. Reminded me of relationships I have had with timer attached. Thanks for organizing and writing too Sheba. You are a welcome part of the lit repetoir.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
One star

Just because

Todd172Todd172over 5 years ago
Another outstanding story...

Well planned, well plotted with interesting characters as always. I'd be remiss if I failed to point out that Randi pushes many of us to write, often on subjects we'd never considered. For that I am thankful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
***

Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Another perfect story!

There you are in the story again! Your romantic heart and your real life experiences providing the tension that pulls the story along. You've left enough room at the end for me to make my own ending where they all end up together and happy

But others can make their own endings in different directions. There's the magic.

In my fantasy I am Murphy, with this beautiful slender cocoa beauty on my arm.

R.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
*****

As always, Queen of her Castle, blackrandl1958 entertains her readers. Every-time.

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 5 years ago
ROFLMFAO.

Norman and OU. Went to a club and it had a line. Hahahahahahaha.

Great loving story with a little bummer of an ending. I liked all three of them and really wish they could have stayed together. But that is one of the problems with the lifestyle and the third wheel.

5 stars.

tnoldguytnoldguyover 5 years ago
Really enjoyed the story

And I love that Randi organizes these events with some of the best writers on Literotica.

My only real objection is to the close together births of the 2 girls. 9 months apart seems unrealistic. But, then again, it is fiction. I’m supposed to suspend disbelief.

I love your writing Randi. Thanks for another good one. Keep writing.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years agoAuthor
@tnoldguy

Randi makes an editing error. I meant to say, 16 months and seven years. Good catch. My apologies.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 5 years ago
You didn't disappoint

Considering the guidelines, I knew you would go this way, but quality writing overcame the predictability.

5*.

Thanks again.

Hooked

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 5 years ago
Fantastic story

I was surprised that you didn't find it in your heart to have them form a two wife family but, as is was a great 5* story - thanks!

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7over 5 years ago
Bravo, one of the best

Bravo. One of the best stories I have read here. Five out of five.

Smart and incredibly sexy - just the way I like my stories.

If you want to write more about these characters i will definitely read it.

Steve

steeltiger01steeltiger01almost 5 years ago

I'm not a 'sharing' kind if guy - never have been, really. This story is a beautiful, loving tribute to those who do share. Bravo blackrandl, nobody else could have written a story like this!

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Took a while

Took me awhile to read this one as I didn't much care for the whole sharing thing. But it wasn't nearly as bad as I feared. In fact, it was pretty dadgum good. Hate to admit, but I enjoyed it.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 4 years ago
Excellent story of love, loneliness, and sharing

Everything was 10 stars until the ending. A truly wonderful story!

I honestly believed all three would wind up together, it was a true polyamorous relationship.

5 stars and I wish I could give more.

blackknight314blackknight314over 4 years ago
You did it again!

I loved this story. I believe 3 people can have a loving relationship... it's not for everyone. There needs to be love between everyone in the group. I was wishing that they would have stayed together but... oh well. To bad Shania didn't find someone as well. Maybe a foursome love nest.

What do I know, you're the author, I'm just the lucky guy who gets to benefit from your works.

Thanks,

blackknight

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
You Could Have Titled This

'Murphy's Romance', but that was already done but James didn't share. Did shared a girlfriend one time decades ago because she wanted to try it, didn't work out of course, was very glad we weren't too serious, moved on and never would do it again. However in the case of this story I'm afraid I'd have to reconsider... Only started to read it because of Randi's skill and glad I did. Signed: BTW

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Reading again

Always great stories from this author, and even though I should not have, I really enjoyed this one.

chairfanchairfanabout 3 years ago

Nice, wish they would up all together though.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterabout 3 years ago
Great story, but...

The ending felt truncated, cut off, rushed, incomplete. The whole story was wonderful but the ending was a slap in the face.

Innovative story and entirely possible. I couldn't understand why they held off being intimate until they visited Florida. It was incongruous with her wanting a dick, it didn't serve his intent when he said "Find someone." Your story, your fantasy, your universe.

5*s, but the ending needs to be massaged, interpolated, fleshed out.

francemanfrancemanalmost 3 years ago

I'm not generally a fan of sharing because it usually ends badly: insecurity, trust, doubt, humiliation, comparison, love, .......

But you write so well, bringing out so much love between the characters that you can't help but appreciate.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

Bh76Bh76over 2 years ago

Lovely. I was rooting for them to work it out to stay together. That’s the sign of a great story for me.

Bh76Bh76over 2 years ago

…and the lesbian cuck shit tag is hilarious.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The whole story is a weak 5, sort of a 5 minus, in my view. The ending is such an anti-climax; it is a total disaster; it also raises credibility issues! It might be a love story, in your mind, but it turn out to be only a temporary love, some sort of an intense (?) fling. But it is your story!

The ending certainly projects a long and dark shadow back on the feelings (love?) shared throughout the rest of the story and somehow reduces them to ashes. That ending needs to be massaged A LOT to make this whole story more credible and become a solid 6.

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

My comments are the same as so many others....great read up until the ending. It made little sense with what was being built up throughout the story. No satisfaction and closure provided at all.

To be honest, it's a trend with many of your stories. You are a great author here but you seem to have some trouble with the 3rd act and kind of try to tie everything up in a quick bow. Your work definitely deserves more satisfying and developed closure and if you can do that, these stories would go from great to incredible.

That said, keep up the good work I'm enjoying your journey, 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Your writing is always a pleasure, but I was a bit disappointed with the very end of this one... it just didn't have the same feeling as the rest of the story, and I think surprisingly it limped away from a great tale... but I still love your stories and continue to go through your body of work, enjoying it all, and appreciating your creativity and great tales.

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

Terriblely sad ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sad but realistic ending. What would have been more realistic was Murphy transferring to a school in Florida. It comes down to priorities. His contract was two years and she knew that. She wanted to play volleyball at Oklahoma. Ok. Why exactly did it have to be there? And he could have traveled on weekends to spice things up. But in the end, Murphy and the MC had a close, tight bond that was not going to break or even bend. They enjoyed Shae and loved her but not to the same degree. This her being frozen out was probably inevitable. That is the reality of many polyamorous relationships.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Well thought out story, nicely written with good character descriptions, bit over the top from an older man’s point of view but to loved up between the 3 of them but nicely done

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

And.???? You can't just leave her all alone. Buy a big house, 2 wings for each girl and their kids, a blended family of future volleyball players. Although Shea was only supposed to be for her at school

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The ending sucked. There had to be a way to live as a threesome. I can’t believe that to read all that to have it end with them breaking up. 2 🌟.

Bill S.

JustplainjeffJustplainjeff12 months ago

We both keep finding these gems. You never cease to amaze both of us. Never.

It's too bad we can only give this 5*.

Jeff & Deb

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

There are often inevitable imbalances in any polyamorous relationship. The MC and Murphy had really strong feelings for each other. Shania was part of the mix for a while but realistically a survivable threesome was never going to last. Seriously. While she and Shania became close and intimate it didn't hold a candle to what she felt for Murphy. And vice versa. Pair bonding is a strong thing and there have been endless.novels and movies about love triangles of all types. They don't generally last, even with the assent of all parties.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Hmm, wish there was some happy ending for Shania. Not clear why she had to go to Texas and give up on two people who love her.

The only thing is they both stuck to the original plan, but I was rooting for them staying together.

drbenchpress66drbenchpress663 months ago

I feel like the only way it works is instead of a threesome you go for the holy foursome! Then, hopefully, you form two separate bo… wait a fucking minute isn’t that just swinging? Goddamnit I thought I was onto something here haha

6King6King2 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Cracker270Cracker2702 months ago

Really good well written story. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Great painful sacrifices for passionate love. MC has resiliency and tenacity for her life plan. Admirable.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...