All Comments on 'Flower of Desire'

by Ann Douglas

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
jsmangisjsmangisover 3 years ago

Once again Ann, you have written a beautiful erotic love story. I hope you will consider writing more about the relationship between these two lovers.

foxyfowlerfoxyfowlerover 3 years ago
Wonderful

Ann Douglas you are a brilliant writer and this story is very loving between these two ladies will you write more about these two and will they marry and have children I assume that there co-workers take umbridge about them being lovers I love to read all your stories Ann so loving and storyline is brilliant love.xxxxx

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I liked that you took two pages of build up before the sex started. The build up was very detailed and well thought out as was the character development. You could go for a second chapter with this if you wanted I think.

5/5

J

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereover 3 years ago

Nicely done. Is there to be more?

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 3 years ago
Not my cup of tea

Or so I thought.... but then I didn't come here to drink tea. I don't usually read lesbian stories, I came here to read a story by one of my favorite authors and was not disappointed. This story is clearly about love between two people that just happen to both be female. I thourghly enjoyed it because it was more about love than lust and written in a way that didn't detract from the love. The sex was great without being sordid. Thanks for a five star story.

blueyes4ublueyes4uover 3 years ago

Great write as usual,luv your stories always look foward to them..ty

ChironomidChironomidover 3 years ago

As usual, a great story! I like the way you often place the stories in an earlier 'simpler' time, reminding me of the attitudes I also lived through during those days. Keep it up!

RastanuraRastanuraover 3 years ago

Hi Ann, I always look forward to a new story from you. This one is a little shorter to the Climax but still finely crafted and lovely characters.

MaonaighMaonaighover 3 years ago
Where do they go from here?

This story is delightful as are all your stories, Ann, but I can't help feeling there's something missing. It reads as if you're only halfway through and there should be a lot more to come. Still, I can't really complain for there's a lot of pleasure to be had in your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well

Constructed tale which flowed beautifully

MigbirdMigbirdover 3 years ago

Very moving, romantic tale with well developed characters and interesting storyline. The ending seems like a beginning; we can hope (?). Thanks for sharing.

HighpikeHighpikeover 3 years ago
Writing of the highest order

You crafted your characters slowly and carefully and the result was a wonderful read. You used Wendy and Tim in a very clever way to form Alice and Miyoshi and bring the two together. You paced the narrative in a way that made the whole reading experience richly rewarding. Thank you. I would like to read more of these two.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 3 years ago
Well written

I read everything by Ann Douglas because she writes so well. Every element of the story is in proper proportion. The dialogue feels natural. The characters are well drawn and full. This is the work of a mature writer who knows what to include and what to leave out. 5*.

GreatOak123GreatOak123over 3 years ago
Excellent, as usual...

Well up to your usual standard. Excellent.

OnlyJuan4OnlyJuan4over 3 years ago

My sentiments are similar to those above. I have been a big fan of yours, Ann for a long time. And while I rarely read stories about lesbians (preferring to look at pictures of them instead), this story and your ability to describe in such delicious detail their first time together has me wishing for more. Thanks.

Mike9947Mike9947over 3 years ago

Beautiful and very erotic. You also dealt brilliantly with all the voices in the head that make self discovery so difficult - really well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I've yet to read one of your stories that I didn't thoroughly enjoy. Thank you.

acupacupover 3 years ago
Another great one

The lead up of a female writer in a lesbian story, or even a regular story from a female point of view is something that no man can quite get close to. I try in some of mine, and I'm sure they would be many fold better if I had a female editor or even a beta reader, but we can't all be that lucky.

I will add to the 'when's the next chapter coming out' question. It defiantly begs a continuation.

5/5

Elaphe223Elaphe223over 3 years ago

Another wonderful story, Ann. I only wish there could be more.

Waiting with bated breath for your next effort.

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54over 3 years ago

A beautiful love story! I really loved it! Five ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ stars.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 3 years ago
Always a pleasure to read another of your stories

I enjoyed the main characters and the story. Thanks

CanadianMCanadianMover 3 years ago

As always, your story is so well written, you take us into the minds of the protagonists and draw the readers in ... Wonderful...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Superb

I always enjoy your stories! Nice to see a slow building relationship between the women. I enjoy the sex scenes but they're so much better when that's not the whole point. Not too often that we get quality writing with ethnically different protagonists. Nice work and I hope for a sequel where we can see how they dealt with the office issues and Miyoshi's father whom I assume was not happy his daughter is a lesbian. With luck they will reconcile! 🙂

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94over 3 years ago

It seems as always I was delighted with your work. Thanks.

Only_connectOnly_connectover 3 years ago

A very nice story. The style is a bit clunky and the dialogue thuds rather than pings, but the sex is nicely done and it's a very sweet little tale.

bi_cyclerbi_cyclerover 3 years ago
Very nice

You developed these two characters so that I felt the tension of two cultures slowly coming to understand each other. You write beautifully and expressed the joy of these two as they found their true commonality. More please.

aego99xaego99xover 3 years ago
Beautiful Story

Well written, sensual, seductive. An outstanding read. Thank you for this and all of your stories.

warmandgentlewarmandgentleover 3 years ago
Another Great Ann D. story

I have been a fan for over 20 years, and you never disappoint me. This story had richly developed characters and was never rushed. The build up was perfectly timed and the result was satisfying to Alice and Miyoshi as well as myself. I agree with so many others that this story is worthy of continuing. Not your usual style, but I hope you will consider it.

chrissycamorechrissycamoreover 3 years ago
As Always Fantastic! Tab!!

Ann-

Great job, Would you consider a second chapter dealing with their workplace? Given the time frame it would be interesting, Also as devoted Tab drinker I appreciate the reference(Twice), it was with great saddest the Coke decided to stop producing it this past December(2020 was truly a bad year). Loved it with Gin.

Chris

517cg39@gmail.com

steppinontoessteppinontoesover 3 years ago

Another great story from Ann. Hope you have a continuation in mind on how they deal with the fallout.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fantastic!

Great story, well written, am going to look for more by Ann.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Fabulous Again

Oh what a tease. Such a build up released in the latter half and then that tease - "She knew her life had indisputably changed, in ways that would've been unimaginable only months before. A change that would not be without cost, but one well worth it."

It's definitely worth a sequel - but will there be one???

Another great, sympathetic enjoyable story.

BillyslateBillyslateover 3 years ago

Magnificently Written!

Have read virtually 100% of your posted stories, and "Flower of Desire" is certainly among the best for me. I really enjoyed the exquisite relationship development, following Alice & Miyoshi's 2nd lunch together. My only complaint is the story was too brief, as I would have immensely enjoyed reading another 3 or 4 pages.

Rated 5*-Stars & Please Please Write Another Chapter🎉!!

Ann DouglasAnn Douglasover 3 years agoAuthor

As I try and do with each new story, I would again like to thank all those who took the time to write a few words about it, be in here on Literotica or via email. Your comments are greatly appreciated and make the effort worthwhile.

As anyone who had read the comments can see, the predominant request in them seems to be for a continuation of the story. I'm afraid that I have to say that's not going to happen. Like just about everything else that I've written, Flower of Desire was meant to be a stand-alone story and what might happen after 'The End' is up to the reader's imagination.

The reason for my reluctance to continue the adventures of Alice and Miyoshi are several. First, I actually have a really short attention span and there comes a point where I lose interest in a story in favor of a new idea. I've lost track of how many tales over the years have been put aside for that reason. Some unfinished stories get incorporated into newer ones, whole others are abandoned, perhaps to be readdressed at a later date, or simply deleted. Flower of Desire actually fell into the first two categories as it was a quite different story when I first started thinking about it many years ago, both in the nature of the characters and the perspective of the story.

The second reason I don't like to do sequels, at least not direct ones, is that I suck at it. It's as simple as that. I cant explain why I'm so bad at it, but will fall back on that short attention span.

I give a great deal of credit to authors who can write multi-part stories or countless adventures of one set of characters. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them.

Again, thank you all for reading and especially for taking the time to comment.

alexwatson62alexwatson62almost 3 years ago

Yet another great offering with the now expected elements balanced to perfection.

This one particularly piqued my interest though with the mention of the BEST book ever written and the WORST film adaptation ever.

I assume you have read Raise The Titanic, and hopefully some of Cusslers other tales, especially Vixen 03 which is another fantastic book. In fact all of his books are good, especially the earlier NUMA ones, but I digress ....

.... you are one of the half dozen authors who`s works I eagerly watch out for, and read as soon as they appear.

I have never been disappointed and I understand your reasoning in leaving "the future" up to the hopes and imagination of the individual reader, although I will freely admit that one or two stories I do wish there had been a continuation for purely selfish reasons.

Long may you continue to write and thank you for all of your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved the story! Well written, erotic, arousing!

shayneoneshayneoneover 2 years ago

as the title says you delivered a good story you do a lot with a short attention span i look forward to reading more stories be well happy and safe a fan shayne

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyalmost 2 years ago

A marvelous warm cute heartfully love romance ...... Just 4 pages but felt like a little book ..... Need to use your sentence! . "That was ... extraordinary. You are extraordinary."

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖🍀💋

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

This the first story of yours I have read, but it certainly won't be the last!

You have great writing skills. I love women and love the gentle eroticism of lesbian stories. It is how I prefer to make love, not just have pounding sex! I don't care for most descriptions of MW sex.

BiologoBiologo5 months ago

I can’t decide if the quote that follows represents a subtle joke—a throwaway really—or a logical hole. You seem too smart for the latter, yet your characters give no hint that they’re in on the joke. With Myoshi’s routine immersion in the time difference she would have no difficulty hearing the absurdity in Alice’s question about the ball game. Yet we haven’t encountered this sort of silly buggers sense of humor in Alice before, so one is left wondering.

Your pal,

Phileas Fogg

‘“It's already tomorrow there, isn't it?"

"Yes, there is a seventeen-hour difference," Miyoshi confirmed.

"Well, do you think your mother could tell me how the Padres are going to make out against the Expos tonight?" Alice smiled.

Miyoshi also smiled, her mood restored.‘

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAnn Douglas@Ann Douglas
I'm an average wife and mother, well, maybe not so average, who likes to write Erotica. I'm not a professional writer. In fact, until I tried writing my first story in the early 90s, I hadn't written anything longer than a letter since high school 20 years before. I like ...