All Comments on 'Flower Girl Ch. 02'

by DonnaBeck

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
drdetroit019drdetroit019over 9 years ago
No good with titles

I am anxiously awaiting the development of these characters. Not the sex so much, just the motivations . I know this is erotic literature, but the story far outweighs the sweaty sex scenes most times. Keep the anticipation going.

avidfaavidfaover 9 years ago
Terrific story

There are so many perfect touches, perfect moments in your story that bring a smile and cause me to pause a moment to savor the thought, the image.

As a guy, I wouldn't mind getting to it a little faster, but I do understand that my success rate would increase were I to learn a little from William about taking the time for a slow, teasing seduction.

The build is palpable, ineluctable. You can feel the voltage building up and can almost see where the bolt will strike.

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good read

I'm really enjoying this. Very nice writing style with believably quirky characters.

Ed_XEd_Xover 9 years ago
Another good chapter

I'm enjoying the character development and how the story is unfolding. I can't wait for the next chapter. And, for what it's worth, I don't think the story is ready for actual sex or lacking from it either. You are doing a superb job of building a believable amount of sexual tension between William and Tracy.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
time too put on...

...my ultracrepedarian hat. You have your character Tracy making fun of her co-worker, Anthony over the sexual nature of flowers. Then you have Tracy make the much too common writer's error in the sub-story of calling semen, 'seed'.

Her Mama, the biology professor should spank her for that silly mistake!

Otherwise DB, another great chapter. Skillful continuation of developing your characters to have interesting personalities.

Adults, speaking like adults! Not very common on this site. And creating around your characters a vivid picture of their terrain.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 9 years ago
Flammable!

Well, you spent last chapter setting finely grained lengths of wood in place over humble sprigs of kindling in a structure both promising and elegant. And now in this chapter ... sparks! A whole series of them, each a smidgen brighter than the last, with Tracy and William seeing and sensing those little flares in one another's emails until everything catches and flickers with heat in that dinner scene. The flames are coming, and we can all see and feel them in the near future.

Hot!

JWrenJWrenabout 9 years ago
Tantalising slow build

So much to admire in the opening two chapters, not least the gradual development of the two main characters. The slow burn of their relationship is realistic, so too their discussions with trusted confidants (twin sister and confirmed friend). An extra delight is the intriguing story within a story. Sex? It's bubbling there just below the surface, like a tantalising kiss on the hand. Onward to chapter three...

bruce22bruce22almost 9 years ago
This sounds as if they are two very complete people

But I will bet that under the surface each has faults, and perhaps even problems.

Excellent dialogue between two intelligent people.

GirochenGirochenover 8 years ago
Flower Girl 02

I don't comment very often, but I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed chapters one and two. I will continue to read all that you have written and posted. As an aspiring writer myself, I find the subject matter of this particular story quite enjoyable. At some point, I hope to have the guts to publish my own writings. Thank you for the stories you have and are writing. I understand the connection we feel to them.

maddictmaddictover 8 years ago
Lovely story.

A wonderful romance to read. A pleasent change from some of the hard bang that I expect to find on lit.I look forward to a rewarding love affair for Tracy and William.

Is this story anything like the paperbacks my wife is reading, the cover boy doesn't have a whole shirt covering his chest?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Best Line EVER

"John, I meet women every day whom I would like to take to bed. Rarely do I meet a woman I would like to wake up with."

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
as the characters develop

the story keeps getting better and better.

I too loved the line about waking up next to her.

beautiful

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I must say...

your story has been very satisfying so far. I'm barely half way through and I already have great expectations. I look forward to reading more of your work.

ThelvynerThelvynerabout 7 years ago
Hmm interesting

I like how you have included sexual content as excerpts from her book rather than having the main characters fall into bed with each other right away. I also tend to skim past long sex scenes if I am not in the mood and you have delivered a way for me to do so without feeling like I am going to accidentally skip past some important dialogue embedded between thrusts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Engaging and smart.

There is an interesting dichotomy between the characters and the ones in the book. I like the pacing. Not too fast. Nana is a great moral compass for Tracy. Thanks for this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

ok,so far...nothing exciting yet...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDonnaBeck@DonnaBeck
Hi Lit - readers, It has been suggested that I give the order of the trilogy; Subway, Flower, and Runner Girl. I have two short stories on here as well. I am currently writing erotica. I expect the new piece to be out around the first of the year. Thank you for your intere...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES