All Comments on 'Fool Me Once'

by Longhorn__07

Sort by:
  • 646 Comments
SalamisSalamisover 18 years ago
In awe...

Hmmph, what can I say? I gave you 3 hours of my life and got a joyous treat in return. It was fair trade. This was a wonderful tale. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wow!!!

Another wonderful story! As good as Obsession, Requital and Separate Life which are all outstanding stories.

Boyd

MacDukeMacDukeover 18 years ago
Long Way to Go

Not your best, Longhorn. It was a long, long, long way to go with a dishonest plan that was impossible, considering he would have had to change the password at least once a week and prove it to his supervisor. Please go back to giving us more hot sex and less wildly disproportionate punishment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
There is no way

I'm even going start reading it again. I got so into it the last time that I couldn't stop reading. It cost me me damn near half a day. But if you haven't read it, take your time to do it the justice it deserves. This isn't a tale to try and skim through.

Great story my friend, and a damn good read.

DC

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
A great investment of my time

That was a great story masterfully told. I marvel at the amount of time and effort that went into this spellbinding tale of greed and revenge.

Congratulations on a well deserved E.

Venus_in_FursVenus_in_Fursover 18 years ago
wow

that was awesome, I am so glad I spent the time reading that.

dave_magicdave_magicover 18 years ago
Now that was incredible

This story was the best I have read here and was shocked when I seen how many pages there were, But here I am reading this for over 2 1/2 hours and I could not put this down. Even though I knew the flow this story was going I had to play it out. Fantastic and really nothing harmful was written.

Being a product of the 60s, I too look for justice in the world and foster that. This story confirmed that.

Thank you for your talent and a very good story.

photographerphotographerover 18 years ago
Wow!

One of the best I have ever read here on Lit - and I have read a hell of a lot!!!

Well done and I sincerely hope that all the praise you get for this one will inspire you to give us some more outstanding stories to enjoy.

Regards

"Photo"

photographerphotographerover 18 years ago
Wow!

One of the best I have ever read here on Lit - and I have read a hell of a lot!!!

Well done and I sincerely hope that all the praise you get for this one will inspire you to give us some more outstanding stories to enjoy.

Regards

"Photo"

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Amazing

Please don't stop writing. I have read all of your offerings so far and i am deeply impressed with the depth and development of your story lines and characters. Your stories have also helped in my personal life, and for that I will be eternally grateful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very deserving of

the E and more. You have such skills and imagination, the story catches the attention and holds it through the entire time it took me to read it. I found myself thinking about what could catch them up, rooting for them and rooting against the bank and the adulterers. Very impressive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great !

Thanks for this wonderful story and that you did not keep us waiting for several chapters written over several days/weeks. You should be writing professionally! I don't usually enjoy fiction, but your writing are the exception.

Thanks again..

Bob

DG HearDG Hearover 18 years ago
Fantastic story

It was such a great story. Just so long. I wish it was in book form so I could read a few chapters and then come back later. Once I started reading it I had to stay with it. Totally professional writing.

Withe the highest of regards

Dg Hear

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very Enjoyable

Enjoyed the story completely. Very good development of characters and situations. Never expected to read such a well written, well thought out story in this forum. I believe you should bend your talents to books and such. Thank you for a most enjoyalbe read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Ho, Hum! What else is new?

Another great story from Longhorn - dare we expect anythng less?

I've read this twice now and it was even better the second time. The first read, was just that: I read the story. The second read I took the time to savor the nuances built into the story.

Great imagination. Certainly as good as anything else on this site.

Eagerly await your next effort.

DJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great story writing!

This story took me 3 hours to read, but I couldn't stop reading it. I've read your other stuff, and think your're one of the best writers on literotica. Thanks, can't wait for your next effort. Daluent in Fresno,ca.

Blue88Blue88over 18 years ago
Another Homerun

Great story, masterfully told. My thanks to the author for an excellent read. You have the ability to pull the reader into the story and make the characters so very real. Again, my thanks for a great read.

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
great

Great story, very well done. Well written great plot... I could go on and on ..just a darn good story

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Loved it!

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Loved it! Great Job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Now This is a LITEROTICA Crown story!!!

It's not often I can say that a story has me hook line and sinker to follow it to the ending , one can only say THANK YOU for a great story PLEASE MORE!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
It is obvious that you spent a lot of work on

This story. Never dreasmed that I would be misty eyed after reading a story on Lit. Thank you veddy veddy much

kilcannonkilcannonover 18 years ago
Hats off pardner

speaking as a person who lives in a small Texas town with that big slab of concrete called I-10, I can say this...Texas has a new master story teller....

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A quality effort

Truly, one of the best submittals on this site.

A work of this nature may confuse those who check this website for the stroke stories but the characterizations and plot were well crafted.

Didn't think I would ever spend one sitting reading for 2.5 hours but the complexity of the artfully constructed "sting" (or is that STOMP) just drew me in.

I even enjoyed the legalese, showed a measure of research (or is it bitter experience?).

Well done, scion of the Lone Star State!

michaelwwmichaelwwover 18 years ago
great read

It was long but very entertaining, lots of twist and turns. YOu always seem to have a knack for good stories, KEEP UP THE GOOOD WORK

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 18 years ago
I would pay for this novel.

Thank you for a brilliant novel.

You are a great Author.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 18 years ago
Great story, but....

I'll have to be in the tiny minority when I complain a bit. First, there were too many typos, wrongwords, missing words, and just screwed up sentences for such an otherwise very high quality writing. The quality of the story demanded much better than that.

Second, I really have a problem with the Robin Hood theme. The heros of this story committed a major, major felony. Yet they were rewarded with wrecking the lives of the lovers and enjoying a happy "life ever after" themselves. I think that sets a new, and in my opinion a low, standard for this forum. The end does not justify the means.

Finally, didn't the author say when they began their stealth act that the wife, in her haste to hit the sack with her lover, forgot to set the home's security system? Then, during the trial, it was stated the house had no security system.

A very enjoyable read, but a very troubling ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
drag

this story is way to long and most of it talking about nothing, some things that had nothing to do with the plot

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
good story

Long story. :) My main problem would be with the whole, "ends justify the means" thing. Was the money they stole insured? Two wrongs don't make a right? Unbelievable parts.. but allowable in fiction I suppose(aka password security..horny idiots do stupid things..).

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
You get better each time

Your work gets better and the plot and the words are excellent. Keep them coming.

Tail End PeteTail End Peteover 18 years ago
Another feather in your cap for this one.

You covered all the pertinent bases very well and kept the story moving along at a decent speed. I will concur with the other comment about spelling and grammatical errors. They tend to detract from the story and cause interruptions in the flow.

allforallallforallover 18 years ago
A full story

You kept suspense even though your goal was obvious.

Thankyou

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Keep 'em coming

Enjoyable as always. I loved being able to read the whole story in one sitting instead of waiting days to see each post. No big deal on the errors. I've see them in published books where there is a whole team double checking before they are supposed to go to print. It's a credit to the story when those errors do not interrupt the enjoyment of the content.

sherlock40sherlock40over 18 years ago
This story was great. I loved it.

I didn't mind the length at all. I know it annoyed some of the readers, but it was just right to tell the story. I love how you have strong yet compassionate husband figures that don't put up with cheating spouse bullshit.

I do have a suggestion for anyone reading this story. Imagine this playing softly in the background: the "Mission Impossible" soundtrack. It makes it way better.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 18 years ago
Cream will rise to the top!

It has!

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 18 years ago
Good Story

I appreciate your description of how people (Carrie) can get totally screwed up and sucked into wierdness. Great revenge story.

Sandman1Sandman1over 18 years ago
All I can say is....

Perfect!

kydreamrkydreamrover 18 years ago
Long story but worth every minute it took to read!

Amazingly complex story with excellent character development and a very devious plot!

I must admit that the embezzlement scheme, while well developed, could have been omitted while leaving a very good story. More than anything the scheme made me a bit queasy about the story, and Ryan and Conseula were quite fortunate not to have had it blow up in their faces.

Still it lent a certain excitement to the story, and Longhorn managed to pull it's addition off without distracting attention from the main plot line.

All in all, a fine read indeed!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great Story!

I enjoyed your story completely. Length is not the issue it is economy of words. You used your many words to paint a very complete picture of the characters. I did find some points which seems to push reality:

1- You detailed this almost spy level of secrecy and security regarding their theft of 9 million dollars but then Ryan tell the two people who knew they were blameless of the crime that he did it! I thought that this was a very dumb thing to do and it may have placed Consuela and Belinda in danger.

After all, Carrie had almost a year to stew, hate and plot her revenge. Carrie had a reputation of being vicious so she could have taken a gun to shoot the two people who brought down her "perfect" life.

2- I realize that people can rationalize anything but the words in the story about not feeling guilty seem hollow. If the settlement had fell through Consuela would have used that money and Ryan was worried about the financial impact of the divorce on his company. When that much money is taken people are hurt - people lost confidence in bank, bank gets taken over, employees are down-sized out their jobs.

But it was a nice touch having the money being used to fight for freedom. I just did not buy the washing away of guilt (it seemed fantasy like). Why not creating accounts for Sean he is unaware of but upon investigation this money will be found?

3- It seemed that the reason Carrie cheated the first time (getting it on with her supervisor) was the same as the second time. A lot of good that counseling did since she fell back into the same pattern. Your description of her treatment of Ryan implies not just guilt-driven carping but outright disrespect for him. Recall Consuela's characteriztion of the affair as "Blatant." Carrie did not try to hide the affair from the people at work.

Bottom Line: Carrie was attracted to Sean's power and she considered Ryan a small time contractor. Her belittlement of Ryan to family and friends just shown how little she respected him.

A complex tale but well worth the read! Thanks!

SleeplessinMD

rgraham666rgraham666over 18 years ago
Didn't work for me

I had hoped with H and E's it would be good.

Wanted to like it, it's well written.

However, with the exception of Belinda I didn't find a single sympathetic character.

Sean and Carrie were cheaters and rather stupid people.

Ryan and Consuela were no better. I personally can't see how conspiracy, trespassing and fraud is better behaviour than adultery.

Well written, but really not my cup of tea.

EffectEffectover 18 years ago
Great story

Once again another winner by Longhorn. As for the trespassing, well they were sneaking into Ryan's house. Don't really see that as a crime, just shows how seriously messed up the situation was that he had to do that in his own home.

Looking forward to the next story like always.

stargazer_bardstargazer_bardover 18 years ago
Dude, you should really consider doing crime drama

Longhorn,

You sucked me in with your first story a long time ago. Your writing style has only improved since then. I have to say that I am uncomfortable with the theft of the money and casting the blame on the cheating pair, but only because it seems to be out of character for the injured parties. I will not say that little Belinda is the only sympathetic person in the story, but it is hard not to feel like her parents are a little bit slimy after all. A very good read tho, you should send some of this to a publisher and see if you can break into crime drama writing full time. Thank you for takin the time to share it here first! Well Done!

rooster1rooster1over 18 years ago
just keeps

getting better & better keep up the great work, enough sex & intrigue to keep rereading to find more details everytime.

FireFox59FireFox59over 18 years ago
Fanastic

writing Longhorn__07!!!! Looking forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wow nice pull...

I loved your story although it would have been nice.. towards the end for some connection from carrie to ryan after her prison sentence. I know there was not really a place.. but it would have made me like her in a strange way had she dropped any pretense of being a "brat" and coming on in a humble non aggressive way to the new couple.. it seemed she had accepted them as an item..and old wounds even hatred at this level.. could be healed a little...the epiloge with thier stories kinda just dropped off... I would have liked to see his face had she showed up at his door. Shrug, just an idea . Bah Great story! Bravo and props. I hate wimp men stories.. Its a trend in the newer generations of men as well, just shut up and take it and every thing gets better... like hell it does.. anyways. Thank you .

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
It's hard to care about characters....

....who behave like complete assholes.

charleybearcharleybearover 18 years ago
Great Story Longhorn

Well I finally managed to take the time to read this story. It's length made it difficult for me to take the time but now I am happy I did.

Somewhere in the middle of the investigation I knew that they would never use the money themselves. It wasn't ever about the money anyway so that was no surprise.

A minority of comments talk about the fact that Ryan and Consuela aren't any better than the cheaters. My read on that is SO WHAT? They got out of it what they wanted and that is all that matters. In real life I would agree, but this is a story and it makes for a damn good read this exact way.

My only complaint with Ryan is that he should never have taken her back after her first affair and this second affair never would have happened. But, again, it is a story and made for a good read.

Thank you so much for your great efforts. Your works are appreciated greatly.

Charleybear

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Such a wonderful story that....

I actually skipped the sex to see what happened next. Keep up the good work. Yeah, some of the actions taken were improbable, but that pretty much describes every story on this site; it is FANTASY people. To those bothered by typos and grammatical errors: shut up, you try writing something this long without making an error. For those of you who say they could not identify: the author chose to show that victims are often imperfect and vindictive people as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A WESTERN EXTRAVAGANZA

There is every thing here, from a gentle romance between two, bad on their luck (for now…), lonely people to the biggest bank robbery in Texas, and through there to the brink of a new crisis in South America…. They do say that every thing in Texas is in grand scale!

All and all, it made for a pleasant escapist reading, equal to a short novel I would read in an airport. I could close my eyes and think of some people I really hate, and wish on them all that happened to this cheating couple… Not that I ever plan on being one myself, but where bullets to the heads of adulteress is a strong nostalgic sentiment, I certainly would not want to fall on the wrong side of Mr. Ryan, under any circumstances, No sir!

Dare I say though, that the parts I liked most were the more intimate ones, like the relations between Ryan and the girl, or the description of the café. It just seems much more real than a grand scheme to rob a bank. Speaking of the perfect crime, how come no detective asked for an alibi from Ryan (or any disgruntled ex -employee who was close to the lover) for the times of the transactions which were all traceable through the use of the phone?

I appreciate your efforts in writing on a big scale, with many characters over a long period of time, to create a story that kept me reading despite (or because?) cultural differences. I had to wince a little when I saw the reference to the “cheap MOGEN David wine”. Don’t you have cheap local wines? I wonder why you had to drag the worst kosher wine into your story. (FYI, the Jewish star is called MAGEN DAVID of course).

Another curious detail is the description of the union as somehow going against the employees and the EMPLOYER as their best protector. Sounds strange from here.

Overall, a vast improvement. I would challenge Longhorn to try writing shorter and sharper next time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Like someone said, No sex Necessary here

the story carries enough weights of all kinds that the sex actually gets in the way,,, it's more of a distraction than a spice of somekind,,, big applauses all over, despite some minor things,,,

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 18 years ago
Very Good!

Thought I had commented on this story but after checking I see the answer is, no.

Really loved this story.

The only thing wrong with it is the illegality that they did, stealing the money. I'm sure they could nail him some other way. The suit against the company would sure get him fired and his wife would kick him out. Assuming his share of the suit would leave him very little he would be pretty well paid back. Course, a swift kick in the nuts would be fitting.

Story characters are filled out well and it is well written.

GirlWatchinGirlWatchinabout 18 years ago
Excellent story

An excellent story! Good storyline, and very believable characters. Nicely done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
super

loved the story

rooster1rooster1about 18 years ago
YES!!!!!!!!

dont listen to the nitpickers those of us who can't write snipe at those who can/will. tale needed to be this long to fully tell it in enough detail to get me to read it for the sixth time one of my personal fav's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great Story

Like another reader, I skipped the sex to concentrate on the story. I keep wondering when Jerry Bruckeimer will make a TV show out of it.

Sailor1Sailor1about 18 years ago
Your rating is warranted

Extraordinary! Well crafted, involved and technically interesting, and tender in the right places to show a rich warmth of human emotion, contrasted with lack of same. Hat's off, friend, you earned it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Outstanding!

Good plot development, much more of a story than normally found here.

Hope autor writes more of the same, appear on Opra etc.

ddpmanddpmanabout 18 years ago
Well Worth the Time to Read

I have to agree with the praise that others have written before me. But just like 'Requilal' an 14 or 18 page story could be broken up into three or four parts. That would make for easier reading for those of us who can't read the whole story in one sitting

If you keep writing I will keep reading.

Thaanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Love it

I read this story some months ago and having just re-read it I must say I think it is a great story very well written

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
just great

well written and a good story. i didnt mind the length at all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
nice

Well written enjoyable tale the sex or lack of in the main is unimportant to the likes of myself. In case you hadn't worked out I liked it. For those of us with the time thank God it wasn't in multi part format worth that extra bit of time to make the most of. well Done

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Best story in Literotica

Of course it isn't a sex story, but a fast paced action can't-put-it-down adventure with a heartwarming ending and completely believable characters. I wish I could locate hard-copy published fiction by this author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
That was Incredible Longhorn 07

Longhorn 07 that was the best and and tear jerking story it reminded me of my dad he loved Loui Lamaour and Tom Clancy that Belinda was so priceless she mad me ball my eyes out i truly loved that story you had alot words misplaced in different paragraphs like you started to start a sentence then you changed to another word have a editor check your words before you have it posted.

Pat Murray

Atlanta,Ga.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
WONDERFUL

Your work was very well written and it spoke well of your ability to communicate. I have been thinking of taking some creative writing courses next semester. It would be an honor to immulate your capabilities. Tahnk you for a wonderful story.

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
consuela

At the end what happened to Consuela when Belinda had her baby you left Consuela with the architect but that was it did she stay with Ryan till the end will you be writing another piece saying what happend to consuela afterwards.

Pat.

Atlanta,Ga.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Just as great now as I read it before!

I went back to read this story because the quality of recent stories leave much to be desired! Your story has reconciliation, romance, mystery and drama. Cheaters never win even when it appears like they do. Thanks again for an outstanding story!

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Quite good

Really, really nice, and would make a good screenplay.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
One of the Most Entertaining Stories

in Lit. in the last two years. the effort put into this story development was quite astonishing. Lit owner should compensate writers like you who make their site survive, without going full blown porn!

this ranks among my "top 10" stories in Lit. this had a bittersweet ending, contrasting with Separate Lives, which ranks among my "top 5".

the characters in Separate Lives were well developed and therefore believable. the reconcialition worked well because of the duration and different pursuits of both main characters, FOR YEARS.

their eventual rendezvous and getting back together seemed to be BOTH predestined and incidental!

you have a feeling reading the story that if the guy never came across Sherrie again, that he'd still be a complete person, even though her betrayal deeply damaged his ability to trust, to fall complete in love with another woman. but he is still very functional; it'd just take truly tough and loving woman to make him fall in love again.

you don't get the sense that he's carrying a "torch" for the ex-wife. Sherrie, on the other hand, as she told her best friend (Ron's "adopted brother"), she's still carrying a torch for him, though she herself admitted (to the same woman friend, Ron's "sister") she's not sure why; because despite her wishes and dreams, she knew he had moved on and it's been 4-5 years now,,,,,,,

but the thing is, the portray of both Sherrie and Ron is that they are both able, successful individuals. and while one or the other thinks about the past and what might have, could have been,,,,,,,,,, they work deligently at the present.

while Ron did his tour of duty, Sherrie raised the twins.

what bothers me, as a reader, is that Sherrie was planning on NOT telling Ron she had given birth to two daughters and they were his and hers! (Of course, she was DETERMINED, even if only in DREAMS, she said!, that they be together again! 'Tis why, she said, she felt no hurry, indeed, no need, to tell him until it's time!!)

anyway, some of the most memorable passages where actually on the kids and Cal and Melissa, their best and loyal friends who never pushed them but stand by them as solid and supportive friends, no matter what, and not blaming anyone. Melissa and Cal's friendship was, indeed, the one thing that weaved together the story as a believable one:

++++++++++++++

"RON!"

I couldn't tell at first whether Melissa was happy to see me or not. She stood there, trembling like a leaf for a couple of seconds before pushing open the screen and leaping into my arms. Her arms wrapped themselves around my neck and she started crying into my chest. I just patted her back and told her over and over that it was all right and other nonsensical things. The only thing to do with Melissa was to wait her out when she got on an emotional jag. Suddenly she was finished.

"Why didn't you tell us you were coming?" she asked. She hit me in the chest with her fist. I pretended to be knocked backward by it and got a reproving grin for my trouble. So much for my acting abilities. She grabbed my arm and dragged me into the cool interior of the house.

"CAL!" she yelled, "COME HERE…IT'S RON." I was sure Cal could have heard her three counties over and, sure enough, he came galloping into the living room a few seconds later. We shook and pounded each other's shoulders until he suddenly realized what he was doing. I assured him my wound had completely healed.

About then, a whole herd of young children erupted into the living room, running hard to see what all the yelling had been about. There were five of them—two boys and three girls. The oldest boy had to be Cal's oldest—he looked just like his father. He was six now. He'd been two when I left. His brother was three and a half, I was told. I shook hands with them as if they were men when Melissa introduced me to them. They thought that was just great. The smallest girl was Melissa's youngest—her daughter Jeanette.

Melissa tried to get the little tyke's thumb out of her mouth but it wasn't coming out for love nor money.

++++++++++++++++++

that last line, about Melissa's little daughter, was the most funny and memorable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Venezuela...

doesn't have a communist dictator...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Absolutely Brilliant

Perfectly balanced retribution..Plus a brilliant moving on

NucleusNucleusabout 17 years ago
Fortunate coincidence

I searched for another good story. I read over the long list at loving wives stopped at number 35 and the short comment to this story hold me thight. I don't regretted my decision. A long and more than interesting story. It deserved my attention. Thank you very much for a long evening, reading your story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Really well thought and written story

one of the most well thought and written erotic story i have read till date. READ it u will love it !!!

the_byter

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Bank Robbery as Punishment for Adultery?

Seems like pretty harsh punishment for people who had little to do with it. I also wonder if any of the guys that Sean met and befriended in the joint might want to do a favor for him when they get out...

Shaman325Shaman325almost 17 years ago
Hugo Chavez?

Perhaps the guy who claimed that Venezuela doesn't have a communist dictator hasn't heard of Hugo Chavez

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
small note

this may have been noted already but at some point in the story you write 'statuette' when i think you meant 'statute.' enjoyed your story, cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Beautiful...

I saw a couple of mistakes, like words missing, but anyone can miss words. Heck, I read a lot of published books and still find mistakes in those-and they go through tons of editorial processes. Great story, really it was beautiful. I got all teared up in the end. You really wrapped everything up unlike most people do, and I love that when a story gives you the full here's what happened. At some points it almost felt like this happened to you personally, and if it did, congradulations for not killing the cunt...I know I would have. And in most states you'd get off on temporary insanity as it's a crime of passion and you didn't know what you were thinking at the time. I loved how Carry figured it out but then kept her mouth shut, fat lot of good it would have done her to open it in the first place, who would believe her? That special agent, maybe but he couldn't prove anything any how.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Macho Mocha

"The hostess/waitress smiled. Not that they had any of the designer brews here, but she didn't even like being asked for a "cappuccino" or the like. It made her wonder just how much of a man a guy could be to want to drink something with a name like that. Her approval showed in her eyes."

I've seen Hell's Angels, Marine Recon, Sayeret and a British SOE veteran order espressos, cappucinos and lattes. Obviously the hostess/waitress doesn't spend much time with 'real men'.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Nope

Seems like they all were cheating lowlifes here. Not impressed with your storyline at all. It's the American dream of course, getting huge amounts of cash so most people will like it I guess. But there are no heroes here, just lowlifes. Twenty years for fucking someones wife. Nope, a real beating and losing his job is ok, thrown out of the city too. But twenty years. Give me a break. You should be able to come up with a better story line Longhorn. Cheers Yoron

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
10/10

Who cares about spelling mistakes and who cares who really is a communist its the storyline that counts - it is by far the best story I have ever read on here, its that good it would make a great book. I read alot of James Patterson and have trouble putting down his works, I had the same with this one just as much, I couldn't put it down.

This was more like a thriller than an erotic story and I loved it, well done you its a brilliant read, thanks for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
usually don't read long stuff

I usually don't like long stories, but this one just sorta drew me into reading on. For that alone i'd give it my thumbs up. Beyond that, i liked the all-out attempt to hide any and all tracks. Only clue left imho would be the relationship between ryan and consuela which could draw some unwanted attention (people figuring out they met before the tv-show etc). As for the fact that 20 years for doing someones wife could be a bit much... well exaggeration has its merits in stories. Story wouldn't have been half as interesting if 'normal' justice prevailed. Most people are selfish bastards, cheating is just one way of them expressing it, so go ahead and indulge punishing them in your story

striker1017striker1017almost 16 years ago
unreall!!!

Without a doubt the absolute BEST story I have read on this site!!!I don't usually like stories this long, but I was just hooked from the very beginning straight through to the very end. BRAVO!!! An unbelievably talented writer!!! Thank you so very much

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Tension/Suspense

Dear Longhorn-07,

Just a short note to day just how much I enjoyed this,. Why? Credible characters, a plot that evolved from stright revenge to more - much more. The whole tale was enhanced by the tension/suspense that agent Williams may just stumble onto something. Hey it was done well.

Could I ask that you find a copy of an old English film starring James Mason -" A Touch of Larceny"- circa 1970??

To me this is the epitome of the kind of tension that you were aiming for. Please- tell me if I lie. RonDownUnder

xron@iprimus.com.au

randallangdonrandallangdonover 15 years ago
Simply the best!

Easily the best story I've read on this site. I was blown away by the technical detail in this story as well as the care to develop characters the author took. Oh yeah, the sex was hot too...it was the story that blew me away though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
wow!!

I read this story last year when I first dicovered this site and your literary presentations. This story I thought was so well done when read the first time that when I came across again I went through it once again.

Some commentors have expressed the opinion that the 20 year prison term dufus got for having an affair with the woman was excessive. I think so too. BUT!!! he got the twenty years for embezeling 9 million bucks from the accounts he managed. I suggest those readers slow down and try to comprehend what the read on the screen.

BTW I could only allot a score of 100 so consider that to be 100 to the fourth power. You know (100X100X100X100) you do the math.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Awesome

Bloody fantastic piece of work. And some people should read more than just the first and last page and critic the work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Great Job

I thought this was probably one of the best stories I have read on this website. While it might not exactly be what one has in mind when they are looking for erotic literature it was still a great story that I very mch enjoyed reading. Thank You. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Best story by far

This should be adapted into a screen play. It works as both a story for this site as well as a big screen flick. Well done, top notch story. One criticism though, would be that the flow of the story was broken at times due to editing errors. But other wise, I loved the justice and happy ending.

darkseraphdarkseraphover 15 years ago
Beautifully done

Engrossing. By far one of the best entries I've read on this site.

genealguygenealguyabout 15 years ago
LENGTHY...

...but, then, it took a lot of space for such a wide tale of human intrigue, unfaithfulness, and the convoluted scheme to punish the adulterers. This is undoubtedly the best story I have read in "Loving Wives". Great job! Jim

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Great

Loved it, simply awesome.

Although i found it annoying that Carrie and Sean got such different sentences when their crimes against Ryan where very similar. And nothing ever happened to rectify the damage done to Ryan's social standing by Carrie's lies.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 15 years ago
Wonderful story!

What can I say that hasn't been said? The best that have read so far....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Carrie has more issues

and likely some deep shit from her past. That Sean got what he deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
NEW 1000+ VOTE CLUB MEMBER!!!!

Please be advised that you were granted admittance to the LITEROTICA 1000+ VOTE club today when your story “Fool Me Once” recently received its 1000th vote.

You are the 87th author in the storied history of the site who have achieved this recognition – CONGRATULATIONS!

Gabriella L.

Club Sectretary, “1000+ VOTE CLUB”

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Gabriella it looks bad

when you can't differentiate between 'who has achieved..' or 'to have achieved..'. Are you also responsible for some of the atrociously grammared stuff getting through on Lit? By the way thanks to you and all others involved in managing the site. Love it...

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 14 years ago
The author really screwed up,

This story should have been sold to a publisher, instead of given away for free. The whole novel was masterly done, and the concept of the work is magnificent. Thank You so very much.....Rich

jiminabjiminababout 14 years ago
Shaman325

Hugo Chavez is not a dictator. He was elected by the population and has since survived a mid term plebasite. He is not a Communist but a socialist. Please get your facts right before you spout off.

Sorry Longhorn......great story. Top marks. Jim

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Thank You

I love your story, thank you for making the ending meaningful and telling us where everyone ended up. That makes this a great story instead of a good story' So many writers don’t finish off and give closure to all the characters. Your story kept me totally involved in their lives till the end.

Thank you

Kayleigh

(Australia)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Outstanding!

Great story. A little long, but great!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Wonderful

What a great story! It was detailed and believable. It had alot of depth and the hero/heroine were characters that I enjoyed getting to know. It was a very interesting story. It was an interesting and enjoyable story.

LakesLakesalmost 14 years ago
Magic, it was so well written.

Masterful!

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
WOW!!!

I wish I could articulate in the manner of the other comments suffice to say you are a masterful Author. Could we have another one please, maybe a reconciliation story of some description?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous