All Comments on 'Flyover Country Ch. 01'

by Longhorn__07

Sort by:
  • 119 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wow!

Why did you wait for so long? Back with a vengeance, I'd say. Five damn stars, for sure.

Bebop3Bebop3almost 5 years ago
Welcome Back, Mr. Horn

It's great to see some new fiction from you gracing Literotica.

I look forward to chapter two and many new stories in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Just like she said.

Randi said you were going to post a story, and here it is. It's a hell of a story, so far. Can't wait to see the rest. RPL

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 5 years ago
Yay!! Longhorn is back.

Say, I always meant to ask. Is that a really long horn? It has been too long, my friend. It's always a great day when one of the OGs post a new story. Yeet!

Now, suppose after completing this great story, and it is epic, you got to read another great story by Longhorn__07 in August, along with a story from Qhml1, Flavian, DQS1, GaryAPB, DTIverson, Ohio and a whole set of stories by authors of that quality? How about a story from the authors of all but nine of the top 50 stories in LW history? Fun! Great reading, just like this. Charming characters, compelling plots, and nary a cuck or a gruesome murder to be found. Gonna be sick nasty. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
" It's a damn long time between drinks"

Welcome Back! Your story telling has been missed 5 stars on your new tale

yehudi

KeyLargofanKeyLargofanalmost 5 years ago
Great start to the day

I have something to look forward to in the coming days,welcome back and thank you.

Dougrob0121Dougrob0121almost 5 years ago
Still got it, then

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Holy fuck

Longhorn is back!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Entertaining

Okay, where are you going with this? I'll keep reading.

Are there really women as witless as Faye?

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 5 years ago
There was a guy in Bullitt County Kentucky who, . . .

. . . upon seein’ one of them drone thingies hoverin’ an’ takin’ pitchers of his 16 year old daughter layin’ out by th’ pool, grabbed his shotgun an’ shot the thing down. That was the first thing I thought of when I was reading the drone part.

The part I found most incongruous was Matt actually holding when he was told, “Hold for Mr Wingate.” That was absolutely not part of the personality you set up for him. Me? I’d hang up if I had some minion call and tell me, “Hold for President Trump.” That, to me, is the rudest thing anyone can do.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 5 years ago
Granny and the Ceeement pond

Second to none, but equal only to Barney, Goober, and Gomer in the annals of television comedy. Oh yeah, and the Darlings/Dillards too, oh, and Lester and Earl!

Great to read new work from you. Many thanks.

deblackbusterdeblackbusteralmost 5 years ago
Didn't think I would ever read a new story from Longhorn_07 again

This was like a full on story and more for most authors. I am ready for more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Agreed, about time you got back to writing LW stories

looking forward to the next chapter!

ps THANKS RANDI glad to see your post the other day was accurate:-)

ian0452ian0452almost 5 years ago

I just love your sense of humour definitely one of your best thank you

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 5 years ago
We can be upset at Longhorn__07 for taking time off, or

we can be grateful he is back posting great stories for us to read. I choose the latter. Welcome back! This is some seriously good writing. The story is finished and posted. You will enjoy it

I'm excited about the return of Longhorn and look forward to his story for the August event proposed by qhml1. CLIT is bringing the mail. It delivers! All you need do is sit back and enjoy the fruits of its labor,

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsalmost 5 years ago
Super story.

Please no backsliding!

Betrayal deserves total punishment! Forgivness is for children who make mistakes. Betrayal is never a mistake! It is a planned action designed purely to benefit the betrayer.

As much destruction as possible for as long as possible! Let them think it's finished then hit them again. Let death be the only way out,

Animefan2929Animefan2929almost 5 years ago
Wow

Been a long time! I’m enjoying this one. Keep at it. Will be on the lookout for more

kiteareskitearesalmost 5 years ago
Decent enough start

But I'll hold off until further chapters before rating.

Confused that such a sharp mind didn't pick up that Taylor had the idea of the recompense, that Taylor was dictating what Faye would do with her pussy. I'd have like to have seen that cross examined more, but I guess as it wasn't I'm reading too much into it. Would liked to have seen some righteous vengeance meted out on Mr & Mrs Asswipe, we can only assume they lost their jobs too. And it would have been Faye who needed to sue for sexual harassment and unfair dismissal, did she?

I wonder if the first 3 pages were even worth it. I was married for 3 years, she cheated on me, I divorced her leaving us both with very little and my foster parents gave me their ranch while they went off touring the US. And that is where we were when Numbnutz called.

Not bad to start with though, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I am glad your drone

wasn't a "reaper" or the story would not have had time to develop... it would have been a 750 word flash story and ended with a blast at the pool!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Anonymous

Glad your back! Great first chapter. Five stars all the way!

JayDiverJayDiveralmost 5 years ago
Thanks.

Thanks for the story, and I'm glad to see you're back writing for this site. I've always enjoyed your writing and this story is included in that. Looking forward to the rest of the series, and again...

Thanks for the story. 5's

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984almost 5 years ago

Great return looking forward to the rest.

dinkymacdinkymacalmost 5 years ago
Super!

Thanks for sharing.

jakie1jakie1almost 5 years ago
Thank You!

glad you are back, waiting for your next post.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Minor error. Nicely written story

DEFCON counts from 5 to 1 not 1 to 5. Common error.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
Dang, that was good! 5*****

That was a lot of fun. I really can't believe a loyal wife goes over the edge and becomes that insincere overnight, so he married poorly and was well off to be rid of her.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 5 years ago
Hahaha!

I haven't even read it yet but with "drone" in the description, I already know I'm going to like this one!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Thoughts

"At least, I could do these things in my professional life—unfortunately, not so much in my private life." - In his defense, he's probably looking for double-dealing and deceit in his professional life; in his private life, not so much.

She's maybe not making BIG bucks, but he seems to have a pretty high-power job, why are things tough?

", you could have me and Brianna both—or just one of us alone—if you wanted it that way ... and for three months, Taylor couldn't have anyone but his wife, to make up for the time you lost..." - THREE months! They've been doing it for three months? You could MAYBE get by a single incident, but in three months it NEVER occurred to them to include him?

I liked his points about her basically giving up some rights to her body when they got married, and that HE has the right not to stay married to her now that she has reasserted her "rights."

"Bygones be bygones?" - Heh, my counter-offer would be that I get Brianna for three months while she and shithead do without for three months, the Brianna and shithead get lost.

Um, exposing the affair sure as shit won't save the marriage, and maybe getting her fired won't help the divorce settlement.

NO, he has no standing to sue the company! SHE has a sexual harassment suit since Henning is her superior.

They have NO equity in the house? They have their down payment, and at least small principal payments each month, and most real estate has been appreciating in value the past few years.

Loved the negotiations!

Just wondering where the story will go now. I wondered when the marriage crashed and burned so early Ch 1 of a four chapter story. It's obviously going to be much more

than a cheating wife story!

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 5 years ago
Now that was worth the visit to Literotica today!

A finely crafted story. And the good guy came out ahead.

NipplesandwineNipplesandwinealmost 5 years ago
Man I hope the new writers

Read this an see what a skill you have . Welcome back you have been missed .Thanks for a very good read!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great story!

Glad to have something worth reading again!! Superb!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great Start

Pity the protagonist turned out to be such a conceited idiot at the end. As he said he was both petty and childish. I'm surprised Sherry didn't kick him in the balls-he sure needed it!.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Well, hot damn.

We got all the standard cliches here. Wife who likes fucking lots of men and is too dumb to tie her own shoes? Check! Smart and decisive husband who leaves his old life behind and falls face first into a ton of money? Check! You haven’t told us he’s a special ops ninja yet, but I suspect that’s coming in part 2.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 5 years ago
Great start

You still got it. Welcome back to LW. Thanks.

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2almost 5 years ago
welcome back

great beginning

please whatever you do no reconciliation with the ex ... it would ruin this magnificent piece of work

can`t wait for the rest of this story

ctdansctdansalmost 5 years ago
loved it

Thank you for writing. I would love more background on the wife as in why all of a sudden she changed to want threesomes or swinging and her huge bad attitude She never answered his question on who filled her head with that crap. Also who says this was it or the only time (the 3 mos). She was also very quick to accept the divorce by going DIY and just accepting. She lost her job so even though he was quoting she could have been a bitch and went for some support. Doesn't really matter who was the cheater.

Looking forward for the next parts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Welcome back

And starting off with a bang. Would have ecpected nothing less.

AutistAdventurerAutistAdventureralmost 5 years ago
Welcome back indeed!

And with a bang, not a whimper. I look forward to the other three sections.

BigJohn601BigJohn601almost 5 years ago
Wow....looks like this story will not disapoint.

Glad to have one of my favorites back. Thanks for your story.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
Great Story... Not Crazy About The Whole Wingate Part

First, it was a great how there was a contrast made between the MC's marriage to Faye, and that of Thom and his wife. For Thom and his wife their marriage was the central aspect of their lives (along with their "son") and everything else revolved around that; whereas, for the MC and Faye marriage was only one aspect of their lives. Faye didn't seem that bothered by the marriage falling apart, and honestly it didn't seem to bother the MC that much either. Neither seemed to have that deep love Thom and his wife have. You know if Thom and his wife lost one another (to cheating, death, illness, whatever) they would have been much more profoundly effected than the MC and Faye seem to have been by the loss of the other.

The whole Wingate part was silly and takes away from a great story. I know it will do well with the blue collar crowd readers. At the end he tells Wingate that he shouldn't assume things about Texas drawl; essentially, that Wingate shouldn't stereotype. But isn't that exactly what he did though? He decided to play that way with Wingate before he had spoken a single word with the man. He had stereotyped how Wingate would be before he had spoken one word with him. Now, I would understand if he had been an uneducated rancher making assumptions about educated executives. But he came from that world himself and had an MBA. Why did he have such disdain for someone from that world before he had spoken word one to him? Second, in business negotiations when dealing with a stronger counter party is like facing a larger predator in nature. You want to make yourself seem as large as possible. In this case that you understand the intricacies as well as the other party (when in this case he wouldn't because it wasn't the industry he had expertise in).

This story has Death Of A Salesman parallel theme to it, and wonder if it's heading in that direction further. About what is important in life. Pursuit of "material success" or is it of pursuing what truly makes one happy. The difference between both marriages was one of the contrasts offered between each pursuit. His leaving the corporate world, and I'm assuming to pursue a more simpler life pursuing his core values.

However, if this story goes that route, you're taking the easy way out. While I haven't read Death Of A Salesman in decades and could be wrong, that one takes the harder road. To take the core values road, shunning material success is much easier when you've won the lottery (in this case the oil money). It's much harder to give up the material world when one has the real opportunity to acquire material success (like he does having an MBA and a good corporate job) and turning your back on it to pursue your real passions which may not have material success attached to them. Obviously, this story may lead elsewhere. Still very interested in where it goes.

I'm obviously making assumptions here having read only a quarter of the story.

Definitely 5 stars, even with the Wingate part :).

green117green117almost 5 years ago
Good to see you back -

You have an unmistakable voice when it comes to exposition on relationships.

The only thing that kinda caught my ear, as it were, as it went by - I'm not sure that a "fixer" of such standing as our hero would mention the "would have taken half" thing... best to let the language lesson serve. The possible push back from the buyers would be much less angry, much slower to be seen.

But! You are the writer, and I am happy to be given the story to appreciate!

Green-something

("Sun Coast Petroleum" in all of the quotation marks seems to be a red... something. Sherry also seems to be too good to be true. Much tasty plotting coming, I reckon...)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Gonna be a great ride!

Wellcum baak, sun! Ewewuz missed.

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoalmost 5 years ago
as always, fantastic and a 5!

love your work! plain and simple, so glad you are writing again.

so, what ever happened to Faye and the two douchebags? any sequels?

more please!!!

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 5 years ago
Jumpin’ Jehosaphat!

So much in so little.

Good to read your prose once again.

Looking forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Returning in Style

Good, long story. Hope this will be as interesting as most of your earlier work.

Thanks,

T.T.

JONZDOGJONZDOGalmost 5 years ago
Welcome back

Fool me once is a favorite story of mine.

leviayersleviayersalmost 5 years ago

glad your back at it. it's nice reading tales from my home turf again 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Welcome Back.....Good Start

It’s good to see one of the best coming back to write.

Your story has a great start and I’m looking forward to the rest.

DFWBeastDFWBeastalmost 5 years ago
Thank you

Always blown away by your ability to tell a story! My thanks to you, HDK and Randi for bringing back one of my favorite authors. So very much appreciated!

Killian

SkibumSkibumalmost 5 years ago
Welcome back!

Thanks for posting what promises to be a great read. I have thoroughly enjoyed your previous work, and I hope that this return heralds even more.

FD45FD45almost 5 years ago
Wond’rin where yuh gits to from heeah foh FOH pahts

He is divorced, rich and nailing Paralegals.

What else is there for male happiness but a dog, the blood of one’s enemies and the lamentations of his women?

Well, porn of course...

I are innerested

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@Anonymous R: "You want to know how the story ends."

Um, since he has already divorced her, and is apparently already got a new honey, it can hardly be cuck or RAAC. Now MAYBE if he ends up back with Faye but that would only marginally be reconciliation, not RAAC.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanalivealmost 5 years ago
FINALLY

You have come back. Thanks. Ready for Ch.2.

FenmeisterFenmeisteralmost 5 years ago
So glad you are writing again!

One of my favourite writers,.

Still a cut above most, really enjoyed this first part, please keep writing.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmalmost 5 years ago
Loved it

Nothing as good as modem technology.

abitshyoneabitshyonealmost 5 years ago
a long first episode,

i love a long story,, as long as its a good one, and this is shaping up just perfect,, I hope it continues, , I loved it, that's a great way to rid yourself of a cheating bitch,, looking forward to the next instalment,, thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Damn!

Now I know how a trout feels as it is being played by a crafty fly fisherman. Wating for the next tug on the line...I mean chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Gentrified

I was afraid you'd move'd to San Francisco or some uppity place like that or heaven forbid, died. Welcome back from San Antonio. Still looking for that little cafe a few miles out of town, didn't see you at Golden Corral last Friday. Good story, keep'm coming. Signed: BTW

KRD19254KRD19254almost 5 years ago

"This is a gooder" as Walter Brennan would say....

So are we about to see Part 2 with Sherry becoming Mrs. Matt Singletary #2 failing fidelity, then Part 3 another failed Mrs. 3, with Part 4, Mrs. successful???

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 5 years ago
Sending compromising photos

Good way to get tangled in a law suit. Other than that, cut the ties that bind, be fair in the dissolution of the marriage, get on with life. Revenge is mine, saeth the lord...good advice 2,500 years ago, true today.

look forward to the rest of the story

Chilleywilley

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
hmm...

I'm not sure that this needs to go any farther. Unless he marries Sherry and she cheats on him also...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
It was interesting until it wasn't

The part where he caught the wife cheating and got divorced was a good story, but it should have ended there. The nonsense with the ranch was like a whole new story with new characters. The fake accent got old two paragraphs in and rapidly became nauseating. 3 more parts of this? I don't think i can take it.

Boring and pointless.

tennmactennmacalmost 5 years ago
A good day

There are a handful of writers that can make my whole day by posting a new story, and to have a new one from a writer so valued and so long absent can make an entire week. Good to see you back with such an excellent beginning.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Great story

So glad to see you back. This was a great to what I hope will be a.lot of good reading. Your stuff is always top notch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Crasherotica Strikes Again

Someone should put a sign up around here:

"Danger! Danger! Parents Of Literotica Protagonists. Your Death Is Immanent! Please Say Prayers And Complete Your Last Will And Testament"

It's uncanny. They're droppin' like flies.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Sounds like ya'll havin fun. Looking foward to the rest of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Hillbilly Defense Fund....Damn Not Given

A little overboard with the vernacular...uh, transliteration. He claimed Mr. Wingate was a pompous ass. Where was that part? Don't remember Wingate being pompous. Was that supposed to be a forgone conclusion?

The other thing that this reader found quite tedious was the protagonists over-the-top wailing and gnashing of teeth at his slut wife's betrayal. It wasn't a 20 year marriage. No kids. All the capital letters and the haranguing! It just went on too too toooo long. She definitely deserved what she got, but it's hard to give a damn about a three year old marriage.

One assumes he was going to string out the mineral rights thing with all sorts of intrigue and contractual/legal shenanigans and finally become a gazillionaire, but apparently a couple million was enough.

Anyway, this is a great writer whose contributions have always been appreciated by this reader. Will continue reading. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Your writing has been very much missed around here. Long live the king!

Thanks for the story. Looking forward to the next chapter. Y'all come back now, ya hear?

Cog

schulz777schulz777almost 5 years ago
yeeees

he is baaack

Longhorn, what took you so long ?????

5starrs

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Comments

@Anonymous Re: "Crasherotica Strikes Again" - "Parents death imminent?" His birth parents are long dead, his adoptive parents are alive and well.

@Anonymous Re: "Hillbilly Defense Fund....Damn Not Given" - Wingate was a pompous ass for using the "Please hold for Mr. Wingate" BS. I could have done with less of the vernacular, but I can't see how it could be done.

bruce22bruce22almost 5 years ago
Good to see you posting again!

Nice opener. Let's see some more cards.....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Welcome back

I have some problems with the first chapter.MAt was corporate director of operations 29 yrs old .married 3 years. Had to be making big bucks. He bought his wife a 60k Lexus. Had a home with no equity . So why the struggling . He should have been well off. Faye was a slut and the divorce was amicable. Where did his money go. He had at least 7 years of earnings.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
@Sbrooks103x

You said, "Wingate was a pompous ass for using the 'Please hold for Mr. Wingate' BS."

Really, for an executive to use his time wisely is pompous? Do you think when a leader of another country calls the US president, or visa versa they're just picking up the phone and dialing, holding till the other leader comes on the phone, and if they happen to be busy, they keep calling back till they get them? Do you think when one CEO of a Fortune 500 company calls another CEO, they make the calls themselves? Yes, I realize Trump may be an exception to this rule, but I'm discounting a narcissist.

Only people without demanding careers where they have to be efficient would be insulted and not understand. The MC in this story was supposed to come from that background so his reaction is not consistent with that background.

Yes, the secretary gets hold of the other's secretary. In this case he didn't have one, so he got the call directly. The MC's time was obviously not that valuable as he wasted a hundred fold playing his game than he would have waiting for Wingate to come to the phone.

StormKing33StormKing33almost 5 years ago
5* Master Story Writer

Good to have him writing again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
after all, it's only been twelve years since I last posted a cheating wife story.

but you dont post cheating wife stories

You post multi chapter piles of shit that start out strong but turn into RAACs making the husband a no dicked cuck who puts up with the cheating slut because he never had any balls to begin with

patilliepatilliealmost 5 years ago
Not up to some of your other stuff, but 4*

Just seemed a little talky, a little over the top, I mean married short time and he is all bent out of shape? I mean sure it is a betrayal, but damn no kids, stilll y oung, not the same as betrayal at 50 when your prowess is declining and you will owe a shit ton of $$$ for years to the cheating spouse.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@Anonymous 06/19/19 Re: Cheating Wives

As many lately seem to do, you confuse "RAAC" with "Reconciliation." This story may very well end with he and Faye reconciling, but it CAN'T be RAAC, Reconciliation At Any/All Cost!

He has divorced her, he has moved on, he is doing well. IF he reconciles with her, it will be on his own terms.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
God I hate these stories.

The guy catches her cheating, burns her and then becomes a multimillionaire. Next he'll snag at least one over the top beautiful sex goddess to have wild monkey sex with. Finally he will meet THE perfect woman, get married again and have 2 perfect children, a girl and a boy of course. At least try to make the story somewhat believable.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
Enjoyed it

Wouldn’t trust the girl though

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
We got one of those Do-It-Yourself divorces, since neither of us could actually afford a lawyer.

Really? He is THE top trouble shooter for a multi company conglomerate with the authority to recommend the firing of CE(x) positions in the companies scattered across the country that he audits and he cant afford a lawyer?

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 5 years ago
Enjoyable

Nicely written. Looking forward to the other chapters.

Your division point is odd, continuing after the divorce. That seemed the logical point, but that's just me.

Bit strange that they had little money when divorcing, but then it was explained that they had overextended their credit with house and car.

Shame him meeting a good bit of crumpet in the first chapter, could have waited.

At least the btb was not overly excessive.

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 5 years ago
Great story so far!

I can truly relate to his pretense of being an ignorant, uneducated person. I've used that device quite a few times and quite successfully at that. Five Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
DON'T KNOW IF....

There was enough punishment for the cheating slut and her fuck buddies. And it would have been fun to hear about them experiencing the shame and all the backlash from their own actions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Independent Contractors

Real Estate agents are self-employed contractors, and as such are not employees of the agency. Therefore you cannot hold the agency liable for any actions of the agents, unless you can show that they were following company guidelines in pursuing their malfeasance.

Also, Real Estate agents aren't ever on the clock, because they work straight commission, not hourly. What they do and when they do it, is up to each agent, so this woman was not "on the clock", as you so put it.

It really doesn't work, this story.

The last thing that needs attention, is the destruction of the drone--which was a vital piece of evidence for any courtroom proceedings.

None of what you wrote makes much sense.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Read what was written

In response to the comment on 4/7/20, it was in the story that at least one of the philanderers was a manager and the wife was a subordinate to them. So yes they would likely be employed by the company. Workplace harassment, alienation of affection et al applies. Ditto the work hours and opening and closing of an office. The story also sets up the drone as wireless with remote viewing camera. Hence he saw everything in real time and the footage was recorded onto other medium. The video shot does not need provenance to be damning or admissible unless it would be alleged to be illegally obtained.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 4 years ago
Stupid asine crap

I stopped reading on p. 3, because there was no point to reading anything further. I don't waste time on useless crap and this was it.

First, I generally start questioning any story where the injured spouse takes steps to have his wife fired from her job. That is suicidal stupidity, because all that means is the the injured spouse will end up paying alimony because the cheating spouse is not employed. How stupid can you be.

Second, when the story started talking about suing the employer, I completely stopped. Guess what you stupid assholes, there is no such thing as alienation of affection liability as a practical matter, and an injured spounse cannot sue the cheating spouse's employer. This is just typical garbage that is found in stories that repeat standard plotlines even though they have no basis in reality.

I recognize that ayuthors have the right to publish what they want, but I have the right to crap on the story because I wasted time reading the first 3 pages.

TrollTureTrollTurealmost 4 years ago
Lots of negative waves here I see ...

I'm not from the US so can't really comment on the legalities, but I have a few comments on the story.

Taylor Hemmings was mentioned early in the story, and several times later too, in a manner that suggested that we should know who he was, but it took a long time before we were told who he actually was and that he worked at the same company as the wife.

The other thing is that Defcon 5 actually means ... peace! No cocked pistols at all I'm afraid. What the author probably meant is Defcon 1, which means a shooting war.

Otherwise I rather liked it! 4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

It's pretty good but if polyamory bothers you, well you know where it ends up

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Too many all caps

The excessive use of all caps is pretty cringe. Also your characters talk like they're ten year old children.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Why

Why did he not ask Faye why she did it and how she got seduced?.Also having quit work what did he do for money.

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
Mineral Rights

Maybe I misunderstood why the ranch was being sold. Normally an oil company leases mineral rights for a property. The mineral lease gives the oil company the right to drill for oil or gas within a specified time period (length of the lease). The property owner is entitled to negotiated property damages from the drilling operation. I may have missed it, but mineral rights were not mentioned.

This is a detail that distracted from an otherwise excellent story. Still good enough for 5*.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
I'll Give It A 5

Good start from an accomplished author. Cannot comment on any technicalities but it all flowed well for me.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

Let's give her a BIG benefit of the doubt, that none of them thought about including him (Yes, I know, the DID think of it, but knew that he wouldn't do it, but play along for a minute). She/they didn't think of it after the first time? The first week? The first MONTH? The only reason they're thinking about it now it because they got caught.

/

As for the deal, the big difference is that he was kept in the dark for three months, while Taylor knows about, and is agreeing to Matt's three months. It's not like they all got together and said, "I get the girls for the first month. then you get them for the second month," so they ALL know what's going on. Hey, maybe give each girl a month with both guys!

/

"WHY DON'T YOU GROW UP MATT!" - Oh, do I hate this one! Like those of us who believe in fidelity are immature.

/

I know it's been said before, but he has NO case against the company. The had no knowledge, complicity or approval of the affair. THEY have a case against the cheaters for charging the company wasting company time, though she doesn't make much anyway. SHE might have a sexual harassment suit since Taylor's her supervisor.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

what's with all the nit picking? The story flows well the wife comes across as 'you've got to be kidding me' kind of person whenever she opens her mouth. Posting the pictures and VID were great cause nobody would believe it if they heard it. Dealing with land ale was fun and he winds up with girl cause she was the smartest one of the bunch. Good story

rodryder44rodryder44almost 3 years ago

I’m lost. Is this 68,000 page story about a divorced man, or a con man?

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesalmost 3 years ago

The drone was a fun device to catch a cheating wife. Much more entertaining than the old coming home unexpectedly and seeing a strange car in the driveway. Plus, it cleverly ties into several meanings of "flyover country" -- the America between the coasts, and of course the meant-to-be-secret scene captured by the drone.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Stopped at this usual lazy writing stupidity "I DID IT BECAUSE I COULD AND BECAUSE I WANTED TO!" She took a deep breath and glared at me. "This is MY body," she continued, making a sweeping hand gesture down her torso. "I ... JUST ME ... DAMN YOU! I'm the only one who ... gets to say who does what to my body and nobody else!

Its the usual drivel written by someone who cant think of anything on their own and just copy everyone else crap. Though I was going to get a good story but it being cliche city I stopped wasting my time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ah jist luvs it a southern twang wif a lil bit hibilly. sumtimes a lil bit hahd to decifr but alus fun, an dis waz pretty gud fun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

got sum raght idjitlike critiks whinin an critikin an needin splainin on this yar stury

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous