All Comments on 'Fool Me Twice'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 193 Comments
TristansladeTristansladealmost 12 years ago
Writing before reading..

There is a good reason I continue to read your stories. It's because I like them. Everyone can have a opinion but its up to the writer to create the story. I think you should take the constructive comments and improve your writing where it can be and forget all the other comments by people who don't have the ability to write but judge anyways. Now I am going to go back and read this story because as they say a good or bad journey is just the fun getting to the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Another Classic

I actually quite liked this one, even if it wasn't a "BTB" story. Frankly, she wasn't really much of a bitch. Stupid, yes. Bitch, no. But you wrote out a scenario where he more then got even (screwing his SIL and several other bitties) and things just worked out how they worked out.

I do have to wonder, as a guy, are other guy's really this oblivious to what's going on around them in the real world? Are other guy's really that unable to just say what's on there mind and be done with it? I've noticed in a good number of stories that the cluelessness of the guys is borderline retarded and it's so common that I've gotta wonder if there's some truth to it or is it just a convenient plot device.

solotorosolotoroalmost 12 years ago
She knew she made a mistake the second she walked out, but

she still went to fuck the other guy. What a crock. Oh well, whatever she does to him now is his fault and he desrves it.

WILLACWILLACalmost 12 years ago
The talent is back

and has hit another winning goal.. Even though I like the BTB stories this one had more of a sense or reality than most of those. Very few of us are perfect and most of those that proclaim they are are hypocrites. They remind me of people who think that because they go to church on Sunday they can do as they wish to others during the week and still be a christian (hmmm I wonder about the beltway folks). Do unto others! To thine own self be true! Live it or not it's a personal choice but don't think you can fool everybody when you don't.

Thanks for your stories. Keep'm comin!

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 12 years ago
this was different

to me it wasn't a BTB story at all, it's RAAC to me. The writing was great as usual. Gave it a 4 star

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
wow she says its his daughter

any name a woman gives goes on the birth certificate. Only one way to know if its his daughter, DNA testing, it was done wasnt it, if she wanted to prove it was his and not a bastard.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Wow!

I've read every story of yours and this is the best one. I enjoy your writing and am a big fan but sometimes you stories lean too far towards the BTB genre that it becomes almost unrealistic. This one was, to me, the most realistic of all your stories. In real life things are never straightforward and simple and you've used this to craft a very good tale. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
weird

we need some volunteers at Mother Teresa's Missionaries of Charity

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Thanks

Enjoy ready your work

Don't always like but always enjoy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Deep Deep story

Great story 5 stars and well developed and written waiting for next weeks story.

thebulletthebulletalmost 12 years ago
well done

well written story, with an original plot line. full marks.

bruce22bruce22almost 12 years ago
Very Good Story

Believable, because people really do crazy things. Even the wimpy protagonist was fun to read about. The moment he reacted to the baby I had the feeling that it was his. But it did not become clear to me. Did she know she was pregnant when she walked out on him? I though that she only found out later, but screwed up the time line.

Myhands316Myhands316almost 12 years ago
I know of this condition.

But in my case, the only time she was normal was when she was pregnant. The rest of the time she was a cock hungry slut! Then she really fucked up and got her tubes tied. It almost killed me, the shit she put me through. Twenty years later I still have nightmares about it. She spirled out of control and tried to kill herself, then as soon as I got the kids stablezed, she went out and had an orgy with her work buddies. She'd drive eight hours to go fuck some stranger, calling our oldest daughter, putting her in the middle. On the way back home, because he didn't get her off, she stopped and fucked two other guys. Yes, I was at the kids house so they wouldn't be alone while she fucked anything that moved. Did and do I forgive her... No fucking chance. Did I burn the bitch? Nope, I found someoene I could trust and we made a great life together 2700 miles away from the crazy bitch. Now that she's going through the pause, she is going batshit crazy because her new husband has been caught with is dick in the cookie jar. The doctor's excuse, was this hormonal condition caused by fluxuating pregnacy hormones.

newtinmplsnewtinmplsalmost 12 years ago
You had to work too hard to hide the reason

I liked the story; but the way you set it up required much effort to conceal the real reason why things went south, and that changed and limited how and what you could write.

The hopefulness on her part was really sweet and believable, and sort of stupid. The emotional responses on his part were also believable, though incredibly annoying. Like many things that happen in real life, and in fiction, the foundation of this story was an almost complete lack of communication. I wish I could say it was rare, but I've spoken to so many female co-workers that 'couldn't possibly discuss THIS or THAT with my spouse' and that's the gateway to so many problems.

Loved the pipe scene at the end. Very emotionally satisfying.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Thanks, StangStar06, but...

...you've managed to hit two of my pet peeves in the same story. First, the hormonal imbalance gimmick seems to be replacing alcohol indulgence as justification for unacceptable behavior. Baloney! She said she knew it was a mistake as soon as she walked out, but she went ahead and did it anyway. The hormones may have influenced her actions, but she was in control enough to make her plans and then carry them out. She was still in control and she was still responsible.

Second, is the "Oh, I haven't mentioned it before, but the child is really yours" twist that seems to be increasingly popular in Loving Wives. I don't doubt that some women do this, but I'm continually amazed at the number of fictional fathers that shrug it off as no big deal. As far as deceit and betrayal goes it might not rate as high as sleeping with another man, but it certainly ranks right up there.

I would be remiss if I didn't compliment you on your writing skills (and by extension, Mikothebaby's editing), but I agree with your editor, I don't care much for either of these characters. Thanks again for sharing your talent with us, I look forward to next week's story along with the rest of your fans.

- Studebakerhawk - (for some reason, I can't seem to log in today)

FD45FD45almost 12 years ago
Can I borrow the nurse's skillet?

I want to beat the hell out of Daniel.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanalmost 12 years ago
Reconciliation

Is so rare that I don't recommend it to my patients. It's the law of averages. Many reconciled couples live in acrimony. There are actions that just can't be forgiven. It's a 1% solution. Having said that this is one of the ways that people get past infidelity. Dan had to take care of her physical well being from the accident and then the pregnancy. Then he falls in love not with the mother but the baby. This opens the door for those emotions to be past to the mother. Reconciliation complete, or is it? There are still all the trust issues that Dan will never get over. Witness his talk with the jewel merchant. Two out of three are not bad, except when the one is trust. Dan should get a vasectomy then his wife won't go bat shit crazy and cheat on him again. He's not quiet in the 1% more like the other 9% who suffer with reconciliation and stay married. Good story though I gave this ****

nwhalernwhaleralmost 12 years ago
Nice story - missing only a believable original plot, sub plots, characters and scenes

How many times will SS and his editors

1. Go to the hormonal imbalance well

2. I still love you but I continued to have sex with the guy I left you for because I was confused.

3. Bat-shit because of x

4. Baby is yours

5. Husband with short term memory like a movie character.

6, Continue to feminize the story by refusing to use real life verisimilitude with regards to actions of victimized men and selfish/crazy/bitchy/slutty women.

bigguy323bigguy323almost 12 years ago
The problem, Stang, is NOT how crazy the bitch is, but HOW CRAZY HE IS....

A well written story with a lousy outcome. Any guy who goes back to a crazy bitch like this one, is as crazy as she is.

NO NO NO NO NO NO>>>>

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
very good

It turned out as I expected, but the beat up was a nice twist. His continued anger felt to me as too much of protest while being attracted to her again. Guess that's part of human nature, but still too much of an effort to cloud the reconciliation and the fact that the little girl was his daughter. I think (I'm not goingto read it again for confirmation) the timeline in the story pointed to that, provided she spoke the thruth about not having sex with Sebastian before she moved out. Overall, very good story.

shuttlepilotshuttlepilotalmost 12 years ago
during one of her pregnancies

she actually did have a brief affair, though she loved her husband unconditionally.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahhhaaaaaaaaA

BighoneybadgerBighoneybadgeralmost 12 years ago
Screwed up Magic Dick

I enjoyed the story but Magic Dick wasn't the lead singer for J Geils, he was the harmonica player. All things considered, a pretty minor mistake for an eight page story. Keep writing, I look forward to reading your stories!

MadBrownMadBrownalmost 12 years ago
TOO CUTE-TOO PAT

A very enjoyable read at a 5 level...But I think you were trying to be too cute with your plot in your attempt to make the story more interesting with the sister's involvement etc. Also, I got the feeling that you were trying to fit in too much psychological meanderings. The hormonal imbalance does not hold water in that there should have been other "crazy" things done leading up to her telling her husband she was leaving him to be with someone else. And, as another commenter stated she "knew" immediately that she had made a mistake but this did not prevent her from compounding it.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
A FOOL IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE ONE

in spite of good intentions. TK U MLJ LV NV

Indy22Indy22almost 12 years ago
NWhaler

I see by you profile you are over 18.

It's too bad that is not true of your IQ.

Despite the limitation of this genre, StangStar is the most creative author submitting stories today in the Loving Wives category.

Rather than a meaningless list of things you think are wrong with a story, why don't you provide meaningful examples of what could be done to fix a story. Not that I agree with you that this story needs to be fixed.

You get to read for free so why not try to help. You, Harry and some others are like the leaching brother-in law. You stay for free and just leave your shit all over the place making things worse for everyone around you.

We have lost enough good authors because of the likes of people like you on this site.

So as Thumpers father said, "If you can't say anything constructive, shut the fuck up!"

Or something like that.

Dick Wad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Good story BUT --

"Unlike in my story her husband knew about her problem and forgave her. He's a better man than I am because I wouldn't have."

You bigot!! After all your continuous blather about and against the religious right, you can't find a forgiving bone in your body. You have this disgusting attitude only because of living a lifetime having been taught the religious concept that fidelity is congruent with the Prime Mandate for accomplishing a successful marriage. You're pitiful !! You hate because you are trained to by the religious zealots who can't find God's tolerance and forgiveness for all sinners. Forgiveness for mistakes is critical in relationships and there is no mistake, except for murder perhaps and repetitious, unremitting sin or betrayal that has been forgiven or tolerated before, that shouldn't be considered for forgiveness and forgetting. Infidelity shouldn't be taken lightly and has to be woked through, but it isn't insurmountable. All manner of mischef could cause it, and each problem needs to be addressed carefully, but it ain't the end of all things. Shute, we even have an entire judicial system that is supposedly based on the premise that, "You done the time so now you've got a clean sheet" It's time for you to go and learn about, "Go and sin no more."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
22 IQ isn't markedly higher than 18 Indy...

just sayin. Or is 22 how many times you must lick SS06's pucker in order to feel right about your day? True, nwhaler is a turd and presents his criticisms in the worst way. Thanks for proving that you are no better.

This story, like most SS06 submissions, should be half as long. Other than that, he hits the main points that his fans ache to see: perfect guy, horrible girl, suspenseless and emotionless plot, a Mustang, etc.

When you have a formula for success, only the brave and the foolish tinker with the recipe. SS06 is no fool. The time to critique his work is long gone; either you enjoy reading his pablum or you don't. Take it or leave it, he writes for his fans, not the critics.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Two points!

1. @ NWhaler who said, "Despite the limitation of this genre, StangStar is the most creative author submitting stories today in the Loving Wives category." I have to say to that, that there are other authors as good or better who won't write in this category any more. You reap what you sow, right?

2. The author, and his editor, need to learn how to correctly write dialogue when the same person is speaking but a new paragraph is required. That's a pretty basic grammar error. That doesn't spoil the story for me, though it will for some. A good read nonetheless, but maybe a page or two too long!

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
40000 years ago..............and now?

During the paleolite the Homo Sapiens Sapiens small groups lived such life where the women looked for sexual partners which they felt sexualy fit for themselfs. They look for the best DNA for their future children without any concious purpose only the sexual drift choose the best DNA carrier. Sometime this had happened in the common gathering when 5-10 small groups had meet in a special occasion after the succesful mammoth hunting before the winter. The DNA had been gathered and the 5-10 small groups with 30-40 people in each had wandered on the cold steppe had followed the mamoths, raindeer and other animal herds for years. The pregnant women with the not group origine DNA had got higher sexual drive to LOOK FOR THE BEST FATHER CANDIDATE TO ASSIST BRINGING UP THE BABY.................... HOWEVER WE DO NOT LIVE IN THE PALEOLITE, BECAUSE WE HAVE SCIENCE AND THE DNA TEST ALMOST 100% SURE, AND THE NOT DNA TEST PROOF CHILDREN SPOIL THEIR BEST BRINGING UP CONDITIONS!!!!!!

EXCEPT FOR THE STEPFATHERS ADOPT THESE CHILDREN VOLUNTARILY AS THIS STORY SHOWED US......................IT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT: VOLUNTARILY AS THIS WAS WRITTEN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
40000 years ago.................and now???

Yes I know SS06 wrote the this children was sired by the main character, but it was a Author twist on the end only...........

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Evolution means possibility for changing!!!!

The evolution is changing and sometime not changing and the 40000 years ago behavioral was good for the surviving for small population against the inbred, but this time the mankind are vast population and the 40000 YEARS AGO BEHAVIORAL COULD SPOIL THE CHILDREN BEST FUTURE. So this may be atavismus. Yes against the static biological opinion the evolution could mean dinamic and static things together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Agree with Indy22

When all the decent authors are gone , maybe the pathetic little un/underemployed losers with their beer guts hanging over their belt buckle obscuring any view of their flacid little-boy pee-pee's--will finally be happy. Stangstar doesn't need you. You need him. Many of the better writers on LW don't allow comments. The commenters brag about what they would do to women. What women? The women they don't have and never will have because no woman would have them?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I really liked it...

It gave me a warm and fuzzy. And the love scenes were good too.

I don't usually critique authors' motivations or styles. I just know it felt good to read it.

x_JohnDoe_xx_JohnDoe_xalmost 12 years ago

As always Stangstar a good read and good entertainment. the question I asked myself while reading this fictional story, if I was in the husbands characters shoes would I be as forgiving as he is? the answer is I really don't know, but most likely the answer is I would care for the child and be friends with the ex-wife, but reconcile, remarry? I doubt it. Anyway thanks again for your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
It's not that the story is all that bad

It's just that all SS06's stories are so goddamned overwrought, so fucking melodramatic, they just aren't enjoyable.

People spit a lot in his stories. Anyone else notice that?

As in: "Fuck you," he spat.

"Fuck you back," she spat.

"We're having a spat," he spat at the spatula.

Please, for God's sake, tone down the Master Thespian shit, and trim about forty percent from the text. The stories would be better.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 12 years ago
Indy 22 FUCK YOU and your crack whore Mommy

You may not like NWhaler's review but its rational and he is not posting Anonymously

so shut the hell up and sit the fuck down before I get nasty

and rip you a new asshole turd face

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Bla, Bla, Bla...........

Talk about dragging a story out. 2 pages was all you needed, all the rest was just shit, useless shit.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 12 years ago
CLICHE yes But GOOD cliche

wife Hormonal inbalance .... the baby is yours... dumb ex hsubands ... blah blah blah

Yes this is a cliche driven story completely but it's also I think told quite well. Although I have railed MANY times against the constant drumbeat of incredibly stupid husband's or ex husband ... which seem unable to put two thoughts together or get around to asking the critical question... In this particular instance I don't get that same sense.

Running into his ex wife a in a pregnant condition I think is a extenuating circumstance. Personally I don't know if I could simply walk away in that situation. A lot of guys probably could not....

It seems to me that SS06 is trying to get develop the husband character as someone who's deeply conflicted but also still has strong emotional connections to his wife.

Despite the husband's assertions Lena had been through a pretty rough time of things ( homeless shelter cut off from her family)... she has paid some for her mistake.... and certainly the baby has. Yeah the reconciliation is a gamble but it's painful and believable and also quite risky so in that sense the reconciliation in my view does work.... And it does not hurt these ending of the story.

good one SS06...

zed0zed0almost 12 years ago
Lame

I think StangStupid (and OwimpO) have been secretly meeting and smoking hormone reefer together.

Or maybe it's something in the atmosphere?

Or the water?

Anyway I'm sure it was more fun to write then it was too read.

You girls need to start getting some testosterone treatments and get your head on straight.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
ped0

is not on normal communal exercise. fuckin wanker!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Thank Stangstar

I look forward to Thursdays just for your story of the week. That said, I didn't like Daniel's character very much. He seemed like an overgrown adolescent than a man. Sure he was betrayed - been there myself and have the tee shirt - but you suck it up and move on. Sure, he helped her out when she needed it the most but it seemed like he was doing it not because it was either right or good but so he could have a captive target on which he could vent. Eventually it got to be more like watching someone beat a puppy than anything else.

Thanks for your stories and I appreciate the effort you put into them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
a good story, a little to long

wife goes off when her hormones are inbalanced, ex husband also goes gaga. at least they got two kids and know her problem . life goes on..too much drama..

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caalmost 12 years ago
Good

Well i liked it ..... spat I. ! Some are worth a second chance, some... Not.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
What a Good Editor Does

This story shows how lucky you are to have an excellent editor. Even though she didn't like the story, it was still a 5 for me.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307almost 12 years ago
Normally, I don't like reconciliation stories...

...but this one was pretty damn good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

He is an idiot for taking her back she gave her pussy to someone else outside the marriage so she can NEVER be trusted again. She didn't respect him at all when she did it and he is a fool for taking her back, if she cheats now he is the blame for giving her the chance to ruin his life twice.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 12 years ago
Tedious and contrived

The most important thing that Lena had to tell him she doesn't so that this story could be dragged on interminably. She could have said, my hormones go crazy when I get pregnant and I was pregnant with your daughter Daniella. That changes the whole dynamic of the relationship and Lena's leaving him and she doesn't tell him???? WTF??? Throughout all this he was looking for the reason and she had one, a valid and believable one, and she doesn't tell him. That's just crap.

And meanwhile we get vignette after vignette of Lena doing something and Daniel being mad. It seemed endless. No other options? Daniel is well off. He could have rented a small apartment and paid for a drop in assistant to help Lena. He's in love with Ella but not Lena. I guess that was some kid of mystical bond because she is actually his daughter and he somehow sensed that connection. So he's locked in to Ella living with him and Lena is part of the package. Not only is this torture it's neatly contrived so that Daniel is doing it to himself. And it's pointless except to torment Daniel. Once Lena says Daniella is your daughter and the reason I left is because of pregnancy induced insanity the whole situation is effectively resolved.

I have no real problem with the reconciliation. I have a problem with a long contrived story that's only purpose is to torment Daniel and the reader.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 12 years ago

Good to see you have gotten back to better plots for your stories. Actually liked this one, except for the fact that there is no way she would not have just told him that Ella was his child early on. Still there was some good dialog and some pretty funny lines so all positive stuff. This scenario about hormones fucking up a woman's head has been the subject of several stories lately and I guess it can happen. I won't criticize you for the reconciliation as I think your male characters are too hard headed much of the time anyway, so it's all good with me.

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 12 years ago
over the top

as it may be I liked it,Stang, it was a bit more nuanced and adult then a lot of the stories on here and in some ways believable because danny is a decent person and he realizes where his heart lies.Keep writing a stang star story is like a Mustang,has its limitations but what it can do ,does well:)

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1almost 12 years ago
Happy endings

Stang, you know I like your stories, some more than others. This is one of your best. It's a warm, touching story of two people who loved each other trying to reconnect. The hormones gone crazy is a little stretch, but I'm sure it happens and I know that guys fall in love with babies - their own and other men's offspring - more commonly than a lot of people suspect, and this has probably led to a lot of happy adult relationships. In that respect this is a very realistic story.

On the other hand, I don't want to beat a dead horse and there are BTB writers that I respect, but sometimes it does make me want to gag. The comment you see over and over is - once a cheater always a cheater - and - cheat once and throw the bitch out - no second chances. Not only is that complete bullshit, but it's unchristian and stone hearted and completely insane. People are human and people do stupid things and people betray the ones they love and people are assholes. BTB says there are no exceptions - cheating one time is the same as having a 30-year affair. Cheating because of mid life crisis or mistaken jealousy or simple once in a lifetime lust is all the same. No exceptions, no pardons,no forgiveness.

When I read those responses I am torn between pity for lonely lives and the hope that those commenters will be the few who find perfect mates. But I wonder if any of us are worthy of perfection.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 12 years ago
obvious

Paternity was established when Hubby touched Sweetie's tummy and made contact with Daniela. Quibble is - the communication later should have included Daniela's real name! In Pern, a dragon telepaths his or her name to their newly bonded rider at hatching!

5*

Danger09Danger09almost 12 years ago
Hmm

What can I say? Ok I understand she didn't actually cheat on Daniel ( so she says) I'm all for forgiveness and reconciliation but I think it's the way she dumped her husband that's got me a bit put off... Ok, so her pregnancy is being blamed, but what happens when she gets knocked up again & pull the same shit? The pregnancy blame is worst than blaming it on the alcohol. I understand hormones gets all out of whack-- believe me I've told my own hubby countless times how his breathing irritates me as well as his chewing when my hormones are all over the place, but I've never had an affair & I don't think my hubby would've taken that as an excuse to dissolve a marriage all because I went nuts for a while....I've heard of women killing people due to their hormones -- and I think even that's pure bullshit-- but I've never heard of a woman leaving her husband who she claimed she loved over her pregnancy... I've read stories of women going through the "change" & all the sudden becomeming utter complet sluts.... I'm scared to think what lena will pull in her third pregnancy, maybe she'll stab him in his sleep or maybe she'll pull a couple of gangbangs... I'm sorry but I wouldn't be able to trust her if I was a guy. Just like Daniel didn't trust... Think about, she hid the fact that she was having an emotional affair with a con man, she hid the fact that she filed for divorce & was leaving her husband of six or so years for a piece of shit; how the fuck would Danny be able to trust her? She lied to him for weeks /months ( the story didn't specify) leading upto her "we need to talk speech" the trust is ruined. I'd fuck her, keep her as my babies mother but I most definitely won't marry her over again, that's just asking for trouble... Things was working fine the way they were he didn't need to put a ring on it.... Shit I'm not her husband & I didn't trust the bitch as far as I can throw her ... Anyways that's my opinion.... I love your stories, this one was ok at least Lena wasn't a complete whack job slut like your other crazy slut wives stories which I have come to appreciate & love with a weird morbitsity ( like curiosity )... Please do a BTB ( burn the bitch) story next week ....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
past your bedtime 'danger'

LOL - no one takes your inane rants seriously with that nickname, change it to Buna or LarryinVT. No one will take you seriously but at least they'll think you've seen puberty.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Nice Read as always SS

Always love your stories STang, whether burn the bitch or romantic reconciliations.

I dont care how the other readers see it, but i like the way you develop the characters to fit your ultimate ending.

I really admire the people who contribute here for it takes a lot of time, effort and and guts to do so. For the haters, well dont read if u dont like.

So thank you so much to people like Stang, JPB, Ohio, KK, Huedogg, DG Hear, Rhenquist, DQS and many many more... for your stories

LechemanLechemanalmost 12 years ago
You never fail to please!

I genuinely like your stories, the subtle twists and wry humour. Keep up the good work!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 12 years ago
Lots of comments!

Enjoyed the read. Could see it coming a mile down the road (that Ella was really Danny's daughter). Pregnancy causing craziness rings the same as PMS serving as an excuse for murder. I don't buy it, but it makes a good story. Thanks for writing.

GaryAPBGaryAPBalmost 12 years ago
A great read but......

In real life I have never come across a case of hormonal imbalance (in pregnancy or menopause) as the reason for infidelity. I have just spent 15 minutes Googling any combination of key words that might throw up some facts. Nothing.

Hormone imbalances do many strange things, instant anger, tears, hot flushes, food fads, you name it - but not infidelity. So, if it doesn't happen in real life, then why do authors cling to the idea here on Lit?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Double S

I think your "Self-Liedetecter" is on the blink. You don't actually know what you would have done until YOU are living out that situation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

love your stories keepit up

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Evolution, mosaic evolution changing, atavistic behavioral

Yes the increased sexuality during the pregnancy (mainly at the first trimester)assisted the women to find (or to hold) the best father candidate for the children in the small hunter gathering groups 70000-40000 years ago. This is an atavism from the paleolite. However we do not live in the paleolite and this evolotion atavism threats the children future..............A husband must be glad for more sex with a pregnant wife and the wife must help the husband to understand the more sex wish and excluse others, because for the future children interest. Shuch wives whose IQ are low they should attend course how they must manage to bring up children in broken family without husbands......................

cpetecpetealmost 12 years ago
Great lines!

Your stories are always well done. However in this posting the dialogue between the husband and wife, and between sisters, is by far the best you have written. Not only was the “zingers” spot on, you also allowed Danny to vent his hurt feeling not just once, but throughout the story. Most authors have the main character “blow-up” once or twice, then “get over it”. You portrayed the lingering of betrayal that the wife’s action would have aroused in any spouse. This was one of the few stories on LW where the husband did not feel the need to filter his words to the ex-wife. SStang Danny character was angry at his ex-wife’s actions, and Stang had written him as enough of a man that he did not talk the politically correct talk. The Danny character spoke his mind; he had not needed to “spare” the ex-wife’s feelings (and why should he given her actions in the story). Again it was great dialogue, and I am sure many of us -given the chance, wish we would be able to say the same things to that past ex-wife/girlfriend/high school dump crush. IRL most of us would just “grin and bear it”, being polite to avoid a scene and take the “High Road”.

Another well done point was how you wrote the husbands thought process toward the wife’s affair partner. You had Danny go thru the “kill him/torture him/ruin him” any male would feel, then allowed the right side of the brain to correctly conclude it was the wife’s fault 100%. At all points-even up to the actual sex act with the affair partner, the wife always had the option of saying “No”. (Of course if you had written the wife saying NO” there would have been no conflict, and thus no real story.)

Anothor plot device Sstang used in this one, is the Husband taking care of the cheating wife for an extended period of time. Often LW uses an accident of some sort to allow the cheater to nurse the offended party back to health and use the time to atone for sins, thus the offended party can get over their anger/grief and see the cheater in a new light, forgiveness follows , then getting back together. Sstangs story twisted this plot device backward.

The hormone issue is a well tried and true story line. SStang put another interesting twist on the plot line by including in his ending an encounter with someone who claimed her hormones were the reason for a brief affair (I agree with SStang, it also would have taken a much better man than I to overlook an affair due to whacked out hormones). In the real world the “Hormone Defense” has been tried in many court cases both famous and infamous -to excuse everything from murder, to shoplifting. To date, as far as I know, this defense has fared well. Most feminists almost explode when you bring up “The Hormones made me do it.” Feminists (and most females) hate that this hormone excuse reinforces the stereotypical view that females cannot be trusted to be rational, ladies being slaves to their biology, the weaker sex-harking back to the days of the “vapors, and hysteria” (Accepted as medical “Fact” until the 1950s)

Would I have had the characters reunite? Given that SStang left the husband with lingering doubts/trust issues even at the story tail, I would have punted and had them live together to raise the daughter. Perhaps a pre-nup to spell out child support, and asset division, to give the husband character some confidence-but marry her again…that may be a bridge too far. However this is SStangs story, and the remarry at the finish gave everything a romantic wrap-up that worked.

Thanks again for your continued fine tales

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Sexual atavism from the paleolite and the fable story instruments

Majority of SS06's stories are fable stories and this story showed some instruments of the fable stories. The most fable story symtome was the accidental meeting with his exwife and the saving of her from the death accident. This was a 100% fable story instrument. This is lottery likelihood thing, but the froud felony criminal loverboy and the end twist with the paternity, etc.. This is a excellent fable story from the fable story expert SS06.

We are concsious being and the majority of us to know our (or future children) interests, if somebody forgets her children interest she may frind lottery winning likelihood chance for decent future for her children. We male people whose wives are first trimester pregnant we can use this evolution sexual atavism for our pleasure as well...................Only this is the meat of this fable story, and 5 stars from me!

KristieBechirKristieBechiralmost 12 years ago
Magic Dick

was the harmonica player for J. Geils. Peter Wolf was the lead singer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Nice

I agree with Steele and a couple others. You drug the fact about the baby being his out to long but I was waiting for it. You made Danny into an insufferable ass the entire story because he would never listen to her or ask why... I realize this was to get sympathy from the BTB guys out there. You did warn them not to read the story but you knew they would so you placated them throughout the story. He was a worse cheater with the Sister than she could ever have thought to be. I am glad this was not a true story as he disgusted me throughout. Along with her parents who abandoned her.

That said...I liked your weekly story. You are progressing in my opinion anyway.

Old MarineVet Ron Wood

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
WTF??? I do not believe this comment???

@ Anon If your wife leaves you and she tells you she goes to other guy to live. YOU WILL BE FAITHFUL HER AND YOU WAIT FOR HER!!!!! Why he was wronger than his cheating wife was????? Are you ONE SIDED CONNECTION FAN???? The wife is free to do sex with strangers, but the husband must be faithful???? Why was he cheater with KIM?????? Are you slut wife with willing cuckold husband and you are irritated WITH THE WORKING MUTUALITY IN THE STORY???????????????

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
I understand for the fan of the willing cuckold stories is difficult to understand not only one sided marriages are!!!

@ Anon SS06 shows for the readers with the Kim affair, the main character is not a creampieeating whimp, but a decent guy who is able to go trough the betrayal quickly and to find newer woman mate, because HE BECAME FREE FROM HIS WIFE AND HE ARE GETING THE DIVORCE SOON. I think it is difficult some people to understand the MUTUALITY MEANS IF THE WIFE HAS EXTRAMARITAL LOVE THE HUSBAND GETS FREE CARD FOR EXTRAMARITAL LOVE AS WELL AND VICA VERSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We BTB crowd likes this story because the mutuality workes in the story and the husband decides on the reconcilation freely after the KIM affair..............So he could see himself in the mirror!!!!!!!!

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 12 years ago
Great story

Some people will not like it. Why? It rattles their comfort zone. Ah. Too bad.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 12 years ago
I like reconciliation stories as well as revenge stories

Well done.

A very good storyline and solid characters that are believable.

I though that he should have given her the benefit of the doubt after she went to so much, trying to get him to forgive her. If she wasn't really sincere about loving him, I think she wouldn't have put up with all of his doubting her love for him.

Although; throughout the read, I had the feeling that she was going to fuck over him again, and was surprised how the story ended.

I liked the ending.

Thanks for the read.

RePhilRePhilalmost 12 years ago
It seems you write

Iike the rest of us breath, with no effort at all. Great story and always enjoy your writing style. Thanks again for the longer story! Please keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Clever premise ...

but the speed that her condition had to drive her "crazy" undermines the story. Most women who have a hormonal imbalance problem develop mood swings over days and weeks. Any woman having 2 or 3 kids with another on the way might strike out at the guy who put her in that position - it is called stress. What make Danny a wimp is the fact that he professes one thing but he ends up doing something else that he claims to hate. The one thing he wants throughout this whole story until the last page was Ella. Then Lena uses his desire for Ella to play wife. They had no real discussion about how she could just leave him or how she allowed herself to be seduced by a total stranger for weeks and months before she left him. Since Danny described how he lived to be with her how is it that she could spend time with another gut? If they were perfect for each other how could she just replace him with a guy she only had sex with twice. Also, most women going through mood swings talk to their firends and family - but not Lena. You got incest into the story with Kimmie but the speed of her jumping on her brother-in-law had to be a record. Talk about hating your sister and the parents are ashamed of Lena? Lastly. the crazy emotions can make women do stupid things but her actions spanned months. For her to return to the wife role at the end does not jive with the setup at the beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
He's a moron

I can see finally reaching a point that he could forgive her, best thing he could do is get rid of the hate he was caring around and get on with his life. But to actually take her back means he is a moron and deserves anything she does to him in the future, as she will most assuredly will.

northlandernorthlanderalmost 12 years ago
Well Done

I never miss one of your stories, no matter how much I may like it or hate it, because you make them interesting and as a husband that went through three pregnancies, I can sure vouch for the mood swings and hormone imbalances. I have to give this one 5

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 12 years ago
hated to read it

but it is you so i finally did. you did a good job with it - saw that the baby was his from left field - that was obvious. not as good as the way you fucking hid it in "love is for suckers" were you have her tell us her last name and move on - but not a bad read. you took a chance, expanded your writing, got a smart "cheater" instead of a real dummy dummy, and i ended up liking it.

your problem is that we now grade you on a curve and things like back on the block, or billie jean, business, oind, set the bar so fucking high you have become a casualty of your own success. sort of like dickens or jane austin, or even hg wells.

ParPlus10ParPlus10almost 12 years ago
Nice.

Several others pointed out some pretty good issues.

So I'm not going to regurgitate what others have already said.

It is nice to see some can actually give criticism without being an asshole about it.

As for me, I just enjoyed reading the story.

Thanks.

Spartan22Spartan22almost 12 years ago
Great Story

...great story, as always. I think what you really did great about this one was take someone (Lena) who I really loathed in page one and wanted to see vanish, to a person I really started to care about by page eight. Didn't want to see them get back together at first but I warmed up to it... even though there is still a trust issue that seriously needs to be worked on. Once again, excellent story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
NICE

One...bill

count2threecount2threealmost 12 years ago

You had it right that many people probably won't like this story, but you are wrong that it is because it is about forgiveness. At least in my case, I have no problem with forgiveness. My problem with the story is (A) that the hubby is a wuss as evidenced by his inability to even tell the hospital staff that the child isn't his and (B) that that women, although she says again and again how sorry she is, tries too much to turn the tables on him. It was really, really painful at times how she tries to run this con-game on him. And that is exactly what it is: She was not repentant and delivered herself to his mercy but she was proactively trying (and finally succeeding) to con him into letting her back into his life.

I dont know about you but If a women who betrayed me like that would try to muscle her way back into my life by exploiting my weaknesses (i.e. still loving her) would have just made the biggest mistake of her life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Not One of Your Best

Even the great Babe Ruth didn't hit it out of the park every time. A wise old man once told me that you may not like the destination but you can still enjoy the trip. So even if I didnot care for the subject of the story but it was well told and an enjoyable read. Still a 5 in my opinion.

cpetecpeteover 11 years ago
After a reread...

I have to say during the arguements between sisters, and hubby & wife, this story has the best dialouge of all the stories you have written-which translates ito some of the best dialouge on LW.

If you ever had two sisters, and seen them get into it-there is no holds barred and everything is on the table. You captured that quite a few times in this tale.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 11 years ago
I always enjoy reading your stories

Agree with the decisions or not -

This time I agree - children trump selfish every time -

I do not see her as having been nearly as conniving as some do - she did not plan any part of getting him back - nor did she use the strongest weapon she had - all along - to trap him. She only needed to tell him the baby was his and it would be done - short story time -

He needed to be a bit slow and non-demonstrative or it would have come to a head earlier so forgive the moron his inability to tell everyone - again it would have been a nice - short - story lol

Nice job

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good story

but I would have still left her at the hospital.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great Story

This was an absolutely phenomenal story. I thought that Daniel would end up marrying Kim. For some reason, I actually prefer this story than your other stories where the hubby gets some revenge on the wife. Keep up the great work.

-G

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

One commenter did make a very valid point. Lena did in a way manipulate her way back into Daniel's life. I cannot see any male letting someone who cheated on them force her way back into their life. People do forgive cheating spouses, but only after the spouse shows tremendous remorse. Often, the cheating spouse shows remorse by demonstrating how much they love the other one through cooking, sex, cleaning, etc. Never does a person forgive a cheating spouse who manipulates their way back into the person's life.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 11 years ago
Tried

I tried to like this story, I really tried. I just couldn't do it.

robinhodrobinhodover 11 years ago
How can Danny be in an executive position?

He has less brain cells than a geranium.

This story isn't a whodunnit. It isn't a romance.

It's a 'When is this dumb bastard going to catch on to the oh so obvious'.

Well written, as per usual, though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Oh Please!

This story was very painful to read. I had to ease my pain and skip to the end. It started out as a story to where a cheating woman would get her just results. Instead this story continues on in today's "pussified" men's world where the cheating woman gets what she wants, no matter what, and the ex husband actually helps the cheater in whatever wish/change of mind the woman has through his "kindness".

What usually happens in today's society is no matter how wrong, hormonally challenged, criminally evil an american woman is, she still gets her way in the courts, and in the memory of friends and family. This story has the woman in fact getting her way with her ex just like today's ho's usually do. I use the word "ho" because these women do not deserve the title "women". Her intent to treat her ex like she did was certainally premeditated, no matter how the story line made her look innocent because of hormones. You know, the hormones where a women can't lose weight until she is hoaring with a man on the side and losses weight only then. Hormones of convenience, huh?

This men's cult of "civilized" willing cuckolds has to end or we are damning our male children to the same life of misery and sexist servitude. This women needs her tubes tied. You know what? She would still end up treating her ex the same or close way that she did in this story. I am sixty three and a lifetime of marriages and relationships has certainly proven my words. If I read any of your future stories I will now have to skip to the end to save personal mental misery on my part which is a shame as you writing style is good.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

I guess I don't understand most of the comments. I totally loved this story and certainly don't think any less of you because it involves forgiveness and reconciliation. Sometimes in life, the bitch gets burned. Other times, she is redeemed. Thats real life. I am glad that he had decided to take her back (or at least was close to) before finding out the truth. The easy path would have been for her to simply tell him right away, have him understand her condition, and for them to live happily ever after. Instead, you took the challenging road (as a good writer always does), and made her earn her redemption. Bravo!

jacsrjacsrover 11 years ago
The stories just keep going On.

I am an avid reader of your stories. It doesn't matter if there are grammar mistakes or other mistakes, what matters is the content, the intent and the ability to keep your readers from putting down the story. Your stories do that, keep on writing I enjoy the fact that you always include mustangs as part of your story.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Whore

Lena was a whore and always will be a whore. And can never be trusted. And will at some point spread her legs and give her nasty diseased cunt to someone else. Cheaters can never be trusted. Ever. You know why, don't you? Its true.

Once a cheater ALWAYS a cheater.

maninconnmaninconnalmost 11 years ago
Daniela Boone!? Seriously?

Yes I liked your story, I like all your tales. But of all your whacky names, for this one you should be sentenced to drive a Yugo for a year.

JounarJounaralmost 11 years ago

@ maninconn

WTF man, the wacky names and pop culture references are awesome :)

kemanderkemanderover 10 years ago
Loved It!

I have wondered, and so I'll ask; do you write these stories while strapped down to a bed in a mental ward? Sorry. Truly! I'm only kidding. Once again, another great story from a true genius. Tell Miko to suck it in and deal with it, which she obviously did a good job of, because the characters and development of them, not to mention the plot and layout of it are truly pure genius. Thanks Stanger!

carvohicarvohiover 10 years ago
What do they know?

I read most of the comments. Wow, you got a DQS; highest praise! Most of the comments were silly. First, women do have hormonal problems with pregnancy. I am an expert there; we have six kids, and now bunches of grandkids. Our first baby threw me for a loop. My wife was all over the place; sad, happy, angry, tearful, fearful, irritable, angry at me, in love with me. They get all goofed up physiologically and all goofed up emotionally. Second, they do start to glow. They get this soft sweaty sheen that's there all the time. Third, touching your wife's pregnant belly is like nothing else on the planet. I mean its there, its yours, and you just instinctively know it. I knew right away when your protagonist felt like an electric shock this story would end well. The fetus was his; he just didn't know it yet. I do have one problem with your writing. I work from home on my computer mostly now. When I want to take a break I'll turn my chair to my laptop and read a 'quickie' from Literotica. It's a great break, better than solitaire or free-cell. My problem with your stories is they're never 'quickies'. A Just Plain Bob or an old Ohio are perfect fits for that 3:00 a.m. break, but your stuff pulls me away and I can't get back till I'm done so I lose a lot of time. I forgive you though; you're too much fun. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Man I must be loosing my higher brain functions. Some of it was absolutely ridiculous, I was laughing my ass off. Rest of the time I was thoroughly confused, couldn't get where the story was going off to. But, it was quite a story you told here.

monkcalmmonkcalmover 10 years ago
BULLSHIT

Pregnant and hormones wow women can do anything with that checkbook excuse, if she cheats she was always a cheater, and to any and all cheating abusive women fuck your hormones you cunts i hope you die of an std. A pregnancy make her crazy like booze or drugs, this fucking lie was started by 1) a woman 2) a bitch male doctor.

at what point in our "equal" society do women stop getting a pass because they can breed, Ive seen some horrible shit happen because women have hormones, she fuck,she lied about kid,she started to fuck around again, all because of hormones,wow easy out, Nazis did it because they followed orders,KKK does it because they have it coming, terrorists do it because we are all infidels, women do it because of hormones, drunk drivers kill because of booze, at some point there is a moment where you say this is fucking nuts and then blow by it.

she cheated ,lied,did it again, and hormones are the reason, gotta remember that next time i wanna bitch slap a bitch..it was my hormones your honor they were all out of whack because she drove me mad..yeah yeah thats legal or at least morally acceptable...what it is still wrong! tell that to by Buddie whose dead because his "pregnant" wife killed him, because he left because she was physically violent, and the cops were like snicker snicker just run,he did, his mom told her where she was and she killed him..and they said it was her hormones. his dad kicked his mom to the fucking curb with nothing.His brother dumped his wife scared him shitless, apparently his wife was a bit hormonal too.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
Good story. But....

When Lena and Sebastian were together, they only had sex twice because it wasn't good for either of them. Why then would Danny think that Lena would want to go and have sex with Sebastian at the conference?

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Wow

I hate cuckold and forgiveness stories. This was an exception! The husband married a woman with some serious mental problems. Her family was also a mixed bag, nice sister, crazy parents who pretend their Christians but have more pride than love for their own daughter. Dan, did the right thing at every juncture. He was a good man and strong enough to love a child he thought needed him. He also reached to his troubled ex wife. I don't like second chances when it comes to cheaters, it is usually a bad move. I am glad Dan took the chance and I hope it works out for him.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
I believe that I have read this before, I don't know if I commented or not.

While I am usually the BTB type I agree with this reconciliation story. It was rough but it worked out. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
she is not a cheater

Bad move based on bad judgement under extreme effect of mental disorder during pregnency was her mistake. In fact she should be forgiven just based on her honesty for not cheating on him and trying hard to fix her mistake.

ifeanyiifeanyiabout 10 years ago

My brother from another continent! Thank you for another wonderful story. You is ma NIGGA ! ( No disrespect )

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous