All Comments on 'First Semester Finals'

by JoeDreamer

Sort by:
  • 69 Comments
ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosover 9 years ago
Very sweet!

But you really need to get an editor. There were many errors (in pronouns, tenses and more) which a good editing would have caught.

-Rei

BelgiumBelgiumover 9 years ago

Good story. Deserves a sequel when they go to visit his family

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Ooh look, another grammar cop.Can't you just read a story without looking for things wrong with it.I swear it seem that a lot of you think that you're reading a professional writing.Is it perfect,no. Does it need to be,Hell no.Just read it for the story and get over yourselves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank You !!!

I thoroughly enjoyed your story. Looking forward to the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Surreal! ^_^

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Beautiful

the story is simply beautiful...

Looking forward to next instalment

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A most enjoyable read! Thank you!

Beautiful story from start to hilarious finish. Should have included the grades :-)

ham_sandwichham_sandwichover 9 years ago
Five stars!

I'll bet he got an "A" in chemistry after all.

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
*****

Make sure it's a 410 shotgun with rock salt. Good story and appropriate for the season. Well done and enjoyable. Cheers!

dinkymacdinkymacover 9 years ago
Nice!!

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
more!

A good, well-paced, well-told story.

I look forward to reading what happened when she went to his family. . . .

73

HP

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Pobably one of the best.

Great story. Great beginning,middle and end. I also am looking to the next installment.

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Oneover 9 years ago

Its good to see you back, hope the next much work its quicker in getting here. But this was worth the wait so it really doesn't matter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I enjoyed the story, but you really do need an editor and you get your 'then' and 'than' wrong every time. Every time you used THEN it should have been THAN, same with THAN, it should have been THEN, lots of wrong words, missing words and grammar and punctuation, call me a grammar nazi I don't care, comments about your errors are meant to help.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thanks!

Sweet christmas story... Enjoyed it. But please please complete mom's bed before everything else!

jott50jott50over 9 years ago
VERY NICE LOVE STORY..

with some hot sex in the middle...actually i must commend you on not including anal sex into their lovemaking.

GOOD JOB!!!

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
really cute story

I loved the family interplay. well done.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
to the opponent of good grammar

If a person is willing to take the time to write and post a story for millions to see and read, what is wrong with having enough pride in their work to have it be as good as possible? Why post, especially in a contest, a less than contest ready entry? And, it is not you, responding anonymously, who should be offended by constructive criticism meant to help someone else. A very good story could have been even better with the aid of one of the volunteer editors on this site. A small amount of proof reading, a second person with a fresh set of eyes, could make a substantial difference.

SouthPacificSouthPacificover 9 years ago
To rightbank and the other "grammar nazis"

I totally agree. I loved the story, but it could have been rather better with, as was commented on earlier, a fresh set of eyes, because most of the errors are small and easy to fix. I would really look forward to a continuation.

I commented on a story once that, no matter how good the plot and the narrative, it always jarred if the spelling and grammar weren't up to scratch. That's one of the reasons why I volunteer as an editor here - hopefully I catch all of this before it goes to print!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great story

Hi,

Thanks for the new story.

potatoboypotatoboyover 9 years ago
good story

Awesome story hopefully you come up with a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Excellent story. A few editorial issues, but who's perfect. Thanks for sharing.

GriffyD_BoyGriffyD_Boyover 9 years ago

That was a really good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wonderful Story

I know it wasn't intended to be a comedy but this wonderful story had me in stitches much of the time.

There are not enough stars in the ratings to do this story justice.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 9 years ago
Nice more than just nice

I really enjoyed this story from beginning to end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Ending

It is a very nice story with some editorial issues but it's okay.

But please I request you on everyone's behalf that please do complete your stories.

You've written too many stories but most of your work is unfinished.

Call me sucker for this but we want to read the endings of your stories.

Please do work on them.

timlaudertimlauderalmost 9 years ago
OMG!

WOW writer! THAT is ROMANCE!!!

timlaudertimlauderalmost 9 years ago
NEXT CHAPTER

I'm not sure I agree with other comments. Sure an editor would help some, but not much. This story CAN stand alone without another chapter/s. How would the Peyton Place of relationships help this story as it stands? It's a short story as intended! A novel would be very nice, but IT'S a short story romance as it should be with the rest of the story left to YOUR imagination. An epilog would be nice sometimes, but it would eliminate YOUR imagination of true love...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
perfect ending

This is a great point to end the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Joe Dreamer's Stories

For those of you asking Joe D to finish his stories, I recall him mentioning in the feedback of another story that he had suffered a catastrophic hard drive failure in 2011 - 2012. He lost all of his unpublished or incomplete work at that time. One can only imagine the effort to try to rewrite months or years of work.

Thank you Joe!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Beautiful story

Great storytelling, wonderful characters to care about, exciting sex and surprising humor. Five stars. This is my first time reading your product, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I look forward to reading about more adventures of Bethany and William.

A fine story could turn into a great series!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Love it!

Really enjoyed this tale. One of the best so far but lots to read yet😀

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Your writing has definitely improved over time, hopefully by now you've found an editor you can work with.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Such a nice story

It did need a sequel or at least an epilog. I think an epilog would be the best way, but a story would prove you as a writer.

scorge30scorge30over 6 years ago
Would love a continuation of this story

I hope that this author comes back and writes some more of this story. I would love to hear of the couple's experiences when they meet his family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good story . . .

. . . but please don't consider spell check a worthy substitute for a good editor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good story but too many words.

I really like your story telling, but you could use fewer words. It seems you are writing for people who have to hear things twice before understanding.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
This is one of my ALL TIME favorites 5 stars

I read it every once in a while just to feel good. It is a true stand alone story and needs no second chapter, but an epilog would be very nice. An epilog to be really great would probably take more skill than the story it's self. I think you just might be able to do it, maybe.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I love this story and I have read it many times to.

It's a shame the Author hasn't a clue of the difference between THEN and THAN. HEY go back to the third grade. Get an editor, your a wonderful writer of many of my favorite stories...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
To anonymous of 6/24/18

Please don’t criticize others choice of words until you know the difference between

your and you’re. This author’s storytelling far outshines his understanding of correct grammar.

Darrell_WrightDarrell_Wrightover 5 years ago
A sequel please.

A sequel of when Will introduces Bethany to his family would be wonderful, is this something you'd consider?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I agree

You just owe it to Will and Bethany to let them tell us the next chapter of their lives.

5*s

detroitdave

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Social disease ????????

Social disease bothered me, but english is not my mother language. As it was used twice it may have been intentional.

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallover 4 years ago
I'll add my voice to those asking for a part 2 - Meeting Will's family

This is a loving warm little story and as many other's I'd love a sequel.

I'm currently reading through a lot of your stories... again...

You do good work!

GregJohnson1958GregJohnson1958over 4 years ago
Please continue

This definitely needs another chapter or two

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

What happened to meeting his family or for that matter, the rest of the story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
“I love you”

So they just meet, have a roll in the hay and they start using the L word all in the same night. Just doesn’t make sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Family

I really missed not having her meet his family. I was definitely looking forward to her conversation with the bother who thoight Will was gay! Also her coversation with Will's mother!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A huge 5 star story

One of my all time favorite stories that I have read many times. I go back and read it again when I need to feel good again.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 3 years ago

Not your usual Christmas story

However, I think it is one of the funniest and embarrassing stories, I've read. Thanks for posting it.

Prowler39Prowler39over 3 years ago
Christmas tradition

JD, I find myself reading this story each Christmas. It always brings a smile.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
One of my favorites too

I return for re-read it from time to time.

Ginger630Ginger630over 3 years ago

I would love to see more to this couple

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great Deserves more

Great story. I would have loved to see the reaction from his family.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Beat xmas ever

Cal59Cal59over 2 years ago

Loved it 5/5, thanks!

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961almost 2 years ago

good story way to short for my likeing but still a five

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Did he pass chemistry?

nyteramblernyterambleralmost 2 years ago

Needed another chapter about the girl meeting his family. Good story as is.

wish_thinkerwish_thinkerover 1 year ago

I agree with all those below with one caveat, the NEXT meeting would have been better for the sleepover :-).

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICover 1 year ago

Great story. I wish there was more.

tsgtcapttsgtcaptabout 1 year ago

Definitely needs chapter 2, 3, 4, 5, ..... great read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Loved it, but it's so deserving a couple sequels. Thank you!

tsgtcapttsgtcapt12 months ago

I'll say it again, great read and a happy ending... still needs more chapters.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

What a wonderful read. It warms you

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Just perfect

Richard1940Richard19406 months ago

Hilarious. I would expect they would have a long and happy relationship. Thank you. 5*

Coochielover71Coochielover714 months ago

Another truly wonderful story!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Too bad we can't vote 10 stars. This is easily one of the best stories around.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous