FOC - Uleni's Gamble 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They moved in closer with about fifty of them keeping their rifles pointing at the top of the wall on either side of the fire. A few of the enemy popped up enough to shoot arrows and got shot for their trouble, except they were able to release a volley, and they were too close to the wall now for the arrows to be deflected enough by the wind. Several soldiers cried out as they took an arrow.

He rushed to heal the ones he could, but a number of them took arrows to a mortal area and died before he could get to them. He prayed it wouldn't get too bloody for them as Anton gave the order.

"Charge! Get through the hole and get some of our men on that wall."

It was a fierce fight, most of the first men that made it through the wall were killed from arrows, both from the side streets and from up on the wall. But the enemy was severely outnumbered now and fell from air bullets and sharp objects the telekinesis talents sent. One of the soldiers had the idea to use the mines he had made for grenades instead, tossing them around the corners of buildings, taking out the enemies hidden there.

They lost another five hundred men to the defenders that day, leaving just over thirteen hundred left. They had lost more than they killed, but it was still a relatively low butcher's bill considering they were attacking a fortified city. That didn't mean he didn't hate every one of their losses.

There was no way he could defeat Riese at hand to hand combat, he had his rifle and they moved toward the palace. Really, since the god of war had given Riese knowledge and experience on fighting, he didn't think any of them realistically could come close to killing him in a contest of arms.

Riese did not make them come after him though, when they got close to the castle, Riese came out and dropped a challenge, "Flame, I challenge you to a duel to the death."

Having no reason to do so, he was about to lift his rifle and end it, when he heard Ross, standing next to him answer the challenge.

---

Ross boomed, "You will fight me kingslayer!"

The hiss of steel calmed him as he pulled two blades.

Riese laughed and said, "Do you truly believe you can fight me Ross? You're talent with weapons is useless fighting me."

Ross chuckled. "Fool, did you think I was the best swordsman in Uleni by depending on my talent? I let it guide and teach me, not control me. I demand satisfaction, I challenge you over the murder of our king."

Riese looked taken back and honestly curious when he asked, "Why? That fool had dangerous ideas, plans to change our most sacred laws."

Ross said as he walked toward Riese, blades ready, "My sister was a sweet kid. Beautiful, and not an angry bone in her body. She was also a witch and I loved her dearly. So you see, the king not getting a chance to change those laws is exactly the reason I am going to kill you now."

Ross attacked Riese with stunning speed and agility. His swords were nothing but a blur. But Riese was keeping up, every block, parry, and dodge perfectly done. They felt rage for each other but controlled it, both perfectly focused. They seemed perfectly matched in skills and as the fight drew on he wondered if he would tire first. Riese had both augmented strength and stamina that he could not boast.

Then Riese screamed in anger and started attacking recklessly. He wondered if he would have lost, had Riese not left his sanity behind long ago. Giving in to his anger was the beginning of Riese's defeat. But whether it was the fool's reckless anger, or just random chance that killed the fool, he would probably never know.

Riese slightly stumbled on a medium sized rock, throwing one arm wide to regain his balance.

It was more than enough of an opening for Ross to finish things. He drove a blade into Riese's chest and while dodging around a desperate stab he brought his other blade whistling around severing Riese's head in one powerful blow...